Joe Sugg #2 Dianne Buswell ft. Joe Sugg: A flash In the pan or a trip in Chippy the van

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Enjoy it Joe Knocking back the champers living the high life showing the minions what buying that crappy merch has paid for, Dianne loves a good show off but wouldn't you think she'd just STOP filming herself for a week and just enjoy her holiday 🤷
She was very quick to show off that they were in business/first class and not in cattle class slumming it with the rest of us. I agree with the person above in that we wouldn't be none the wiser if she hadn't been posting (showing off). It does give the impression that she's wasn't born into a lot of money or that she hasn't had a boyfriend who has lavished her with this sort of lifestyle before so perhaps that's why she feels to urge to show off. Those plane seats are NOT cheap yikeees. I wonder if the trip was gifted or is this part of joes bday pressie to her. I know some people are saying she posts a lot less now, God I'd hate to see how much she was posting before? Like with her last relationship? Was she always sharing details of that too?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
If you follow any of the Strictly pros you will see she is not nearly the worst for over sharing, the majority of the pros are at it and do it far more than Dianne.

If you think about it. The dancers do still have to keep themselves relevant and in the public eye when Strictly isn't on, they do have their own tours to promote and, as dancing isn't a permanent career that comes with a pension, they all need to make as much money as they can before they hang up their dancing shoes and become dance teachers or whatever.

If Joe wasn't okay with Dianne posting, it wouldn't be posted, he is clearly happy for her to be posting or he wouldn't be indulging it by glass clinking or dancing.

Reactions: 4
Myself, I don’t think it‘s that unreasonable for her to post things on insta when she’s on holiday, lots of people do that and she hasn’t really posted that much so far.

Reactions: 9
I don't follow any strictly stars and don't care how much or how little they post. This thread is not about them. Anyone can post what they want, when they want. It's just a matter of opinion. It would be more of a strategic business move as a youtuber to leave the viewers guessing and in suspense as to what you are upto and where you are going to incite more clicks when a vlog is uploaded for maximum engagement and viewing figures ( which lets face it, Joe needs right now). I feel like Joe knows this. I'm not saying Dianne shouldn't post, why shouldn't she, she can do as she pleases and she does. It just seems like she only does now when she has something to flaunt. Never followed her before Joe so don't know how overbearing she used to be. What rubbed me the wrong way was just that she had to make sure everyone knew she was in business/first class. That's literally thousands for just a seat. Of course if you are rich or getting trips/hotels paid for it won't hurt your wallet to splash out on some comfort for a long haul flight. Funnily enough there was radio silence on her trip back to oz at Christmas. Must have been sat with the commoners.

It doesn't really matter what you say about Dianne on here there are always people jumping down your throat trying to defend her. Which is ridiculous as no one has been horribly cruel about her, just having discussions as she puts her life out there for us to judge and as humans we are going to form opinions. But for princess Dianne this is not allowed. We can only criticise Joe and how he isn't "good enough" for princess di.🙄 I'll criticise and form opinions where I see fit. I like them both, I just don't have my head up their arses.

I don't follow any strictly stars and don't care how much or how little they post. This thread is not about them. Anyone can post what they want, when they want. It's just a matter of opinion. It would be more of a strategic business move as a youtuber to leave the viewers guessing and in suspense as to what you are upto and where you are going to incite more clicks when a vlog is uploaded for maximum engagement and viewing figures ( which lets face it, Joe needs right now). I feel like Joe knows this. I'm not saying Dianne shouldn't post, why shouldn't she, she can do as she pleases and she does. It just seems like she only does now when she has something to flaunt. Never followed her before Joe so don't know how overbearing she used to be. What rubbed me the wrong way was just that she had to make sure everyone knew she was in business/first class. That's literally thousands for just a seat. Of course if you are rich or getting trips/hotels paid for it won't hurt your wallet to splash out on some comfort for a long haul flight. Funnily enough there was radio silence on her trip back to oz at Christmas. Must have been sat with the commoners.

It doesn't really matter what you say about Dianne on here there are always people jumping down your throat trying to defend her. Which is ridiculous as no one has been horribly cruel about her, just having discussions as she puts her life out there for us to judge and as humans we are going to form opinions. But for princess Dianne this is not allowed. We can only criticise Joe and how he isn't "good enough" for princess di.[emoji849] I'll criticise and form opinions where I see fit. I like them both, I just don't have my head up their arses.
ALL OF THIS! Like I said a few post back I was a big fan of Dianne in the beginning. I actually was in a private group for Joanne [emoji102] but sadly I couldn't take her bringing up Ariel, mermaids or red hair anymore. Back on GG I was femihood and loved the idea that she wasn't a insta model, but now idk. I don't want to get bashed so I will say that Joe is also equally annoying.

