Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

d0llhouse

Just discovered her, so thanks for the thread and bio. Interesting to read about her property investments.

Selling a story about her deceased married lover was a particularly low moment. Here's a clue - if a man claims to be seperated, yet demonstrates no desire or inclination to introduce you to his family (including multiple children and grandchildren) after several years together, you're probably the mistress. Disingenuous would be generous.

As an aside, I fully respect that getting older is a privilege, but is 65 really considered middle-aged?

Reactions: 10

Mustard

VIP Member
Thank you for starting this thread.

She is extremely disingenuous. She tells everyone she doesn’t have a pension, or children, which is repeated ad nauseum, yet she owns three properties that are rented out - as she said in 2018, and lives in a third which she rents. She also loves to splash out on extremely expensive clothes and shoes including Stella McCartney items, all featured in her YouTube channel.
Her latest blog was advertising a website which had pound shop articles like Yankee Candles which are dangerous to burn around animals inside a house due to their toxicity.
She did get a lot of dissenting comments afterwards.
She also had a relationship with a married fellow presenter, George Wembley, for about five years. He died in 2011, after taking the drug Meow Meow. She claims not to have known that he was married, and said that if she had known then she would have shared him. 🤦‍♀️

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Jo Good has been broadcasting on BBC Radio London for many years, she currently hosts an afternoon show from 1.30 to 5pm on weekdays. Mention of her on the BBC Radio thread on Tattle prompted the creation of this thread.

She started vlogging on YouTube a couple of years ago as MiddleAgedMinx (25,000 followers on YT, 14,000 on IG), positioning herself as a fashion, beauty and lifestyle influencer. She has stated that vlogging is her passion and becoming an influencer is her plan B alternative career. She has partnered with various companies on YouTube and she often mentions her commercial vlogs to her BBC listeners. She calls her mother and her dog clickbait.

You’ll not have to listen to her radio show for long to hear her declare that she lives in Marylebone, is 65 years old, used to live in Brighton, has an English bulldog called Matilda, drives everywhere in her Mini, is a yogi, doesn't cook, went to secondary school in Australia, was a dancer, went to drama school, used to be an actress on Crossroads, toured the world with Derek Nimmo, is a show off, loves the city and couldn't leave London, loves the country and wants to live in nature, is an old hippie who lives by the seat of her pants financially with no pension (despite being landlord of at least one property, buying designer clothes and £70 jars of Manuka honey). She will pronounce the names of each guest in at least three different ways, occasionally getting it right. She unashamedly admits that she steers interviews to make it all about her. She loves interviewing influencers on her BBC show (eg Saccone Jolys, Sali Hughes, Louise Pentland), always gushing furiously and managing to mention her vlog, presumably to direct traffic to her own SM from the influencers' devoted followers.

Her vlog on YouTube shows her driving around with her blind, elderly dog unsecured in the vehicle, this despite being a "dog expert" having co-authored the book "Barking Blondes" and featuring a weekly dog-lovers' segment on her radio show called "The Barking Hour". One vlog episode shows her leaving her dog unattended in her car while she went to an osteopath appointment in Notting Hill. When a YouTube commenter mentioned this she dismissed it, saying she was parked just outside. The car was, quite obviously, parked at the start of Portobello Road, approximately150 metres from, and not in sight of, the upstairs clinic on Pembridge Road.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Minniemousesshoes

i only discovered her a couple of months ago thanks to the youtube algorithm.

I'm oddly mesmerised by her.

I will say she's good to her mum and i like the way she spends time with her.

BUT - unless shes planning to live to 120+ she is not middle aged.
In one vlog she said to Gurpreet that she would NEVER be a feminist - ahem, if it weren't for feminism she wouldn't be able to live the life she is living.
The ads and not declaring is ridiculous.
She went to visit a house in a vlog I saw recently and Matilda pee'd in the house - she said she cleaned it up but I'd be surprised if she really did. Would she have cleaning stuff in her car? she doesn't even clean her flat.
I hate the angle she holds the camera - it's almost 2 feet above her and looks ridiculous.
Not having a pension - she's only 65 and I think she has been freelance/ a jobbing actor all her life, but as freelance you generally get paid more and one of the reasons is you have to sort your own pension out - to not have a pension and she's only 14 years older than me is not something to be proud of.
there are many other things that annoy me - but yes, I'm still oddly fascinated. In another universe I would love to live a childless life in the middle of london (but I do like my child full life just as it is too)

It's a shame- it would be good to have more women her age on youtube vlogging/ going about their lives etc. Especially those from her era who were mainly dropped from tv etc after a certain age.

Last edited:

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
For the benefit of those who've not been over on the BBC Radio thread, I'll fill in here with some bits from there...

She often drives while filming for her vlog: ...filming herself and looking into the camera while driving along the Marylebone Road. She was driving westbound from Baker Street, took the slip lane to Edgware Road, then crossed it onto the lane that leads towards Paddington Station. She was looking left into the camera as she was approaching the point where traffic enters on the right from the flyover, all the while talking to the camera and trying to pay attention to her satnav. I am surprised such a professional Londoner needs a satnav to get from Marylebone to her destination of Kensal Rise which is barely 3 miles away but if she was unsure she should not have been filming while trying to faff her way there. If an accident had taken place her behaviour might well be considered as driving without due care and attention.

