Joe Sugg #2 Dianne Buswell ft. Joe Sugg: A flash In the pan or a trip in Chippy the van

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Snip

....So I can't be mad at those influencers.
That's just make take on it. Maybe I'm also a shady cold hearted witch? 🤔
You may be strong minded :D ,but sadly, the evidence has always been than some are very susceptible to advertising,. and it is no different with the online influencers. Some older minions get in over their heads in debt, while younger Stans put pressure on their parents to buy products which the influencers hawk online. Advertising has always needed to be controlled, in the same way as betting once was. Advertisers are expert at peddling products which some neither need, nor can afford.

I don't think it is right to let off the influencers so easily. They are hard sales people, and since they choose to advertise these goods for reward, they are partly responsible, along with their suppliers.

Reactions: 6
RandomLemon I'm with you haha

HowLongOhLord the example of the crisps you use however supports what Joe was saying - Walkers send him a box of free crisps, asks for some casual mentions....they make 150,000 pounds but Joe earns nothing but free crisps for a month. Who is getting something for nothing here?

isla sorna today they are having a walk in the local park, I think they do like to do fairly normal things.

I am fans of them to be honest, I think they're a sweet couple. I don't see anything wrong with a little bit of sponsored content. One thing I really am not comfortable with is the gifting to Dianne from her fans, I think she should make some sort of an announcement that gifts are not necessary.. She must be drowning in tat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Joe knows his “tv career” isn’t gonna last that long.
The best thing for him to do now is focus on his online content and make himself and Joanne the new Zalfie.
He has become everything he said he didn’t want to be. His vlogs are embarrassing to watch. It a mix between child friendly content/joking around and this forced sexual chemistry between him and her to keep the stans happy. 🤣
I’m so confused as to what he actually wants to do with his platform 🤔
but apparently once he can ride on that Zalfie train and its bringing in the goods 🤣
That’s what he wants to do with his platform.
Milk it 🥛 🥛 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3

HowLongOhLord the example of the crisps you use however supports what Joe was saying - Walkers send him a box of free crisps, asks for some casual mentions....they make 150,000 pounds but Joe earns nothing but free crisps for a month. Who is getting something for nothing here?

isla sorna today they are having a walk in the local park, I think they do like to do fairly normal things.

I am fans of them to be honest, I think they're a sweet couple. I don't see anything wrong with a little bit of sponsored content. One thing I really am not comfortable with is the gifting to Dianne from her fans, I think she should make some sort of an announcement that gifts are not necessary.. She must be drowning in tat.
it's his choice he knows so he didn't get paid this time BUT Walkers may offers him a deal next time.of course Walker may never offer him a deal

but It's really business.

Also chances other brands will be attracted because they saw the results
so who is getting nothing for something? Joe isn't

You have to keep reminding brands that you STILL have the fan base and attract sales.

also with Youtubers, I think the issue was they were dishonest when the ads/cash starting coming in from brands. It was like pretending to be your friend online and recommending products and pretending to have paid for them all

Reactions: 2
But that's pretty much every youtuber ever. The same with makeup gurus/youtubers - they go on a PR trip somewhere but then never use the makeup again. I'm not gonna lie if I was in his position I would also enjoy the freebies. Everyone chooses their own career path (looks like I choose the wrong one, damn it! 😂). We can hate the game, not the players. I would even say they are smart for grabbing the opportunities and milking those multimillion companies. They are the one sending youtubers and influencers free stuff etc and some of the things sent to them don't even get a mention on camera and yet they are still sending the PR gifts. The companies are the ones to blame imo 🤷🏼‍♀️
But tbh even if the youtubers/influencers get the freebies, trips etc. it really doesn't have anything to do with me and I don't really care. At the end of the day I have my own life to live and I'm not that interested if someone got a new cream, facewash or a bloody laptop for free. Would I want those gifts? Hell yes! Did I do anything to deserve/earn them? No. So I can't be mad at those influencers.
That's just make take on it. Maybe I'm also a shady cold hearted witch? 🤔

EDIT. Sorry for that essay
As I said it’s more the fact they whinge about having to be transparent. And yes it’s lots of them not just joe but he was specifically moaning about it.

If he said oh look moncler have given me this coat and are going to pay me to advertise it then that’s fair. If it’s ohh I’ve got a nice gift off moncler and I’m going to wear it because I genuinely love it (until I’ve advertised it enough and then I’ll move onto the next one)

I would genuinely love if it was ever analysed just how much subliminal advertising goes on in some of these blogs.

There’s no way I can see that they paid for chewton glen, we know zoe gets free trips from them and we know Joanne has recently done the flower show in their name too.

Basically it’s the RULES AND REGULATIONS OF their JOB. Are they not the ones being shady. No problem whatsoever with them getting free stuff, or even advertising it. As I said, it’s about be transparent and not misleading mostly youngsters

• Heart
If Chewton Glen offer him the trip 'discounted' for a quid or so (for example) he's got no reason to declare it gifted and I'm sure a lot of these deals work like this

If Chewton Glen offer him the trip 'discounted' for a quid or so (for example) he's got no reason to declare it gifted and I'm sure a lot of these deals work like this
I’m quite sure there must be some legislation covering that or they’d all be at it.