I'm not saying it's unreasonable to post but more why would she want to ?
This is surely their private get away, share with family and close friends but then maybe put the camera away for a week or are they not capable of going 7 days without social media and just being alone in each others company 🤷

Reactions: 3
It’s not about her not posting at all it’s the showing off, the frequency of her posts, the constant gushing about Joe on some random pic every other day for stans, and literally everything else. Her stories are the most self centered ego trip I’ve ever seen. It’s not shocking most of the dancers act like Dianne. They’re all older and have very little social media sense combined with very large egos.

• Heart
Dianne's social media usage seems to go on who's she's around, before she went to Oz it was Joe & Zalfie who were all vlogging not using insta, so her posts went quiet until she got home to her brother who constantly uses it. On Here Comes the girls, none of them other than the Italian are big sm users so she doesn't post as much, but once the Strictly tour starts and she is around the Strictly crew who are on sm 24/7 the overbearing, showing off starts again.

It's obvious Dianne hasn't yet coped about strategic sm usage. I would say though as this week passes her usage will get less and less and the showing off will start again in August when she is back with the Strictly crew, unless Joe drills some sense into her by then.

I agree Dianne does like to show off, yes it is overbearing and becomes tedious, but there are reasons behind why she behaves the way does. She is after all a performer and her job is to show off and she clearly has problems turning off the work, over the top persona when it comes to her personnel life.

It doesn't really matter what you say about Dianne on here there are always people jumping down your throat trying to defend her. Which is ridiculous as no one has been horribly cruel about her, just having discussions as she puts her life out there for us to judge and as humans we are going to form opinions. But for princess Dianne this is not allowed. We can only criticise Joe and how he isn't "good enough" for princess di.🙄 I'll criticise and form opinions where I see fit. I like them both, I just don't have my head up their arses.
You just said people can have their own opinion & then said there’s always going to be people defending her when that’s THEIR OPINION ANYWAYS. Don’t post on this website if you’re not open to criticism especially if you give it & can’t take it

If you follow any of the Strictly pros you will see she is not nearly the worst for over sharing, the majority of the pros are at it and do it far more than Dianne.

If you think about it. The dancers do still have to keep themselves relevant and in the public eye when Strictly isn't on, they do have their own tours to promote and, as dancing isn't a permanent career that comes with a pension, they all need to make as much money as they can before they hang up their dancing shoes and become dance teachers or whatever.

If Joe wasn't okay with Dianne posting, it wouldn't be posted, he is clearly happy for her to be posting or he wouldn't be indulging it by glass clinking or dancing.
I found the dancing on the plane so cringe.
I hope I never have to share a flight with a YouTuber

• Haha
You just said people can have their own opinion & then said there’s always going to be people defending her when that’s THEIR OPINION ANYWAYS. Don’t post on this website if you’re not open to criticism especially if you give it & can’t take it
Go back to your Joanne Stan account on Twitter 🙄😖:sick:

Edited to say - this is not a rave thread, if you want to stick your head further up Dianne's ass go to the rave section. It seems to be you who is not open to criticism.

Last edited:
I found the dancing on the plane so cringe.
I hope I never have to share a flight with a YouTuber
Yeah they are far too cringey, surely the honeymoon phase has to end soon. And when they are in vlogs together, it just seems so scripted or something, I know its not, but the lovey dovey stuff seems so put on by the pair of them.

But Joe I don't think would be a good he worst of the youtubers to be on a plane with, he is considerate for the most part, Tom Syndicate now that would be a real nightmare.

Yeah they are far too cringey, surely the honeymoon phase has to end soon. And when they are in vlogs together, it just seems so scripted or something, I know its not, but the lovey dovey stuff seems so put on by the pair of them.

But Joe I don't think would be a good he worst of the youtubers to be on a plane with, he is considerate for the most part, Tom Syndicate now that would be a real nightmare.
I’d honestly have to ask them to have a word with Tom syndicate if I was on a plane with him. And I absolute HATE complaining. Or an expensive restaurant. Imagine paying for a £100-200 meal In London and ending up with that fanny next to you in his own merch, and critiquing the food at the top of his voice.

I’d honestly have to ask them to have a word with Tom syndicate if I was on a plane with him. And I absolute HATE complaining. Or an expensive restaurant. Imagine paying for a £100-200 meal In London and ending up with that fanny next to you in his own merch, and critiquing the food at the top of his voice.
A fate worse than death, I agree.

Given that this thread is loosely about influencers, I still think that misunderstandings arise here, because some are using the wrong standard to apply when making a criticism.

To me, it is like a Venn Diagram: one circle consists of the conventional mainstream media entertainer (of any type), most of whom live off any kind publicity. The second circle consists of the relatively new online entertainers, most of whom are not in mainstream media.entertainment, and where the attitude to mainstream publicity appears to be more conservative.

