Jo Good #11 Wants out of BBC, craves luxe all the way, options are limited, at the Beeb she must stay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why on earth did she get a puppy at her age and lifestyle? I adopted my dog at 13 weeks old from a rescue who had taken in her mother and brothers and sister. I was exhausted for the first few years and I was only 47 at the time. They require a lot of energy even the bulldog breed. Had she not done that she could maybe have adjusted her body clock to the new radio show hours over time. Also don’t her bosses watch the vlog? Or have someone else watch for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I personally am not keen on the hot pink. MAM was going for the 'look at me', trouser swoot. I think she said it was from Theory. Wonder if she ordered it, and will return it after the Marylebone gig. That would be pricey otherwise. Again copying the young lux vlogger's.
So now we know where blanket phone in started. I'm sure she said she had ordered herself a Merino wool blanket. Mmm really? More like Nige got some start up company to send you a £150 freebie, for a mention on the flog. Even her talking about the tones (sounds just like Lydia Millen) and oh goshing orgasmically, was cringe. Only a matter of time before Mert pees on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have to admit as much as she irritates me, I totally feel for her going out to work when others are going to bed, I’m a few years off her age and I know how I need my bed in a decent time of an evening. She actually looked like she was going to cry. I know we can say it’s her own fault for not planning her retirement but I think there are many in that boat who are self employed and it’s not like she’s had a huge income as she’s not an A lister personality. But for her to retire will mean a huge change in her living circumstances and that’s what I think she is struggling with.

Reactions: 11
The pink suit was elegant and a perfectly proportioned fit for Jo. Much better than the voluminous stuff she likes to flounce around in. Vlog was quite sad and downbeat, didn’t watch all.

I quite liked the hot pink suit because it fits her better than most of her wardrobe.

I can't believe I was chump enough to think the blanket chat on the radio show was just a boring weather-related phone-in topic. Like @Miss LDN I thought she implied she'd bought it. I really should've known better, of course the ol' grabber had it gifted as part of a promo.

Something seems off to me about free blankets being given to undeserving cases at the moment, it's still so cold and many can't manage the extortionate heating costs so to flexing being given such an item is gross. She should've opened a corner of the wrapping, waxed lyrical about the material and the company and resealed it to donate to an appropriate charity. I felt the same way about her filming the gaggle of posh girls in Austria who thought it such a lark to do head stands in the snow in their yoga gear, doing it for a few seconds then running back into the cosy schloss. They wanna try being broke, then see how their "wellness" benefits when they're cold every second of the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The vlog title about "my future" is more click bait and the sad-face footage going in to work is sympathy bait, she will be basking in the many "poor you, nasty BBC" comments she's receiving. With narcs everything that goes wrong for them is always someone else's fault.

If you don't like a job's pay or conditions and can't negotiate a better deal you leave and find something else. My take is that she could've left that job well before now if it's affecting her health that badly. How? Well, we all know her pay at that local station is not very much, and probably equates more-or-less with what she admits to spending on very expensive clothes (eg dresses at £1.6k bags at £2k, shoes £600, boots £1.2k etc).

If I were feeling that poorly in my job but could prioritise my health by taking a cut in income, where the compromise was that I could afford only to shop at thrift shops or low-end high-street, I know what I'd do. It's actually tragic that her need to own designer items is keeping her in a job that she blames almost entirely for her ill-health and fatigue.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@VeeJayBee It was clickbait. How many times has she hinted at leaving? Same with the moving out of London phase. When they moved her to the night shift, of course she wan't happy, but then bragged about how it would be a bit edgy, with emphasis on London night life. George is not around to do the donkey work. Then it became all about Chewin' as a podcast. Now it's just scraping the barrel, blanket and gate phone in's. With only a few odd bod caller's (Peter from W'Hampstead, trolley dolly woman from Bournemouth, and Phillip from Amsterdam). Gripping stuff.
I have no sympathy for her no pension woes. If she really wanted to sort it out, she could have. Owns more than one property. Has no dependants.
The reality is brutal in media/showbiz. Steve Wright, Ken Bruce, Simon Mayo etc. That's why she hates Vanessa so much, who timed it right.
It's time to move on, her ego won't let her.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
GOB and Anna Webb played a Harry Styles track at (creepy) Crufts, said he's a dog lover. I was reminded of this

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
That suit really looked well on her. A bit puzzled that she said she the sleeves and leg length fitted. The trousers were fine, but she had tucked the sleeves up and it spoiled the sharp look.

