Jimmy Savile

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely the most disturbing thing about JS (aside from the abuse- and I don’t mean that in an offhand way- the abuse was bleeping awful) was his visiting the morgues of hospitals, mucking around with the bodies and stealing their glass eyes for jewellery. What the actual duck.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Jimmy Savile always gave me the creeps. His huge cigar, his hair, teeth, the way he conducted himself on Jim’ll Fix It, there was just something about him that made me think I would not like to meet him in person.

Reactions: 13
I got Savile's autobiography, As It Happens, through the post today. It includes this early picture of Savile, which is something of a contrast to his later image!

S1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
even the very mention of the name Jimmy Savile made me terrified as a TV viewing kid

hearing his voice or any of his theme tunes

THAT FACE

THEM STUPID CATCHPHRASES

I always thought Fix It would be a better show if the BBC replaced him as host

I thought

WHY HATE JEREMY BEADLE OR NOEL EDMONDS

THEY'RE NOT VILLANS

Savile just struck me as pure evil even then

Reactions: 14
even the very mention of the name Jimmy Savile made me terrified as a TV viewing kid

hearing his voice or any of his theme tunes
I have to say I really loved the song they played at the end of Jim'll Fix It: 'Your letter was only the start of it; one letter and now you're a part of it - Jim has fixed it, Jim has Fix It for you - and you and you and you ... ' It was a really happy, feel-good song.

Sadly, it is now permanently tainted by what is associated with.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I have to say I really loved the song they played at the end of Jim'll Fix It: 'Your letter was only the start of it; one letter and now you're a part of it - Jim has fixed it, Jim has Fix It for you - and you and you and you ... ' It was a really happy, feel-good song.

Similar but not quite as good was Record breakers theme song

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Was he still abusing kids when he was old? It's hard to imagine him doing it in the 90s and 00s.

I cannot imagine him NOT having murdered. The other stuff is so sick I don't think murder would be much of a leap.

Great concept for a show and as a kid I loved it. However why chose him of all people to host.

Reactions: 8

Knowing what we know those lyrics take on a whole new meaning

Reactions: 6
I think I paid £5 for In plain sight on Apple Books. It’s horrific. I’m 2/3 through it. I hope to God nothing like him ever is allowed to happen again.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This photo of Savile and his family is from As It Happens, his autobiography. Savile is the youngest on the right.

S2.jpg

Reactions: 7
I think I paid £5 for In plain sight on Apple Books. It’s horrific. I’m 2/3 through it. I hope to God nothing like him ever is allowed to happen again.
He should ha be been locked up,that was cheap compared to Amazon.

Great concept for a show and as a kid I loved it. However why chose him of all people to host.
I loved the programme but he ruined it for.me with his repulsive creepy ways.

Reactions: 4
No one chose him to host it. The programme concept was entirely of Saviles own devising. In hindsight it’s easy to see why.

• Sick
  • Wow
From the BBC perspective, I lay the ultimate blame at the door of the Director Generals that were there during his time. They created a culture that allowed him to flourish unchecked. They MUST have at least heard rumours.

Reactions: 17
They knew what he was like. The producer of the ‘Jim’ll Fix It’ show, Roger Ordish said, when the allegations first started surfacing, "I didn't see anything and nothing was reported to me", but added that he knew Savile had a "predilection for younger females". Any decent and responsible person would have made sure that he didn’t have access to ‘younger females’ but that’s exactly what they didn’t do.

Reactions: 13
No one chose him to host it. The programme concept was entirely of Saviles own devising. In hindsight it’s easy to see why.
I bet I know why - he was approaching fifty and no doubt knew his days as a presenter of teens' music would be numbered. In fact he did present Top of the Pops less once Jim'll Fix It began.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.