Joe Sugg #2 Dianne Buswell ft. Joe Sugg: A flash In the pan or a trip in Chippy the van

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Serious question I promise are they very rich then cuz a spare 10k is a lot I always thought youtubers didn't earn much (according to Alfie on that thing he did with Fraser and Alex slagging off the commentary community) ?

Reactions: 3
Could they be doing some sort of dating show? Their photoshoot included a lot of kissing...
The exploitation of the relationship is never ending it seems😴💤. The kissing pics were probably to lure in the rabid Joanne obsessed minions. Always cringes me out when they refer to themselves by their ship name 🤮

Reactions: 3
Serious question I promise are they very rich then cuz a spare 10k is a lot I always thought youtubers didn't earn much (according to Alfie on that thing he did with Fraser and Alex slagging off the commentary community) ?
Alfie is full of tit. The big ones like Joe and Alfie made mega money in their heyday, Joe will still be making decent money now, Alfie, unfortunately, is probably still earning a fair amount. £10k is about one Insta #AD at most for Joe/Alfie.

Reactions: 7
Alfie twisted the truth on that video. He said about his ADVANCE being small he didn’t mention all the profit from sales.

Put it this way, where all the buttercream live will be a couple of grand a month in rent or over £1million if they own (joe and oli), Alfie and Zoe live in a mansion with a spare house in the garden, Ksi spent £200k on a watch, Tom syndicate built his own house. So yeah, the big ones are loaded beyond belief

Not to mention all the free clothes, meals, cars they get loaned, holidays, computer equipment, iPhones, haircuts/massages/eyebrows etc they get done etc. They barely have to pay for anything.

Could they be doing some sort of dating show? Their photoshoot included a lot of kissing...
Yeah agree, maybe tied in with dancing?

Reactions: 6
Alfie twisted the truth on that video. He said about his ADVANCE being small he didn’t mention all the profit from sales.

Put it this way, where all the buttercream live will be a couple of grand a month in rent or over £1million if they own (joe and oli), Alfie and Zoe live in a mansion with a spare house in the garden, Ksi spent £200k on a watch, Tom syndicate built his own house. So yeah, the big ones are loaded beyond belief

Not to mention all the free clothes, meals, cars they get loaned, holidays, computer equipment, iPhones, haircuts/massages/eyebrows etc they get done etc. They barely have to pay for anything.

Yeah agree, maybe tied in with dancing?
😨 Oh wow bit of an eye opener to say the least .

The exploitation of the relationship is never ending it seems😴💤. The kissing pics were probably to lure in the rabid Joanne obsessed minions. Always cringes me out when they refer to themselves by their ship name 🤮
I honestly remember thinking back in the new year how cute it will be to get the occasional glimpse of Dianne just now and again in Joes vlogs, obviously I respected that they were never going to show much of them together because generally he wont overexpose his private life - 6 months later and it's like a circus .

Last edited:
Joe chatting about PR gifts etc in his new vlog and Dianne’s contribution is ‘I think it’s quite nice to get free stuff’ - Careful Dianne the £ signs in your eyes are showing.

Reactions: 9
Joe chatting about PR gifts etc in his new vlog and Dianne’s contribution is ‘I think it’s quite nice to get free stuff’ - Careful Dianne the £ signs in your eyes are showing.
He lost his relatability to me when he got all sour when he had to declare a ‘gift from his sister’ as an ad. It was in fact a pr package from her BUSINESS.

Showed that he’s no better than most of them.

Pretty convinced it’s going to be some love/dating show for the bbc ... the big lipstick kisses etc just show it’s going to be some corny Saturday night shite. Joes said before he’s tried writing tv shows

Him trying to justify getting freebies AND getting paid tit loads of money for them too. Properly going off him. He apparently only does it for products he genuinely likes. Isn’t this lot the ones who are totally Apple but promote Samsung whenever there’s money? I’m sure he uses all of zoellas stuff he shills too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Call me naïve but I agree with him! Why shouldn't he attach a value, is he expected to advertise for free?

At the end of the day it is how he earns an income, none of us work for free.

Reactions: 4
Call me naïve but I agree with him! Why shouldn't he attach a value, is he expected to advertise for free?

So for example an all expenses trip to Dubai, flying first class, getting to stay in that fish tank room, getting all food, drink, activities for free etc in return for a vlog or two.... to then get paid on top? I mean if they offer obviously you wouldn’t turn it down. But I just feel he’s getting really greedy with the ads.

He also gets income from the ads on his vlogs. Which will have more views than normal because of the content, that’s been provided for free.

Or maybe it’s because of the new rules we realise more what’s actually ads now.

I was referring more to something like crisps lol

I don't think Joe really has that many ads?

No?

Chewton glen, Audi lending him cars all the time, that barber that’s always at his house, moncler recently, he had all free google laptops etc before, had loads of stuff off razor gaming company last week, free food for life at wagamamas. They are just off the top of my head and fairly recent.

