Joe Sugg - ThatcherJoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a common misperception that Evie is golddigging when in reality she comes from a wealthy family far more well off than Oli. I’m sure she was more interested in finding someone who would increase her social status more than anything.

It’s a common misperception that Evie is golddigging when in reality she comes from a wealthy family far more well off than Oli. I’m sure she was more interested in finding someone who would increase her social status more than anything.
I have heard that before but don’t think it changes much - I would still class it as gold digging in a general, if not literal, sense. She’s with him for her own gains. And tbh I’m sure she likes his money too-if she is accustomed to a certain lifestyle already, it would be a pain not be able to afford it... and. it’s better to have your boyfriend pay for things than your parents, right?

Reactions: 2
I’d love to fast forward a couple years and see what all these ‘buttercreams’ are up to as I can almost certainly guarantee none of them will be on yt anymore as all their channels are tanking.I think Joe and Caspar will be fine as they’ve had great success and are building their futures but the rest I think will just fade away

Reactions: 1
I’d love to fast forward a couple years and see what all these ‘buttercreams’ are up to as I can almost certainly guarantee none of them will be on yt anymore as all their channels are tanking.I think Joe and Caspar will be fine as they’ve had great success and are building their futures but the rest I think will just fade away
Oh no I think Mikey Pearce is set for life ?

I know this is Joes thread but I honestly can’t work out what Evie sees in Oli,they’re the most bizare couple.Ans like you said she seems like a massive snob who’s so far up her own arse.
Probably the fact he's a millionaire who knows hes punching and spoils her rotten. Just don't like her one bit - in that SA prank she was such a diva.

Out of the buttercream - I'd say Caspar was the most desirable, hes good looking, seems like a nice guy who is committed when he has a girlfriend and is successful in his own right with businesses, he also seems nice, paid for a scholarship for someone back home etc.

I have heard that before but don’t think it changes much - I would still class it as gold digging in a general, if not literal, sense. She’s with him for her own gains. And tbh I’m sure she likes his money too-if she is accustomed to a certain lifestyle already, it would be a pain not be able to afford it... and. it’s better to have your boyfriend pay for things than your parents, right?
Mmm I guess. I just don’t think it’s as bad as people make it seem. She didn’t come from nothing trying to get something. She is just continuing on with what’s expected of a wealthy family. I’m sure her parents wouldn’t expect anything less than an Oli. Oli knows what’s up. To me they both use each other and they lack chemistry. I think they’d be better off as friends, but ay its been two years so.

Mmm I guess. I just don’t think it’s as bad as people make it seem. She didn’t come from nothing trying to get something. She is just continuing on with what’s expected of a wealthy family. I’m sure her parents wouldn’t expect anything less than an Oli. Oli knows what’s up. To me they both use each other and they lack chemistry. I think they’d be better off as friends, but ay its been two years so.
I agree there’s no chemistry there and it’s just such a strange dynamic.But at the end of the day we only see so much so who knows they might get married and have the most ridiculous extravagant wedding?

Probably the fact he's a millionaire who knows hes punching and spoils her rotten. Just don't like her one bit - in that SA prank she was such a diva.

Out of the buttercream - I'd say Caspar was the most desirable, hes good looking, seems like a nice guy who is committed when he has a girlfriend and is successful in his own right with businesses, he also seems nice, paid for a scholarship for someone back home etc.
I agree actually. Joe may seem like the top choice, because he’s the most popular, but when you add more aspects into it Caspar is the best option from that group. I’d see Evie being more jealous of Ambar than Dianne when it comes to choice of “buttercream” member. However, I can definitely see her being jealous of how well received Dianne is.

I agree there’s no chemistry there and it’s just such a strange dynamic.But at the end of the day we only see so much so who knows they might get married and have the most ridiculous extravagant wedding[emoji849]
That’s the thing I actually see them getting married lol. Divorced 5 years later though.

For some reason I just decided to sit through Oli's latest video, and Christ he is annoying. His brother is super chill while Oli is behaving more over the top than a children's tv presenter.

He is so fake on his videos because there is no way he can be like that off camera around the rest of the gang, and certainly not be able to get a girlfriend acting like that. He is tragic, his videos are terrible and unoriginal, and his channel is sustained entirely by the presence of his brother.

