Jessontheplussize #23 Dog is sick and house selling grief; never mind, I'm off to Tenerife!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing I don't understand about Jess and the ITS thing and never have done since it began is why is she not out there being photographed and filmed wearing pieces from MI KOLLEKSHUN and posting them everywhere? Why isn't she making the most of it and flogging it to death? Even Solomon makes more of her stuff and let's face it, she doesn't really need to, not as much as Jess.

Sitting in your house with no make up and no bra on pretending to answer DMs is lame as duck.

Reactions: 13
The thing I don't understand about Jess and the ITS thing and never have done since it began is why is she not out there being photographed and filmed wearing pieces from MI KOLLEKSHUN and posting them everywhere? Why isn't she making the most of it and flogging it to death? Even Solomon makes more of her stuff and let's face it, she doesn't really need to, not as much as Jess.

Sitting in your house with no make up and no bra on pretending to answer DMs is lame as duck.
That’s so true actually.
This morning the content was making (another) iced coffee - I had the sound down and I skipped on, so I’m not sure if it was to promote gifted syrups.
Then there was something about boiled eggs and toast 🥱
Later today she might do a post where she’s beaming and gushing about how everyone loves the collection but it’s all a bit half hearted.
I can’t decide whether Jess can’t be bothered because ITS treat her like crap and don’t take any input from her on creating outfits to flatter larger women.
Or whether ITS don’t bother much with Jess because she’s not a very engaged brand ambassador.

Reactions: 11
I am aware of world history and actual news of course. But men (and especially women) have been exploited by powerful people probably since the beginning of times. That's where the dichotomy really lies (social) and therefore the universalist concept of "all Men are born free and remain free and equal in rights". Just putting the colour in the spotlight is very reductive and a British/US cultural thing actually. It just looks odd to me.
Sorry for the derail.
Sorry to further derail but I don’t understand why you have gotten so offended about usage of the term “white male” being highlighted. Historically people in power who have been white and male have done some pretty awful things to people of colour and minorities. Its not just about history or people of the past either. As a white male in this day and age, he should be more clued up and educated on where his clothes for his brand are made and he should care more about the people his fast fashion affects. As a white male he’s faced privilege that many black/brown males have not had the pleasure of experiencing due to the colour of their skin. It’s maybe hard for a white person to understand. But his refusal to acknowledge that his sweatshops produce victims of child Labour is yet another show of privilege and just how ignorant to the issue he is. Jess was the one sharing all that BLM stuff when it was a trend, but yet here she is supporting and shilling a brand ran by another toxic male who refuses to see the error in his ways

Reactions: 14
Sorry to further derail but I don’t understand why you have gotten so offended about usage of the term “white male” being highlighted. Historically people in power who have been white and male have done some pretty awful things to people of colour and minorities. Its not just about history or people of the past either. As a white male in this day and age, he should be more clued up and educated on where his clothes for his brand are made and he should care more about the people his fast fashion affects. As a white male he’s faced privilege that many black/brown males have not had the pleasure of experiencing due to the colour of their skin. It’s maybe hard for a white person to understand. But his refusal to acknowledge that his sweatshops produce victims of child Labour is yet another show of privilege and just how ignorant to the issue he is. Jess was the one sharing all that BLM stuff when it was a trend, but yet here she is supporting and shilling a brand ran by another toxic male who refuses to see the error in his ways
Jess never cared about the BLM movement and neither did Poppy or any of the other influencers, they were all jumping on.a bandwagon. I think Jess is just happy to get paid.

I feel another mushy peas on a roast dinner (all kinds of wrong) gate coming along 😂

Reactions: 13
That’s so true actually.
This morning the content was making (another) iced coffee - I had the sound down and I skipped on, so I’m not sure if it was to promote gifted syrups.
Later today she might do a post where she’s beaming and gushing about how everyone loves the collection but it’s all a bit half hearted.
I can’t decide whether Jess can’t be bothered because ITS treat her like crap and don’t take any input from her on creating outfits to flatter larger women.
Or whether ITS don’t bother much with Jess because she’s not a very engaged brand ambassador.
You mean this afternoon. It was midday by the time she rolled out of bed and made her first meal

Reactions: 4
Jess never cared about the BLM movement and neither did Poppy or any of the other influencers, they were all jumping on.a bandwagon. I think Jess is just happy to get paid.