In the context of this thread, Dianne Buswelll is from the first circle, and Joe Sugg is from the second. It is how and where their respective circles overlap which I find interesting, since it is a little like the old world meeting the new. the tectonic plates of each grind and can produce the reactions we see here. All this is set against the backdrop of how advertisers as well as mainstream entertainment producers like the Beeb seek to make inroads into the online community for their own purposes, e.g. cherry picking youtubers for their audiences, and how mainstream entertainers/celebs like e.g. Taylor Swift or Strictly dancers seek to harness online communities for their mainstream activities/ It looks as if the online community is still relatively innocent and currently easily exploited.

Therefore, when people criticise Dianne Buswell for being OTT, they ignore her circle of influence. She is not really an online entertainer and did not get to Strictly because of her online presence, which I think we all know was much less than it is now, before she met JS It is fair to criticise DB if she misuses her IG account by failing to disclose her ads, but as far as I know, she does not now do that. Having said that, I think DB is only interested in Youtube and IG as a lucrative. hobby, which might assist her in the world of dance. The online presence is therefore ancillary and her IG is a mix of her social activity and hard sell.

This is very different to JS, who has made his progression on the back of online activity, and who himself said at the start of Strictly, that he doubted if many knew who he was outside the online community (which is not to diminish online numbers) . For JS, online activity is all serious, and to be regulated more cautiously. He has had issues with mainstream publicity in the past, just as DB does not always handle online publicity in an accepted fashion. They come from two different entertainment worlds

My 2 cents

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
A fate worse than death, I agree.

Given that this thread is loosely about influencers, I still think that misunderstandings arise here, because some are using the wrong standard to apply when making a criticism.

To me, it is like a Venn Diagram: one circle consists of the conventional mainstream media entertainer (of any type), most of whom live off any kind publicity. The second circle consists of the relatively new online entertainers, most of whom are not in mainstream media.entertainment, and where the attitude to mainstream publicity appears to be more conservative.

In the context of this thread, Dianne Buswelll is from the first circle, and Joe Sugg is from the second. It is how and where their respective circles overlap which I find interesting, since it is a little like the old world meeting the new. the tectonic plates of each grind and can produce the reactions we see here. All this is set against the backdrop of how advertisers as well as mainstream entertainment producers like the Beeb seek to make inroads into the online community for their own purposes, e.g. cherry picking youtubers for their audiences, and how mainstream entertainers/celebs like e.g. Taylor Swift or Strictly dancers seek to harness online communities for their mainstream activities/ It looks as if the online community is still relatively innocent and currently easily exploited.

Therefore, when people criticise Dianne Buswell for being OTT, they ignore her circle of influence. She is not really an online entertainer and did not get to Strictly because of her online presence, which I think we all know was much less than it is now, before she met JS It is fair to criticise DB if she misuses her IG account by failing to disclose her ads, but as far as I know, she does not now do that. Having said that, I think DB is only interested in Youtube and IG as a lucrative. hobby, which might assist her in the world of dance. The online presence is therefore ancillary and her IG is a mix of her social activity and hard sell.

This is very different to JS, who has made his progression on the back of online activity, and who himself said at the start of Strictly, that he doubted if many knew who he was outside the online community (which is not to diminish online numbers) . For JS, online activity is all serious, and to be regulated more cautiously. He has had issues with mainstream publicity in the past, just as DB does not always handle online publicity in an accepted fashion. They come from two different entertainment worlds

My 2 cents
Nah I agree.Obviously this is a yt trash thread so people are looking at things from a youtube perspective but sometimes you have to look at the big picture. As Joe moves away from the yt scene i think the way he uses his online platform and social media will change somewhat.

I know you can’t see much of it, but that looks like a crappy hotel room to say they flew first class.
Well, they ain’t Zalfie. Hopefully they will only spend time in the hotel to sleep rather than spending the entire time there ordering pizza. Don’t need anything special if that’s the case. Flying first class is unnecesary, but it’s better than premium economy on a long haul flight like that, we all probably would if we could.

Reactions: 10
... Flying first class is unnecesary, but it’s better than premium economy on a long haul flight like that, we all probably would if we could.
Maybe this thread is making me cynical, but it would not surprise me at all if there was an element of gift in that flight. I mean, if Tom can fly first class to HK, it cannot be beyond Joe's wit to at least argue for a free upgrade I'm thinking the dancing move was designed to demonstrate the space available.

The only thing which militates against this suspicion, is that I could not spot any company logos, which I assume might have been an obligatory inclusion, if there was gifting involved? .

Nah I agree.Obviously this is a yt trash thread so people are looking at things from a youtube perspective but sometimes you have to look at the big picture. As Joe moves away from the yt scene i think the way he uses his online platform and social media will change somewhat.
I'm really excited at the thought of Joe Dianne moving away from the you tube scene and also hopefully changing the way they use social media generally as with a young fan base like theirs it could be used for much more than just endless self promo and basically bragging IMO

Reactions: 1
I loved how happy she was that joe upgraded their flight and that she was taking it all in and appreciated it. I think that’s why she’s likeable because she’s down to earth and big treats are huge to her.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.