Joe Sugg #7 living in domestic bliss, please don't say you've moved near your sis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well when you compare the casts to the first three series, it's a pretty weak cast full stop apart from Neil Morrissey, far from recognisable actors.

S1. Timothy Spall, Matthew Lewis, Joanna Page

S2. Sally Rogers, Siobhan Finneran, Alison Steadman

S3. Lenny Henry, Melanie Hill

Apart from Neil Morrissey there isn't really a name in the cast you can send out to hit the promo trail.

According to IMDB Joe is in 6 episodes, but that could be wrong. He has definitely been pushed too far to the front for the promotional work compared to how much he is in the show.
I’d disagree, you have plenty of people who have been seen in recognisable things. Couple of them from coronation street, gaynor Faye, joes girlfriend was in line of duty etc

it feels to me like joe was simply cast for the publicity. Fair play obviously he’s not going to turn it down but he wasn’t great

Finally got round to watching The Syndicate. I actually thought Joe was good, definitely better than what I thought he would be. I think those were some of the first scenes he filmed so hopefully he’ll improve as the series moves on. Scanning through twitter there’s a lot of positive praise, I was expecting him to be dragged😂

Reactions: 4
I’m not watching the full episodes as it doesn’t seem my thing and but from clips his facial expressions do seem a little too dramatic. Apart from that, I’ve seen a lot worse. Just had a look on Twitter and some people think he’s good who surprisingly aren’t fans while a few saying he’s not the best. I think he seems to have gone down well for his first time. The papers today seems to think he done pretty good at the accent considering some people were annoyed yesterday on loose women for hiring a southerner for a northerner. Thought that was the whole point in acting though 😂

The syndicate overall seems to have mixed bag review, some people are loving it while others are saying the story line isn’t believable at all so it will be interesting to see how it’s goes on.

Scanning through twitter there’s a lot of positive praise, I was expecting him to be dragged😂
Sorry I just realised I said something very similar after it posted 😂

Yeah, I think he said somewhere that he's in three episodes. Of course he's been over-promoted, it's the BBC, they use Joe as clickbait for everything he's involved in, that's why he's in the thumbnail for the Syndicate trailer even though he's not a main character :rolleyes: :LOL:
I thought he did alright, the accent was decent, and he delivered his lines okay, but the facial expressions were a bit much sometimes 😬 The whole premise of this series is a bit silly as well, I enjoyed the previous series and it's always been easy-going, no brain required tv, but this one might be a bit too far-fetched :unsure:

Reactions: 3
Personally thought he was alright especially for his
first tv acting job in the middle of a pandemic. He would probably benefit from a few acting classes when things get going again (but so would a lot of quite a few actors on tv tbh).
I can see they type of guy Kay’s going with for his character (he’s basically playing a combination of a couple of my ex’s 😂😂😂) so I guess he can only work with what he’s given.

Reactions: 1
I think he did well with what he was given; I've never seen the previous series' of The Syndicate so I didn't know what to expect but its not the deepest thing ever. You can only do so much with the writing that you're given and I think he did a good job with what he had. Also personally speaking from someone who is from up North and not too far away from where its based I think he did well with the accent.

Reactions: 5
Yeah, I think he said somewhere that he's in three episodes. Of course he's been over-promoted, it's the BBC, they use Joe as clickbait for everything he's involved in, that's why he's in the thumbnail for the Syndicate trailer even though he's not a main character :rolleyes: :LOL:
I thought he did alright, the accent was decent, and he delivered his lines okay, but the facial expressions were a bit much sometimes 😬 The whole premise of this series is a bit silly as well, I enjoyed the previous series and it's always been easy-going, no brain required tv, but this one might be a bit too far-fetched :unsure:
There is always some plot points that feel rather far fetched. But that's just how Kay seems to write the series, I suppose it gives plot points to run off.

S1. The child abduction storyline, the robbery and head smash with he whiskey bottle, and drug gang. Felt very far fetched.

S2. Felt a bit less ridiculous, though the ladyboy storyline was a bit much, a bit cliche more than anything. The domestic violence story was really good though I thought.

S3. My least favourite series, but wasn't there a fake abduction story, and the Lord being the secret father etc.?