Dog expert: Not long ago Jo Good was interviewing the vet Bruce (father of Ben) Fogle about his new book. He is/was her vet and said that he remembered when she got her dog that he thought she was a "naive owner", or words to that effect. It seemed as if he felt she'd seen a dog type she fancied and rushed to a breeder to buy one before she'd looked into the characteristics and health issues associated with the breed. She tried to laugh it off but I'm sure she was pee'd off as it doesn't tally too well with her professional dog broadcaster act. She bought her dog a long time ago but I bet if she were to get one nowadays she'd be "sourcing a rescue" and virtue signalling all the way.

Interviewing Mrs Hinch last week: That interview yesterday was just awful. JG often brings up trolling when talking to influencers, and then of course turns it to herself, this time she mentioned that she is too old to be bothered by trolling. Unless she's referring to being contacted directly by "trolls", I'm not aware of much mention or criticism of her online, unless I don't know where to look. There is only scant mention of her on Tattle and her YT comments are almost universally fawning.

Her radio interview yesterday on the subject of scams: ...someone so inept as Jo Good is being allowed to cover the subject of scams, she is surely adding to the confusion instead of helping her listeners as she is purporting to do as some sort of community service. She spends so much time asking "who would do such a thing" when the answer is simply criminals. She says she doesn't want to scare people but she is so busy conflating phone scams, eBay rip-offs, phishing, street hustles and consumer issues that she is surely rendering her listeners more even bewildered and worried. She has referred her listeners to "trustedpilot" (sic) to find out if a website is genuine - any scammers worth their salt would be busy setting up a site in this name to profit from confused listeners finding their way there.

Her listeners were already confused enough: ...the listener who bought tat from China via Facebook that arrived not-as-advertised, was your standard "oh dear poor thing" piece but then came the revelation that she'd done so three times. One item was "ivy already on a fence" that was actually measured in inches rather than feet, and a rottweiler holding a dish, which I think was also smaller than expected.

Povvo shopping, possibly in response to criticism of her big-spending: ... #AD She said she ordered from that site as she has no pound shops near where she lives. She's very close to Church Street market where you can buy all manner of similar bargain bits, and Camden is not far either. There is also a Poundland on Portobello Rd close to where she parked to go to the osteopath. She says she sticks to a limited diet (mainly fish cakes and terrible soup) so certainly wouldn't eat the multi-packs of sweets featured, and she has a cleaner so would not use the cleaning products, nor would she need the garlic chopper as she proudly doesn't cook.

Just to be clear, I would have no issue with her owning 3 properties, or 300 hundred properties, I just can't abide the hypocrisy of her playing poor when it suits.

Reactions: 7

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Jo Good narc alert. MAM often proudly mentions that she answers most of the comments and questions on her You Tube vlogs. As her standard reply is "thanks x" she replies mainly to compliments. She only bothers with a longer response to ask the commenter to help increase her following, without the courtesy of answering a question posed.

I can imagine her thinking "that'll do" when she sends her perfunctory replies, after all her subbies should be thrilled by any little crumb of attention from busy MAM.

20210213_073428.jpg

• Heart

Catwoman

VIP Member
I think it's the height of rudeness and very unprofessional to admit (and make a meal of it by repeating it again later) she hadn't read the book and that she was more interested in Netflix.

Mustard

VIP Member
I thought the same thing. And, why would you go running in winceyette pyjamas when she was gifted the running gear from the Chinese company? She just likes using the word winceyette. She was probably hoping to be filmed by one of the cameras crew so she could pirouette and big up her YT channel. 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Lululime

VIP Member
Thank you for starting this thread.....it’s not just me who finds this lady disingenuous then...phew....
I did see someone in her comments describe her as “ the oldest spoiled brat on YouTube” and for me that sums it up perfectly. She is so rude to some people and so then so sickeningly sycophantic to others. Her “posing” in outfits reminds me of the sort of thing one saw in Littlewoods catalogue circa 1982.....

• Haha

Mustard

VIP Member
She’s discussing childlessness and asks who will look after her when she’s old? Her friend’s children or her godchildren? Then she says Gosh, she better pay more attention to them.

• Haha
  • Sad

Mustard

VIP Member
So depressing to be shilling shampoo with stickers on the bottle. Shampoo for grown up toddlers. Does Filipe get a cut? Were his bottles free? She’s undoubtedly hoping for many more punters who will blindly trust her.

• Haha
  • Heart

Lululime

VIP Member
She is what my mother would have called “affected” and imo offers minimal content combined with maximum “ begging”.....sad, very sad...

obsessivelocust

Was that the lady who called who got emotional and neither Simon nor Jo were empathetic, just spoke over her. 🙄
The caller was about to go into more detail about her caring duties but MAM obviously felt that was too dull and tells her not to get emotional because she'll 'start her and Simon off' (upstage them), before proceeding to wax lyrical about how great and lucky she and Simon are with the caller relegated to occasional noises of agreement. She really is a narcissist.

• Sad

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
I think Jo needs to try and keep track of her lies. In her latest vlog she says she doesn't run and is jealous of joggers, she's too old to start running because she is worried about her knees. Was it not a couple of months ago that Jo was pounding the streets of Marylebone showing off her new workout clothes? Has she forgotten about that already?