Joe Sugg #2 Dianne Buswell ft. Joe Sugg: A flash In the pan or a trip in Chippy the van

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t see how Byron or Caspar are moving fast...Bryon and Emily are like 25, surely if you’re that age and dating someone for a year you expect to marry them. Same goes for Caspar he is 25, yes Ambar is young, but I’m sure in Caspar’s mind at this age this is who he wants to settle down with. Maybe declaring it to the whole world is too fast, but not believing in it.

Both those couples have had ample time to get to know each other, did not officially move in with each other as quickly as Joanne did, and haven’t spent their every waking hour vlogging and making business plans. They’ve had plenty of time to live “normally” without touring, weekly shows, rehearsals, dance, and business. When you think about it Joanne have built their relationship based on business from the get go. Even when they were getting to know each other it was under working conditions.

They have now turned their relationship into business of making money and seeking fame. That can blind anyone, but only for so long.

To me Dianne just gets shadier every time I see her. I do not believe her or her family. I’m not gonna expand further on that.

Reactions: 3
I don’t see how Byron or Caspar are moving fast...Bryon and Emily are like 25, surely if you’re that age and dating someone for a year you expect to marry them. Same goes for Caspar he is 25, yes Ambar is young, but I’m sure in Caspar’s mind at this age this is who he wants to settle down with. Maybe declaring it to the whole world is too fast, but not believing in it.

Both those couples have had ample time to get to know each other, did not officially move in with each other as quickly as Joanne did, and haven’t spent their every waking hour vlogging and making business plans. They’ve had plenty of time to live “normally” without touring, weekly shows, rehearsals, dance, and business. When you think about it Joanne have built their relationship based on business from the get go. Even when they were getting to know each other it was under working conditions.

They have now turned their relationship into business of making money and seeking fame. That can blind anyone, but only for so long.

To me Dianne just gets shadier every time I see her. I do not believe her or her family. I’m not gonna expand further on that.
Ohhhhh spill the ☕

Reactions: 8
Feeling major yikes for Joe right now, I wonder what Zoe thinks of all this since she seems to pride herself on not doing couple-y things outside of videos to make money like photoshoots, magazine covers, red carpets, etc which doesn't even make all that much sense to me but it is what it is. Wonder what she thinks of her brother exploiting his brand new relationship so immediately.

Reactions: 2
Wonder what she thinks of her brother exploiting his brand new relationship so immediately.
Both Joe and Zoe are milking Dianne., Although Zoe said recently that Joe is 'punching', she nevertheless probably hopes JS will succeed, so that Dianne';s promotion of Zoe's merch goes well. ☹

Reactions: 4
I see Dianne been constantly sharing on Instagram stories anyone who mentions the tour, but Joe's not shared anything, do you think he's just too busy at Glastonbury with Tom or did the show not get the big response he was expecting so he's keeping quite, thinking WTF maybe it wasn't such a great idea.
I know it's only been 24hrs, but scrolling through his main channel I think it's his least viewed main channel video to date.
If he's struggling to get to the 200k mark views now on his main channel what will his views be like in 9months time.
I would image he's invest his money wisely over the years as if not I can see him having to go back to roof thatching or looking for a day job in the near future.
I suppose the only other thing that might get the viewers back is if he marries Dianne's/has kids in the near future, but I can see Dianne giving up her Dancing career for another few years.

Reactions: 1
Another quick thought on Joe, why is he hanging with Tom all of a sudden, didn't Josh, Caspar or Oli fancy Glastonbury? Josh, Oli, Jack and Mikey were also free when he went to Scotland but he again took Tom. Bit weird.
i
I wanted to revisit your percipient observation.

I wonder if Joe suffers from an Emotional Intelligence deficit?

People with a low score on emotional intelligence may have a difficult time interpreting, understanding, and acting on emotions. They often have difficulty expressing their own emotions and feel uncomfortable around the emotional displays of other people. In some cases, those who score low may experience low self-esteem, poor self-confidence, and may have difficulty feeling empathy and showing love for others.
Exhibit 1:: Zoe's yt observations

07:40 to 09:02, but worth listening (if you are interested) up to 10:40 I accept it is Zoe who is passing judgement, but this was in 2015 when Joe would have been 24, and it seems reasonably authentic.

