Joe Sugg #5 Dianne Buswell's sex god

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with this. Where in the video did Dianne imply that people should be doing the same as her? If she has young fans who are impressionable then that’s up to their parents to control and decide what their child watches? Felt a bit bad for her yesterday. Some of the minions have turned on joe after the video as well calling him lazy and saying Dianne does everything for him 🤣

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Have created an account purely to add to the conversation about the now-deleted video. I just wanted to explain my views somewhere without being attacked by Dianne stans.

I think it's more complicated than her simply trying to get fitter/lose weight. For me, a lot of the signs that disturbed me weren't what she ate but how she behaved. Lots of talk about calories and actively checking how many she'd burnt cleaning the house. The discussions about grams of sugar etc. The supplements which seemed excessive but also in no way useful for her body. BUT the thing that got me most was the whole not cooking for Joe thing. We can all see that he likes being waited on and that he's lazy, but I also know that an ED is about control and that- by being the one to cook the food- she's completely in charge and knows exactly what she's eating, down to the amount of oil she uses to fry an onion etc. Might sound odd, but it was something I picked up on.

I know Dianne has a lot of energy. I mean, girl is used to dancing 10-12 hours a day and she says she doesn't get tired. I get why she needs to work out and I get that she needs to be conscious of remaining physically fit, but I think the way she's going about it is unhealthy. I know their body types are different, but I can't help but compare her regime to people like Karen Hauer and Gemma Atkinson. Gemma is a vegetarian but supplements her diet with plenty of iron and other good stuff. Dianne's had iron deficiency anaemia before which required a transfusion- I hope this day's food didn't reflect a general trend and that she is getting enough of those minerals, but it worried me to see. Even the fact that she fell asleep editing tells you something. It's unusual and it reflects her previous experiences.

Despite everything, Dianne does have an influence on the people who watch her videos. And some- as we know from the HP sponsored video- are super, super young. Even if they're not actively following her routines, the message she's giving is going to go into their heads somehow and it's unfortunately a very damaging one. We know young girls especially are so susceptible to influencers- hence their name- and I think, therefore, taking the video down for damage limitation was the most sensible choice. People won't necessarily avoid the video with a triggering title because they know they'll be missing out on other content. And because they trust Dianne and hold her up as a role model.

I absolutely adore Dianne and I've been following her for a long time. I think she's a great advocate and that her intentions are pure; sometimes it takes someone else to point out a concern. Unfortunately, a lot of her online fans have a tendency to almost 'love bomb' her when there is anything negative and remain blind to the very valid things people have said on her video. People wouldn't be worried about this if they didn't like her; I don't think some stans have made that link in their heads.

In all honestly, I think Strictly need to do more about the general health of their dancers, especially at the moment. I can remember Alex Scott saying on Kevin Clifton's podcast that she was shocked that the show doesn't have a nutritionist. Dianne's not the only dancer to have lived with an ED and she certainly won't be the last, but the show could certainly do more to protect the physical and psychological health of the dancers.

Anyway, I've got plenty more I could add but I've said enough. Just wanted to put my thoughts in writing somewhere. Sorry it's so long!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Have created an account purely to add to the conversation about the now-deleted video. I just wanted to explain my views somewhere without being attacked by Dianne stans.

I think it's more complicated than her simply trying to get fitter/lose weight. For me, a lot of the signs that disturbed me weren't what she ate but how she behaved. Lots of talk about calories and actively checking how many she'd burnt cleaning the house. The discussions about grams of sugar etc. The supplements which seemed excessive but also in no way useful for her body. BUT the thing that got me most was the whole not cooking for Joe thing. We can all see that he likes being waited on and that he's lazy, but I also know that an ED is about control and that- by being the one to cook the food- she's completely in charge and knows exactly what she's eating, down to the amount of oil she uses to fry an onion etc. Might sound odd, but it was something I picked up on.

I know Dianne has a lot of energy. I mean, girl is used to dancing 10-12 hours a day and she says she doesn't get tired. I get why she needs to work out and I get that she needs to be conscious of remaining physically fit, but I think the way she's going about it is unhealthy. I know their body types are different, but I can't help but compare her regime to people like Karen Hauer and Gemma Atkinson. Gemma is a vegetarian but supplements her diet with plenty of iron and other good stuff. Dianne's had iron deficiency anaemia before which required a transfusion- I hope this day's food didn't reflect a general trend and that she is getting enough of those minerals, but it worried me to see. Even the fact that she fell asleep editing tells you something. It's unusual and it reflects her previous experiences.

