Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how things will be when there isn’t a baby around they’ve had a new baby almost constantly in their relationship and it seems to sort of be a key part of Jessie’s persona now. I don’t really buy into the Bebe Alfie thing I think it’s one of those things they say that they think will shock people. I got bad vibes about the pics of J & B all dressed up they looked beautiful but so tiny and I just felt I bet they are comparing themselves. You forget there’s an age gap there

Reactions: 6
I got bad vibes about the pics of J & B all dressed up they looked beautiful but so tiny and I just felt I bet they are comparing themselves. You forget there’s an age gap there
I feel like the age gap probably means they compare themselves less than sisters with a more normal age gap would? Idk maybe I’m wrong. I remember once Jessie said that she’s never jealous of Bebe like she is with others in the same industry and always just feel happy for her successes - and I think it must probs also be bc they do have such a big gap, I’m not sure that would be the case if they were maybe 2 or 3 years apart

I really don’t think Alfie is objectively better looking than Bebe?!

they’re both very attractive people but if we’re talking broad strokes then he’s much scruffier and would be less appealing to most people, I think, whereas she is a very slim and beautiful young woman which ticks more people’s boxes.

anyway we can all agree it’s weird regardless
When you mentioned Bebe and Alfie being in different leagues I was so sure you were suggesting that Bebe’s way ‘above’ his! I think she’s stunningly beautiful and he really isn’t to me.

Absolutely still in agreement with you that his open fascination with her is really grim.
Interesting, find these comments quite surprising but guess that goes to show it really is in the eye of the beholder. Though tbf I do agree that Alfie looks v scruffy and less appealing these days and has left himself go while Bebe definitely styles herself well and does really flattering makeup. I guess it’s more potential wise than how they actually currently look. I do think Alfie looked really good when him and Jessie first got together (eg in attached pic)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
He gives me the same kind of vibes as another comedian, Sean Walsh, who gaslit his girlfriend and told her she was crazy for suspecting him of cheating until he was photographed kissing his strictly dance partner.
YES. You’ve just named who it is he reminds me of but I couldn’t get to who if that makes sense?

Reactions: 4
I also found the last podcast a bit dull - I'm finding it hard to buy into the whole thing. It seems a lot more of a 'we're so different and kooky' schtick rather than a 'this is just us and how we are' type of vibe. I wonder how much Jessie is being paid for the recent news appearances, Giovanna's upcoming podcast, the landscape beach TV thing, the online story reading she's doing ect. It's one thing to try and say 'I'm doing so badly, I was rejected by the one show AND Cbeebies bedtime story because I'm not famous enough!' but then to have x amount of other reputable appearances scheduled it's not a convincing act.. Even Bebe looked surprised in the last podcast about how many jobs Jessie has booked!

Reactions: 3
They will all be advertising for the book. Anyone got it? I’m not that intrigued really think you can half guess what it’s gonna be like and ‘everything will be alright’ isn’t what I’d call a quote

I was considering getting it but I read the extract that's available on Amazon and now I don't think I'll bother. It seems like a lot of 'I'm so insecure and jealous of my perfect sister blah blah blah,' the writing is nothing special and she does this annoying thing of writing dialogue like it's a play or tumblr post or something like:

me: you're just doing that to annoy me
her: I'm energising my soul
me: you're soul doesn't need energising

So unnecessary! You should be able to tell who's speaking without spelling it out like that.

Also it's called a prologue not a prelude. Don't know why an editor didn't pick up on that :rolleyes:

Obviously I only read a few pages and I'm not saying the whole thing is bad but it's not my thing.

I was considering getting it but I read the extract that's available on Amazon and now I don't think I'll bother. It seems like a lot of 'I'm so insecure and jealous of my perfect sister blah blah blah,' the writing is nothing special and she does this annoying thing of writing dialogue like it's a play or tumblr post or something like:

So unnecessary! You should be able to tell who's speaking without spelling it out like that.