Exhibit 2: general treatment of DB

In the case of DB, it ranges from almost ignoring/mocking her to gushy expressions of affection. i.e. an inability to handle emotions on a more stable basis.

Exhibit 3: treatment of the buttercream gang

in the case of the buttercreams, it means almost cold-bloodedly blanking them, when not going out on a bender. .

Exhibit 4: Loner lifestyle

it may account for the current semi-hermit lifestyle when DB is not around.

Happy to be shot down. 🙄

Keep your private life private and work stuff to work imo. I’d go as far to say I’d rather watch Alfie Deyes atm and if you’ve read my other posts you’ll know that hell would freeze over before I like that head. 😂😂
Sacre bleu! :D

Last edited:
Feeling major yikes for Joe right now, I wonder what Zoe thinks of all this since she seems to pride herself on not doing couple-y things outside of videos to make money like photoshoots, magazine covers, red carpets, etc which doesn't even make all that much sense to me but it is what it is. Wonder what she thinks of her brother exploiting his brand new relationship so immediately.
I would imagine Zoe's opinion is pretty mixed he's her brother so on some level probably supportive but the concept of a stage show based around what should be their private relationship is such a bizarre concept
It's like he's crowned himself Mr light entertainment when his appeal has always been the the homely country boy next door - all the impressions and singing and dancing now a stage show he's way more fame hungry than his sister. Fact .

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I would imagine Zoe's opinion is pretty mixed he's her brother so on some level probably supportive but the concept of a stage show based around what should be their private relationship is such a bizarre concept
It's like he's crowned himself Mr light entertainment when his appeal has always been the the homely country boy next door - all the impressions and singing and dancing now a stage show he's way more fame hungry than his sister. Fact .
I miss the old Joe 🙁 Strictly and Dianne have unleashed this camp fame hungry guy that he must of kept buried for quite a while !
Also we've now got all of this Summer, Autumn, Winter and next Spring of bleeping Joe and Dianne show hype to live through could they not of just announced it in the new year ffs 🤦

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I miss the old Joe 🙁 Strictly and Dianne have unleashed this camp fame hungry guy that he must of kept buried for quite a while !
Also we've now got all of this Summer, Autumn, Winter and next Spring of bleeping Joe and Dianne show hype to live through could they not of just announced it in the new year ffs 🤦
Well, sensible comment first, most shows of this nature are announced well in advance. A year is not actually unusual.

But, let’s be honest, they need to sell the tickets sooner rather than later because the later they go on sale, the less interested people are going to be in Joanne. We already know the views are dropping faster than Dianne did when on the Strictly Tour. They can’t wait that long to be able to sell the tickets and make the good money.

Reactions: 3
The more I see them as a couple the more I don’t buy into them being a couple at all, yeah they danced together for months, they clearly had a physical relationship like most on that show 🤣
And I’m sure joe knows it’s his only way to keep “mainstream media” interested.
He’ll be hoping he gets a slot on this years strictly I’m sure, not presenting but maybe as a “guest” every few weeks.

He has the same lad humour and jokes with her that he has with his guy mates.
She’s 30 and acts like a 17 year old, seriously his vlogs are embarrassing, poo, farts, dirty jokes. This is the content he wanted to make that he can be proud of. 🙄

I know there isn’t a massive age difference but the promo shots remind me of a mother and son photo shoot.

I have a feeling this show will be as good as Tanya Burr’s stage debut, maximum cringe from the audience and deluded stars 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Well, sensible comment first, most shows of this nature are announced well in advance. A year is not actually unusual.

But, let’s be honest, they need to sell the tickets sooner rather than later because the later they go on sale, the less interested people are going to be in Joanne. We already know the views are dropping faster than Dianne did when on the Strictly Tour. They can’t wait that long to be able to sell the tickets and make the good money.
Your totally right obviously 👍
it's just them pair I can't deal .....