I don’t have a problem with it per say as long as they are letting people know. Just didn’t think he needed to moan in his video about it, when they get like 10k just got tagging a company on Instagram. Whilst for a lot of people that’s months and months wages. You don’t get ‘real’ celebs moaning about finances and having to declare stuff the way youtubers bang on like they’re hard done to, was mostly my point

• Heart
Is it just me, or does anybody else get a Joey Essex vibe from Diane? Acts incredibly thick for the camera just to get views/that's what is expected 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7

It is one of the bones of contention here, rightly so, as to just how many gifts/sponsored products JS and DB may be involved with.

In the case of JS, if you have not seen many ads, it does not mean they do not exist. It is one of the complaints about online influencers. Too often, nobody knows how much of the stuff is a hard sell. e.g. did Joanne pay for their holidays in NYC, Spain and Finland, or was there an element of subsidy? It may make it easier for their fans to understand that JS only goes off sn some of these trips because there is an element of gifting/being paid.

e.g. If a minion watches a travel show on TV, they know the presenters who go to Chewton Glen are being paid to do so, and may feel no great desire to proceed further . I do not know if Joanne were gifted any element of the visit to Chewton Glen. and I doubt if the minions know either, so those Stans who can afford to do so, may consider paying to go there, somehow believing it is achievable.

I can certainly recall three other instances immediately:

1) the Boda shearling jacket and gloves worth over £800.00 which JS received just before Xmas. After the usual cooing about the unsolicited gift, followed by the ritual unboxing, JS went on to wear them for the Strictly tour, and was often photographed wearing them by the national press. He never explicitly said it was Boda - I had to freeze frame to look at the label After Day 1, there was never any reference to the git element, as he modelled the outerwear all over the country

2) the expensive car hires are often referenced by mentioning the supplier once. You could argue that the minions are too young to hold a D/L , but the evidence is that some young adults at least can be drawn into buying goods beyond their means, simply to emulate their idols life style. Given that some of his Stans are evidently middle aged women, I suspect that the influencing goes beyond young adults.

3) JS has overtly invited suppliers to donate kitchen implements. He has also invited gifts of Yellowtail red wine. It is reasonably credible to think that even minions will look with interest at these affordable purchases.

Last, with regards to crisps: if a packet costs, say, a £1.00 and JS consumes them in a vlog, then it is a reasonable guess that a percentage of his minions may then also try them. Quickly looking at his recent car karaoke views, they currently stand at approx 305,000. If 50% of those viewers bought a packet, that's possibly £150,000.00 which the crisp retailer may not have otherwise made. If the correct ad warning is made, it may deter some from buying. I am aware as I write this, that you can argue the percentages, but the principle is there: advertising should not be hidden, because presented cleverly, some/many viewers may not click to the fact that JS is being paid to sell the stuff, in which he may have no real interest.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
“And remember, I’m not a daily vlogger”
No, you’re now a daily sell out 😐

• Haha
  • Heart

I would use the word "work" very loosely.
Wandering around his house holding a camera saying how much he rates a free product is hardly graft .

• Heart
Him trying to justify getting freebies AND getting paid tit loads of money for them too. Properly going off him. He apparently only does it for products he genuinely likes. Isn’t this lot the ones who are totally Apple but promote Samsung whenever there’s money? I’m sure he uses all of zoellas stuff he shills too.
But that's pretty much every youtuber ever. The same with makeup gurus/youtubers - they go on a PR trip somewhere but then never use the makeup again. I'm not gonna lie if I was in his position I would also enjoy the freebies. Everyone chooses their own career path (looks like I choose the wrong one, damn it! 😂). We can hate the game, not the players. I would even say they are smart for grabbing the opportunities and milking those multimillion companies. They are the one sending youtubers and influencers free stuff etc and some of the things sent to them don't even get a mention on camera and yet they are still sending the PR gifts. The companies are the ones to blame imo 🤷🏼‍♀️
But tbh even if the youtubers/influencers get the freebies, trips etc. it really doesn't have anything to do with me and I don't really care. At the end of the day I have my own life to live and I'm not that interested if someone got a new cream, facewash or a bloody laptop for free. Would I want those gifts? Hell yes! Did I do anything to deserve/earn them? No. So I can't be mad at those influencers.
That's just make take on it. Maybe I'm also a shady cold hearted witch? 🤔

EDIT. Sorry for that essay

Last edited:
  • Haha
Joe Sugg and Dianne Buswell are not above criticism, his vlogs are quickly becoming one big brag fest - look where we are, look where we're going, guess what we're doing next, look at this I've been given, guess what amazing car I'm driving etc and she's there swanning around in the background going ooooh scrunchies, he's being a big head and she's being a dick head and I'm getting bored with them that's why I'm on here 🤷😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.