Also it's called a prologue not a prelude. Don't know why an editor didn't pick up on that :rolleyes:

Obviously I only read a few pages and I'm not saying the whole thing is bad but it's not my thing.
Exactly what I expected 🤣

Loool I listened to the first few chapters on Scribd (happy I didn't pay for it specifically) but you're right - the whole : Me, Her, Me way of speech was ridiculous. Especially hearing Bebe read it aloud and it not being words on the page made it even worse!

I've not read the book yet. Debating whether to pick it up or not, so might wait for someone else to do so and then I'll make a decision.
Anyone catch her comments on Harry Potter in The Independent? About her weight issues on the last film? Thoughts?

I've not read the book yet. Debating whether to pick it up or not, so might wait for someone else to do so and then I'll make a decision.
Anyone catch her comments on Harry Potter in The Independent? About her weight issues on the last film? Thoughts?
It’s sad that it’s affected her so much and she isn’t able to grow from it because she still clearly is restricting herself now - she’s very slim. I also worry about the message that it puts across to others if she’s like, this is what I experienced and I’m conforming to it still despite recognising how problematic it is.

Also I don’t believe the earring back story.

Anyone else find it a bit predictable that the two main characters sound like how she sees herself and bebe… she’s good, controlling caring, a go-getter, and the sister is aimless and ends up growing close to the boyfriend? Idk, I won’t be reading it.

I find it so embarrassing when she swears all the time too. Can’t she articulate her feelings in any other way?

Reactions: 2
"If I'd stayed thin – unnaturally thin, unhappily thin – I would have probably got more acting roles, and then I wouldn't have started writing. And then I don't know who I would be now because writing is who I am," she shared. "I'm almost grateful that I gained all that weight."

As if she actually is grateful that she gained weight. It's all she talks about! That, getting pregs after a one night stand and grief.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I think Jessie looked significantly more similar to Bebe at her highest weight. Her face was much more ‘full’.

9157059B-92FD-4AE5-81BD-1ADC0145FD34.jpeg

I remember this premiere fairly well as I was slightly shocked that Jessie was actually the eldest of the bunch. I think her insecurities made her seem far more vulnerable ( a slight air of naivety that made me assume she was younger).

Alfie has mentioned and hinted many a time that the Mother ( of Jessie and Bebe) views food as fuel and not for enjoyment. I can imagine that potentially that may have caused some self loathing ( feelings of loss of control) and guilt if Jessie ‘enjoyed’ food that wasn’t consumed purely for the nutritional benefits.

So... all that to say... it is obvious weight is a serious and complex problem for Jessie. I doubt she views that time as anything but horrifying ( even if she states otherwise in regards to relying on her writing skills). Her weight has fluctuated a fair amount of the years ( understandable considering her three young children).

I do wonder if the pressure ( from the mother over food and the ‘bad’ and ‘good’ food) led Jessie to feel her weight was being punished with lack of roles...instead of feeling like she was experiencing a natural lull in obtaining roles.

( I know that the average actress is heavily encouraged to maintain a set weight ...but Jessie was hardly going to nab the role of Rey in Star Wars was she! She fits far easier into off beat comedies)

Perhaps because she generally only fits into ‘quirky’ or ‘highly strung’ type casting she felt pressure to at least be skinny if her looks weren’t valued the same as Bebe ...

(I’m not saying that is the case as I think Jessie is refreshingly natural and exceptionally lovely/pretty...just waffling about why she seems so repetitive about how awful that time in her life was)

Reactions: 9
It’s not as if she’s done no acting since then though and I think would still go up for some parts I believe trollied was quite popular although obviously she’s since lost weight but can’t imagine like you say that her playing type would be hugely affected by her size. Totally agree it seems to be a family issue probably among the women and it’s a real shame but again it can be so triggering for their audience and that’s what annoys me even apparently crops up in the book so it’s also becoming a bit one note

Reactions: 5
Jessie Cave - cries broke and yet regularly wears dresses that cost as much as I earn in a week as part of her everyday clothing. 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Bebe is also best friends with Jonathan ross daughter honey.... They are in a few Instagram pictures together. How do you make friends in those circles if you act like you grew up poor????? 🙄

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.