Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jessie Cave - cries broke and yet regularly wears dresses that cost as much as I earn in a week as part of her everyday clothing. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
šŸ¤£ Some people have very different definitions of ā€œbrokeā€.

Someone I used to know moaned that her family were ā€œskintā€. Her definition of skint? Not having Ā£300 left at the end of each month to plough into savings. She liked to save Ā£300 a month but found herself unable to, ergo they were skint.

Iā€™m sure Jessieā€™s definition of broke is similar.

Reactions: 5
Bebe is also best friends with Jonathan ross daughter honey.... They are in a few Instagram pictures together. How do you make friends in those circles if you act like you grew up poor????? šŸ™„
Bebe and Jessie were guests on her podcast recently. It was worth a listen to as Honey's podcast is all about body positivity and hearing Jessie talk about her body insecurities (a lot!) to someone who is moribly obese is insensitive IMO.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Jessie Cave - cries broke and yet regularly wears dresses that cost as much as I earn in a week as part of her everyday clothing. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
I think I saw her mention in an Instagram comment that the pioneers dresses were borrowed if thatā€™s what youā€™re referring to

I think I saw her mention in an Instagram comment that the pioneers dresses were borrowed if thatā€™s what youā€™re referring to
If you look back through her photos sheā€™s wearing about 3 different dresses of theirs with no mention of borrowing them. She also bought her and her kids $400 a piece Marc jacobs tops. Iā€™d say sheā€™s doing ok for herself.

Reactions: 2
If you look back through her photos sheā€™s wearing about 3 different dresses of theirs with no mention of borrowing them. She also bought her and her kids $400 a piece Marc jacobs tops. Iā€™d say sheā€™s doing ok for herself.
Definitely not disputing that sheā€™s probably not as broke as she makes out but yeah I donā€™t think she is actually going out and buying super expensive clothes regularly either.

As for the MJ tops, they were a collab with Magda archer who does the music on their podcast and who theyā€™ve mentioned that they are friendly with and has gifted or lent them clothes, so Iā€™m assuming that was a gift too.

What I find more telling is things like randomly sending Alfie on holiday to Portugal in the middle of the year just to have more peace when moving into the new house, doesnā€™t sound like someone who is living from pay check to pay check at all

Attachments

I think Jessie looked significantly more similar to Bebe at her highest weight. Her face was much more ā€˜fullā€™.

View attachment 647896

I remember this premiere fairly well as I was slightly shocked that Jessie was actually the eldest of the bunch. I think her insecurities made her seem far more vulnerable ( a slight air of naivety that made me assume she was younger).

Alfie has mentioned and hinted many a time that the Mother ( of Jessie and Bebe) views food as fuel and not for enjoyment. I can imagine that potentially that may have caused some self loathing ( feelings of loss of control) and guilt if Jessie ā€˜enjoyedā€™ food that wasnā€™t consumed purely for the nutritional benefits.

So... all that to say... it is obvious weight is a serious and complex problem for Jessie. I doubt she views that time as anything but horrifying ( even if she states otherwise in regards to relying on her writing skills). Her weight has fluctuated a fair amount of the years ( understandable considering her three young children).

I do wonder if the pressure ( from the mother over food and the ā€˜badā€™ and ā€˜goodā€™ food) led Jessie to feel her weight was being punished with lack of roles...instead of feeling like she was experiencing a natural lull in obtaining roles.

( I know that the average actress is heavily encouraged to maintain a set weight ...but Jessie was hardly going to nab the role of Rey in Star Wars was she! She fits far easier into off beat comedies)

Perhaps because she generally only fits into ā€˜quirkyā€™ or ā€˜highly strungā€™ type casting she felt pressure to at least be skinny if her looks werenā€™t valued the same as Bebe ...

(Iā€™m not saying that is the case as I think Jessie is refreshingly natural and exceptionally lovely/pretty...just waffling about why she seems so repetitive about how awful that time in her life was)
It's so sad that she sees herself from then and talks about "all that weight" when she still had a gorgeous figure back then, I think anyone would feel like a house next to Emma Watson. Plus I'm very envious of her post-three children figure, I've had one and wish I looked as good as her! Suppose it's all relative from person to person.

I totally agree with BIB, her style (looks, acting, aesthetic) was always going to make her a niche actress and she's been shrewd to have a range of pursuits other than acting. Of the young actresses in HP movies, I feel (please correct me if I'm wrong) that Emma Watson is the only one to have done really well from them. Bonnie Wright, Katie Leung, Evanna Lynch etc no matter what they've done since then they haven't eclipsed HP. It's the media (esp the Daily Fail) that label Jessie as a 'Potter star/actress' but I think if you follow her you probably forget about Potter. I do, I think of the doodles, stand-up, kids and relationship with Alfie šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It's so sad that she sees herself from then and talks about "all that weight" when she still had a gorgeous figure back then, I think anyone would feel like a house next to Emma Watson. Plus I'm very envious of her post-three children figure, I've had one and wish I looked as good as her! Suppose it's all relative from person to person.

