Jessontheplussize #23 Dog is sick and house selling grief; never mind, I'm off to Tenerife!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone even believe she’s been “answering DMs all day”? You ever get a reply from her and I feel like if she were actually “working” she’d make herself known more!

Reactions: 8
I thought this too! She doesn't look a 22 so is she sizing up for ITS? I don't follow her so I don't know what her sizing usually is.
Right?! No, she normally has size 22, sometimes a 20. But she’s really honest about her size and the fit of clothes, quite refreshing actually!

Reactions: 3
"White British" why focusing on the colour?

Doing 10 collections a year. No surprise.
The article emphasised on him being a white male because most of the children/people who are working in those awful sweat shops are people of colour. Perhaps to someone who doesn’t see anything wrong in his response to the fast fashion thing you’d think him being a white male means nothing, but I guess they highlighted it because he’s yet another white man in power who is exploiting people of colour in sweat shops.

Reactions: 15
I thought this too! She doesn't look a 22 so is she sizing up for ITS? I don't follow her so I don't know what her sizing usually is.
She definitely doesn't look a 22, but those skirts look super stretchy! I've never looked at her page but she seems very...energetic 🤣 makes me think Jess is telling porkies about the sizing too. Funny that it's supposed to be a plus size range yet clearly looks so much better on smaller bodies 🙄 ITS just wants the fat pound without actually creating plus size designs.

She definitely doesn't look a 22, but those skirts look super stretchy! I've never looked at her page but she seems very...energetic 🤣 makes me think Jess is telling porkies about the sizing too. Funny that it's supposed to be a plus size range yet clearly looks so much better on smaller bodies 🙄 ITS just wants the fat pound without actually creating plus size designs.
She's so bit annoying, I followed her for a bit, but found her a bit whiney

Does anyone even believe she’s been “answering DMs all day”? You ever get a reply from her and I feel like if she were actually “working” she’d make herself known more!
Nah she’s defo full of tit. As if they regard replying to DMs as work. Copy and paste ‘thanks pet’ in every message no doubt

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The article emphasised on him being a white male because most of the children/people who are working in those awful sweat shops are people of colour. Perhaps to someone who doesn’t see anything wrong in his response to the fast fashion thing you’d think him being a white male means nothing, but I guess they highlighted it because he’s yet another white man in power who is exploiting people of colour in sweat shops.
Yes I know sweatshops are not in Europe anymore, but if he was an Asian exploiting Asians, would it be better or more excusable? Definitely not. Also try to replace the word white by gay or jew or black.
There's something ideologically wrong implied, especially in a conversation about human rights.

Reactions: 5
Yes I know sweatshops are not in Europe anymore, but if he was an Asian exploiting Asians, would it be better or more excusable? Definitely not. Also try to replace the word white by gay or jew or black.
There's something ideologically wrong implied, especially in a conversation about human rights.
But historically POC, Jewish or other minorities are the people that have been victimised or exploited so actually completely different to highlighting the fact he’s white.

Reactions: 2
I honestly don’t see it and I know someones said it before, but I think they are doing that with Ash
Exactly this. I personally cannot see any similarities between Jess and Jac apart from they are both modelling tit ITS clothes. Ash herself constantly goes on about loads of people saying to her that Jac and her could be sisters. I sort of see it and the fact Ashs collections are basically all old JJ ones makes me think ITS are trying to get another JJ but for a lot less money 😂

Reactions: 1
But historically POC, Jewish or other minorities are the people that have been victimised or exploited so actually completely different to highlighting the fact he’s white.
I am aware of world history and actual news of course. But men (and especially women) have been exploited by powerful people probably since the beginning of times. That's where the dichotomy really lies (social) and therefore the universalist concept of "all Men are born free and remain free and equal in rights". Just putting the colour in the spotlight is very reductive and a British/US cultural thing actually. It just looks odd to me.
Sorry for the derail.

