Joe Sugg #3 Joanne the scammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iā€™m sorry but I donā€™t think Dianne should be seen as this poor little patronized girl used by Joe. She obviously likes being treated like a child and looooves attention, for one you could see it in one of the older videos when she tried to go into the sea in winter and Joe was acting like sheā€™s 4, worried and coming to go get her, and she always does this - when they were in Greece and she was sitting on a narrow dangerously high wall and smiling when he showed concern. She never once said Iā€™m a 30 year old woman I can take care of myself, she just loves the attention no matter how weird.

Also, saying itā€™s not her fault she has deficiencies in spelling and lack of knowledge, I agree she canā€™t help being dyslexic, but her lack of knowledge has nothing to do with it. It shocks me that she has not at least heard of Julius Caesar. Iā€™m not saying she has to spell out his military campaigns, but to never have heard of one of the biggest historical figures is, to me, just plain ignorance. Sure, she has a broad knowledge of dancing which is great, but I feel like sheā€™s so out of touch with everything else itā€™s baffling. Also remember sheā€™s never heard of Gollum before (which many people know about even without ever watching the films) or the word consummate (my first language isnā€™t English and I knew it). You might say thatā€™s nitpicky but Iā€™m sure there was more which I canā€™t think of right now. However, Iā€™m by no means saying she has to know everything, but the minimal awareness of the world she lives in would do.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Iā€™m sorry but I donā€™t think Dianne should be seen as this poor little patronized girl used by Joe. She obviously likes being treated like a child and looooves attention, for one you could see it in one of the older videos when she tried to go into the sea in winter and Joe was acting like sheā€™s 4, worried and coming to go get her, and she always does this - when they were in Greece and she was sitting on a narrow dangerously high wall and smiling when he showed concern. She never once said Iā€™m a 30 year old woman I can take care of myself, she just loves the attention no matter how weird.

Also, saying itā€™s not her fault she has deficiencies in spelling and lack of knowledge, I agree she canā€™t help being dyslexic, but her lack of knowledge has nothing to do with it. It shocks me that she has not at least heard of Julius Caesar. Iā€™m not saying she has to spell out his military campaigns, but to never have heard of one of the biggest historical figures is, to me, just plain ignorance. Sure, she has a broad knowledge of dancing which is great, but I feel like sheā€™s so out of touch with everything else itā€™s baffling. Also remember sheā€™s never heard of Gollum before (which many people know about even without ever watching the films) or the word consummate (my first language isnā€™t English and I knew it). You might say thatā€™s nitpicky but Iā€™m sure there was more which I canā€™t think of right now. However, Iā€™m by no means saying she has to know everything, but the minimal awareness of the world she lives in would do.
Sheā€™s thick but streetsmart. I donā€™t think she cares about that though as sheā€™s good at what she needs to be good at which is dance, shows, business (debatable) but sheā€™s pretty successful.

Look at the Geordie shore and towie lot, most are hugely successful but thick as tit. Not saying itā€™s not pretty ignorant to be that way, but tons of people seem to cash in on this dumbing themselves down tit in this era

Reactions: 6

Yeah, I agree Dianne is not some innocent girl, she is well capable of looking after herself, considering she owned her own hair salon at 19, she has been travelling the world for 10 years and has made a career for herself in an extremely difficult industry. But that doesn't mean it's okay for Joe to treat her the way he does, it's not about how he babies her, it's about how patronising he is, the fact he constantly films when she just looks plain exhausted. The fact he has been sitting on his arse all day and she has been out working in a physically demanding job and yet she is cooking him dinner and doing the cleaning.

As for her ignorance, she's as ditsy as they come, her lack of vocabulary probably stems from the dyslexia, as she struggled with words & reading, she probably never attempted to improve her vocabulary. Some people with dyslexia have worked extremely hard to broaden their vocabulary, bit she clearly had no interest in it. As for not knowing Julius Caeser, I think that was more to do with how Caeser was spelt and that she struggled reading reading it, so made a joke she never heard of him, but she may not have, considering she left school at 14/15 and probably always struggled in school and had extra lessons in reading when things like history and geography where bring thought. But then again, she probably doesn't actually care about things like history, cause it doesn't effect her life, how she earns a living etc.

Reactions: 5
I do agree with both of you, she has the street smarts and is pretty damn good at what she does. I guess I just canā€™t make peace with the fact that thatā€™s what the worldā€™s come to, that thickness is either a quirky act to put on or something that other people watch and enjoy.
I get that she doesnā€™t care about history because it doesnā€™t affect her life, but general knowledge and at least some basics of it should matter either way.

And oh no, Iā€™m by no means defending Joe. I can appreciate that Dianneā€™s a successful person whoā€™s worked hard towards achieving her goals. The same cannot be said for Joe and he should be the last person to belittle her and use her as he does. Seems to me heā€™s still living in the world where he thinks women should cook, clean and raise children and Iā€™m disgusted

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
On the issue of Julius Caesar, this link for 2 History PDFs for the Australian curriculum may assist.

Given Australia's place on the globe and its relatively recent written history, it is not altogether surprising that the Romans do not figure as highly as they would for a British history curriculum, and has to compete with knowledge of other civilisations. When I look back on my own high school education, I knew nothing about the history of Japan (other than WWII related) and my knowledge of Australia was confined to geography. I'm pretty sure anythingh I knew about Captain Cook was from library books and a brief foray into stamp collecting. ,

DB left school at 14, and her general level of academic attainment seems low, I highly doubt she learnt Latin or read Shakespeare, so her ignorance of Julius Caesar is not as remarkable as it might be if she were educated in UK She does not give the impression of one who might learn by reading in her spare time. Having said that, it would come as no surprise if there were a similar level of ignorance about Julius Caesar among British youth of equivalent academic abilities (or lack thereof)

Reactions: 4
I work in the Theatre with various producers, I have nothing to do with this production but have heard it is in trouble. Its a matter of stunt casting or closure, putting many people out of work, if Joe doesn't manage to increase the revenue it will close early.