Reactions: 2
Apparently Dianne did the cheese board yesterday. Super surprised it wasn’t gifted to them 😂

So joes new role is another romantic one just like in Waitress....I wonder if he’ll get sent disgusting abusive messages like Dianne does when she just does her job of teaching someone to dance, she can’t even stand next to or smile at someone without being abused. And he’s done nothing to stop it, left her to deal with it by herself potentially ruining her experience on strictly, but he doesn’t give a tit, she’s supported everything he does, whereas he just always tries to bring her down.
I’ve known and liked Dianne since her burn the floor days, and she needs to quickly remember how talented she is and that she’s performed on stages all around the world and leave his bleeping disrespectful ass.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So joes new role is another romantic one just like in Waitress....I wonder if he’ll get sent disgusting abusive messages like Dianne does when she just does her job of teaching someone to dance, she can’t even stand next to or smile at someone without being abused. And he’s done nothing to stop it, left her to deal with it by herself potentially ruining her experience on strictly, but he doesn’t give a tit, she’s supported everything he does, whereas he just always tries to bring her down.
I’ve known and liked Dianne since her burn the floor days, and she needs to quickly remember how talented she is and that she’s performed on stages all around the world and leave his bleeping disrespectful ass.
We all know the answer to that. I even saw one minion on twitter asking if someone has a screen shot of his kiss. The blatant misogyny shown to Dianne over her career is disgusting and I know I will be shut down but I don't agree that Joe should just say nothing when it's his fans. He doesn't have to bring attention to anyone specifically bit a post about how proud he is at the start would be something. I predict now if her tour is on later this year she'll get abuse for daring to leave him for her own career.

Whatever his reasons for letting her continue to get abuse from fans, you can really start to see how it affects her confidence in her career. A career where she's got actual talent and worked hard, unlike her boyfriend and his sister. Maybe underneath she makes them feel insecure or jealous?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
We all know the answer to that. I even saw one minion on twitter asking if someone has a screen shot of his kiss. The blatant misogyny shown to Dianne over her career is disgusting and I know I will be shut down but I don't agree that Joe should just say nothing when it's his fans. He doesn't have to bring attention to anyone specifically bit a post about how proud he is at the start would be something. I predict now if her tour is on later this year she'll get abuse for daring to leave him for her own career.

Whatever his reasons for letting her continue to get abuse from fans, you can really start to see how it affects her confidence in her career. A career where she's got actual talent and worked hard, unlike her boyfriend and his sister. Maybe underneath she makes them feel insecure or jealous?
I definitely think it’s affected her confidence as has his constant belittling her. I’ve seen a few interviews of him with the cast of syndicate and he’s so respectful and fawning over them, he just saves his put downs for Dianne. I honestly don’t think she looks that happy now , I just hope she can visit home and her mum and dad talk to her. If they’ve seen how he is with her, they must have watched the in the pan episodes where his attitude towards her was bleeping disgusting, how could they possibly want their daughter with him. He should just piss off nowHe does not deserve someone as genuine as Dianne.
And don’t get me started on the house, Dianne isolated from everyone she knows and getting to the studios easily. Her buswellness corner shoved at one end of the lounge, is there even enough space for her to do proper dancing? But he’s got a whole separate large room for his office, where she has to knock before entering.

I definitely think it’s affected her confidence as has his constant belittling her. I’ve seen a few interviews of him with the cast of syndicate and he’s so respectful and fawning over them, he just saves his put downs for Dianne. I honestly don’t think she looks that happy now , I just hope she can visit home and her mum and dad talk to her. If they’ve seen how he is with her, they must have watched the in the pan episodes where his attitude towards her was bleeping disgusting, how could they possibly want their daughter with him. He should just piss off nowHe does not deserve someone as genuine as Dianne.
And don’t get me started on the house, Dianne isolated from everyone she knows and getting to the studios easily. Her buswellness corner shoved at one end of the lounge, is there even enough space for her to do proper dancing? But he’s got a whole separate large room for his office, where she has to knock before entering.
Dianne was the one who wanted to move to Brighton she said it loads of times and joe wasn’t keen

I know your a massive dianne fan but Brighton isn’t the middle of nowhere or ‘isolated’ it’s an hour to London and a very vibrant place to live

also, maybe they are building her a studio, they’ve only just moved in.

