Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are any of you guys patrons? I really enjoy their stuff but just feel they don't post enough. Also agreed on the Bebe confessions šŸ¤¢ to admit that during a pandemic as well, just so gross. I'm almost fascinated by how strange they are - the eclectic dress sense, pattern and colour clashing for days, strange lust for Bebe by Alfie and Jessie's youtube videos which to me are so niche and odd but funnily addictive to watch lol. I do wonder what their platform would have been like without Jessie's HP background though..

Also I keep seeing references about them being middle class. Has anyone got more info on that? I know they're from Ealing which is where I live and it's got its ni er parts but I wouldn't call it super affluent. Also Jessie mentions needing to sell her doddles to pay rent ect so seems they are struggling - but at the same time have that soho coffee vibe to them and clearly able to survive without a traditional job so that makes me curious too
I swear Iā€™ve heard Jessie talking about being from Herne Hill because she says it like Harn Hill and i always think about when Iā€™m nearby?

Not one bit of that family comes across as middle class. That she has lots of small children, wafting around doing a bit of work here and there, the off and on again boyfriend and the flatā€¦ it reminds me of that thing - whatā€™s classy if youā€™re rich but trashy if youā€™re poor. To be clear that isnā€™t my view that people who are like this are trashy. Just find it curious

I used to follow Jessie and Iā€™ve seen some of her shows but Iā€™ve come to find her insufferable when they started the podcasts - that stuff needed so many trigger warnings. I also find it extremely weird that she only really plays herself in things, and anything she produces is basically her life story? Surprise surprise, the book has basically the same name as her shows and is about ā€¦ her life! Thinly disguised as fictionā€¦ šŸ™„

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Seems like she is taking the Lavender niche and really squeezing all the juice possible from it.

Reactions: 3
Seems they are intent this episode on painting a picture of their childhood as some impoverished hand to mouth existence
They lived in a tiny house, all crammed into one room and didn't have any nice things
Interspersed with Bebe's mention of how their dad took them on holiday to Paris
Somehow I'm not buying it:LOL:

Reactions: 9
Yeah I found this last episode v weird - they have this massive #notlikeothergirls trope in general but in this episode in particular they really seemed to push the idea that they are just sooo odd and sooo quirky and unusual and have been that way since childhood bc of their super out of ordinary childhood. Like sure growing up with 4 siblings is not a common experience but the way they talk about it is just too much.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I found this last episode v weird - they have this massive #notlikeothergirls trope in general but in this episode in particular they really seemed to push the idea that they are just sooo odd and sooo quirky and unusual and have been that way since childhood bc of their super out of ordinary childhood. Like sure growing up with 4 siblings is not a common experience but the way they talk about it is just too much.
this!!! I think it irks me so much because I grew up with four siblings, also eldest girl, and we actually were broke af. Like, no curtains or heating or hot water - holidays to Paris and going to Westminster school were not on my radar to any extent.

Itā€™s so contrived. They must be so insecure deep down, and thatā€™s sad. I read recently that people downplay their childhood/inherited affluence in order to feel like they are more deserving of where they have got in life. This sounds like what theyā€™re doing in the recent episode. I canā€™t listen to it because it makes me furious but my partner does and tells me snippets šŸ™ƒ

anyone else find it super weird that theyā€™re both dating stand up comedians? What a kooky coincidence.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone know what their other brother does? Of course there's Ben and then Jamie I think is the doctor who just had a baby but then there has to be another brother that they just don't mention. Kinda weird haha

Reactions: 2
I read recently that people downplay their childhood/inherited affluence in order to feel like they are more deserving of where they have got in life.
Yes! Privileged people hate to acknowledge their privilege, and admit that private schools/nepotism gave them a leg up in life. They have no clue.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone know what their other brother does? Of course there's Ben and then Jamie I think is the doctor who just had a baby but then there has to be another brother that they just don't mention. Kinda weird haha
might be wrong but I donā€™t think Jamie is the dr who just had a baby - iirc Bebe said in the recent ep that she was 12 when Jamie was 15/16 and Jessie has said before that itā€™s their eldest brother who has just had a baby/ is a doctor. But yeah no idea what the third brother does

I think Robbie Lloyd is her older brother whoā€™s a doctor. Funny how some go by Cave and some by Lloyd.

