Jesy Nelson #3 Not concerned about a black life, unless of course it's a crapist wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was really hoping she was a Zayn or Robbie Williams type who genuinely had some great stuff to release. But this song just makes it clear she has no idea who she is.

I feel like a lot of how she acts does come from mental health issues looks like she’s always compared herself to the others and had a lot of paranoia which must have been draining for the rest of the group. It’s just she’s got the money to go sort herself out and get better but this all feels very knee jerk and like she was just desperate for a number one to do the girls over. As bad as she might feel it’s never ok to take it out on others.
I agree. I think the Blackfishing may be a form of body dysmorphia where the ultra dark tan, masses of hair, make up and fillers are a security blanket where we don’t see the real her that she’s so ashamed of.

The problem is that she’s been told, yet seems not to care, that the security blanket she’s chosen is inappropriate and offensive.

Reactions: 21
I agree. I think the Blackfishing may be a form of body dysmorphia where the ultra dark tan, masses of hair, make up and fillers are a security blanket where we don’t see the real her that she’s so ashamed of.

The problem is that she’s been told, yet seems not to care, that the security blanket she’s chosen is inappropriate and offensive.
Yeah it doesn’t feel her at all. I thought maybe she chose Nicki because she was curvy and one of her insecurities seamed to be being compared to women thinner than her 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Just saw that Boyz is looking to hit number 4 on the UK singles chart. Adele has new music coming out so hopefully everyone will forget that song and it will drop quickly!

Reactions: 18
First Post on the JN posts. I cringed so hard when I watched the Boyz video - pure second hand embarrassment. She knows exactly the image she portrays.

And Nicki Minaj. I'll listen to her opinion when she isn't intimidating the woman her fella raped. Disgraceful.

Also, the whole laughing while Nicki said what she did gave me petty year 9 at school vibes
this sums up where I'm at with the whole thing.

Reactions: 8
Oh no playing on silent doesn’t count!

I will start again tomorrow morning with some volume
You also can’t have it on repeat or something, you have to have other songs intbetween. I think fans often create playlists that help with this on Spotify

Reactions: 11
This has just popped up on my tiktok, I never noticed at the time but woww

omg yes!! I remember finding this strange when I watched it in real time! Jesy was so weird and aggy throughout the show I even told my friend I was convinced she would be leaving the group soon.

Reactions: 12
I've been reading through this thread, but not yet commented.

The whole issue of blackfishing is absolutely offensive to all black people or even any POC - (I hate that term but my brain can't think of anything better right now)

In regards to the comment above - do you mistake these black or asian people for being white? I think you need to read back through the threads.
It has already been well commented on this thread that 'whiteness' is the accepted beauty standard - especially within the music industry. Sad, but true.

The way Jesy is acting is a disgrace to people that have had their features or skin colour commented on, abused for and ridiculed over the years. She is boosting her 'career' to appeal more to a black US audience by portraying particular features of black people. For her it is a fashion.

White women wearing indian outfits - well I can comment on this as this is something I do, but not as a fashion trend, I wear a sari purely for weddings or other events as I married an asian man. Personally I hate people that wear such outfits for fashion. It's not appreciation, it is appropriation for these people.
Im pakistani and have no ptoblrm is someone wore say a shalwar kameez (pakistani dress) as a fashion outfit, doesnt bother me in the slightest 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Someone on the little mix forum posted a apparent LM insider article that Le-Anne, Jade and Perrie didnt know she was leaving the group till she posted her leaving Instagram post.

If that’s true than what about the video of Perrie crying, Jesy looking annoyed and Jade and Le-Anne looking awkward when doing there Sweet Melody promo when Jesy apparently told them she was leaving or they found out Jesy was leaving.

I guess we will never truely know what happened and how the girls found out Jesy was leaving and what went on within the band but after 9 years of being sisters and friendship it’s so sad to watch this all happen.

Reactions: 6
Im pakistani and have no ptoblrm is someone wore say a shalwar kameez (pakistani dress) as a fashion outfit, doesnt bother me in the slightest 🤷‍♀️
Everyone is able to have their own perspective on how cultural outfits are worn, I just wouldn’t wear a sari to make a fashion statement and think it’s distasteful that there are people out there that do.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm of Indian descent, what does bother me is where Western influencers get millions of followers purely by wearing clothing and doing a few bollywood-esque dances, a hell of a lot the subs coming from the subcontinent too, solely because they are white and therefore 'beautiful' but that just boils down to massive colorism issues stemming from the raj sooo..

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.