Joe Sugg #4 Dianne Buswell's boyfriend (strictly tragic)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean your life doesn’t stop because of a tragic event. It is after all his job and source of income.
Maybe not, however for him to pass when they were laughing and joking with him on Christmas Day just a few days earlier is going to be really tough and I feel for Dianne and her family at this time. He could have just stayed off socials for one day and promote the vlog tomorrow. Yes it's only a small thing but it's just in good taste and if the roles were reversed I'm not too sure that Joe would be very happy. That being said, Dianne did post fairly soon after so maybe it's something she is more comfortable with.

Reactions: 7
You’d have
Totally agree with that, Dianne doesn't get to see her family often cause they live the other side of the world, but it's clear that she is in regular contact with them all & has worked hard to keep a good relationship with her parents, siblings, cousins & grandparents, even though she is so far away. Joe & Zoe just need to hop on a train for a few hours, but even that's too much Joe sees his family every few months , Zoe is worse & only sees them at Xmas.

Did anyone see what Joe just posted to insta, I do t know if he is trying to be supportive, but it seems more insensitive to him & like he is trying to tease an hint at a upcoming proposal. Can he not take a day off from selling the "Joanne brand"

View attachment 67031
You’d have thought he might mention the grandad and how he had the pleasure of meeting him or something. Joe has gone so far down in my books this last year

I mean your life doesn’t stop because of a tragic event. It is after all his job and source of income.
He’s a multimillionaire he can take a day off. Manages to take enough days off when it suits him

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The minions are basically stalking the family & one of her cousins posted a story about 2am UK time, Joe's story came about an hour after, so he definetly knew about it. Which is extremely insensitive, like posting to get a few extra views when your partner is grieving is bad even by Joe standards.

The minions are also making edits, tagging family in pictures & even going as far as changing profile pics
View attachment 67026

Yeah, I thought she was very distant since arriving in Australia. I thought something happened on the plane or when they where getting their luggage, as she was fine and acting like her normal over excitable self, up until they where waiting for her brother to pick them up.

It could have been her granda, she was also sick with a bad sore throat & lost her voice & was still up and about taking Joe all over WA to go on runs, bike rides & general workouts. There just seems to be far more to her distance than her granda, something else is definetly brewing under the surface between her & Joe & he seems completely oblivious to it.
Goodness me, maybe she was just tired from the flight and has been poorly? Think you are reading way to much into it

Her grandad died suddenly didn’t he they was together on Christmas Day?
I thought it seemed very sudden however from their reactions I don't think they were overwhelmingly shocked perhaps they knew it was coming and so kept him at home for Christmas??? He is quite old although in the videos she has posted he didn't seem too ill? Either way it's really terrible to happen around Christmas time although I think it's good Dianne is in Oz.

Reactions: 4
Totally agree with that, Dianne doesn't get to see her family often cause they live the other side of the world, but it's clear that she is in regular contact with them all & has worked hard to keep a good relationship with her parents, siblings, cousins & grandparents, even though she is so far away. Joe & Zoe just need to hop on a train for a few hours, but even that's too much Joe sees his family every few months , Zoe is worse & only sees them at Xmas.

Did anyone see what Joe just posted to insta, I do t know if he is trying to be supportive, but it seems more insensitive to him & like he is trying to tease an hint at a upcoming proposal. Can he not take a day off from selling the "Joanne brand"

View attachment 67031
Not teasing a proposal...where they are from, it is quite a common way to speak or phrase things.

Reactions: 3
Hm, okay, didn't see that. I was going off their timestamps and the fact that there was only about an hour between Diane and Joe's stories. But it is indeed weird how he keeps posting like nothing's happened.
Hope they'll stay there long enough for the funeral.
Maybe the posts were scheduled?

Reactions: 6
That Phill thing was from a video she's ago, the minions saw that Dianne's phone screen had Joe listed as Joe/Phill. So of course they used their investigative skills & looked up the meaning of Phill in the urban dictionary, to which it stated Phill was slang for sex God.

Once they found this out they were having a meltdown on Twitter at the time & now clearly they have gone to the bother of adding a new meaning to urban dictionary "Dianne Buswell's Sex God".
Wo0uld be my vote for the3 next thread titlle.. :D (y)

He definetly knew, they seem like a very close knit family & all live quite close by. If her cousin posted an insta or whatever, he probably does an hour or 2 prior to this & from Twitter I get the sense the younger family member posted similar things to their fbd, instead, twitters etc. So going by that, the whole familyincluding Dianne would have been informed. I find it insensitive he did it too, but what else can we expect from Zoella's brother. Like he will say it's his job, but his Australian vlogs are getting more views than any of his videos in a long time & the clickbait title & thumbnail of the last vlog, he doesn't need to post about it.