Back in say January, I really liked the two of them together, I thought it was fairly organic and they had good chemistry. Even before that during the reaction videos, they were completely different people to who they are now. Now, I literally can't stand either of them especially when they are together. Dianne is a little more stomachable on her own when she's dancing but apart from that I physically cringe at everything they do. They are so fake and staged and childish, and yes they are milking the cash cow for all it is worth but that doesn't be bother me too much in the grand scheme of things(I mean don't get me wrong it isn't exploitative and disgusting) it's their personalities and the way they milk it that I cannot stand. Joe is a completely different person from the laddish joker he used to be back in 2014-2017 and I am not going to say that Dianne has changed him because I think that's quite unfair to wholly blame it on her and essentially victimise Joe but I think that going on Strictly and doing so well have gave him the taste of fame he had always truly wanted and it's brought out this side of him that he has hidden away. Dianne I think has not really changed (haven't known her for that long) but as mentioned previously on here has dumbed herself down (whether or not for the camera or for Joe who knows) but I think it is a real shame as she is a talent and for her to leave her whole life behind on the other side of the world and become as successful as she has landing on SCD is something that takes guts and drive and something that say Joe would never do.

Anyone seen the article in the Sunday Times-quite interesting what he says about getting freebies and getting into mainstream, etc.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Back in say January, I really liked the two of them together, I thought it was fairly organic and they had good chemistry. Even before that during the reaction videos, they were completely different people to who they are now. Now, I literally can't stand either of them especially when they are together. Dianne is a little more stomachable on her own when she's dancing but apart from that I physically cringe at everything they do. They are so fake and staged and childish, and yes they are milking the cash cow for all it is worth but that doesn't be bother me too much in the grand scheme of things(I mean don't get me wrong it isn't exploitative and disgusting) it's their personalities and the way they milk it that I cannot stand. Joe is a completely different person from the laddish joker he used to be back in 2014-2017 and I am not going to say that Dianne has changed him because I think that's quite unfair to wholly blame it on her and essentially victimise Joe but I think that going on Strictly and doing so well have gave him the taste of fame he had always truly wanted and it's brought out this side of him that he has hidden away. Dianne I think has not really changed (haven't known her for that long) but as mentioned previously on here has dumbed herself down (whether or not for the camera or for Joe who knows) but I think it is a real shame as she is a talent and for her to leave her whole life behind on the other side of the world and become as successful as she has landing on SCD is something that takes guts and drive and something that say Joe would never do.

Anyone seen the article in the Sunday Times-quite interesting what he says about getting freebies and getting into mainstream, etc.
Can't see the article as you have to join. Can you screenshot it or tell us what he said? Would be interested to know.

Can't see the article as you have to join. Can you screenshot it or tell us what he said? Would be interested to know.
Joe Sugg interview: thanks, internet, you made me a star. Now I just want to be the new Brucie
The vlogger is capitalising on last year’s Strictly Come Dancing success with a decidedly old-school variety show. Even the biggest YouTubers want to be on TV

Joe Sugg, whose videos have been watched 2.2bn times, says his success has been like ‘riding a big wave’, which he plans to follow wherever it takes him.
YouTube royalty, millennial heart-throb and — since he finished runner-up in last year’s Strictly Come Dancing — every older viewer’s dream grandson, Joe Sugg is sitting in the Ivy Brasserie in Soho, picking at a bowl of zucchini fries (“What are zucchini? Are they posh cucumbers? No, courgettes!”). He is explaining how much a recent tweet he spotted struck a chord.
“It said, ‘Imagine if at 5pm the internet gets shut off for the entire world and you can’t go on it again until 9am,’ ” Sugg says dreamily. “I love that. I think it would be so good for the world.”
What? Sugg, after all, is the man who — along with a select cohort of vloggers (video bloggers, to any High Court judges) that include his sister Zoe, aka Zoella, and her boyfriend Alfie Deyes, whose waxworks stand in Madame Tussauds — has done more than anything to ruin the eyesight of my generation-Z offspring and have them shun reading Homer in the original and damming streams in favour of gawping at phone clips of their idols’ antics instead.
His videos — such as the one where he “pranks” his best mate, Caspar Lee, by covering his bedroom in Post-it notes — have been watched 2.2bn times by his 27m followers across various social media channels, and the 27-year-old former thatcher is estimated to be worth £4.6m. He has published three bestselling graphic novels, has his own merchandising company and meets “Susan” (that’s Susan Wojcicki, chief executive of YouTube) whenever she’s in town, “to exchange ideas”.
“My life was all about straw but now it’s an empire,” he says in his soft Wiltshire tones, with a total lack of presumption.

