Jo Good #11 Wants out of BBC, craves luxe all the way, options are limited, at the Beeb she must stay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just looked at the comments, a few have bought blankets.

There is a comment there from an ex nurse working nightshifts who got ill and she had to give up work . She is equating her situation with MAM’s. They are completely different and the delusion that they are the same is strong.

You can see how cults start. People are so susceptible to manipulation. You would imagine a nurse has the judgement to make an informed decision so my sympathy towards her susceptibility is somewhat limited for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Good GRIEF- the blanket acting (with at least seven orgasmic OH MY GOSHES - the only phrase this plum seems to know) was Uber-cringe…
---
Also - meagre portions again for three/four people again - I’m sure I’d be delighted to have schlepped all the way from Majorca for a tiny portion of lasagne and one pastry!

• Haha
  • Heart
You have articulated that so well and have the 'measure' of her and her shenanigans;)
Thanks, and it was @House of Tea who initially mentioned she's unaware of her privilege.

Just looked at the comments, a few have bought blankets.

There is a comment there from an ex nurse working nightshifts who got ill and she had to give up work . She is equating her situation with MAM’s. They are completely different and the delusion that they are the same is strong.

You can see how cults start. People are so susceptible to manipulation. You would imagine a nurse has the judgement to make an informed decision so my sympathy towards her susceptibility is somewhat limited for her.
How can that poor ill nurse compare her service to MAM's?

I bet some followers buy things just so they can get on the comments and tell her, to stand out among the other acolytes like when followers try to gain the attention of the cult leader for a big old oxytocin hit. I agree that these people are adults and can spend their money as they wish but it wouldn't harm GOB's image if she actually engaged more thoughtfully. Did she even notice the commenter who bought the pricey imported haircare and other things, who then, more than once, mentioned her money issues? I'd feel bad reading that and would worry the person was someone with a shopping addiction or other issues. I'd have to send a little welfare message, something like "thanks for sharing about your circumstances, I'm glad you're happier now but it must be a challenge with a reduced income, I appreciate your support of the brands I promote but please make sure it's managable within your budget!" But I suppose why bother when a "thnksxxx" will suffice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
On yesterday's radio show from Crufts I was shocked to hear GOB read out out the official BBC Radio London Instagram handle, where they were posting pictures of the event.

This struck me as very unusual, we all know that she usually give listeners her own personal social media account details (and Anna Webb's) ostensibly so that listeners can see a photo of Myrtle/Regent's Park/her newdress/whatever, but it's actually to lure listeners to their social media advertising.

Perhaps OG producer Anna Fitzgibbon is getting tough, now that the Beeb's social media policy is being looked at closely due to the Gary Lineker thing. Putting the politics of his comments aside, at least he never broadcast his personal social media handle, or his opinions, on BBC airtime time, unlike Jo Good who does it any chance she gets.

On the Crufts show yesterday she interviewed reps from Paleo Ridge, the dog food company she has an ad for on her IG, and is an ambassador for.

Fair play to her, she has got those subs wrapped around her finger! The comments just love her.

They are all telling her that her work hours are ridiculous. Have they never heard of shift workers whose schedules are all over the place including nights. She does a few hours 4 nights a week, and an afternoon.

Someone has suggested she opens her own radio station. Yes, so easy to do. Narc FM.
---
Edited to say, in fairness Mary Jo from Idaho, and Louella from Tampa will have no clue about what she does in her day job for the BBC, once a prestigious global corporation now busy wrecking its franchises and eating itself. She has always been regional but it was for a high profile brand. If the likes of Steve Wright have still not found a high profile job, MAM will struggle too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
I think GOB set up a stooge caller on Monday night's show, some guy from Worthing, maybe from her south coast posse. As soon as the intro music finished she said she had a caller. He got on air and answered GOB's question about the windy weather but then launched into a speil about her YouTube channel, about her "should-I-stay-or-should-I-go" performance. He was saying how real it was, GOB pretended she considered not showing it in the vlog - yeah right, she didn't do the full sad-face act for it to end up on the cutting room floor. He compared her situation to Gary Lineker, she picked up on that, saying some people are indispensable, others dispensable. Waaahhhh!

Who shows up to work and keeps saying (publically!!!) how tit work is??? Since September 2021??? What a bleeping attention-seeking palaver, just resign FFS!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Frankly I’m sick of hearing about her bloody job!😁 There’s real potential there with Chewin the Fat… but this radio show is becoming so painful with the constant whining. Wish Mel would just push her out the window at this point…🙄

• Haha
After Steven Allen's abrupt mystery departure from LBC, his loony stans apparently descended on Twickenham o_O . Probably hoping to see him in the flesh but he's not been around so they've been bothering the local shopkeepers he always mentioned and dropping off gifts, unsurprisingly the shopkeepers are sick of it 🤣 I don't think it's known where he is, nothing heard from him except one tweet a few days ago, showing pricey tomatoes in a fancy-looking deli.

Perhaps GOB's sad-face vlog/IG post saying she might leave the radio is her breadcrumbing, in hope of a similar response if she goes soon. As @House of Tea said, her situation is nothing like Gary Lineker's but by leaving now she could milk the current high-profile anti-BBC vibe and elicit maximum sympathy as a "victim". She could then disappear to the south coast for a while and return to collect piles of gifts and cards from Sandra, Oh Pioneers, Waitrose and Agnes B.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I don’t think MAM is leaving the station completely. She will be doing a once a week dog show airing on the weekend possibly pre-recorded. She is dropping clues that is the case. She wants to look like it is totally her decision, but it won’t be.