Does anyone kno w how long it takes for funeral arrangements in Aus. I know in Ireland, funerals are held around 3 days after the death, unless there is unusual circumstances & family from abroad can't get back in this time. But I have heard that the in the UK funerals can be like 2 weeks after death & people go back to work in the interim. Wonder if this will affect Dianne going on the Stricy tour, don't they start rehearsals on the 6th? I sort of hope she stays in Aus longer & sends Joe back to the UK for his "work". Being with her family may knock some sense into her & she will dump his ass.
Your estimate for UK funeral times is correct.

However, wrt Western Australia, I think there are 2 factors which might shorten this time:: 1) Bunbury is the third largest town in WA, but small by European standards, so a funeral within a week is by no means impossible, and 2) the very fact that DB is present and needs to fly off may help a faster timing.

Unlike you to be so metronomic. Sugg is between a rock and a hard place:: I don't know when the pair were due to fly back, but it is clear he should be around with DB. Only DB has the excuse to fly back early for Live tour rehearsals which presumably start on the 6th, as the: Live tour goes out on the 19th. But this time, she is only a backing dancer, so she could lose a couple of days. Obviously Joe will shadow DB, bcs he has nothing else to fly back for. He has already demo'd he can make cash from Dominbos #ADs while in Oz. Simples.. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
I hope being with her family and the loss of her grandfather makes Dianne take a good look at her relationship with Joe. I know we only see a little bit of their lives and I used to be a big fan of them as a couple but recently I've thought his attitude to her stinks and she could do sooooo much better. He went to call her stupid again in a recent blog after she dropped the kettle and then acted like a complete t#@t about her driving when she said in another blog she passed her test first time and has been driving for years. It made me so cross! She comes across as a nice woman with a nice family. I've noticed too that she has lost weight and covers herself up a lot now whereas in older Instagram pics she had curves and had them on show. Is Joe controlling her clothing choices? I'm a bit older than her and get the panic of wanting to settle down and have kids but I can see Joe stringing her along, making money out of their relationship and taking away her sparkle. Ugh I'm a long term lurker and joined just to get that off my chest as I do just want to shout at her to RUN.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I hope being with her family and the loss of her grandfather makes Dianne take a good look at her relationship with Joe. I know we only see a little bit of their lives and I used to be a big fan of them as a couple but recently I've thought his attitude to her stinks and she could do sooooo much better. He went to call her stupid again in a recent blog after she dropped the kettle and then acted like a complete t#@t about her driving when she said in another blog she passed her test first time and has been driving for years. It made me so cross! She comes across as a nice woman with a nice family. I've noticed too that she has lost weight and covers herself up a lot now whereas in older Instagram pics she had curves and had them on show. Is Joe controlling her clothing choices? I'm a bit older than her and get the panic of wanting to settle down and have kids but I can see Joe stringing her along, making money out of their relationship and taking away her sparkle. Ugh I'm a long term lurker and joined just to get that off my chest as I do just want to shout at her to RUN.
The problem is re the whole controlling thing is undoubtedly Joe is a bastard to Dianne in his vlogs and in the pan videos, it's honestly insulting that he talks to a 30 yr old woman like that, however in Dianne's vlogs he isn't nearly as demeaning or horrible because she is in control of the camera. So I don't actually know how much of the time Joe is being a dick and how much he just fluffs his ego on camera. That being said, he must be being a dick to her sometimes behind the scenes-I can't imagine it's all to do with the camera.

Reactions: 8
The problem is re the whole controlling thing is undoubtedly Joe is a bastard to Dianne in his vlogs and in the pan videos, it's honestly insulting that he talks to a 30 yr old woman like that, however in Dianne's vlogs he isn't nearly as demeaning or horrible because she is in control of the camera. So I don't actually know how much of the time Joe is being a dick and how much he just fluffs his ego on camera. That being said, he must be being a dick to her sometimes behind the scenes-I can't imagine it's all to do with the camera.
It's hard to know what goes on behind the scenes, but I would say he started off being the humble thatcher & that's why she fell for him and he uses this persona whenever he goes to far with the insults & the jokes at Dianne's expense. At first I thought it was just for the camera, but the more that he shows in vlogs & mostly from insta stories of other people who are around them, I get the impression Joe is far more of a dick than he is a nice guy. But that is just what I think. He could be a loving, kind guy off camera, but I highly doubt it.

