Jessontheplusside #18 Never travelled as far as Seattle, even walking to the shops is a physical battle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jess going off at an episode of Come Dine With Me 🙄 Agree with what she was trying to say but it was just uncomfortable to watch!

Reactions: 3
Jess going off at an episode of Come Dine With Me 🙄 Agree with what she was trying to say but it was just uncomfortable to watch!
Ok I haven't seen the episode she was talking about, but the attitude that if you're fat you shouldn't want to have your photo taken (as the guests were implying) is fucked up. For once she was ranting about something valid!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Ok I haven't seen the episode she was talking about, but the attitude that if you're fat you shouldn't want to have your photo taken (as the guests were implying) is fucked up. For once she was ranting about something valid!
Am I missing something or was she on come dine with me like what

Never mind just watched her stories OK few too many drinks lads 😂😂😂😂👌🏿👌🏿👌🏿

Never mind just watched her stories OK few too many drinks lads 😂😂😂😂👌🏿👌🏿👌🏿
She'd be hilarious on it though. Not sorry

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Totally agree with her stance but I think her delivery of it could have been a lot better to get her point across and explain why those comments/views are damaging.
Hope that makes sense. Not sure how to word it 🙂

Reactions: 5
Totally agree with her stance but I think her delivery of it could have been a lot better to get her point across and explain why those comments/views are damaging.
Hope that makes sense. Not sure how to word it 🙂
She's not a very eloquent person at the best of times and I don't think we ever see her share views on serious topics - I guess her immediate reaction comes across a bit manic (I suppose she could have taken some time to think about it before recording the stories) but that's the Jess we know and love 😜

Reactions: 6
She's not a very eloquent person at the best of times and I don't think we ever see her share views on serious topics - I guess her immediate reaction comes across a bit manic (I suppose she could have taken some time to think about it before recording the stories) but that's the Jess we know and love 😜
The last time was blm, she jumped on that bandwagon, I say bandwagon because loads of influencers were passionate about it for 5 minutes and then once it wasn’t in the media as much they soon forgot about it. Other than that, she’s not political at all, I gues the next time will be when an Issue gains media coverage and she’ll be passionate about that for 5 minutes.

Reactions: 9
Reminds me of when a while ago she shared a story about how she wanted to read more before saying anything about Israel/Palestine as people had been asking for her views on it when it was in the news. Most world experts can’t come to an opinion on Israel and Palestine, let alone a fashion influencer from Newcastle who is neither Israeli or Palestinian.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Reminds me of when a while ago she shared a story about how she wanted to read more before saying anything about Israel/Palestine as people had been asking for her views on it when it was in the news. Most world experts can’t come to an opinion on Israel and Palestine, let alone a fashion influencer from Newcastle who is neither Israeli or Palestinian.
I'll never understand why people want the opinions of influencers, z listers or actual celebs.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'll never understand why people want the opinions of influencers, z listers or actual celebs.
I know right, I don’t care for what they think. Just show me the crap you’re trying to flog that you look ridiculous in 😏

Reactions: 4
Sometimes I think they’re damned if they do and they’re damned if they don’t. If they say something then they’re accused of jumping on the bandwagon and using things to up their engagement and if they don’t say anything people call them out for being shallow.

Reactions: 13
Sometimes I think they’re damned if they do and they’re damned if they don’t. If they say something then they’re accused of jumping on the bandwagon and using things to up their engagement and if they don’t say anything people call them out for being shallow.
I do think though they shouldn’t talk about issues they aren’t educated about. The problem with being an influencer is people will take your word as golden and therefore if you don’t know what you’re talking about, don’t talk about it.

I’ve seen tons of examples of influencers giving information that they absolutely shouldn’t be passing on because it‘s fake or false. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, obviously. You just have to be careful how you use a big platform it you have it.

Reactions: 8
I think it also struck a nerve with her because like the rest of us she is struggling with her body at this time of year.

Personally I don't want her to comment on the latest bandwagon because I know she's not posting from a position of knowledge and understanding of the situation but because she feels she has to be seen to be doing it like the rest of the instahuns.

Reactions: 10
But 9 times out of 10 it's jumping on a bandwagon to make them look good and to up their engagement.

In this case (BLM), most influencers did jump bandwagon, rightly or wrongly. If it was at all genuine, or you were truly passionate about equality or ending racism, then how come no posts now that it’s black history month? I’d have more respect for Jess if she did share some posts during black history month considering the volume of posts she made during BLM!

In this case (BLM), most influencers did jump bandwagon, rightly or wrongly. If it was at all genuine, or you were truly passionate about equality or ending racism, then how come no posts now that it’s black history month? I’d have more respect for Jess if she did share some posts during black history month considering the volume of posts she made during BLM!
Exactly that, it was constant BLM posts for a month or two and nothing since, which shows that she only shared the posts because others were and she felt she should.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.