Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
jessie saying that losing a sibling is
'losing a witness to your life' ?? what

Reactions: 2
At the risk of projecting a bit, I see some parallels with my childhood.

I am from a large family. I’m one of five siblings. My mum loved babies/toddlers. Once we got a bit older, I think she found parenting in a kind and emotionally supportive way, really hard.

Like with Alfie, my dad didn’t take a particularly active role in parenting as he was at work a lot, so it probably was very difficult for her.

However, I’ve come to realise that she’s actually quite narcissistic, which is very damaging to grow up with.

Children need consist parenting their whole lives not just when they’re cute little babies/toddlers.
I could have written your post! Am one of six, mum and dad weren’t very interested past the cute stage. I was a pretty neglected adolescent and it took years out of my teen and adult years to unpack all that. I only have one child because I want to pour all my attention and resources into her, bit extreme maybe but I try to avoid making my Narc mothers mistakes all the time.

Reactions: 9
jessie saying that losing a sibling is
'losing a witness to your life' ?? what
She’s said that pretty often and has previously attributed it to one of her other brothers but now seems to take it on as her own creation/saying. I guess what she means is that your siblings are the only ones who have come from the exact same place as you and witness your life and journey from start to end pretty much.

Reactions: 5
She’s said that pretty often and has previously attributed it to one of her other brothers but now seems to take it on as her own creation/saying. I guess what she means is that your siblings are the only ones who have come from the exact same place as you and witness your life and journey from start to end pretty much.
Exactly that. I understand what she means but from
another standpoint. I only have one sibling, much younger than me. So I have a ton of family memories that they don’t have because they weren’t around!

Reactions: 1
I'm sure that's what she meant, but it comes across as very self absorbed to describe them as a 'witness to your life' as if their main job is to stand around and look at you, and if they have the audacity to die, that is one less person to do that.

Reactions: 10
admittedly I've never lost a sibling but seems like an odd way of framing things to me

I'm sure that's what she meant, but it comes across as very self absorbed to describe them as a 'witness to your life' as if their main job is to stand around and look at you, and if they have the audacity to die, that is one less person to do that.
exactly! but she's clearly proud of her choice of phrasing 🥴 as a writer you'd think she'd be better with words

Last edited:
I think we have a challenger to reposting bitchy bathroom comments: reposting negative goodread reviews 😅

handling criticism like water off a duck's back

I think we have a challenger to reposting bitchy bathroom comments: reposting negative goodread reviews 😅

handling criticism like water off a duck's back
Funny, I actually thought she showed some growth and development with her recent ig post about her attitude towards exercise. I guess it's one step forward, two steps back

Funny, I actually thought she showed some growth and development with her recent ig post about her attitude towards exercise. I guess it's one step forward, two steps back
there's something quite bleak about her reading all her goodreads reviews

anyone see the news that jessie's fave 'yorkshire shepherdess' with a brood of 9 got a yellow flag from social services - has she got her own tattle page yet?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I can barely listen to the latest podcast featuring Alfie. Not only does he pass WAY too much comment on the clothing Jessie wears, but how she describes feeling like “she can’t believe she has a boyfriend”…. Wtf. 4 kids later and you have weird teenage thoughts like that. No wonder he takes the absolute piss, imagine knowing that your partner feels as though they don’t deserve to be with you!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
anyone see the news that jessie's fave 'yorkshire shepherdess' with a brood of 9 got a yellow flag from social services - has she got her own tattle page yet?
Yeah she's had a thread for a while but it's not hugely active

I haven't listened to the newest Jessie podcast with Alfie. do you think they did it because so many people were like - you went to the football final???

But, I have now listened to the Alfie podcast about Formula one! Weird really but some in my family - sister and her husband especially - have got into F1 over lockdown with the Netflix thing, and last weekend they recommended a podcast about it and I found it was Jessie's extremely busy boyfriend and father of her 4 kids. Quite weird now that I started following Jessie because of her doodles and now I'm consuming more of Alfie's 'content'. Anyway the thing is - the podcast is undeniably funny and my brother in law had never heard of alfie or jessie so it was weird to have it coming from that angle. I didn't say to him - Yes I know a LOT more about his partner and his kids and their life than I should...

I can barely listen to the latest podcast featuring Alfie. Not only does he pass WAY too much comment on the clothing Jessie wears, but how she describes feeling like “she can’t believe she has a boyfriend”…. Wtf. 4 kids later and you have weird teenage thoughts like that. No wonder he takes the absolute piss, imagine knowing that your partner feels as though they don’t deserve to be with you!
I find the way they atomise their relationship & being parents to four young kids quite odd

I find the way they atomise their relationship & being parents to four young kids quite odd
So odd. Like, they never refer to themselves as a family, do they? And Jessie's post the other day about trying to get all 4 kids out of the house and it being difficult, you'd think she was a single mum. Alfie's back and should be doing all the parenting stuff and letting Jessie take a backseat or only do the stuff she needs to do for Becker. She talked about (on WIK recently) feeling guilty about leaving the kids for anything, even work but it sure seems like Alfie doesn't.

Reactions: 5
moot point but jessie's preferred hairstyle of a top bun with her incredibly long and heavy hair is contributing to traction alopecia / receding hairline

I just wish she’d cut her hair. When you’re that invested in maintaining super long hair, even though it’s difficult to care for and doesn’t look particularly attractive, you have issues. I get the impression that she’s as obsessive about hair as she is about skin and not moving her face 😅 She really is neurotic.

Reactions: 15
Just seen that they've posted the podcast on youtube again. Maybe not getting enough views just on patreon?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.