Joe Sugg #4 Dianne Buswell's boyfriend (strictly tragic)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He looks like he's in a nursery play and he can see mommy recording him in the audience 😂
It’s just so miles apart from Blake. I know he’s not as trained and each person makes the character their own but he just looks awkward like he doesn’t know where to put his hands

Reactions: 4
Someone calling out this whole spiel:-

Fair comment? In the best of all worlds,. the reviewer should have watched the show to confirm that his bias is correct.

On the other hand, watching the usual influencer approach to life in the vid below, where the fripperies are more important than the product, opening the cards/admiring the flowers/ filming the room/ talking about the 45 year old woman with 2 dogs/filming the one fan at the theatre door while ignoring the whole performance product... for my money, this is so sales based. Believe in the illusion, forget how the product performs, or how much it costs.

The problem for this influencer is: he is now the product. So there is no more cheap jokes, or flying off to subsidised destinations: This is where reality may start to bite

Reactions: 3

Fair comment? In the best of all worlds,. the reviewer should have watched the show to confirm that his bias is correct.

On the other hand, watching the usual influencer approach to life in the vid below, where the fripperies are more important than the product, opening the cards/admiring the flowers/ filming the room/ talking about the 45 year old woman with 2 dogs/filming the one fan at the theatre door while ignoring the whole performance product... for my money, this is so sales based. Believe in the illusion, forget how the product performs, or how much it costs.

The problem for this influencer is: he is now the product. So there is no more cheap jokes, or flying off to subsidised destinations: This is where reality may start to bite

I agree with the reviewer in the first video. Very critical and harsh (harsh to some, perhaps, straight talking and to the point as far as I’m concerned)... what I like 😍😇🤣 But also never a more true word spoken. He seems to know what he is talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Someone please tell this guy that being on strictly is not a personality trait? Cannot handle seeing one more do we still know XYZ dance.

Let it go Joe, you didn't even win.

Reactions: 13

Just watched this. He looks like an audience member on stage and a bit awkward to me???

Watch to the end where he’s still on stage waving when everyone else has left.
Can't even clap in time with the others. It's so awkward.

Audition wise he definitely didn't win this role having gone through a usual audition process with multiple callbacks. He will have been approached after some consideration about who could possibly help put bums on seats and help the show stay open a bit longer. And who is considered a similar character or portrays a similar character in their real life. Was invited to see the show. Sent clips etc and asked to read for the part both acting and singing to make sure he could take direction well enough and to at least imitate what others had done with the role. And then been offered the role. Which fair enough to him for accepting it. Him being allowed to vlog the audition says plenty and knowing that would bring even more publicity, which they so needed.

It was bad form of Waitress though to make such big deal of Joe joining the cast and not mentioning other cast members who joined the show on that day too.

Agreed, it is laughable that someone who refuses to review Joe's performance is damning him for accepting the role. Fair enough, criticise producers for stunt casting but do not blame someone who has shown a genuine interest in taking a new path for taking an opportunity....and bringing up the fact that he is a multi millionaire and doesn't need the money, Joe can't win. He gets accused of sitting at home doing nothing but he has obviously been putting a lot of time, effort and training into this role and is doing eight shows per week. (on a side note, all those weeks where posters on here were commenting on him sitting at home doing nothing while Dianne was out working? Just shows you should never base an opinion on the snippets we see on vlogs and Instagram)

I do wonder what you expect him to put in his vlog though? He can hardly start documenting the pay scales of all of the actors in the cast to show how his compares or live streaming the performances?

Reactions: 2
Dianne saw Joe performing yesterday, she posted on her Instagram, and the one thing that stuck out for me was that she said she was dancing and singing in her seat. It just proves that these people have no idea of how to behave at the theatre. It isn't a concert. I adore theatre and would be so annoyed if someone couldn't sit still/shut up if I had paid good money to see a show.

Double post but in Dianne's post at radio 1, why does it look like Dev has some of her hair wrapped around his fingers...?

Reactions: 6
Dianne saw Joe performing yesterday, she posted on her Instagram, and the one thing that stuck out for me was that she said she was dancing and singing in her seat. It just proves that these people have no idea of how to behave at the theatre. It isn't a concert. I adore theatre and would be so annoyed if someone couldn't sit still/shut up if I had paid good money to see a show.

Double post but in Dianne's post at radio 1, why does it look like Dev has some of her hair wrapped around his fingers...?
You'd think she'd know performing herself, but maybe she likes active crowds.

I wouldn't look into the hair thing so much, when you've got a lot of it and extensions some will come out, especially when doing something like dancing.

Reactions: 1
I saw him in the show last night and I was actually pleasantly surprised. I generally loathe stunt casting in theatreland, I’d booked these tickets before his announcement, but I really enjoyed his portrayal of Ogie, he threw everything he had into it. I didn’t think his singing was the strongest but his characterisation was on point, he got some of the loudest laughs and reactions of the night (and it wasn’t an audience full of fangirls either!).

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Joe's first week average 1157 per show, Wednesday Matinee was the lowest 876 while Saturday evening was the highest 1334. Will ask again in a few weeks to see if the numbers change. The Adelphi holds 1524. Seats can now be purchased for £19.50 so that may have helped the numbers.