I totally agree with BIB, her style (looks, acting, aesthetic) was always going to make her a niche actress and she's been shrewd to have a range of pursuits other than acting. Of the young actresses in HP movies, I feel (please correct me if I'm wrong) that Emma Watson is the only one to have done really well from them. Bonnie Wright, Katie Leung, Evanna Lynch etc no matter what they've done since then they haven't eclipsed HP. It's the media (esp the Daily Fail) that label Jessie as a 'Potter star/actress' but I think if you follow her you probably forget about Potter. I do, I think of the doodles, stand-up, kids and relationship with Alfie šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Totally agree. I never think of HP when I think of her. I first knew of her in Glue and then saw her on Alan Carr promoting it whilst very pregnant with Donnie. She was so intriguing with her huge glasses, Rupunzel hair and zero make up! I thought she was refreshing. I followed her on IG purely because I wanted to know that her baby had arrived safely and then followed her ever since and I find her as curious now as I did then!

Also a shame that she's talked about how seeing the actresses on Friends be so skinny damaged her but doesn't consider the way she talks about weight could be damaging to other girls. Talking about 'all that weight' when she was barely a size 12. Obviously that was big for an actress at that time but she was hardly going to look svelte and elegant in that outfit next to Emma and Bonnie in their evening gowns, but that's her style and her choice. It annoys me the way she deliberately portrays herself as the 'kooky' girl and then negatively compares herself to conventionally 'hot' girls as if she could never look like that.

Reactions: 12
Oh I'm sure glad I found this thread. Saw her book in Waterstones at the weekend all the promotional quotes are from the usual suspects - Dolly Alderton, Pandora Sykes etc. which makes me think it's just the usual middle class back scratching (upper middle class obviously although not acknowledged because of the 'we are so kooky' schtick)

Reactions: 12
This sort of thing annoys me it doesnā€™t come across as kooky or like youā€™re having treats it comes over as disordered
8F556FD1-6F5F-4E26-8062-C30049A35192.jpeg

Reactions: 6
100% dark chocolate is almost inedible it is so bitter. I accidently bought a 100% easter egg for my vegan sister and she was so dissapointed šŸ¤£. Definitely comes across as disordered.
If it was a one off Iā€™d pay it no mind but itā€™s all the time even the strange little collection of things she sometimes shows as the kids meals

Reactions: 4
And then she talked in the podcast about how she just eats vegetables and beans with no seasoning or flavour. So odd.

She also mentioned in today's podcast that she was vegan? She said a few months ago that she isn't. A plant based diet isn't just veg and beans. Give it some flavour gurl!

I donā€™t think she could make it any clearer that she has an eating disorder and she doesnā€™t care who knows it. Interesting to hear that her mother was similar. I feel sorry for her daughter, in that case.

And itā€™s true that 100% cocoa chocolate tastes disgusting. Now I like really dark chocolate, and initially it does taste like really dark chocolate. Until, a second or two later, the flavour changes and it tastes like soil.

Sometimes people with EDs eat things that taste horrible to punish themselves for eating in the first place, or to ensure they donā€™t eat much of it. It kind of looks like that.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I mean, just because a lot of people find that it tastes disgusting doesn't mean that she does? I don't think it's fair to speculate that it is because of ED reasons or something. I have an ED and have had for years and although some of what Jessie says sounds odd, I think it's a stretch to label it a full on ED

I donā€™t think she could make it any clearer that she has an eating disorder and she doesnā€™t care who knows it. Interesting to hear that her mother was similar. I feel sorry for her daughter, in that case.
Yeah, they've mentioned before that they were brought up to see food more as fuel and not to really take pleasure in it. On the one hand, fine, not everyone cares that much for food, but then they'll frequently say things that suggest they actively have to suppress their appetites and can't eat what they'd really like to. So which is it?

Then there's the thing about how Jessie won't eat in front of people at work things and I think in the last podcast she said she didn't eat the food when she was on Sunday Brunch (a cooking show!) but didn't really say why. Is she just uncomfortable eating in front of people or is it an obvious sign of an eating disorder? I know which one I'd put money on. And they have the audacity to say that they're fine and healthy and just have the normal hangups that all women, especially actresses, have :rolleyes:.

Reactions: 4
I mean, just because a lot of people find that it tastes disgusting doesn't mean that she does? I don't think it's fair to speculate that it is because of ED reasons or something. I have an ED and have had for years and although some of what Jessie says sounds odd, I think it's a stretch to label it a full on ED
Have to agree with this, I quite like that Montezuma 100% cocoa stuff! I think she has poor self esteem and body image issues but I think speculation on a possible ED is maybe a bit too much of a stretch.

Reactions: 1
Itā€™s not a one off oh sheā€™s eaten a lot of 100% chocolate comment, if you follow her a long time itā€™s a lot of little things added together. Itā€™s clearly ā€˜disorderedā€™ eating sheā€™s open about it even on todayā€™s podcast

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.