Jimmy Savile

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From In Plain Sight by Dan Davies, the account of Savile's mother's death, his much-discussed sitting with the body and the aftermath, with interesting insights into his relations with one of his brothers.

IMG_20210223_0002.jpg

IMG_20210223_0003.jpg

IMG_20210223_0004.jpg

Reactions: 8
My Grannie (before he was convicted a paedophile) always used to tell us proudly that she sat on his knee when she was younger. She obviously hasn’t mentioned it since but I just used to feel so sorry for her because she always seemed so proud about it.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
My ex’s mam once told me he used to drive through our town regularly in some flash car and her and all her mates ,v.young teens at the time would be all starstruck and what not and then one day one of her mates got in the car with him and fucked off somehwere .Wouldn’t like to think what happened .

• Wow
Reactions: 14
In the 70,s I worked in a large kennels very near Broadmoor. We used to get the Broadmoor staff calling in to buy dog food. One of them told me that JS was treated like a God By Broadmoor and had a master key to allow him to go anywhere he wanted. He also said that the BBC sent minders with him when he recorded his radio programme Saville’s travels (which always sounded to me like he was in a caravan trying to get girls in bed with him). But my point is that the BBC knew exactly what he was like and presumably his minders didn’t actually protect anyone,
That is true. There is an interview on YT with someone that worked at Broadmoor confirming it.

Reactions: 6
He was before my time so i never knew who he was until it all came out. As soon as i saw his photo i was like to my father “well that wasn’t obvious at all just look at him” my father said when he was younger he could never watch him as he had heard the rumours years ago
My partner is from Italy so never knew of him. When it all came out he was shocked that none of us brits knew. He said it was glaringly obvious to anyone looking from the outside in and that we were all groomed.

Reactions: 13
Having a few mates from Leeds that I went to uni with in the mid 90s, his doings were certainly an open secret in Leeds even at that point in time.

Reactions: 5
Here is an interesting Reddit thread from just after Jimmy died.

Look at the comments, don’t tell me it wasn’t common knowledge what he was.

Reactions: 9
My friend lived in Scarborough as a child and was always told to keep out of JS way if she saw him. That was the 70’s it was public knowledge then that he was weird.

My partner is from Italy so never knew of him. When it all came out he was shocked that none of us brits knew. He said it was glaringly obvious to anyone looking from the outside in and that we were all groomed.
My Canadian husband says the same thing.

There is an interview on YouTube about a man speaking about as a young boy he was sent to a boys home and the men in charge were sexually abusing the boys almost torturing them. He said groups of men would come into the homes to rape and torture them and they’d be driven to a woods told to run and then the men would hunt them down and rape them for sport. He said a boy died from shock and the other boys were made to bury him. He said one of the men he recognised as Jimmy Saville.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
There is an interview on YouTube about a man speaking about as a young boy he was sent to a boys home and the men in charge were sexually abusing the boys almost torturing them. He said groups of men would come into the homes to rape and torture them and they’d be driven to a woods told to run and then the men would hunt them down and rape them for sport. He said a boy died from shock and the other boys were made to bury him. He said one of the men he recognised as Jimmy Saville.
Wtf?? That sounds like some Ramsey Bolton from Game of Thrones type tit, made even more disgusting by the fact it's actually real life :( Do you have the link for the interview or remember the name of the video?

Reactions: 4
Wtf?? That sounds like some Ramsey Bolton from Game of Thrones type tit, made even more disgusting by the fact it's actually real life :( Do you have the link for the interview or remember the name of the video?
I can’t remember where I watched his interview because I think he’s done a few but type in Shaun Atwood - Darren Jeffrey that’s him talking there

Reactions: 2
That’s bleeping horrific! Those poor boys.

Reactions: 9
We’re watching Prime Suspect and the series we’ve just finished was about a paedophile ring that included top-ranking Police Officers. A young Jonny Lee Miller played a character who had lived in a children’s home and was abused there daily and when he reported it to the Police, he was raped by a Policeman at the station.

Maybe not so much now but in the early 90s where there appeared to be more naivety about things like this going on, you can imagine people tuning in and thinking this was all just Lynda la Plante’s fiction. The horrific truth is it goes on a lot (abuse in general, not just in homes) and it goes unreported and I can understand why. In Plain Sight blew my mind, how much Saville was allowed to get away with was truly horrific and I’m not convinced we’ll ever know the full extent.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.