Yet, despite personifying the generation gap, there is an endearingly old-fashioned quality to Sugg, who is bequiffed, pipe-cleaner skinny and wearing a cowboy hat and a wealth of silver jewellery. His sweet face looks shocked when I tell him that parents are now setting up Instagram accounts for their foetuses. “That’s so Black Mirror [Charlie Brooker’s tech-dystopia television series] it’s scary. I like human-to-human interaction. It sounds really harsh but when I have kids I’ll be like, ‘You can go on your iPad but you have to build a treehouse first.’ ”
Good luck with that, I think bitterly, as Sugg continues to explain how important his Strictly success was in giving him his TV break. I’m confused: aren’t vloggers intent on crushing the fusty BBC? “A lot of people will tell you TV’s dying, but it’s not true,” Sugg says earnestly, sipping on his elderflower cordial. “Even the biggest YouTubers in the world would like the legitimacy of being a TV star.”
Sugg was clearly shaken by the hostile reaction of some viewers to this upstart dancing alongside such entertainment legends as CBBC’s Dr Ranj Singh and the comedian Seann Walsh.
“Some people said they wouldn’t pay their licence fee if a nobody like me was on Strictly,” Sugg says. “It did feed into the impostor syndrome I sometimes get of, ‘Why me? Why was I chosen for this?’ When I did the Strictly launch, I was like, ‘Oh my God, I’m in a room with Faye Tozer [formerly of Steps] and Lee Ryan [of Blue]. But it made me feel like I was from the traditional world, that I was legit.”
During rehearsals, Sugg fell in love with his professional dance partner, Dianne Buswell. “Dianne’s my first proper girlfriend,” he confirms. At 27? “Other than, like, my pen pal from when I was 10 years old.” Previously, he fretted that a girlfriend might not want their relationship documented online. But Buswell (who has her dancing career to promote) is entirely game, forever appearing in Sugg’s videos, trying to solve his riddles and unpacking the Asos shopping he ordered for her. Recently the couple launched a YouTube cookery channel.
He also worried his fans might give any girlfriend the Yoko Ono treatment. “But luckily they loved Dianne from the very start of Strictly, so when they found out we were together."

Affairs of the heart apart, Sugg tells me delightedly that Strictly transformed his demographic. “It’s completely changed. I get stopped more in supermarkets by the older generation.” On cue, a middle-aged woman swoops down on our table, demanding a selfie.
It’s this grey-pound audience that Sugg is hoping to lure to theatres nationwide with the couple’s Joe and Dianne Show, which kicks off in March and, again, sounds almost defiantly old-school.
“It’s going to be a variety show of music, comedy and dance loosely based on a true love story,” he exclaims. His and Buswell’s? “Potentially,” he says coyly.
There’ll be dancing, singing (“I can hold a tune”) and plenty of jokes. It sounds as if he is positioning himself as a millennial Bruce Forsyth. “I’ve done YouTube tours before and the kids would love them, but I’d look towards the parents and they’d be sitting there looking really confused, like ‘What on earth is going on?’, so this time I want to give them a real performance.”
The son of a property developer and jewellery designer, Sugg left his comprehensive school after A-levels to become an apprentice thatcher, under his uncle Gary. Having always enjoyed making silly films with friends at weekends, he began uploading some onto a newfangled website called YouTube. “It was just a hobby. Then, no one imagined that this could be a career or how far it could go.”
Today, 52% of children say they would consider a career in online videos (just 13% want to be a doctor or nurse). “It’s a great job to aspire to, but they have to realise it’s a very saturated market,” Sugg warns. “We hit it at the right time but to get into it now is very hard.”
By the age of 22, he had 6m followers and a host of advertising and brand agencies clamouring to work with him.
“I was just about to tell my uncle, ‘Look, I’m ready to move on’ when he presented me with this second-hand Postman Pat van that I had to bump-start every morning to help with work. I felt so bad: I didn’t have it in me to say, ‘Thanks for the van but now I’m off,’ so I stayed on working with him for another three months, until my dad broke the news to him. He took it OK.”
Much of Sugg’s charm lies in the Cinderella-like excitement he displayed as he was introduced to a new world of adulation and freebies. “Audiences related to me arriving in a hotel room for an event put on by some company and being ridiculously excited because there were two sinks, or freaking out at being given goodie bags from Harry Potter World.”
Now he lives in a south London riverside penthouse but he still doesn’t appear jaded, saying he hates to jettison any of the tat that brands bombard him with. “I’m very nostalgic — as much as possible I like to keep everything. There’ll come a time when I’m older when I won’t be doing this kind of stuff and then I want to watch back old videos and go through all the stuff I was given.”
This theme of what will happen once his 15 minutes of fame are up underscores our conversation. Already, Sugg has started handing over power to the next generation. Last year, he and Lee set up a talent management company where, as creative director, Sugg comes up with content for the up-and-coming cyber-stars.
“It’s like how songwriters write songs for other people. Sometimes I’ll have a good idea and think: that’d be great for my channel but actually it would probably fit better with someone else. We know we won’t be the most popular YouTubers for ever — even now we’re not, compared to the main ones — but we were pioneers, in the sense that when we started no one else had done the business we’d done, and we can share that knowledge.” His eyes gleam. “My end goal is to create something that doesn’t even need my name attached to it.
“Since day one I’ve seen what I’m doing as like riding a big wave and I’ll ride it wherever it takes me,” he continues. “But if it all fizzles out, I tell my uncle at least I have a skill I can fall back on.”