I think the decision about leaving her radio show has already been made for her, these forthcoming local radio changes do not include her. She will be doing her Sunday show. She keeps mentioning live radio. So it may well be that she is given a recorded series on a particular topic, dogs perhaps. She is dropping breadcrumbs all the time, hinting, trying to save face. I wouldn’t want to work those hours either, however she has options and an income outside of her BBC employment. Her new suit cost £580. However she has stuck it out because she needs the validation of being a BBC employee.

I think her asthma would be better if she stopped walking at speed and trying to talk at the same time. Luckily her cleaner uses the toxic cleaning products so she doesn’t have to!

Mutti would love that blanket. So much blather about it!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I have to admit as much as she irritates me, I totally feel for her going out to work when others are going to bed, I’m a few years off her age and I know how I need my bed in a decent time of an evening. She actually looked like she was going to cry. I know we can say it’s her own fault for not planning her retirement but I think there are many in that boat who are self employed and it’s not like she’s had a huge income as she’s not an A lister personality. But for her to retire will mean a huge change in her living circumstances and that’s what I think she is struggling with.
I'm not unsympathetic at anyone having to work late hours. However, I can't be a hypocrite, I find her recent moaning about her job a tad insufferable.

I've spent most of my working life working unsociable and mad hours, but it was my career and I just got on with it, until I couldn't cope anymore and got another position that afforded me daytime hours, with the occasional night shift.

Perhaps if MAM budgeted wisely and stopped with her incessant and ott spending on designer items, she wouldn't have to work on the late shift, also it's not like she has to endure a12 hour shift in a hospital for little pay and make her own way home. She's ferried home by taxi.

I'm afraid my sympathy for her is in short supply.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm not unsympathetic at anyone having to work late hours. However, I can't be a hypocrite, I find her recent moaning about her job a tad insufferable.

I've spent most of my working life working unsociable and mad hours, but it was my career and I just got on with it, until I couldn't cope anymore and got another position that afforded me daytime hours, with the occasional night shift.

Perhaps if MAM budgeted wisely and stopped with her incessant and ott spending on designer items, she wouldn't have to work on the late shift, also it's not like she has to endure a12 hour shift in a hospital for little pay and make her own way home. She's ferried home by taxi.

I'm afraid my sympathy for her is in short supply.
I think she is genuinely unaware of how privileged she is. There will be people watching her, feeling sorry for her, and living in very straightened circumstances themselves. Liz Jones who also has an over reliance on expensive things, when facing bankruptcy, was being sent money by pensioners. People buy into someone, and it takes a lot to change their opinions even if the evidence is strong that they are living a privileged life far removed from themselves. It’s interesting from a psychological perspective.
---
Her asthma sounds terrible. I hope she’s taking her medication
Living near Marylebone/Euston Road is not great for asthma.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I know what you mean. I used to do night shifts as part of my nurse training and I used to cry getting ready to leave….then again it was 3 back to back 12 hour shifts 😆

Reactions: 7
I think she is genuinely unaware of how privileged she is. There will be people watching her, feeling sorry for her, and living in very straightened circumstances themselves. Liz Jones who also has an over reliance on expensive things, when facing bankruptcy, was being sent money by pensioners. People buy into someone, and it takes a lot to change their opinions even if the evidence is strong that they are living a privileged life far removed from themselves. It’s interesting from a psychological perspective.
You're right @House of Tea about the psychological perspective on this - and that other narc designer-lover Liz Jones is a good example. One of GOB's commenters said if they were a millionaire they would take care of her, this is typical of the parasocial relationships many followers develop, and which vloggers/influencers/whatever are happy to exploit. GOB goes on about her loyal community, but is glad they expect nothing but the odd "thsnkyouxxx" reply, the lucky few who get a reply probably feel very special as a result.