How can she say its not fast fashion, she alone has had 5 collections already this year, one in January, one in February, one in May and 2 this month, all of them never to be seen again once the initial 'excitement' of the launch has passed

Reactions: 16
How can she say its not fast fashion, she alone has had 5 collections already this year, one in January, one in February, one in May and 2 this month, all of them never to be seen again once the initial 'excitement' of the launch has passed
For a fashion influencer, she knows not much about fashion. Basically, it's 2 collections a year : spring/summer and autumn/winter, not 10 collections a year as in fast fashion.
I mean she perfectly knows as she's not designing any of it (despite what she says), probably just chooses in an already selected presentation.

Reactions: 6
Jess really going on about this model looking fabulous in the collection, and she does. She is a size 18 and I’d say 5’9+, I thought some of the clothes looked lovely on Jess last night but after seeing them on this model I realise how good they can look. It’s almost showed up the flaws in Jess wearing them if that makes sense.
I totally get what you mean about the model showing how good the clothes can look and I think it's because the clothes fit the model properly. I wish that Jess wasn't so afraid of a clothes size label and just size up so that the clothes sit/hang right in her.

Example; didn't really like this dress, but swiped and saw it on the model and thought wow that's actually alright (still not buying it, mind you) but the fact its a smock dress tells you all you need to know about how it should fit. Floaty, not clingy.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I totally get what you mean about the model showing how good the clothes can look and I think it's because the clothes fit the model properly. I wish that Jess wasn't so afraid of a clothes size label and just size up so that the clothes sit/hang right in her.

Example; didn't really like this dress, but swiped and saw it on the model and thought wow that's actually alright (still not buying it, mind you) but the fact its a smock dress tells you all you need to know about how it should fit. Floaty, not clingy.
This is an exact example of how some clothes just don't translate into the bigger plus sizes. On Jess the cut is all wrong and just makes her look much bigger, yes the dress covers and disguises the wobbly bits but it's not flattering at all.

e.g ..It's the same with shirts that have pockets on the bust , fine on a smaller bust but awful on a much larger one.

Jess has zero input into the designing of her collections, picking material out of a book is not designing a collection! As a woman in a larger plus size body it's a crying shame she hasn't held ITS to account and made them take those considerations seriously.

She's taken the money and that's all that really matters to here.

Reactions: 10

Wow it looks like a different dress! Its nothing on jess basically a cover so your not naked, but on the model who is wearing the correct size for her, it's quite a nice dress. Still wouldnt buy it, there's loads in primark very similar if not the same & in a selection of colours for under £15

Just looked at the photos on the ITS app and although I think Jess looks fine, I can see why she isn't keen on them herself.

Why does the photographer take photos from below, making her chins and belly/ vag area more exaggerated? She honestly looks miles better in her own try-ons.

Reactions: 8
This is an exact example of how some clothes just don't translate into the bigger plus sizes. On Jess the cut is all wrong and just makes her look much bigger, yes the dress covers and disguises the wobbly bits but it's not flattering at all.

e.g ..It's the same with shirts that have pockets on the bust , fine on a smaller bust but awful on a much larger one.

Jess has zero input into the designing of her collections, picking material out of a book is not designing a collection! As a woman in a larger plus size body it's a crying shame she hasn't held ITS to account and made them take those considerations seriously.

She's taken the money and that's all that really matters to here.
I think some of this is just the ITS crappy designs/cut of their clothes which are neither flattering nor consistent.
The only ITS thing I've ever tried on (reduced in Asda, no way was I paying the ITS return postage charge!) fit really weirdly - I'm plus size, but relatively in proportion I think, but this wrap dress (a Stacey Solomon one, yes I hate myself but it was a nice pattern) was all over the place. I normally struggle with wrap dresses so sized up but even so the bust was tiny but the hips were massive (I have fairly wide hips but there was loads of material down there). It was also really really thin, almost see through.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.