Jo Good #11 Wants out of BBC, craves luxe all the way, options are limited, at the Beeb she must stay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gotta watch the vlog now, has Filipe inserted a trippy flashback horror sequence?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The difference between MAM’s skin at the end of her stay in Austria to the beginning of the schloss was marked. But that isn’t because of any products you put on, it’s about being in clean fresh air, good food, restful sleep, exercise and laughter. That’s what we all need but rarely get. Just like a lot of vloggers, it must be hard to keep a straight face when one week you are pushing one range, then the next another.

When I blunder into someone’s conversation, I am embarrassed and beat a hasty retreat. The chutzpah, if you can call it that, was astonishing. Nothing gets in the way of the camera.

The boxer dog was lovely.

Dave is an odd bloke. If you wanted to totally relax with blinds down eating junk food and watching junk telly, what is the point of travelling all that way, avoiding sunlight and fresh air. You know, each to their own but why not book an air b n bhere, somewhere nice in UK, pull the blinds down, watch shite tv here. A lot of trouble to go to to not move outside the door. Mel was definitely not happy about being on camera.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The Instagram account of Marylebone Village confirms that they have "partnered" with Jo Good (see screenshot). To be clear, "Marylebone Village" is not a local community group but is Maryebone Village Ltd, who are part of the vast Howard De Walden Estate.

20230308_091439.jpg

20230308_093103.jpg

Surely - as Jo Good heavily promotes this company on her BBC Radio London show -she should declare her interest to her listeners ie that she has a commercial arrangement with "Marylebone Village".

GOB continues promoting them on her radio show as if it's a communty service and her interest is simply as an enthusiastic local resident.
At the start of her radio show last night she blatantly directed listeners to her social media accounts, as well as to the Instagram of Marylebone Village, where we are urged find inspiring stories of local business women, cynically using the cover of International Women's Day. The content is actually video promotion of various luxury retail stores on the Estate, albeit female-run.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Anyone hear the post office episode? 'Journalist' Minge, does not know where Utrecht is. This time she didn't blame her Australian education, where they only had one atlas with Australia in.🙂
---
I bet Myrtle had a good sniff of the hems when GOB got back.
They look like the dungarees she wore in the Crossroads garage.

• Haha
Anyone hear the post office episode? 'Journalist' Minge, does not know where Utrecht is. This time she didn't blame her Australian education, where they only had one atlas with Australia in.🙂
---

They look like the dungarees she wore in the Crossroads garage.
I have ony just now heard that bit! Her entitled, attention-seeking act in Baker Street Post Office, pissed off the people in the queue didn't "engage" with her!

For those who didn't hear, she went to the counter to send a letter to "The Utrecht". The assistant asked where that was - I'm sure he knew but probably wondered why someone came to a counter not knowing what country they;re sending someting to. She asked him to Google it using his phone, when he declined she turned to the queue of 20 and asked them!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Anna Webb was on BBC RL about 6.50 this morning (Jim Davis in for Jason Rosam). She has partnered with Skoda to compile a playlist of tunes for dogs in the car, for Crufts, the tracks apparently chosen to be relaxing due to the beats-per-minute.

As Anna Webb is just a contributor to BBC RL and not a contracted presenter she is free to mention the car company, which she did more than once. Compare this to GOB, who is contracted to the BBC, and has commercial arrangements with many companies, she also promotes these on air but neglects to disclose that she is in partnership with them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Anna Webb was on BBC RL about 6.50 this morning (Jim Davis in for Jason Rosam). She has partnered with Skoda to compile a playlist of tunes for dogs in the car, for Crufts, the tracks apparently chosen to be relaxing due to the beats-per-minute.

As Anna Webb is just a contributor to BBC RL and not a contracted presenter she is free to mention the car company, which she did more than once. Compare this to GOB, who is contracted to the BBC, and has commercial arrangements with many companies, she also promotes these on air but neglects to disclose that she is in partnership with them.
I don't understand, as a dog lover and behaviorist, how Anna can affiliate herself with Crufts and not mention the problems that Matilda and most flat nosed dogs experience.

