Joe Sugg - ThatcherJoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd say the bbc are using, the one show as a sort of an audition, as to what they are going give him for Comic Relief.

If he does well live, gets younger viewer numbers, they will give him a big presenting job for Comic Relief, which will really launch his TV career.

If the one show doesn't do great they will get him to visit an underprivileged kids centre and it will be back to YouTube for Joe.
To be fair, pretty much anybody with a verified tick on Twitter can turn up at the BBC and ask for a go presenting The One Show. They have had some real variety in guest hosts over the years. Sometimes they do well, sometimes they don't.

And you're probably right about him getting some kind of presenting role for Comic Relief, though I don't think it will be dependent on whether The One Show goes well for him. Might go as far as to say Joe and Stacey could be teamed up again to present a chunk of the telethon? Ore Oduba who won Strictly a couple of years ago, he's done very well out of BBC presenting jobs even though I don't think he is that good as a presenter, I always find him a bit wooden. Though he does help the BBC BAME figures which probably helps him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Oh I don't really know how she or Philip Schofield are so prominent. I guess maybe, not to play channel wars, I just feel like there's a smarminess and phoniness that some of the ITV presenters have a bit more of. I'm not saying Joe is smarmy or phony but his style reminds me a little more of ITV, if that makes any sense. A certain slickness.
If Rochelle Humes can be a "presenter". Anyone can.

Reactions: 8
Slightly awkward, BBC One continuity announcer announced Joe as Joe Suggs. And then there was the inevitable cringe joke, Joe pretending he was vlogging.

I was prepared to cringe but I actually though he did well considering its his second ever live tv gig. Obviously theres things he needs to work on and he has a few bad habits but its a definite improvement from the nye show.Hopefully he gets more work off the back of it.

Reactions: 2
I was prepared to cringe but I actually though he did well considering its his second ever live tv gig. Obviously theres things he needs to work on and he has a few bad habits but its a definite improvement from the nye show.Hopefully he gets more work off the back of it.
The One Show is actually a good place to learn the job because nobody expects high standards, and it is the weirdest show anything can be justified practically.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm currently traveling so unable to watch the one show. I know Dianne only made an appearance, but did she act like she dose in vlogs or act complete different and more adult.

Also the dress shirt she was wearing remind me of one of Joe's shirts.

I'm currently traveling so unable to watch the one show. I know Dianne only made an appearance, but did she act like she dose in vlogs or act complete different and more adult.

Also the dress shirt she was wearing remind me of one of Joe's shirts.
I think it was one of joe's shirts TBH

Just saw this on Instagram ? I can see the Joanne fans causing to them split up? As there either way over the top with loving everything they do/say or analysis every part of there vlog to find fault.
I would imagine it's just Joe's assistant/cleaner. I'm yet to the watch the vlog has anyone else watched it?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Just saw this on Instagram ? I can see the Joanne fans causing to them split up? As there either way over the top with loving everything they do/say or analysis every part of there vlog to find fault.
I would imagine it's just Joe's assistant/cleaner. I'm yet to the watch the vlog has anyone else watched it?
Insane. I didn't even hear anyone. They have better ears than I do.

Say what you will about Joe, but he's a smart man...if he was hoeing around while Dianne is away, he would make sure there was no trace on his vlogs. I doubt he'd be letting her in his flat either since some crazies are probably standing around outside keeping a tally of everyone who comes and goes. This is what I said and others have said about why Joe and Dianne should both be wary of the fans who ship couples. Some of them are living their lives through their beloved 'Joanne,' which means they have no boundaries and project all their own issues, long after it crosses the line of what is healthy.

There are a million reasons he and Dianne won't stay together, but these types of fans are more likely to just make them become more private about their relationship, rather than force a break.

The main thing I noticed watching this vlog was how incoherent it was; it felt like a show that is in its last few years, when the lead actors are sick of being there or are busy elsewhere, so the main character's friends, lovers, and long-lost cousins begin taking up airtime. It really is time for Joe to call it a day on these channels if he's this uninterested, because if he doesn't, his fans will do it for him. I saw several comments saying they watch for him, not Dianne, and not for Dianne on her own, so they are done with the channel. I wonder how many people feel the same way and just never leave a comment.