For some reason I just decided to sit through Oli's latest video, and Christ he is annoying. His brother is super chill while Oli is behaving more over the top than a children's tv presenter.

He is so fake on his videos because there is no way he can be like that off camera around the rest of the gang, and certainly not be able to get a girlfriend acting like that. He is tragic, his videos are terrible and unoriginal, and his channel is sustained entirely by the presence of his brother.
I think this all the time - the way he pretends to hate certain foods - I hate certain foods but would be able to eat a tiny bit without the over dramatics if needed. If you see him in the background of people's blog's hes nothing like that. As you say, its Kids TV presenter x1000 more dramatic

Joe/Dianne and Oli/Evie are going on a double date tonight.I can’t think that Dianne and Evie have much in common so I can see this going down like a fat kid on a seesaw
When was the last time Oli was even on his blog? Joe's birthday? All the videos blur in my mind so maybe it hasn't been long.

When was the last time Oli was even on his blog? Joe's birthday? All the videos blur in my mind so maybe it hasn't been long.
The last time they were seen out together was just after the strictly final when Joe announce him and Dianne were dating. A big group of them went to winter wonderland and did karaoke. So Dianne and Evie have meet a few times, but never In a sit down dinner type environment where they talk and get to know each other.

Will be interesting to see if they get on, as Dianne comes from a normal working class family and Evie comes from a rich family, so not sure what they'd really have in common.

How boring was Joe latest vlog. I can see why he get's Dianne to film so much as if you took out Dianne clips there wouldn't be enough footage form Joe to turn into a vlog. I use to find Mikey a bit annoying, but I rather watch Joe and Mikey laughing and joking on camera than him and Dianne.

Also, form reading the comments lots of people are saying Joe's channel is turning into a family Vlogging channel. Which I agree, but when you watching family vlogggers the clips all flow together, wears it feels like Joe's part of the vlog flows, but then he's stuck clips of Dianne throughout those clips and it just doesn't work.

I also saw comments as well saying I've only come here for Dianne, so his plans of making him self more popular are starting to back fire as at this rate I can see Dianne being more popular than him.

How boring was Joe latest vlog. I can see why he get's Dianne to film so much as if you took out Dianne clips there wouldn't be enough footage form Joe to turn into a vlog. I use to find Mikey a bit annoying, but I rather watch Joe and Mikey laughing and joking on camera than him and Dianne.

Also, form reading the comments lots of people are saying Joe's channel is turning into a family Vlogging channel. Which I agree, but when you watching family vlogggers the clips all flow together, wears it feels like Joe's part of the vlog flows, but then he's stuck clips of Dianne throughout those clips and it just doesn't work.

I also saw comments as well saying I've only come here for Dianne, so his plans of making him self more popular are starting to back fire as at this rate I can see Dianne being more popular than him.
This is another reason why I think he should just end his yt channels as its just boring now tbh.I feel like its naturally come to an end especially after his strictly sabbatical and he should jump before he's pushed. I feel as though his hearts no longer in it and hasn't been for a long time.He's getting older and his life has changed a lot and will continue to change over the next couple years,hes not that same boy in his early 20s pulling pranks and prating about with his mates anymore. I hope he gets pulled into the presenting world as I feel like this would be a good next step for him.

Reactions: 4
I think he feels like he owes it to his fans to still make videos. He doesn’t want to be one of those people that become too busy and famous and forget the people/place that got them to where they are. Unfortunately for him, you can’t just upload whatever you want whenever you want and keep people happy. You have to be consistent which he can no longer do and probably doesn’t want to do anymore. He should probably just stick to Instagram stories if he still wants to vlog random bits of his day. Unless he gives up all that’s come with doing Strictly, and goes full on back into YT/Sugg Sunday’s, things aren’t going to work well for him. Maybe his gaming channel if he was able to upload weekly. He’s funny enough with his commentary that people watch even if they don’t care for the game. But he’s grown out of regular challenge videos and doesn’t do anything interesting often enough to vlog.