I feel another mushy peas on a roast dinner (all kinds of wrong) gate coming along 😂
Or corned beef hash gate !

• Haha
  • Wow
That’s so true actually.
I actually don't think she cares that deeply tbh, as long as the collection hits a certain number of sales she will receive her pay cheque. She doesn't care if its ethically made or sustainable any more than she cares if it fits nicely because like allllll the previous collections she won't be seen wearing the majority of it ...mostly because it doesn't fit her properly and is too small, and because it's not her style!

All the faux " it's my favourite yous are gonna love it soo glad yous all love it thank you soo soo much " = kerching = holidays = takeaways = more clothes she doesn't need! She's not stupid but unfortunately a lot of the sheep that blindly hang off her every word are!!

Reactions: 12
Regarding their 50% off everything except new Jess and Lorna, it’s not, Jess’ swimwear isn’t 50% and that’s not her new collection. I see another ASA warning coming

Reactions: 7
This dress doesn't fit her properly. You can see the outline of her gunt. It's meant to flow out, isn't it?

Screenshot_20220728-192546_Instagram.jpg

I am not offended. I think it's way too simplistic and comes from a Western point of view paradoxically. Also, this man is gay I guess, hardly the emblem of the white male in power through history. I don't know if he personally suffered from it but I can tell you he's very lucky to live in a Western country at this day and age, and it's not because he is a white male.
I don't support sweat shops, I wouldn't buy from ITS either. And I don't even know him but I am not sure it's fair to attack him on his colour, like he ever chose, or even mentionning it. There are real arguments certainly and I don't judge people by their colour.
As for Jess, she's not a bad person but she has no social or political conscience or curiosity. She seems quite ignorant.

Reactions: 2
First time poster on this thread but surely Jess's issue with the photos photoshoot is that she is genuinely getting too big for the clothes.
She seems to be at the very top end of the sizing, with little to no wiggle room, therefore everything looks tit.

Reactions: 21
“true to size” , if only she was true about her size! it shouldn’t be clinging, she def need a 28-30. So oblivious to how clothes look on her because she refuses to wear the right size. It’s suppose to be floaty. That’s why the collection looks so much better on everyone else !

Jess love, you need a size 30. Stop pretending,we can all see it apart from you.

Attachments

Reactions: 14
“true to size” , if only she was true about her size! it shouldn’t be clinging, she def need a 28-30. So oblivious to how clothes look on her because she refuses to wear the right size. It’s suppose to be floaty. That’s why the collection looks so much better on everyone else !

Jess love, you need a size 30. Stop pretending,we can all see it apart from you.
Is the issue that ITS only go upto a 28 ? That appears to be the sales pitch Adam Frisby constantly spouts - inclusive 6 - 28 - but the reality is most of the larger sizes are never available in many of his collections.

Does this mean that Jess could lose the contract if she goes up a size, as the clothes won’t fit?
Maybe this is causing her a bit of stress.
As I said before though, I don’t think it’s a plus size friendly brand anyway; the clothes are mostly completely unflattering for bigger people.
And as for the material! Not good for anyone really, but if you’re prone to perspiring a lot anyway, then it’s just going to be a nightmare wearing this stuff.
If Jess is really happy as she is, and really invested in people having great fashion choices at all sizes, then she’d be far better off looking for a proper collaboration with a properly size inclusive brand.
But then, as has already been said upthread, perhaps she doesn’t really care and it’s just a means of making a living without actually doing much.

Her range seems to go upto a 30 which is probably not far off where she is size wise now in anything fitted. Most of her collection seems to be still available so it's not exactly a huge success and her attempted sales pitch of you need to buy quickly because they won't be restocking ...well they won't need to restock if it hasn't sold!

Her range seems to go upto a 30 which is probably not far off where she is size wise now in anything fitted. Most of her collection seems to be still available so it's not exactly a huge success and her attempted sales pitch of you need to buy quickly because they won't be restocking ...well they won't need to restock if it hasn't sold!
That woman she shared on her stories wore a size 22 and she looked nothing like a 22, the clothes fit her perfectly so it shows you just how crappy the sizing is! Also Jess has been in denial about her size for a very very long time, she is definitely nearing a 30. Most the things she gets that are a size 24/26 and fit her are stretchy fit so obviously they’ll stretch to fit her. But it’ll get to a certain stage where she won’t be able to deny it anymore. She’s not a size 24, hasn’t been for years!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.