I keep getting preoccupied by what is and isn't an ad - there were vague plugs for the bedding and the car, and not-so-vague for Byron's song (which sounds like something an early Drag Race boot would release....but it's a little catchy). I think I focus too much on this part because these vloggers live in such a rarefied world. I wish he'd done an 'ad' for Mikey's leather jacket because if I had the money I'd buy one of those for myself.

Like with many other recent vlogs, Dianne and Joe seem much more at ease when they are apart. Joe was so much more fun with Mikey, an actual sparring partner, than he ever is with Dianne, someone who doesn't get his vibe and he ends up looking down on or changing himself to fit with. Dianne is a little more nervous (notice she has to mention she isn't dancing with Joe anymore and is dancing with another man and how this is a change - the poor woman probably knew she'd get hate from somebody if she didn't acknowledge it) but also seems much much more at home with her friends and fellow dancers.

(when I see Amy in these vlogs I think she may have been a better romantic partner for Joe, as she is very quick-witted and chill - then again Joe may prefer to be with someone he can condescend to the way he does with Dianne)

You can feel a certain tension with Dianne and Joe and what different people they are once the happy smiley jokey element is stripped away, especially in some of the last stories before she started more heavily preparing for her tour like the one where he was annoyed at her still pretending that the sloth Alfie won for her was their child.

They are much lighter apart.

I wonder if this tour is going to tell them both that the good times are over and it's better to part as friends and remember the fun they had over the last six months.

If so I just hope they turn off all their comments sections.

Last edited:
Having just watched the vlog, I can’t actually believe I enjoyed the parts with Mikey in. I don’t like Mikey, but him being there and him and Joe bantering was a breath of fresh air, I really enjoyed it. I just skipped straight through every Dianne segment. I have no interest in her dance rehearsals. I don’t want to watch a Dianne Buswell vlog.

Also, I need them to stop with the stupid naming of plants becuase it is cringey and embarassing. This whole “family” thing - Joe, Dianne and their plant children - it’s tragic and childish.

Yeah we don’t really need to be reminded of the non-sensical plant names at any given opportunity do we? It’s like “look how domestic and cute and quirky we are! Look!!” Really irritating actually.

Their problem is always over doing everything and constantly trying to make random stuff a “thing”, when it really should’ve just been a one off gag.

Yeah that’s true though Joe has always been like that with varying levels of success - the buternut squash skit springs to mind. That went on way too long. And in his early days of YouTube he was forever naming inanimate objects with a name that shared its first initial with the real name. That got annoying fast but it seemed he had grown out of it...until Dianne graced us with the hilarity of Ferguson the Fern. Do you notice how every time it’s mentioned they have to play out the whole routine; her saying its a great name and makes perfect sense, him pretending not to remember the name then acting bemused by it, her continuing to defend it...

Joe/Dianne and Oli/Evie are going on a double date tonight.I can’t think that Dianne and Evie have much in common so I can see this going down like a fat kid on a seesaw

Joe/Dianne and Oli/Evie are going on a double date tonight.I can’t think that Dianne and Evie have much in common so I can see this going down like a fat kid on a seesaw
Would love to see an interaction between Evie and Diane as Evie just seems so far up her own snobby arse

The idea of that sounds like a nightmare.

Would love to see an interaction between Evie and Diane as Evie just seems so far up her own snobby arse
I know this is Joes thread but I honestly can’t work out what Evie sees in Oli,they’re the most bizare couple.Ans like you said she seems like a massive snob who’s so far up her own arse.

I would too. In general interaction between these four would be interesting to observe... so many different agendas...
I bet Evie is jealous of Dianne as she scored the (butter)cream of the crop, as it were. Evie had to do her golddiging right at the bottom of the pile.

Sorry for the bombardment of metapors... I just wanted to make my point...

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.