If I have a car worth £10,000.00 and I sell it to you for £1.00, there is a clear element of gift, in which HMRC would be very interested: both the Income Tax section and Capital Taxes.

In your example, there is a clear element of gift and it would therefore have to be declared as such for compliance with advertising rules,

Reactions: 5

They're filming in a park/nature reserve with the animal guy from a past vlog not on a private romantic walk sadly, never said they're not normal they just do my head in lately sometimes less is more kinda thing 🤷

Last edited:
Lol me and a couple others have been calling out Joe and Dianne’s tit for how long now and the thread was like nah glad everyone is on the same page and realizes how embarrassing Joe has become

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I find his sudden change in vlogging habits strange.He hasn’t uploaded on his main channel in about 4/5 weeks and is uploading vlogs almost daily.I don’t know if this is tied to whatever the duck this big project is or if he’s trying to rinse the pot before he legs it.

• Haha
Lol me and a couple others have been calling out Joe and Dianne’s tit for how long now and the thread was like nah glad everyone is on the same page and realizes how embarrassing Joe has become
I thought I was going to be a lone voice on this forever 🤣

I think they were actually on a walk. I don’t think that made in the wild guy was actually there and he replied to joes story saying something like enjoy your walk.

I too am very confused by the new vlogging habits, he seems to go through phases of vlogging lots then not for ages. Do you reckon it will become any more clear when project Joanne is revealed?

• Angry
I think they were actually on a walk. I don’t think that made in the wild guy was actually there and he replied to joes story saying something like enjoy your walk.

I too am very confused by the new vlogging habits, he seems to go through phases of vlogging lots then not for ages. Do you reckon it will become any more clear when project Joanne is revealed?
Yeah they did just go on walk/out to the park or whatever😂

I just want to know what it is as I have no patience and I feel like it could literally be anything.His almost daily vlogging phase will be over sooner rather than later.

• Angry
  • Haha
It's like bloody Jackanory, "what do we think happened next children"🙄🙄🙄. I think they both need to grow up. I liked them originally, but now 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴. Boredom Central 🤪

Yeah they did just go on walk/out to the park or whatever😂

I just want to know what it is as I have no patience and I feel like it could literally be anything.His almost daily vlogging phase will be over sooner rather than later.
Notice how straight away I'm like it can't just be a nice private walk together it must be for a vlog/brand or something more to it 😂

• Haha
Is it just me or is Dianne looking sicker and sicker in every vlog. When she isn't wearing make-up she is just looking very rundown, her face seems to be breaking out and she just looks unwell.

I think Dianne is even getting fed up with the constant vlogs, even though she likes the money they bring in and knows they're advertising projectjoanne she just seems to be getting annoyed.

I think she likes the set videos like in the pan and asos shop and insta posting and stories, but the constant vloging is taking its toll on her, she acts up with the cringeyness some of the time, but she just seems to be fed up with the filming the rest of time. I duuno if it's just me or if anyone else thinks it.

Is it just me or is Dianne looking sicker and sicker in every vlog. When she isn't wearing make-up she is just looking very rundown, her face seems to be breaking out and she just looks unwell.

I think Dianne is even getting fed up with the constant vlogs, even though she likes the money they bring in and knows they're advertising projectjoanne she just seems to be getting annoyed.

I think she likes the set videos like in the pan and asos shop and insta posting and stories, but the constant vloging is taking its toll on her, she acts up with the cringeyness some of the time, but she just seems to be fed up with the filming the rest of time. I duuno if it's just me or if anyone else thinks it.
You could tell she was shattered in the back of the car on the way home from Wiltshire, but joe and Zoe carried on filming, trying to sing at the top of their voices etc.

Bearing in mind, Dianne finished tour, took joe straight to New York, then had her parents over, then as soon as they went ( literally dropped them at the airport) had to trek to Wiltshire and play cards, and then probably had to go back to work the next day.

Didn’t like that joe filmed her crying after she said good bye to her folks at the airport. Anything for the content. Comfort her and put your camera away ffs. Your a millionaire, the extra ten seconds footage isn’t going to affect you.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yeah good point she's got a very physically demanding job and Joe and Zoe are on the other end of the scale entirely. It can be frustrating when you're shattered and those you are with are full of energy and don't really recognise how you feel. Especially if she knows she has to go back to work the next day after driving all the way to Wiltshire and back in one day. Plus the mental drain of seeing in-laws.That is a lot.

I think the only time Joe has actually known what hard work was like, was his stint on Strictly. He was always stating how exhausted he was. Now it's all over and done with he's lounging about in bed, going out for long lunches with the boys, and in general just lazing. I do feel Dianne burns the candle at both ends, and will regret it eventually. Back to Zoe arsing about on their way to and from Wiltshire, she wouldn't know what hard work was if it jumped up and bit her on the arse.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.