Reactions: 9
It's hard to know what goes on behind the scenes, but I would say he started off being the humble thatcher & that's why she fell for him and he uses this persona whenever he goes to far with the insults & the jokes at Dianne's expense. At first I thought it was just for the camera, but the more that he shows in vlogs & mostly from insta stories of other people who are around them, I get the impression Joe is far more of a dick than he is a nice guy. But that is just what I think. He could be a loving, kind guy off camera, but I highly doubt it.
What did he get her for Christmas?

there was one video a tik too I think and he was actually going on as if he was the better dancer because he remembered the moves(she’d had other tours since then whilst he clung to his strictly tether) never know a ‘celeb’ cling to strictly the way he has even ones in long term relationships from it

What did he get her for Christmas?

there was one video a tik too I think and he was actually going on as if he was the better dancer because he remembered the moves(she’d had other tours since then whilst he clung to his strictly tether) never know a ‘celeb’ cling to strictly the way he has even ones in long term relationships from it
He got her some sort of set to practise how do stitches, as in medical stutcher stitches. He got her a new vlog camera and a holder for it & a set which makes her a lady, they are like £20. Oh and then bizarrely a cardboard kids igloo & rocket to build. I don't get it.

She got him 4 if his shirts from Strictly, which where being sold off and she bought him a new pair of beats while in the airport.

He also wrapped up #gifted items, but I think that was just cause he was short of content.

Reactions: 6
Just playing devils advocate here, but am I the only one who see's that Dianne gives it back to him?

Lots of poking at his appearance, jokes about him and forcing him to exercise (which is good for him tbh) and so on. Joe's vlogs are proof of his ego, but no way is it all his way in the relationship. No way that lazy son of a gun would be out running and so on if it was all his way.

Reactions: 12
Just playing devils advocate here, but am I the only one who see's that Dianne gives it back to him?

Lots of poking at his appearance, jokes about him and forcing him to exercise (which is good for him tbh) and so on. Joe's vlogs are proof of his ego, but no way is it all his way in the relationship. No way that lazy son of a gun would be out running and so on if it was all his way.
She tries to give it back, I think the difference between her & Joe is that Joe's insults tend to get quite targeted and personal to the point where it's not funny, Dianne's tend to be a one liner in response to something said. Joe also makes some pretty mean comments about her in vlogs & she doesn't even be there.

Neither are faultless in the relationship & both disrespect the other, but for me the big difference is what Joe says has affected her, to the point where she comments that she's not smart enough or something along those lines. She ain't bright, but the fact she puts herself down ain't right.

Dianne also bigs up Joe's ego far more than she responds with insults. She is forever going on about how proud she is of him in vlogs & how amazing he is. Joe just has to scratch his arse and she posts about it like he found the cure to cancer. While Joe actually tries to put her down & belittle her when she teaches him how to dance, as though she doesn't have years of experience in the field.

As for the excercising, I don't think she forces him, I think it's more like I'm going do you want to come, & I think Joe is more afraid that she will meet a guy who is hot & not a complete ass like himself, that he makes himself go just to keep an eye on her. TBH he needs the excercise, he should probably work on his core strength for their tour, as he was barely able to lift her at the end of the Strictly special.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Does anyone kno w how long it takes for funeral arrangements in Aus. I know in Ireland, funerals are held around 3 days after the death, unless there is unusual circumstances & family from abroad can't get back in this time. But I have heard that the in the UK funerals can be like 2 weeks after death & people go back to work in the interim. Wonder if this will affect Dianne going on the Stricy tour, don't they start rehearsals on the 6th? I sort of hope she stays in Aus longer & sends Joe back to the UK for his "work". Being with her family may knock some sense into her & she will dump his ass.
It really depends, could be a few days could be a week or two. Given most of the family seems to be in that corner of WA, it'll probably be sooner rather than later. Although as it's Christmas/New Year it might be a bit longer depending on the funeral home.
The minions changing their profile pictures for a man who they've seen once in Dianne's vlogs have got to grow up. I feel for Dianne, it's a tough situation to be in. She must be so conflicted, does she stay with her family a little longer to mourn and have that safety net - risking her job in the UK - or go back to work and grieve alone. I hope she and all her family are doing okay.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.