Jesy Nelson #3 Not concerned about a black life, unless of course it's a crapist wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone is able to have their own perspective on how cultural outfits are worn, I just wouldn’t wear a sari to make a fashion statement and think it’s distasteful that there are people out there that do.
Fair enoigh i guess it comea down to everyones personal experience

I'm of Indian descent, what does bother me is where Western influencers get millions of followers purely by wearing clothing and doing a few bollywood-esque dances, a hell of a lot the subs coming from the subcontinent too, solely because they are white and therefore 'beautiful' but that just boils down to massive colorism issues stemming from the raj sooo..
In that context that is very true 👍

Reactions: 6
Jesy is more bad vibes than baddie. Can’t believe how this is all blowing up. I never followed little mix but have listened to some songs and they are genuinely talented. I’m loving the dramz though. I just hope LA is keeping ok. No decency to do this to a new mom of twins.

Reactions: 31
She's reposted Nicki Minaj's story, apparently they're 'No.2 most added at top 40', whatever the duck that means :ROFLMAO: it's tragic really.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I saw on IG that she’s supposedly performing on the Graham Norton show at the end of the month. Idk how the guests are gonna sit through that. She deserves the red chair.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I saw on IG that she’s supposedly performing on the Graham Norton show at the end of the month. Idk how the guests are gonna sit through that. She deserves the red chair.
I love Graham Norton too fml I hope he cancels her appearance 🤨 .. imagine her performing alone live too she will be awkward to watch I think unless she surrounds herself with her ‘bad boy’ dancers 😴

Reactions: 20
Please can someone in London blag there way to the red chair and call her out 🙏

• Haha
Reactions: 11
‘Problematicfame’ has posted about her changing face, the comments are scathing 🙈

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I don't agree with Jesys actions at all but it is interesting that when a black women attempts to look white she is a poor unfortunate women who needs mental support and a white woman wanting to look darker is a racist who is vile and vindictive? Double standards much?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
I don't agree with Jesys actions at all but it is interesting that when a black women attempts to look white she is a poor unfortunate women who needs mental support and a white woman wanting to look darker is a racist who is vile and vindictive? Double standards much?
Fgs. Educate yourself and stop being wilfully ignorant.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
I think that’s probably because when a black person tries to make themselves white, it usually comes from deep rooted hatred of themselves, because they’re conditioned to think they’re not pretty because they don’t meet European beauty standards, because they have less opportunities in some places just because they have darker skin and are trying to fit in to what western culture deemed “normal” .

I don’t necessarily think that white girls making themselves look darker / following black culture is racist. And I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone actually call Jesy racist - if you’re copying something I don’t see how that can be racist. I see her being called out for profiting off the same thing people that are actually black and have been told to tone down, and perpetuating negative stereotypes. “Hood black boys with gold teeth” etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Her songs now down at 7th on the iTunes chart and Little Mix are up at 3. I wonder if she’ll quickly be a last minute addition to some ‘my careers over arse end Z list reality shows’ to try and fix her image, because I’d say for now unless she can rehab her image (and to be fair the general public can be fickle so it’s doable) her solo music career is done.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
don't you have a circus to get back to? 🤡

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Reactions: 14
u wot? Lmao how does a black woman attempt to look white bet ur part of the #beKoind crew
Everyone is able to have their own perspective on how cultural outfits are worn, I just wouldn’t wear a sari to make a fashion statement and think it’s distasteful that there are people out there that do.
The difference between cultural appreciation and appropriation:

appreciation: wearing a sari or traditional dress/regalia to a wedding ceremony/cultural event to celebrate as a mark of respect with the community, purchased at a store owned by person of said culture. Not SHEIN

appropriation: wearing a cultural outfit/regalia to a Halloween party or as part of a tiktok video where u do questionable Bollywood dance moves with ur white mates for clout (see NoHun)

Last edited:
Reactions: 38
Have you bothered to read the numerous accounts posted on this thread about why blackfishing is offensive orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.