Reactions: 6
This is another reason why I think he should just end his yt channels as its just boring now tbh.I feel like its naturally come to an end especially after his strictly sabbatical and he should jump before he's pushed. I feel as though his hearts no longer in it and hasn't been for a long time.He's getting older and his life has changed a lot and will continue to change over the next couple years,hes not that same boy in his early 20s pulling pranks and prating about with his mates anymore. I hope he gets pulled into the presenting world as I feel like this would be a good next step for him.
I agree, it's getting boring now. I can't watch his vlogs as I find them embarrassing. It's very uncomfortable to watch. Sickly, toe curling and childish. People of their age are usually married with kids, not naming plants and stuffed toys as children. They need to move on and stop playing Peter Pan. Joe could make a good presenter on tv, so why continue to act up to a 13 year old audience. Sad really?

Reactions: 3

What hurts his channel is there are new fans who like her and don't care about him, while the older fans like him and don't care about her. Their content together also isn't going to please anybody long-term, as many (including me) find videos cooing over plants and stuffed animals to be sickmakingly false, while the fans who watch for their great love will want proposals, dances, and declarations of love. I saw where he answered fan questions and gave a firm no to doing a video about about when he and Dianne got together. This type of video would be a stupid idea (especially since Dianne was dating another man when this all started). It won't be long before these fans who demand such content start saying he's using her and trying to drag him through the mud in the name of 'saving' Dianne.

Long-term this type of fan is just a huge pain and he'll be better off in his career when they move on to their next fantasy couple.

I agree, it's getting boring now. I can't watch his vlogs as I find them embarrassing. It's very uncomfortable to watch. Sickly, toe curling and childish. People of their age are usually married with kids, not naming plants and stuffed toys as children. They need to move on and stop playing Peter Pan. Joe could make a good presenter on tv, so why continue to act up to a 13 year old audience. Sad really?
More and more people their age are choosing not to marry or have children (many less fortunate than Joe or Dianne are still not even living in their own homes), so I think they're a good fit for some of today, but they need to stop with the nauseating nonsense with naming all their plants and stuffed animals. Joe doesn't even do a very good job of keeping this charade going, as he shut down some of Dianne's cooing over that toy sloth.

They're probably afraid to be themselves because they know their real selves are going to be much less palatable for the fantasy shippers, and possibly because their whole relationship is built for the short term anyway. I still say they'd be better off just dropping the act and letting people see them for who they truly are.

Reactions: 6
More and more people their age are choosing not to marry or have children (many less fortunate than Joe or Dianne are still not even living in their own homes), so I think they're a good fit for some of today, but they need to stop with the nauseating nonsense with naming all their plants and stuffed animals. Joe doesn't even do a very good job of keeping this charade going, as he shut down some of Dianne's cooing over that toy sloth.

They're probably afraid to be themselves because they know their real selves are going to be much less palatable for the fantasy shippers, and possibly because their whole relationship is built for the short term anyway. I still say they'd be better off just dropping the act and letting people see them for who they truly are.
I'm not saying they should be settled down with marriage and children, I'm saying that a lot of people their age are settled down with children, and I find it a bit pathetic that they are bowing down to an audience of 11 to 13 year olds who hang on to their every word and worship them like bloody saints. For f**us sake move on and grow up, it's embarrassing.

I think he feels like he owes it to his fans to still make videos. He doesn’t want to be one of those people that become too busy and famous and forget the people/place that got them to where they are. Unfortunately for him, you can’t just upload whatever you want whenever you want and keep people happy. You have to be consistent which he can no longer do and probably doesn’t want to do anymore. He should probably just stick to Instagram stories if he still wants to vlog random bits of his day. Unless he gives up all that’s come with doing Strictly, and goes full on back into YT/Sugg Sunday’s, things aren’t going to work well for him. Maybe his gaming channel if he was able to upload weekly. He’s funny enough with his commentary that people watch even if they don’t care for the game. But he’s grown out of regular challenge videos and doesn’t do anything interesting often enough to vlog.
This is the exact same vibe that I got,like fair play to him for remembering where he came from and what got him to where he is today.I feel like he’s one of the few who actually acknowledges that he would be nowhere without his channel and fans.

Again I agree with you that he’s grown out of the yt scene,he just needs to take a leap of faith and leave it all behind as I think it’ll do him and his relationship good in the long run.

I’ve said it before but I genuinely do like Joe and I like his relationship with Dianne but the teenage fan girls do my head in and always make something out of nothing.I think it’ll be good for both of them to get away from the psycho yt fandom who still think that zalfie are #goalz and that Alf will finally pop the big question ?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.