Reactions: 7
Yeah sorry about that didn't realise, just got the link off some excited minions going on about his and Dianne's love story 🤣

Reactions: 2
Joe Sugg interview: thanks, internet, you made me a star. Now I just want to be the new Brucie
The vlogger is capitalising on last year’s Strictly Come Dancing success with a decidedly old-school variety show. Even the biggest YouTubers want to be on TV

Joe Sugg, whose videos have been watched 2.2bn times, says his success has been like ‘riding a big wave’, which he plans to follow wherever it takes him.
YouTube royalty, millennial heart-throb and — since he finished runner-up in last year’s Strictly Come Dancing — every older viewer’s dream grandson, Joe Sugg is sitting in the Ivy Brasserie in Soho, picking at a bowl of zucchini fries (“What are zucchini? Are they posh cucumbers? No, courgettes!”). He is explaining how much a recent tweet he spotted struck a chord.
“It said, ‘Imagine if at 5pm the internet gets shut off for the entire world and you can’t go on it again until 9am,’ ” Sugg says dreamily. “I love that. I think it would be so good for the world.”
What? Sugg, after all, is the man who — along with a select cohort of vloggers (video bloggers, to any High Court judges) that include his sister Zoe, aka Zoella, and her boyfriend Alfie Deyes, whose waxworks stand in Madame Tussauds — has done more than anything to ruin the eyesight of my generation-Z offspring and have them shun reading Homer in the original and damming streams in favour of gawping at phone clips of their idols’ antics instead.
His videos — such as the one where he “pranks” his best mate, Caspar Lee, by covering his bedroom in Post-it notes — have been watched 2.2bn times by his 27m followers across various social media channels, and the 27-year-old former thatcher is estimated to be worth £4.6m. He has published three bestselling graphic novels, has his own merchandising company and meets “Susan” (that’s Susan Wojcicki, chief executive of YouTube) whenever she’s in town, “to exchange ideas”.
“My life was all about straw but now it’s an empire,” he says in his soft Wiltshire tones, with a total lack of presumption.

Yet, despite personifying the generation gap, there is an endearingly old-fashioned quality to Sugg, who is bequiffed, pipe-cleaner skinny and wearing a cowboy hat and a wealth of silver jewellery. His sweet face looks shocked when I tell him that parents are now setting up Instagram accounts for their foetuses. “That’s so Black Mirror [Charlie Brooker’s tech-dystopia television series] it’s scary. I like human-to-human interaction. It sounds really harsh but when I have kids I’ll be like, ‘You can go on your iPad but you have to build a treehouse first.’ ”
Good luck with that, I think bitterly, as Sugg continues to explain how important his Strictly success was in giving him his TV break. I’m confused: aren’t vloggers intent on crushing the fusty BBC? “A lot of people will tell you TV’s dying, but it’s not true,” Sugg says earnestly, sipping on his elderflower cordial. “Even the biggest YouTubers in the world would like the legitimacy of being a TV star.”
Sugg was clearly shaken by the hostile reaction of some viewers to this upstart dancing alongside such entertainment legends as CBBC’s Dr Ranj Singh and the comedian Seann Walsh.
“Some people said they wouldn’t pay their licence fee if a nobody like me was on Strictly,” Sugg says. “It did feed into the impostor syndrome I sometimes get of, ‘Why me? Why was I chosen for this?’ When I did the Strictly launch, I was like, ‘Oh my God, I’m in a room with Faye Tozer [formerly of Steps] and Lee Ryan [of Blue]. But it made me feel like I was from the traditional world, that I was legit.”
During rehearsals, Sugg fell in love with his professional dance partner, Dianne Buswell. “Dianne’s my first proper girlfriend,” he confirms. At 27? “Other than, like, my pen pal from when I was 10 years old.” Previously, he fretted that a girlfriend might not want their relationship documented online. But Buswell (who has her dancing career to promote) is entirely game, forever appearing in Sugg’s videos, trying to solve his riddles and unpacking the Asos shopping he ordered for her. Recently the couple launched a YouTube cookery channel.
He also worried his fans might give any girlfriend the Yoko Ono treatment. “But luckily they loved Dianne from the very start of Strictly, so when they found out we were together."

