Jessontheplussize #5 Eat the choc, pop the spots, tie your t-shirt into knots!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Yours delivery arrived today .... And I'm so disappointed . .. because I love it all 🤷 I ordered 12 things in total and apart from 3 which are instantly going back as they look huge, I'm really pleased, hey ho, it's good to treat yourself eh 😄
I think their sizes must come up big though as I could actually size down in most things. I've not tried anything on yet as had a busy day & didn't get in till late but I'm loving it all so far ☺

• Wow
Reactions: 10
My Yours delivery arrived today .... And I'm so disappointed . .. because I love it all 🤷 I ordered 12 things in total and apart from 3 which are instantly going back as they look huge, I'm really pleased, hey ho, it's good to treat yourself eh 😄
I think their sizes must come up big though as I could actually size down in most things. I've not tried anything on yet as had a busy day & didn't get in till late but I'm loving it all so far ☺
Mine came today too, I’m sending 2 things back for different sizes. I don’t even know what size I am now. I always look at Jess and think I’m her size but when I order it it’s massive 🤣 the shacket is huge so I’m getting a smaller size coz I love it so much! I ordered a belt and that’s tiny though won’t even go round me 🙈

Reactions: 5
She’s trying so hard to “get spotted” with those tiktoks and stuff. Wonder if she’ll see another Tesco advert?

isnt it mad how she went from modelling/working with yours & pink clove to nothing 🤨
She even used to her gifted stuff from river island.. it’s all drying up

Reactions: 5
She’s trying so hard to “get spotted” with those tiktoks and stuff. Wonder if she’ll see another Tesco advert?

isnt it mad how she went from modelling/working with yours & pink clove to nothing 🤨

All she needs to do is wash her hair and who knows!

• Haha
Reactions: 9

I imagine all these places that use influencers are quite fickle in that sense. You will be able to get what you want when you are flavour of the week but as soon as the popularity or engagement goes down they won't be interested in you anymore.

The last haul with yours was the best her content has been in a long time. She can absolutely turn it around if she really wants to. As far as I am aware she works half the week and the other half Instagram is her "job". Which to me, means she needs to put a bit of effort into it ie getting up & washed/dress before posting all these gifted sweets, makeup or pickle jewelry she is always sent. Imagine sending someone products to advertise & then they show them when they are sitting in their jammies with hair that hasn't been washed for a week. If it's her part time job then she needs to put the work in. If it's just her personal instagram & she doesn't give a duck then fair enough do what you want. But all the hauls/af links/promo codes/ads would suggest she is actively trying to earn an income from it.

Reactions: 13
The fact companies like pickle polish repeatedly send her jewellery surprises me as she puts zero effort into advertising them in her posts, we see the box opened and then a ohh aren't they lovely and then that is it ! Imagine if she put as much effort as she does her god awful tiptoes into advertising these small businesses...

I'm a fan of Jess, I like her honesty for the most part but I do think that she has become complacent in how much effort she puts into her Instagram...the reality is as long as she AL items she will make money..!

Reactions: 7
Jess needs to absolutely lift her game if she wants her IG to take off again. I still can’t believe that bare minerals sent her all that beautiful make up and instead of actually trying it out properly she just slapped it on her face and then said she’s never use it 🙄🙄 the pimple popping on stories, the constant dirtiness and laziness is what is stopping brands from wanting to work with her now. You can still be relatable to People and at least have fresh hair and fresh skin when doing so and you don’t need to pop pimples on your stories Jess 😣😣

Reactions: 12

They’ve surely dropped her or maybe someone or a few have replaced as she was doing so much with them. Then it was just the odd haul. Tbh I’d feel like tit if I was getting all that then nothing but then it would make me think about was I doing enough.
It will be interesting to see if she ever speaks out about why she’s not as involved with brands anymore

Reactions: 2
I feel really bad for her tonight. Something is going on 🧐
Yeh I think so too, she looks and seems completely flat and is probably depressed. 🙁 I know she's in lockdown and it's probably killing her not being able to honour drinking 🙄, but I'm in lockdown and a lot of other people are, so you've just got to get on with it. At least she's got a job and a roof over her head.

I've only followed for for about 2 months, so what was the situation with having deals with Pink Clove and Yours? 🤔

Yeh I think so too, she looks and seems completely flat and is probably depressed. 🙁 I know she's in lockdown and it's probably killing her not being able to honour drinking 🙄, but I'm in lockdown and a lot of other people are, so you've just got to get on with it. At least she's got a job and a roof over her head.

I've only followed for for about 2 months, so what was the situation with having deals with Pink Clove and Yours? 🤔
She used to work a lot with yours, but the main one was pink clove. She went down to London and did a middling thing with them, was on their website and even had her own range of “picks” with them.. then it all stopped

She used to work a lot with yours, but the main one was pink clove. She went down to London and did a middling thing with them, was on their website and even had her own range of “picks” with them.. then it all stopped
Oh right, she had it quite good, then? I wonder what happened.... 🤔

Reactions: 1
I got a pink clove top last year and the quality was shocking.

Reactions: 3
I got a pink clove top last year and the quality was shocking.
The few items I ordered where like boo hoo cheap quality stitching poor and threads hanging - shocking considering the clothes aren’t that cheap I expected more.
Dresses considering for the larger person around the chest area THIS pisses me off
As I guess they presume every fatter oerson has massive tits, so I have to pin items. When I have to pin I return.
Also a couple dresses how they’ve looked online haven’t been how they’ve arrived.
Maybe one day I’ll be happy with a purchase haha

Reactions: 3
The few items I ordered where like boo hoo cheap quality stitching poor and threads hanging - shocking considering the clothes aren’t that cheap I expected more.
Dresses considering for the larger person around the chest area THIS pisses me off
As I guess they presume every fatter oerson has massive tits, so I have to pin items. When I have to pin I return.
Also a couple dresses how they’ve looked online haven’t been how they’ve arrived.
Maybe one day I’ll be happy with a purchase haha
Their clothes are shocking. Their dresses are always so low cut and really short.
I don't want my saggy tits and big chunky knees on display! 😂
I was looking on their site a few weeks ago and there's a photo of Jess modelling one of the dresses, I'm not sure if it was part of her range. It's a really awful photo though. Considering she would've had hair and make up done, styled by a stylist and photographed by a professional ...they're really not good pics!

If she got off her arse and got some fresh air that might help her a bit.... no wonder she feels down and flat.. I know they are in lockdown but she could still go for a walk surely? 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
If she got off her arse and got some fresh air that might help her a bit.... no wonder she feels down and flat.. I know they are in lockdown but she could still go for a walk surely? 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
Agree. It’s definitely helpful to get some fresh air, even if it’s just a walk around your cul-de-sac or block. She could take her dog out. Unless she hides that from her stories but I think she’d post if she did go for walks.

Reactions: 6
Well my haul came today too! I'm loving it all! I find a lot of plus size stores still don't fit true to size but I can honestly say Yours is generous, so it's nice. Love the black dress, even bought a belt, I have never owned one before, the denim jacket is lovely and the shacket. I'm thrilled! I'm hating some plus size clothes at the minute, I'm sorry but what overweight woman wants to wear a crop top or a sleeveless top, with slogans like "My hips don't lie"....no, mine defo dont, there right there..wide and fat but I don't need to announce it on my bleeping t-shirt!!!! And I'm not getting at anyone who does wear that stuff but I personally couldnt. I like my belly covered and at least the top of my arms.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.