Reactions: 12
I think they each have their own spaces, dianne has her own dressing room and buswellness corner, so it's not fair to say joe shouldn't have his own space aswell which she doesn't have to knock first, she walks in during his streams and he doesn't mind at all. They would have talked the move over beforehand so they must have agreed, knowing it would be furtheraway from everything but closer to family. Dianne was more keen on moving to Brighton, Joe was the one who tried to change her mind but couldn't. Joe is not an all round nasty person from what we can sees, everyone makes it sound like he is the worst person yes he might sometimes say things that should have been thought over first but he would never do anything to hurt her. He is very protective and they both joke around, if she didn't like anything he does I think she would tell him so and their family and friends would tell him aswell if he took anything too far. They are clearly head over heels for each other and that's all that matters

Last edited:
Reactions: 9

99% of people who send abuse to Dianne are just straight up trolls, not fans of any sort. Just because they're together it doesn't mean it's automatically his job to sort out all the trolls and deal with them for her. Especially considering she never said anything herself at the time. Almost everyone with a large following will get silly hateful messages and they very rarely reply to the trolls or feed into them. I’m obviously not saying it’s right or acceptable in any way, but trolls literally feed off responses and being noticed. Ignoring them is generally the best thing to do. Dianne didn't directly speak out so why should Joe on her behalf? You're assuming they never spoke about it together and he just lets her get on with it and deal by herself. Maybe she didn't want him to say anything? Say what you want but he obviously cares for her a lot. Trolls will be trolls regardless of what Joe says, so I very much doubt him telling them to leave her alone would do a spot of good. Even if they were some deranged Joe fan, if you try to target a troll all they do is come back harder.

Like I said, It's absolutely disgusting all the hate Dianne gets, but she's said herself that she has a thick skin and I'm sure she's dealing with the issue in the way she wants, and maybe that way is to just ignore it all. No matter how much you may dislike him it's not automatically his fault and responsibility to sort out random stupid trolls on the internet.

Reactions: 11
Kitchen looks absolutely squalid - look at the black flakes on the hob 🤢

Screenshot_20210401-154626_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210401-154608_Instagram.jpg

99% of people who send abuse to Dianne are just straight up trolls, not fans of any sort. Just because they're together it doesn't mean it's automatically his job to sort out all the trolls and deal with them for her. Especially considering she never said anything herself at the time. Almost everyone with a large following will get silly hateful messages and they very rarely reply to the trolls or feed into them. I’m obviously not saying it’s right or acceptable in any way, but trolls literally feed off responses and being noticed. Ignoring them is generally the best thing to do. Dianne didn't directly speak out so why should Joe on her behalf? You're assuming they never spoke about it together and he just lets her get on with it and deal by herself. Maybe she didn't want him to say anything? Say what you want but he obviously cares for her a lot. Trolls will be trolls regardless of what Joe says, so I very much doubt him telling them to leave her alone would do a spot of good. Even if they were some deranged Joe fan, if you try to target a troll all they do is come back harder.

Like I said, It's absolutely disgusting all the hate Dianne gets, but she's said herself that she has a thick skin and I'm sure she's dealing with the issue in the way she wants, and maybe that way is to just ignore it all. No matter how much you may dislike him it's not automatically his fault and responsibility to sort out random stupid trolls on the internet.
Added to this I don’t recall Joe belittling Dianne in any way at all in the last 16 months or so. Maybe in the In the Pan days, but I really don’t think there have been any examples since so it doesn’t seem fair to call him out on that.
And I know she calls it her Buswellness ‘corner’ but it is literally a whole room. One that has been knocked through at some time into the living room, but still a whole room. And they are obviously planning works on the house as they have described the DIY as temporary and it wouldn’t surprise me if that included a much bigger studio space.

Reactions: 12
Those super nasty stalky tweets (and probably messages as well) were being dealt with by production at strictly. Someone made them aware that’s how come they all got extra security.

There’s very little you can do about faceless trolls other than constant blocking and reporting. Social media companies are somewhat lacking in ways to combat it. There’s a massive problem with racist trolls abusing premier league footballers every time they lose a match/have a bad game. Even after everything Marcus Rashford has done with his food campaigns he’s still being abused when he misses a goal. Calling them out just doesn’t work.

Assuming they are where we think they are they’re not really that much worse off than they were before looking at travel times. It’s ten minutes(ish) more to elstree (by car) than it was from Joes flat. It’s an hour into central London by train. So they’re not isolated at all. They’ve probably got more house and land for their money Brighton than they would’ve if they’d stayed within Greater London.

Reactions: 8
I know we all slag off J&D at times on here but I think it’s clear that those two absolutely adore each other. They’re protective of one another and 100% would never let the other person be hurt in anyway. I’ve never understood this narrative that a few on here try to paint of Joe being a controlling dick like that’s so not the case, Dianne is his whole world. Not once in the 10 years while Joes been around have I ever seen someone say a bad word about him, like actual people he’s worked with, friends etc not some bleeping randoms on the internet.

This interview with Taj who plays his gf on The Syndicate literally says it all...
ACD518E9-569F-466B-8443-831BEE610BB1.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.