Jesy Nelson #5 She's lost the support of the nation, due to cultural appropriation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she sitting like a bloke on a tube train? Manspreading all over the place.
She is darker than ever 🤦🏼‍♀️ She doesn’t learn does she?
Yes she really is manspreading 🤣🤣 and she is definitely darker than ever, these photos are rediculous, she has no shame... there is obviously something not right with her because no sane person would think that this is okay... how can Will.i.am work with the likes of her!???

Reactions: 8
I’m not one to jump on someone for cultural appropriation etc. but wow, I can’t believe she gets away with her caricature. As an outsider, she’s always come across as a single white female for Jade. One of those who can’t handle being (ex)friends with the ‘pretty girl’ and starts imitating everything about them. She’s a total creep 🤮

Reactions: 12
I think I'm all out of the word cringe. Oh hang on ...here comes another one. Cringe ...and another Cringe ...that leg spread arms crossed picture triggered another Cringe fest. 🥴

Reactions: 5
I’ve been thinking about how a lot of her style, music taste, cultural references, sociopolitical intellect etc seems stuck in a bit of an early-2000s time warp and I think I have realised why.

She talked about her internet trolling as early as her X Factor days (2011). Presumably, she led a pretty sheltered online life after that to protect herself from the mean comments and we know that she eventually deleted Twitter etc.

People of her generation have effectively lived their lives and broadened their horizons through the internet over the last 20 years. She’s been AWOL for over half of that.

Basically, Jesy Nelson has been in a cultural coma for the last 10+ years and, as a solo artist, her exile from internet culture is now laid bare for all to see. What seem like really absurd choices are actually the last time she was fully integrated in pop culture - the 2000s period leading up to her 2011 X Factor era.

Reactions: 14
I’ve been thinking about how a lot of her style, music taste, cultural references, sociopolitical intellect etc seems stuck in a bit of an early-2000s time warp and I think I have realised why.

She talked about her internet trolling as early as her X Factor days (2011). Presumably, she led a pretty sheltered online life after that to protect herself from the mean comments and we know that she eventually deleted Twitter etc.

People of her generation have effectively lived their lives and broadened their horizons through the internet over the last 20 years. She’s been AWOL for over half of that.

Basically, Jesy Nelson has been in a cultural coma for the last 10+ years and, as a solo artist, her exile from internet culture is now laid bare for all to see. What seem like really absurd choices are actually the last time she was fully integrated in pop culture - the 2000s period leading up to her 2011 X Factor era.
I don’t think it’s that deep.

She’s just a head.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I wonder what drama she'll create to gain attention for her next single.
My money's on it serendipitously dropping a week before one of the other LM girls, or "sources" talking to the tabloids about the years of bullying she endured from the other girls.

Reactions: 10

I thought this too! She seems frozen in the past, before she was in Little Mix. Maybe she’s imagining how she would’ve been solo, and seeing how impressive certain achievements would’ve been (such as having Nicki Minaj on your song). But as we’ve already said - Nicki Minaj is not as popular as she used to be with the rise of other rap artists, and Jesy’s style is dated, not infitting with the times anymore. She’s clearly living out her little 2010s fantasy.

Reactions: 8
She’s an idiot, no one gives a tit about will.i.am anymore - it’s 2022!

Ironically she’s so 2000 and late. :ROFLMAO:
Absolutely creased at this comment 😂

She’s gone from bistro chicken through lamb and she’s now on beef, bet she smells like a Toby Carvery.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I thought this too! She seems frozen in the past, before she was in Little Mix. Maybe she’s imagining how she would’ve been solo, and seeing how impressive certain achievements would’ve been (such as having Nicki Minaj on your song). But as we’ve already said - Nicki Minaj is not as popular as she used to be with the rise of other rap artists, and Jesy’s style is dated, not infitting with the times anymore. She’s clearly living out her little 2010s fantasy.
Although I agree that her image is dated, she’s not exactly Madonna - she has enough people around her to advise her otherwise.

Reactions: 2

“A source close to the pair said “Jesy had no idea about this man’s past. Obviously, should Jesy have known about his past, a first date wouldn’t have happened.”
.. erm I thought she always went for the ‘bad boyz’?! 🤷🏻‍♀️

“Jesy’s gone away for a while to recoup after the last year of relentless trolling and to be able to focus fully on her new music. Her new team are ensuring she’s keeping focused and positive ahead of the new track dropping.”

I’m not excusing being trolled but she hasn’t exactly helped herself has she?

I was in the same year as this guy in school, can confirm he was a complete hole who has somehow got really lucky in the modelling business. tit attracts tit I guess 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.