GOB knows how to elicit maximum sympathy, she could've sat on her sofa and done a piece to camera explaining that her work is affecting her health (I don't doubt that it is). Instead she chose to film herself on a cold dark street, compromising her personal security being distracted with an expensive camera on display, looking pitifully into the lense, wheezing, ending by announcing that she's bravely soldiering on into work.

• Heart
I thought with this cost of living crisis there would be a demise of influencers. But the reverse seems to be true. People gawping at people better off than them. A bit like the royal family. Not suggesting she is on a par with them. But the principle.

Reactions: 3
I thought with this cost of living crisis there would be a demise of influencers. But the reverse seems to be true. People gawping at people better off than them. A bit like the royal family. Not suggesting she is on a par with them. But the principle.
Yes, interesting comparison, perhaps it's the need to live vicariously through others, a glimpse of what they might never expect to experience, which is no problem if it cheers them up and they don't get suckered in to buying crap and thinking she's their friend. One of GOB's regulars commented on the recent vlog that she too is in her 60s and single and scaled back for her health but it means money is tight. This same person has previously said they've bought items on Jo's recommendation (including paying £60 for shampoo and conditioner to be shipped to the UK from the USA) as they trust what she says. They obviously don't understand she is just a GOB for hire. Meanwhile Jo "sustain-a-billy-tee" Good happily accepts affiliate commissions, I'm sure this poor woman's hair was no better or worse than if she'd bought a quality shampoo from up the street.

• Heart
Her acting was atrocious as she reacted to the Blanket. Not surprised the roles dried up.

Any company that would 'gift' MAM an expensive blanket, especially in these difficult times, is an immediate turn off.

I appreciate any company may do as they wish to advertise but this doesn't sit well with me. Giving free gifts to someone who quite clearly can afford to buy ridiculously expensive clothing is just so off.

• Heart
Yes, interesting comparison, perhaps it's the need to live vicariously through others, a glimpse of what they might never expect to experience, which is no problem if it cheers them up and they don't get suckered in to buying crap and thinking she's their friend. One of GOB's regulars commented on the recent vlog that she too is in her 60s and single and scaled back for her health but it means money is tight. This same person has previously said they've bought items on Jo's recommendation (including paying £60 for shampoo and conditioner to be shipped to the UK from the USA) as they trust what she says. They obviously don't understand she is just a GOB for hire. Meanwhile Jo "sustain-a-billy-tee" Good happily accepts affiliate commissions, I'm sure this poor woman's hair was no better or worse than if she'd bought a quality shampoo from up the street.
That’s awful. They are adults I guess, with free choice, but it does make you pause for thought. We live in crazy times.

Her acting was atrocious as she reacted to the Blanket. Not surprised the roles dried up.

Any company that would 'gift' MAM an expensive blanket, especially in these difficult times, is an immediate turn off.

I appreciate any company may do as they wish to advertise but this doesn't sit well with me. Giving free gifts to someone who quite clearly can afford to buy ridiculously expensive clothing is just so off.
This proves how tone-deaf and unself-aware she is. A blanket is such a symbolic item but GOB would never think about it in relation to anyone except herself. As has already been said, she's likely completely unaware of her privilege, she probably compares herself to rich-girl influencers and the wealthy Marylebone widows she sees everyday so is sending herself broke and making herself ill trying to keep up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
This proves how tone-deaf and unself-aware she is. A blanket is such a symbolic item but GOB would never think about it in relation to anyone except herself. As has already been said, she's likely completely unaware of her privilege, she probably compares herself to rich-girl influencers and the wealthy Marylebone widows she sees everyday so is sending herself broke and making herself ill trying to keep up.
You have articulated that so well and have the 'measure' of her and her shenanigans;)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.