Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

titchyfi

Have created an account purely to add to the conversation about the now-deleted video. I just wanted to explain my views somewhere without being attacked by Dianne stans.

I think it's more complicated than her simply trying to get fitter/lose weight. For me, a lot of the signs that disturbed me weren't what she ate but how she behaved. Lots of talk about calories and actively checking how many she'd burnt cleaning the house. The discussions about grams of sugar etc. The supplements which seemed excessive but also in no way useful for her body. BUT the thing that got me most was the whole not cooking for Joe thing. We can all see that he likes being waited on and that he's lazy, but I also know that an ED is about control and that- by being the one to cook the food- she's completely in charge and knows exactly what she's eating, down to the amount of oil she uses to fry an onion etc. Might sound odd, but it was something I picked up on.

I know Dianne has a lot of energy. I mean, girl is used to dancing 10-12 hours a day and she says she doesn't get tired. I get why she needs to work out and I get that she needs to be conscious of remaining physically fit, but I think the way she's going about it is unhealthy. I know their body types are different, but I can't help but compare her regime to people like Karen Hauer and Gemma Atkinson. Gemma is a vegetarian but supplements her diet with plenty of iron and other good stuff. Dianne's had iron deficiency anaemia before which required a transfusion- I hope this day's food didn't reflect a general trend and that she is getting enough of those minerals, but it worried me to see. Even the fact that she fell asleep editing tells you something. It's unusual and it reflects her previous experiences.

Despite everything, Dianne does have an influence on the people who watch her videos. And some- as we know from the HP sponsored video- are super, super young. Even if they're not actively following her routines, the message she's giving is going to go into their heads somehow and it's unfortunately a very damaging one. We know young girls especially are so susceptible to influencers- hence their name- and I think, therefore, taking the video down for damage limitation was the most sensible choice. People won't necessarily avoid the video with a triggering title because they know they'll be missing out on other content. And because they trust Dianne and hold her up as a role model.

I absolutely adore Dianne and I've been following her for a long time. I think she's a great advocate and that her intentions are pure; sometimes it takes someone else to point out a concern. Unfortunately, a lot of her online fans have a tendency to almost 'love bomb' her when there is anything negative and remain blind to the very valid things people have said on her video. People wouldn't be worried about this if they didn't like her; I don't think some stans have made that link in their heads.

In all honestly, I think Strictly need to do more about the general health of their dancers, especially at the moment. I can remember Alex Scott saying on Kevin Clifton's podcast that she was shocked that the show doesn't have a nutritionist. Dianne's not the only dancer to have lived with an ED and she certainly won't be the last, but the show could certainly do more to protect the physical and psychological health of the dancers.

Anyway, I've got plenty more I could add but I've said enough. Just wanted to put my thoughts in writing somewhere. Sorry it's so long!

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Wowwwwwwwww

VIP Member
In one of the live videos she’s been doing she says “I’ll have to go, I need to cook Joe his dinner. He’s a growing boy, he needs his din dins” 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Dianne should definitely be in the title seeing as most of this thread has been about her anyway. Actually, as it often feels like I'm reading a Dianne rave thread, how about:

Joe and Dianne #6: One man's trash thread is another woman's rave thread 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19

juan2411

Does anyone else think Dianne has lost so so so much weight in the past few months now she’s not as toned as she was. She was already tiny now she’s gone even smaller
She actually has a decent amount of muscle. She is just a very thin person naturally. You can see this when you look at her joints, very slender.

She has looked tired recently, but jet lag, a busy schedule and then the loss of a loved one can do that to you.

Honestly most people worrying about her body and so on here... She is in far better shape than 99% of the population.

Reactions: 17

invisibleotter

Chatty Member
I liked his excuses and that he laughed at himself as it was ridiculous. I'm finding myself becoming a Dianne fan with her work ethic and uploads. She just seems so genuine but what an awful collection of jackets she has.
Her fashion sense is God awful, that's for sure. But I do find it refreshing that she encourages her teen fans to go to charity shops & buy off the sale rail. I did like it where she said she doesn't look designer, but at the price & if it's too expensive she doesn't buy. I think it really shows how new she is too YT, as the majority of them are doing huge hauls or being sponsored by high priced designer labels.

She has a fuck ton of clothes & until I watched her video, I thought it she was getting like Zalfie & how they have so much stuff they get free, use once & then put it in storage & are still looking for more free clothes. But honestly appeared that Dianne has had some of her clothes a long time, that when buying something expensive she actually put thought into it & doesn't just friviously spent it. It's clear she knows the value of money & of hard work.

Reactions: 17

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
He seemed to at one point get better but Joe's still a massive cock with Dianne and will make her the butt of his jokes by pointing out her dyslexia or some minor transgression like leaving a cupboard door open. He's still fond of boasting he's just about to shag her too in his vlogs. He's so weirdly insecure about everything that he needs to put someone else down to make himself feel and look good.

Personally I'm blaming a tiny knob

• Haha
Reactions: 15

bibbarubes

13E51A3F-EFE2-4C4B-8FBA-F67777EEE91C.jpeg
oh god he’s gonna milk his whole “star baker” thing like he did for coming second on strictly

• Haha
  • Wow

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
What an absolute beg. All the influencers who are like ‘does anyone know where I can buy...’

firstly your job is the internet. Google it.
Secondly, clue, amazon sell everything
Thirdly. You’re millionaires. Pay

wonder how many Influencers ‘work in return for exposure’

wonder if joe did strictly for free because of the platform it would give him via exposure afterwards? And because he got to nick some other blokes girlfriend. (still amazed those two got away with that when anyone else it’s all over the papers)

lilblinder

I think she has really low self esteem, which is so sad because she could do so much better than joe. she's really attractive and kind/talented whilst Joe is is a controlling narcissist who believes he's more talented than he is (symptomatic of the whole youtube generation) she seems so worried about her skin/weight/exercise/intellect etc and all we ever see is him taking jabs at her. he's toxic. the only nice things he ever does are for videos/insta etc knob
Low self esteem ??? Dianne Buswell !!!! she's a confident thirty something woman with a ton of life experience and my god does she know how to work a camera, she's very aware of own sexuality she knows most men watching strictly adore her and always gives them a wink to camera this girl is no wallflower imo in fact I don't think you could be a professional competitive dancer and not believe in yourself that world has no place for shyness and low esteem .

Mums84

VIP Member
She has regressed from a strong confident 30 year old dancer who has travelled the world and knows how to use her body hasn't she? Fake glasses and toddler rainbow t-shirt?! I think its cos I like the adult dancer Dianne of yesteryear. Is it Joe pushing this or is it the 30 year old ambitious woman who knows what Joe wants in a woman and is morphing into it to get her ring, increased profile and UK citizenship.
Currently I look at them and see a pair of 18 year old first year uni students in halls. I can even smell their dirty dishes through the screen and the garlic!

Reactions: 14

Louise123

VIP Member
Why does that bitch Zoella never like any of Dianne’s photos? Who the fuck does she think she is, Dianne has more talent and work ethic than that lazy arse could ever hope of having!

Charlie-dog

VIP Member
I think it is not a balanced relationship. She does far more for him than he ever does for her. She mothers him and he has totally forgotten he was single for years and is lucky to have someone so caring.