Affairs of the heart apart, Sugg tells me delightedly that Strictly transformed his demographic. “It’s completely changed. I get stopped more in supermarkets by the older generation.” On cue, a middle-aged woman swoops down on our table, demanding a selfie.
It’s this grey-pound audience that Sugg is hoping to lure to theatres nationwide with the couple’s Joe and Dianne Show, which kicks off in March and, again, sounds almost defiantly old-school.
“It’s going to be a variety show of music, comedy and dance loosely based on a true love story,” he exclaims. His and Buswell’s? “Potentially,” he says coyly.
There’ll be dancing, singing (“I can hold a tune”) and plenty of jokes. It sounds as if he is positioning himself as a millennial Bruce Forsyth. “I’ve done YouTube tours before and the kids would love them, but I’d look towards the parents and they’d be sitting there looking really confused, like ‘What on earth is going on?’, so this time I want to give them a real performance.”
The son of a property developer and jewellery designer, Sugg left his comprehensive school after A-levels to become an apprentice thatcher, under his uncle Gary. Having always enjoyed making silly films with friends at weekends, he began uploading some onto a newfangled website called YouTube. “It was just a hobby. Then, no one imagined that this could be a career or how far it could go.”
Today, 52% of children say they would consider a career in online videos (just 13% want to be a doctor or nurse). “It’s a great job to aspire to, but they have to realise it’s a very saturated market,” Sugg warns. “We hit it at the right time but to get into it now is very hard.”
By the age of 22, he had 6m followers and a host of advertising and brand agencies clamouring to work with him.
“I was just about to tell my uncle, ‘Look, I’m ready to move on’ when he presented me with this second-hand Postman Pat van that I had to bump-start every morning to help with work. I felt so bad: I didn’t have it in me to say, ‘Thanks for the van but now I’m off,’ so I stayed on working with him for another three months, until my dad broke the news to him. He took it OK.”
Much of Sugg’s charm lies in the Cinderella-like excitement he displayed as he was introduced to a new world of adulation and freebies. “Audiences related to me arriving in a hotel room for an event put on by some company and being ridiculously excited because there were two sinks, or freaking out at being given goodie bags from Harry Potter World.”
Now he lives in a south London riverside penthouse but he still doesn’t appear jaded, saying he hates to jettison any of the tat that brands bombard him with. “I’m very nostalgic — as much as possible I like to keep everything. There’ll come a time when I’m older when I won’t be doing this kind of stuff and then I want to watch back old videos and go through all the stuff I was given.”
This theme of what will happen once his 15 minutes of fame are up underscores our conversation. Already, Sugg has started handing over power to the next generation. Last year, he and Lee set up a talent management company where, as creative director, Sugg comes up with content for the up-and-coming cyber-stars.
“It’s like how songwriters write songs for other people. Sometimes I’ll have a good idea and think: that’d be great for my channel but actually it would probably fit better with someone else. We know we won’t be the most popular YouTubers for ever — even now we’re not, compared to the main ones — but we were pioneers, in the sense that when we started no one else had done the business we’d done, and we can share that knowledge.” His eyes gleam. “My end goal is to create something that doesn’t even need my name attached to it.
“Since day one I’ve seen what I’m doing as like riding a big wave and I’ll ride it wherever it takes me,” he continues. “But if it all fizzles out, I tell my uncle at least I have a skill I can fall back on.”
Sorry I ended up quoting the wrong person! 🙉

