Jesy Nelson #5 She's lost the support of the nation, due to cultural appropriation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Waaaa I've just come back from me hols and I'm honoured to have named the new thread, thanks guys!

LOVING the new Jesy x Miss Selfridge x Car Boot Sale look, she looks like she spent £2500 to look like she spent £5. Even the Dior saddle bag can go straight in the bin, CAMO? Please.

Also loving her farty stank face dance becoming a meme. Why didn't she sing another song (not that she sang that one MEOW) but as it's Christmas couldn't she cover the Christmas song by Destiny's child or something, that fits her cultural aesthetic. Not White Christmas ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I think at this point we here on tattle could manage her career better. Purposely creating outrage is all well and good (her ‘black’ jacket for example) until it becomes to affect how your career is viewed. Having the most viewed video could be an achievement, but knowing that it’s the result of being made fun of is not what serious artists want or enjoy. She’s becoming a joke, quickly. Every once in a while Ariana Grande is criticised for attempting to recreate racial ambiguity (as she should be) but her career is always taken seriously, because her talent is undeniable. Jesy does not have the same advantage.

Reactions: 19
Jesy needs an entire image overhaul

Dress her age, sing some nice songs she would be fine

Reactions: 6
I can't believe she shared it on her IG story.
Surely, she must know WHY it got so many views!? Or is she delusional enough to think people loved her performance?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I can't believe she shared it on her IG story.
Surely, she must know WHY it got so many views!? Or is she delusional enough to think people loved her performance?
It’s actually embarrassing that she’s sharing this as if she has the most views for a good reason.

Reactions: 20
Perrie follows this guy, assuming she’ll swerve liking this unlike the rest of his content 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
For Capital it's irrelevant why it's being watched, they can claim the traffic, and likely get some advertising money.

For Jesy, though? I mean, her team's marketing tactics are keeping her name in people's mouths, but it's unlikely to be a gamble that pays off in the long term.

Reactions: 16
I get Jessy was trolled. & I get that. those Trolls are tit. However, when people call her out on her bullshit, they labelled trolls. For what? For calling Jessy out on the fact that she left little mix & suddenly a couple months later she’s got a new single?? I thought she was taking a break? I mean… surely she knew that she would still be trolled? She can’t be that dense to think that things would change when she got her solo career? What was she expecting?? 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️
Anyone who chooses to do a solo career seperate from the group usually want to be the next Beyoncé or the next Justin Timberlake (anyone else I didn’t mention)… if she’s honest with herself and takes accountability for herself.. things could get better for her.
Sorry, after she left little mix… nothing added up in terms of what she was saying. Her actions have spoken much louder then her “trolls” here on tattle… who are annoyed at how things don’t add up - I’m not gonna mention the black fishing cause I’m not educated enough on the subject, I’m Polynesian… I’m still trying to fit into my own community due to colourism (I’m a light skin Polynesian… & speak my fathers native language fluently. I’m just not accepted by my own Polynesian community 🤦🏽‍♀️)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Little story that made me chuckle today - my mum messages me telling me about the stuff she’s got my daughter for Xmas and she says ‘I got her a doll, I can’t remember the name of it but she looks like that one who left little mix, you know the one who pretends she’s black’ 😭🤣 my mum is in her 50s and even she knows the score

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.