Despite everything, Dianne does have an influence on the people who watch her videos. And some- as we know from the HP sponsored video- are super, super young. Even if they're not actively following her routines, the message she's giving is going to go into their heads somehow and it's unfortunately a very damaging one. We know young girls especially are so susceptible to influencers- hence their name- and I think, therefore, taking the video down for damage limitation was the most sensible choice. People won't necessarily avoid the video with a triggering title because they know they'll be missing out on other content. And because they trust Dianne and hold her up as a role model.

I absolutely adore Dianne and I've been following her for a long time. I think she's a great advocate and that her intentions are pure; sometimes it takes someone else to point out a concern. Unfortunately, a lot of her online fans have a tendency to almost 'love bomb' her when there is anything negative and remain blind to the very valid things people have said on her video. People wouldn't be worried about this if they didn't like her; I don't think some stans have made that link in their heads.

In all honestly, I think Strictly need to do more about the general health of their dancers, especially at the moment. I can remember Alex Scott saying on Kevin Clifton's podcast that she was shocked that the show doesn't have a nutritionist. Dianne's not the only dancer to have lived with an ED and she certainly won't be the last, but the show could certainly do more to protect the physical and psychological health of the dancers.

Anyway, I've got plenty more I could add but I've said enough. Just wanted to put my thoughts in writing somewhere. Sorry it's so long!
couldnt agree more, so well put. I forgot about the checking calories burned doing mopping 😬 the lack of insight or self awareness about what she was putting out is worrying too. I really like Dianne and think she means well and has a kind heart, in some ways the backlash/having to take it down could be a good thing to raise awareness for people around her.

Reactions: 6

This is a very different diet plan in comparison to her video as she said she had cut out meat,chicken etc from her diet

Reactions: 4
couldnt agree more, so well put. I forgot about the checking calories burned doing mopping 😬 the lack of insight or self awareness about what she was putting out is worrying too. I really like Dianne and think she means well and has a kind heart, in some ways the backlash/having to take it down could be a good thing to raise awareness for people around her.
It might also give her some self-awareness. Sometimes we all need to look in the mirror to understand what's really going on!

Reactions: 2
This is an old article from last year,I remember reading it when it first came out maybe Oct/Nov?
I wish they could have changed all her spelling mistakes before publishing. "Peanut butter and bandanna" "wholewheat breast". It's annoying and very lazy on their part.

Also, you can tell that was definitely when she was rehearsing for the show or on tour with those lunches!

• Haha
I wish they could have changed all her spelling mistakes before publishing. "Peanut butter and bandanna" "wholewheat breast". It's annoying and very lazy on their part.

Also, you can tell that was definitely when she was rehearsing for the show or on tour with those lunches!
It was during Strictly, hence the large chunk of the day she goes without eating.

Reactions: 4
Does dianne not have her own thread?
Doesn't need one & there would just be so much overlap between a Joe thread & a Dianne thread.

Also anyone see Dianne's new closet video. I'm unsure as what to make of it. She seems mostly genuine, but I got the impression of her also doing a saleswoman pitch & making amends for the eating video disaster. Like she does a far better job at fixing an issue then most YouTubers, who usually let things blow-up, go into hiding for months before doing a an apology video. Dianne has clearly been getting scandal avoidance lessons from Joe.

I see the dcbjgs insta (well, the person running it) has complained about the ThatcherJoe memberships to Action Fraud. Anyone know what's going on there?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Its interesting Joe decides to vlog the day after Dianne had to take her vlog down after people criticised her eating and him being lazy. Operation control back in place

I hope for Dianne’s sake that she doesn’t shy away from getting help or talking to a psychologist or therapist about what she’s going through right now, eating disorders or depression and anxiety is are no joke and hard to fight on your own. She’s in lock down with Joe 24/7, it can’t be easy. I nearly lost a friend due to her binge eating disorder and those red flags are all there, as a previous poster pointed out so well. Hope her friends saw the video and check on her, even from far away.

Last edited:
Why does that witch Zoella never like any of Dianne’s photos? Who the duck does she think she is, Dianne has more talent and work ethic than that lazy arse could ever hope of having!

Reactions: 14
Why does that witch Zoella never like any of Dianne’s photos? Who the duck does she think she is, Dianne has more talent and work ethic than that lazy arse could ever hope of having!
Because of jealousy

Dianne is so hard-working, talented and funny. I really wish for her that she lets go of the Suggs. They will just use her for fame and money

Well there is the fact Alfie, Zoe's bf of 5+years drools over Dianne every time she is around & that Joe is now the most famous Sugg & Hello have an article on Dianne ever other day. Zoe is most likely sitting in her mansion fuming at how liked Dianne is.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.