Thanks for this!💓

What I always notice is how he bangs on about his demographic changing and gaining new, older viewers from strictly. Yet he has done nothing to engage with these people or try and keep them on his channel. Does he really think a mature audience wants to see him and his thirty year old girlfriend burping and farting, smelling each other's breath and feet, playing with hoovers and plastic bags, pathetic jump scares, balancing bananas on their face?? Dianne ready to perform like a circus act when King Joe snaps his fingers. Tell him to sod off woman! Good grief even writing that out makes me cringe. This "quality content" is what's contributing to the dropping numbers. Any self respecting person with more than half a brain does not want to see this drivel. He was just churning out these half assed vlogs for the sake of It to promote his new relationship exploiting show. To keep the minions hooked and getting their Joanne fix in a bid to secure ticket sales. From the sounds of it the show hasn't even been written yet, but they knew they had to make the announcement now since the initial hype surrounding them is disappearing. Of course they will have their deranged minions for validation. Tickets seem to range from about £33-£45 depending on the seat. Both of them really need to think about what their audience will actually want to see and not just pander to the obsessed teenyboppers on Stan Twitter/insta.

• Haha
Sorry I ended up quoting the wrong person! 🙉

Thanks for this!💓

What I always notice is how he bangs on about his demographic changing and gaining new, older viewers from strictly. Yet he has done nothing to engage with these people or try and keep them on his channel. Does he really think a mature audience wants to see him and his thirty year old girlfriend burping and farting, smelling each other's breath and feet, playing with hoovers and plastic bags, pathetic jump scares, balancing bananas on their face?? Dianne ready to perform like a circus act when King Joe snaps his fingers. Tell him to sod off woman! Good grief even writing that out makes me cringe. This "quality content" is what's contributing to the dropping numbers. Any self respecting person with more than half a brain does not want to see this drivel. He was just churning out these half assed vlogs for the sake of It to promote his new relationship exploiting show. To keep the minions hooked and getting their Joanne fix in a bid to secure ticket sales. From the sounds of it the show hasn't even been written yet, but they knew they had to make the announcement now since the initial hype surrounding them is disappearing. Of course they will have their deranged minions for validation. Tickets seem to range from about £33-£45 depending on the seat. Both of them really need to think about what their audience will actually want to see and not just pander to the obsessed teenyboppers on Stan Twitter/insta.
The show not been written yet, I’m gonna be a voice of reason for a second, and say that isn’t always unusual either with this kind of show. They take time to develop, write and hone. Hopefully, give them a year and the material won’t be completely cringe, but I’m not going to get my hopes up. But you’re right about not knowing who it’s all for. Who is the show aiming at, the minions/twitter stans or the middle aged Strictly viewers, they probably can’t appeal completely to both. It’s going to be tough to bring that all together and create a cohesive show. I suspect it will be a flopping mess.

The show not been written yet, I’m gonna be a voice of reason for a second, and say that isn’t always unusual either with this kind of show. They take time to develop, write and hone. Hopefully, give them a year and the material won’t be completely cringe, but I’m not going to get my hopes up. But you’re right about not knowing who it’s all for. Who is the show aiming at, the minions/twitter stans or the middle aged Strictly viewers, they probably can’t appeal completely to both. It’s going to be tough to bring that all together and create a cohesive show. I suspect it will be a flopping mess.
No, it's not unusual but no doubt they have been plotting this for a while. I just thought there would be a clearer structure as to what people are going to be parting with their hard earned cash for. Their announcement video was very vague yet they are counting on their fans to rush out and buy tickets for something they don't know anything about. So wholeheartedly trying to capitalise on their popularity alone. The article you posted did give me a bit more insight- where he says its "loosely" based on a true love story. I think this is a bad idea - the cheesy acting , cringe "comedy". It will be like some sickly teen rom com. Dianne is so wooden when trying to be funny, she isn't witty enough. I don't see this translating well to stage. There may be some forced pity laughs. They have a good production company behind them so there should be a good budget for a decent writer.

I've just unsubscribed from them on You Tube and unfollowed them on Insta. I've gone right off the pair of them 🤣🤣. I'll just come on here and read what's going on.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.