I'm afraid it's a big turn off for me.

• Heart
I don't understand, as a dog lover and behaviorist, how Anna can affiliate herself with Crufts and not mention the problems that Matilda and most flat nosed dogs experience.

I'm afraid it's a big turn off for me.
I know, it's sickening, this has been discussed on these threads in past years. I find Crufts so creepy and cult-like, Anna Webb is like a dog zombie and, like Jo Good, loves to follow the ££.

AW said that the whole Sunday afternoon Jo Good show will come from Crufts. The BBC stopped televising Crufts as it had become too controversial due to the issues of in-breeding, yet somehow BBC Radio London is now supporting it, presumably after being encourged by a presenter and/or contributor who benefit professionally from this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
It is odd that the tv side of the BBC won’t promote Crufts, but BBC local radio will. I doubt MAM will be the only BBC local radio show covering it, particularly in the area of the show ground. It shows disjointed decision making in what is supposed to be one corporation. I know it is now televised on Channel 4 still, which is a bit odd too. You would think with that channel’s woke credentials they wouldn’t show it either.

I must confess to having had a lot of ignorance about crufts, thought it was just a cute and fluffy show, I used to tune in, until that documentary that this article also references. I didn’t realise that pedigree dog breeding was born out of Eugenics.

More on the documentary

More on Crufts

• Heart
A potentially embarrassing moment that was glossed through last night on Chewin’ The Fat: one of the guests lives in a building where another tenant who is a dog owner had been letting their dogs use the lift as a toilet. GOB failed to mention her and Myrtle’s escapades on their own roof….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
So last night's show was painful. MAM claimed she was having an asthma attack on air. It had taken her ages to walk in, but the show must go on. Can't miss another shift after Mert's very expensive vet's bill. Must have bought some more ugly shoes. Coughing, wheezing and spluttering, blaming it on stress. Nasty old BBC stuck me on the night shift, and I now need and inhaler. The Harley Street acupuncture cured it. Then the torture of being alone in a freebie treatment chamber, cured it. Not forgetting the holiday. The RF had to take over, and poor Mel had to ply her with hot water and honey. I thought the show had peaked this week with a phone in on blankets, then gates.:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Thanks @Miss LDN I listened back to a bit of that, what a mess. She's about the only presenter (since the disappearance of that other radio narc boomer Steve Allen) who uses their show to whinge ad nauseam about their ailments, when not busy flexing what others are doing for them. At least SA didn't complain about his schedule.

Blankets and gates 😂

She looks like Frank Sidebottom stomping down Marylebone Lane on the Marylebone Village Ltd boutique ads on IG.

Does anyone have a ChatGPT login? I would love to see what it would produce if you asked for "an article about Influencer Jo Good from BBC London and her monetised Instagram and YouTube socials with undeclared ads".

A Tattler on another thread did this about the thread subject, the result was scarily accurate and funny, and Tattle Life got a mention.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
@VeeJayBee Frank Sidebottom😂 Thank you for that. I just spat my tea out. I thought the flared trouser swoot thing, and her look at me swagger were very Dick Emery/Carry On camp character.
It was funny when Steve Allen was taken off air without ceremony, same nights as MAM was a no show with sick Mert. All last minute.
Surely they were doing a Marigold Hotel skit together. After her, and her agent read about it on here. No ideas of their own.

• Haha
The vlog today I actually thought she really suited the tailored pink suit. She complained again about the effect her bbc working schedule has on her health etc, she sounded as though she’s seriously considering chucking it.

Reactions: 4
The vlog today I actually thought she really suited the tailored pink suit. She complained again about the effect her bbc working schedule has on her health etc, she sounded as though she’s seriously considering chucking it.
Or is she jumping before being pushed. :unsure:

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.