Reactions: 5
Iā€™m struggling to listen to this episode the baby is so distracting surely heā€™s old enough now for her to leave him with Alfie for half an hour

Reactions: 3
Ooh okay that makes sense re the brothers.
Iā€™m struggling to listen to this episode the baby is so distracting surely heā€™s old enough now for her to leave him with Alfie for half an hour
I wonder if he's having to quarantine. In the last episode Jessie mentioned he was in Portugal and hoped he'd get back without having to quarantine but it was around the time Portugal went on the amber list so there's a good chance he didn't make it back in time.

One thing I do find weird is that Jessie would often talk about her mum having the older two kids while she was nearing her book deadline... just makes me wonder, what exactly was Alfie doing then? Was during lockdown so itā€™s not like he would have been out for gigs

Honestly I feel zero sympathy for Jessie. I struggle to follow her content anymore. It seems so removed from reality, and the fact that she hardly eats is a hard thing to see. I find Alfieā€™s sexual obsession with Bebe to be really weird and the probably the one thing I can understand about Jessie - her fear that Alfie will leave. I think that idea fits their ā€˜bohemian lifestyleā€™ image they have going - that off and on, will they/wonā€™t they relationship seems to be their aim. Otherwise they honestly make little sense together. The quirky artist thing is great if you have the money to support yourself, but unfortunately in this day and age if Jessie was really broke she wouldnā€™t be able to get away with the ā€˜poor, struggling artistā€™ troupe. Sheā€™s have to get a day job like the rest of us.

Can you imagine knowing your husband/boyfriend/father of your children clearly and unashamedly wanted to bang your sister?

I get real ā€œmassive gaslighting shitbagā€ vibes from him

Can you imagine knowing your husband/boyfriend/father of your children clearly and unashamedly wanted to bang your sister?

He gives me the same kind of vibes as another comedian, Sean Walsh, who gaslit his girlfriend and told her she was crazy for suspecting him of cheating until he was photographed kissing his strictly dance partner.

Especially considering that 1. He must have first met Bebe when she was a child/ teenager and 2. Bebe probably isnā€™t even objectively in his league (ie Alfie is considered much better looking - so itā€™s probs not even a looks thing itā€™s specifically Bebe as a person). Just makes me uneasy.

edit: realised point 2 comes across almost as bashing Bebeā€™s looks, not what I was trying to do but hopefully you get the point Iā€™m trying to make

Reactions: 1
Especially considering that 1. He must have first met Bebe when she was a child/ teenager and 2. Bebe probably isnā€™t even objectively in his league (ie Alfie is considered much better looking - so itā€™s probs not even a looks thing itā€™s specifically Bebe as a person). Just makes me uneasy.

edit: realised point 2 comes across almost as bashing Bebeā€™s looks, not what I was trying to do but hopefully you get the point Iā€™m trying to make
I really donā€™t think Alfie is objectively better looking than Bebe?!

theyā€™re both very attractive people but if weā€™re talking broad strokes then heā€™s much scruffier and would be less appealing to most people, I think, whereas she is a very slim and beautiful young woman which ticks more peopleā€™s boxes.

anyway we can all agree itā€™s weird regardless

Reactions: 7

When you mentioned Bebe and Alfie being in different leagues I was so sure you were suggesting that Bebeā€™s way ā€˜aboveā€™ his! I think sheā€™s stunningly beautiful and he really isnā€™t to me.

Absolutely still in agreement with you that his open fascination with her is really grim.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.