Agreed, it is laughable that someone who refuses to review Joe's performance is damning him for accepting the role. Fair enough, criticise producers for stunt casting but do not blame someone who has shown a genuine interest in taking a new path for taking an opportunity....and bringing up the fact that he is a multi millionaire and doesn't need the money, Joe can't win. He gets accused of sitting at home doing nothing but he has obviously been putting a lot of time, effort and training into this role and is doing eight shows per week. (on a side note, all those weeks where posters on here were commenting on him sitting at home doing nothing while Dianne was out working? Just shows you should never base an opinion on the snippets we see on vlogs and Instagram)
I have always thought Sugg's vids were heavily edited, although they do sometimes betray trends, confirmed by vids from others like DB, or Zalfie.

You will have to decide why it is that JS chooses to portray himself as often being ostensibly idle I don't think he is going to say so, but I suspect he is the position of out of work entertainer, waiting at the end of the phone for an opportunity. Equally, however, he is not particualry self-motivated when it comes to housework and maintenance

I do wonder what you expect him to put in his vlog though? He can hardly start documenting the pay scales of all of the actors in the cast to show how his compares or live streaming the performances?
Anything other than reading out cards from a 45 year old woman with 2 dogs, frankly. We've been through that one before in the Nottingham stage of the Live tour. One of the interesting things about his vlogs last autumn was his behind the scenes training. If has cannot reproduce that for the stage, then he should vlog something else. I dont need to see chox, flowers or application of hairspray.

Reactions: 1
I saw him in the show last night and I was actually pleasantly surprised. I generally loathe stunt casting in theatreland, I’d booked these tickets before his announcement, but I really enjoyed his portrayal of Ogie, he threw everything he had into it. I didn’t think his singing was the strongest but his characterisation was on point, he got some of the loudest laughs and reactions of the night (and it wasn’t an audience full of fangirls either!).
Does he have any other facial expressions bar that one awful one in all the promo pics?

• Haha
Does he have any other facial expressions bar that one awful one in all the promo pics?
Hahaha 😂 he does, almost a little TOO many if anything, verging on gurning at times! He really hams it up in every way (lines/face/body language) which sounds cringey on paper but it really works for the character (you’ll understand what I mean by that if you know the show!) but if he’s hoping to carve out a future in the West End I cant see him taking on more nuanced roles without a LOT of training.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
According to a members live stream he did at 11 o clock at night (madness!), Joe said he doesn't want to miss a single Waitress show which fair play if he does, we'll see. Found the link from the minions. Even they weren't stupid enough to become a member .

According to a members live stream he did at 11 o clock at night (madness!), Joe said he doesn't want to miss a single Waitress show which fair play if he does, we'll see. Found the link from the minions. Even they weren't stupid enough to become a member .
Joe also said he do
1. Xmas special series of in the pan before Xmas
2. More Mr and Mrs videos
3. He'd film the rest of his Strictly dances, as he only has up to the foxtrot done
4. He'd do another drunk mine craft video
5. He'd a members live stream every week
6. Oh and he would keep putting out 4 videos a week.

He also has the Strictly podcast starting next week which 2 episodes a week, once which is recorded on Friday mornings the other, which is recorded throughout the week, which will have him do different jobs around Elstree and going to some of the rehearsals.

Yeah I'll believe Joe will do all the waitress performances and do everything else he said when I see it.

Here's the link to the live stream, courtesy of one the Twitter minions:

Joe also said he do
1. Xmas special series of in the pan before Xmas
2. More Mr and Mrs videos
3. He'd film the rest of his Strictly dances, as he only has up to the foxtrot done
4. He'd do another drunk mine craft video
5. He'd a members live stream every week
6. Oh and he would keep putting out 4 videos a week.

He also has the Strictly podcast starting next week which 2 episodes a week, once which is recorded on Friday mornings the other, which is recorded throughout the week, which will have him do different jobs around Elstree and going to some of the rehearsals.

Yeah I'll believe Joe will do all the waitress performances and do everything else he said when I see it.

Here's the link to the live stream, courtesy of one the Twitter minions:
Love how getting pissed and playing mine craft is on his career to do list 😂
One word Joe - overexposure .

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Did anyone see the Show on Saturday night looking back on Strictly. Joe and Dianne have been living together for almost a year, even made a video making it offical. Yet on the show on Saturday night both tried to still make out they weren't dating and Dianne said they were just friends living together.
Why after all this time are still trying to hide it, is it really all just a business thing, I know people say they look deeply in love on Instagram and in Vlogs, but we only see a small portion of their day to life. So really wouldn't be that hard for them to put on act for like an 1hr a day/As surely after all this time with the nation/world already knowing and so much support you'd be fine/happy just saying you'd found love on strictly and was dating/living together.

• Sick
Did anyone see the Show on Saturday night looking back on Strictly. Joe and Dianne have been living together for almost a year, even made a video making it offical. Yet on the show on Saturday night both tried to still make out they weren't dating and Dianne said they were just friends living together.
Why after all this time are still trying to hide it, is it really all just a business thing, I know people say they look deeply in love on Instagram and in Vlogs, but we only see a small portion of their day to life. So really wouldn't be that hard for them to put on act for like an 1hr a day/As surely after all this time with the nation/world already knowing and so much support you'd be fine/happy just saying you'd found love on strictly and was dating/living together.
Their interpretation of the relationship is like something off Jackanory 😴😴😴. Unbelievable😂😂😂😂

• Heart
They were joking.

They were joking.
I get they were joking it's more fact that every time someone asks them about they have to act teens trying hide a first relationship from parents and friends, I just find that strange from two 30 year olds.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.