I do find this kind of casting distasteful but needs must, I don't think he would have been cast if Ashley hadn't first and he does seem to have rabid fans which may make him a bigger draw than she was. Unfortunately names in musical theatre that would draw a few weeks of good sales really wouldn't join this production.
Yeah, I dunno about this... Ashley was in the Pussycat Dolls so has a music background, appeared on a few ā€œactorā€ style things with Keith Lemon maybe more.

Reactions: 1
Yeah, I dunno about this... Ashley was in the Pussycat Dolls so has a music background, appeared on a few ā€œactorā€ style things with Keith Lemon maybe more.
She was also danced trained wasnā€™t she? Which is why people didnā€™t like her being on strictly ?

Joe seems to think him training for strictly for months now means heā€™s a trained dancer šŸ™„

• Sick
Reactions: 7
She was also danced trained wasnā€™t she? Which is why people didnā€™t like her being on strictly ?

Joe seems to think him training for strictly for months now means heā€™s a trained dancer šŸ™„
He does, but then so do the minions, saw a comment on Dianne's tik tok asking why he wasn't on Strictly this year as a professional, someone explained why but they were still insistent that he could do the job as well as the current pro's.

I saw Lucie Jones on Lorraine this week saying how Joe would hopefully bring his fans to see the show. Ashley may be better known and experienced but they've definitely cast Joe for his fanbase, which I would think is much bigger and more likely to pester parents for tickets. Can't really see it making that much difference to numbers though, even if 800 is better than 750 tickets sold, his and Dianne's show is touring, much easier for kids to get to than the West End.

Reactions: 2
He does, but then so do the minions, saw a comment on Dianne's tik tok asking why he wasn't on Strictly this year as a professional, someone explained why but they were still insistent that he could do the job as well as the current pro's.
What the actual duck?! These minions are bleeping stupid morons and so disrespectful to the other pros.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
I'm surprised none of the stans have pressurised their parents to book a weekend at Chewton Glen! I saw one getting tickets to their tour if they mowed the grass and then she shared a video of her mowing said grass šŸ˜‚
If her ears turn green then Joe will still get adored by the fans, and I'll bet he does a vlog on it...."my girlfriend's ears turned green" šŸ™„
What is stan short for?

I saw Lucie Jones on Lorraine this week saying how Joe would hopefully bring his fans to see the show. Ashley may be better known and experienced but they've definitely cast Joe for his fanbase, which I would think is much bigger and more likely to pester parents for tickets. Can't really see it making that much difference to numbers though, even if 800 is better than 750 tickets sold, his and Dianne's show is touring, much easier for kids to get to than the West End.
TodayTix have slashed the prices on Waitress for 24hrs from now up until the 28th September. Tickets starting at Ā£15 and going up to Ā£35.

Desperate to get bums on seats!

Reactions: 3
Did anyone watch the in the pan episode, for me it was that or football. I should of watched the football, that episode was dreadful. Dianne acted up to the camera the whole time, Joe treated her like child, insulted her and whipped her with a towel. Thank God it was the end of the season, hopefully that's the end of the channel cause it was a complete a mess.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Did anyone watch the in the pan episode, for me it was that or football. I should of watched the football, that episode was dreadful. Dianne acted up to the camera the whole time, Joe treated her like child, insulted her and whipped her with a towel. Thank God it was the end of the season, hopefully that's the end of the channel cause it was a complete a mess.
More than ever before, everything she did Joe was like'I don't think you are clever enough to work that out' or 'We don't trust you with this'. Dianne was definitely playing up for the camera especially when she was working out her score for one of the cocktails- I don't know if they are trying to make this a thing- him just insulting her and her playing up but it make sure it really uncomfortable to watch šŸ˜£

I really think a a lot of it is for the humour, she spent time making comments about him smelling and so on as well. None of the humour is in good taste in my opinion but it's clear it's just poorly thoguht out joking in my opinion.

The cocktail making in the pan episode was a hard watch, they are a total clash of personality it literally highlighted how different they are in every sense it was the same on his gaming channel where they played drunk mine craft her face is starting to say it all just lately he must be so draining to live with and boring .

• Heart
The cocktail making in the pan episode was a hard watch, they are a total clash of personality it literally highlighted how different they are in every sense it was the same on his gaming channel where they played drunk mine craft her face is starting to say it all just lately he must be so draining to live with and boring .
Neat summary. Thank you. :) Incompatible personalities.

I am unhappily not a reader of the Classics (my bad!), but I bookmarked this extract years ago from Captain Corelli's Mandolin (page 281 in my paperback edition):

"...Love is temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion, it is not the desire to mate every second of the day........That is just being in love which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident...... We had roots that grew towards each other together underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches. we found that we were one tree and not two. But sometimes the petals fall away and the roots have not entwined. Imagine giving up your home and your people, only to discover after six months, a year, three years, that the trees have no roots and have fallen over.Imagine the desolation. Imagine the imprisonment."

Thing is: will somebody say something like this to DB?

• Heart
Iā€™m 100% convinced after that in the pan shitshow that theyā€™re playing up to it all.

However, I do think Joe has control issues! He has to have things done a certain way or he flips his lid!!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.