A few weeks back when Anna and her were going into the BBC studios to record her Sunday afternoon show, they said something about Sunday being where it’s at or something like that, and exchanged a look. And since then, more hints about her flat being too small, the lights being too dim and now her poor health. I think she will be on the move too. She might be renting a more luxurious apartment in Marylebone or moving somewhere different with more space to fit in with those other influencers she admires so much. Her days as a BBC radio presenter are coming to an end. I think they were expecting her to quit when they sidelined her. No such thing as loyalty in that game. You are in until you are out.

Reactions: 5
On Chewin' last night JP Devlin announced he was being made redundant, later this year. MAM had assumed that everyone on the panel was freelance. JP (works mainly on Radio 4) corrected her, and said he was not. At least that means he will get some sort of redundancy deal. Sad though.
MAM's phone in was about having nothing in her home for a young visitor to play with. Sandra saved the day with paper and crayons.:rolleyes:
If she knew Elisa and her the little one were visiting, why didn't she get a few sticker books, puzzles herself. After all she has her hairdresser visit with a kid. Thoughtless. No doubt will be in the vlog. Sandra (my skivvy) saves the day.

On Chewin' last night JP Devlin announced he was being made redundant, later this year. MAM had assumed that everyone on the panel was freelance. JP (works mainly on Radio 4) corrected her, and said he was not. At least that means he will get some sort of redundancy deal. Sad though.
MAM's phone in was about having nothing in her home for a young visitor to play with. Sandra saved the day with paper and crayons.:rolleyes:
If she knew Elisa and her the little one were visiting, why didn't she get a few sticker books, puzzles herself. After all she has her hairdresser visit with a kid. Thoughtless. No doubt will be in the vlog. Sandra (my skivvy) saves the day.
Wouldn't it be usual for the mum to bring some toys/colouring books etc with her. Many little kids have backpacks with their favourite things which they bring with them when visiting.

I'm no fan of MAM whatsoever, but in this instance I don't think it's incumbant on her to provide kids things. I agree it would be nice but lets face it, can you see Jo going out to buy stuff for a child...no chance;)

• Haha
Wouldn't it be usual for the mum to bring some toys/colouring books etc with her. Many little kids have backpacks with their favourite things which they bring with them when visiting.

I'm no fan of MAM whatsoever, but in this instance I don't think it's incumbant on her to provide kids things. I agree it would be nice but lets face it, can you see Jo going out to buy stuff for a child...no chance;)
True. But then again she is a terrible host. Her food and beverage offerings are just embarrassing. This is a sixty eight year old woman. MAM is inconsiderate. Actually a complete narc.;)

• Heart
True. But then again she is a terrible host. Her food and beverage offerings are just embarrassing. This is a sixty eight year old woman. MAM is inconsiderate. Actually a complete narc.;)
Oh I hear you Miss LDN, and absolutely no shade to you whatsoever, I should have said that if she can't adequately host a simple supper with proper food, how would she be caring enough to cater for a little child. Elisa needs to bring toys etc for her little girl if she is bringing her with her on jobs.

• Heart
With the hospitality on offer at that house, that poor child would have been lucky with a glass of water, a bag of crisps and a dog chew 😂

• Haha
Oh I hear you Miss LDN, and absolutely no shade to you whatsoever, I should have said that if she can't adequately host a simple supper with proper food, how would she be caring enough to cater for a little child. Elisa needs to bring toys etc for her little girl if she is bringing her with her on jobs.
I used to enjoy her vlogs " Van and a pram " then they just stopped. Is the family back in London for good now ?

Reactions: 1
On Chewin' last night JP Devlin announced he was being made redundant, later this year. MAM had assumed that everyone on the panel was freelance. JP (works mainly on Radio 4) corrected her, and said he was not...
Interesting about JP, I think it's only the real old timers at the BBC who are employees.

I used to enjoy her vlogs " Van and a pram " then they just stopped. Is the family back in London for good now ?
Yes, I liked the vlogs I saw when they first started. GOB said that they now live in Spain and the boy is now 4 years old and bilingual so I think it was just a visit.

I've just watched the latest blog and it's the first I've seen in months as like most vloggers they become very repetitive.
I cannot get over how ill Jo looks, she looks thinner than ever and if she is taking her preventative inhalers she shouldn't be wheezing just walking on the flat, maybe up a steep hill. I would say lack of proper nutrition is killing her.

• Sad
I've just watched the latest blog and it's the first I've seen in months as like most vloggers they become very repetitive.
I cannot get over how ill Jo looks, she looks thinner than ever and if she is taking her preventative inhalers she shouldn't be wheezing just walking on the flat, maybe up a steep hill. I would say lack of proper nutrition is killing her.
I think she is resisting her change in working conditions. She lacks sleep because of it. She goes to bed late but still gets up early to go out and about during the day. Plus her dog needs it’s breakfast and a morning walk. She really needs to adjust her day to fit in more sleep. Nourishment isn’t the only fundamental key to wellbeing, I would imagine she eats healthy stuff but not necessarily a lot of it judging by the portions she offers her guests. If she is let go from her daily show, it may be a healthy fresh start for her. She still seems energetic though despite her recent wheezing. Look at the fast pace she achieved in her Instagram series for Marylebone Village or the Sheerluxe A Day in the Life of Jo Good. No hint of asthma constraints then.

Edit - I do think she is going to use her health as a reason she has stopped doing her show. I think she is trying to save face, i.e it was her choice, not that she was let go and a decision made by them. It would be a real blow to the ego. But the BBC seems intent on pushing away it’s core demographic listener and she is just collateral damage to them.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.