Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lola UK

VIP Member
Did anyone watch the roast battle that they were on? It was absolutely brutal! I had to watch it through my hands. I’m way to sensitive to ever do it 😅

also their flat/house always looks soooo chaotic and messy I actually get stressed watching her stories sometimes

I do like her I just had to get that off my chest

Reactions: 7

Hubrisand

Chatty Member
The way Jessie talks about her relationship and the pessimistic view she has of it really makes me sad for her. Must be horrible having 3 kids with someone and claiming you want to grow old with them and be together forever whilst also in the same breath claiming that its 'extremely likely' that you're gonna break up and sleep with other people at some point.

• Sad

blueberriesarenice

I don’t hate them (what a silly escalation to say that about this thread.. hi Bebe) but I don’t like them and hey, this is tattle.. as a pp has said this is one of the tamest threads on here

blueberriesarenice

another passive aggressive post from Jessie today on IG because literally 1 or 2 people commented on her pregnancy podcast post saying baby nests aren’t necessarily that safe. it’s crazy that somebody so opinionated is so unable to handle criticism, surely showbiz would have given her a thick skin by now?! Also not like she’s a qualified health care practitioner dispensing this advice?

blatherer

Chatty Member
apparently horatio 'forced' bebe into doing stand-up and she didn't enjoy it and has since quit, he said she didn't bomb she just couldn't cope with doing kinda average and he was concerned that she wouldn't have been able to cope with actually bombing, also the whole experience was awful for her and he thinks acting is 'easier' / much cushy than stand-up

• Wow
  • Sad

blueberriesarenice

i do get that entertaining kids that age when they have so much energy is tough (although she has 2, so presumably they also play with/entertain each other), but yeah they do just seem to spend a lot of time indoors watching tv, its all over her insta all the time. at margot and donnies ages they need to play outside, see friends, maybe try out a hobby after school or on the weekend like sports, ballet or drama, or do cheap easy london day trips like the city farm, a museum, feed the ducks or go to a big playground. we just never see or hear about them doing this which in a family/parenting oriented "brand" seems off, its like jessie is advocating for a lazy parenting style. my 7 going on 8 year old would be so, so bored if we sat in just doing the odd bit of arts and crafts and binge watching tv when she wasnt at school. hope they do all this maybe with jessies mum or something, at least. (and it would def be easier with the other parent consistently around to pick up doing things like this with them despite the new baby).

jessie seems to have the time/energy for looking after a newborn and small toddler and 2 podcasts inbetween times, but not much else, and i feel sorry for her other kids. i guess she doesnt really get a mat leave as she is self employed and for that reason again, alfie should have stuck around to help -- she's trying to juggle earning and parenting and she just doesnt seem to be coping that well. i feel for her and wonder if she will ever just break down from the stress. she said she went right into writing after her brother died, and i think she is quite open about work being her coping mechanism. but from personal experience, the damage that can be done by ignoring your body and your mental health is huge and lasts a long time.

How old is Alfie? It’s unclear online - it says he’s 30 on google but he definitely seems older and in Jessie’s first show she says he was married before she got pregnant. If she’s 4 years older than him, was he married at 23?

Just my opinion but I think because they had children so young they've been stuck in that 20s dynamic and haven't been able to get out of it. Hence Jessie is really insecure about Alfie and Alfie is still doing the same old stuff about wanting to shag everyone.
I don’t think that having children comparatively younger than your peers - when he’s marketed himself as a deep thinker, and is clearly capable of introspection - is an excuse for having such little respect for your partner and family that you do stand up about how you want to shag everyone, and bargained having a kid on doing this.He’s been a parent for a long time now - why hasn’t he grown up?

I do agree that Jessie has him on a pedestal though, and that is a relatable dynamic. I wonder how many friends she has outside of bebe (who clearly idolises her) as she never mentions any, and what their take on the dynamic is.

Hubrisand

Chatty Member
are any patrons going to ask for a refund for September? I saw someone question the lack of content on Bebe’s Instagram and Jessie just said sorry and that there will be double the content in October. But Patreon operates on a monthly payment system, I don’t think it’s right of them to not issue blanket refunds to all their subscribers for this month

kittymeowlondon

Chatty Member
I think that’s the one he was going to do prior to lockdown etc, I think it was mentioned upthread that Jessie said he was allowed to have a one night stand while he was there as they’d had Tenn 🙄
she said he could shag as many as he wanted and whoever he wanted on the australia tour if he let her have the baby

• Wow
  • Sad
Quoting myself like a wanker but felt like my initial comment wasn't fair. Jessie does annoy me but I do have a soft spot for her, and based on what she's said in her podcasts, social content etc Alfie seems quite immature and that their relationship isn't the happiest. I do wonder if she'll eventually see the light and at some point find someone more reliable and responsible. But it could all be an act and he's a solid bloke, what do I know!
Funny, I completely agree. I really loathe Alfie and the more I hear of Jessie the more I like her (in a frustrating way) but this thread has made me tune into the “We can’t talk about that right now” podcast - which had me really engaged and laughing during a long and tedious cross country train journey yesterday. The last 3 episodes of that have been ok actually. Still don’t like her going on about wearing her 4 year old’s top on SM though.

17daize

I can’t believe she dragged those poor kids to Heathrow on the train to greet Poundland Russell Brand. What a simp

• Sad

blatherer

Chatty Member
I feel like Jessie doesn’t actually see anything concerning about her views on food and body image. She doesn’t appear aware of it at all.
their excuse is "we're actresses" 🤷‍♀️

I felt a huge responsibility when I became a parent, not to pass on my disordered thoughts around food and body image to my children. It was hard work to heal from that but I was desperate to break the cycle. I’m not sure Jessie sees things in the same way. Especially given some of her comments around her daughter’s body shape/size.
...as someone who has a fat-phobic parent and went on to develop disordered eating... YES!!!

on that point, it's interesting how differently jessie and bebe were themselves parented: bebe describes her childhood as being 'typical' 90s/00s (e.g. videogames, TV, junkfood) whereas jessie's seems to be more regimented (e.g. tennis lessons) - I wonder how much that has informed their different attitudes towards things 🤔

Last edited:

Topaz

Chatty Member
link to the post??
I was really intrigued by this as well. I couldn't fathom how someone who does politicised stand-up would get by without a connection to Rees-Mogg being thrown at him. Anyway, I assume this is the picture the poster was talking about. It's Alfie (presumably with a throwback to newborn Donnie or Margot) taking the piss outta JRM who's wearing a suit to hold his newborn (which is not sensible attire to have around the newly-born). I think that must be all there is to it💁🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• Haha

17daize

Jessie asked her followers to vote for him too. 200 thou Ron Weasley obsessives at her beck and call - it was a shoo-in 🤷‍♀️

• Haha

Libertine1975

VIP Member
Jessie used to show the kids faces in photos on stories etc, it was a fairly regular thing which has changed in the last couple.of years. I get it, they are getting older and they deserve a bit of privacy.

Sprezza

VIP Member
I quite enjoyed that podcast. Bebe was marginally less annoying than usual and despite the mention of calorie counting it didn't seem to have the usual level of toxicity. I'm confused as to why they have such strong feelings against therapy though.

Also do you think jessie actually tries not to move her face so she doesn't get wrinkles? Now that she's said it I can't help noticing that even when she's being quite animated her eyebrows don't really move. It's a bit odd that someone who tries to come across as so kooky and unconventional is so uptight about taking care of her face. But then she does seem quite uptight in general, like her personality is so at odds with her image.

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
It’s not a one off oh she’s eaten a lot of 100% chocolate comment, if you follow her a long time it’s a lot of little things added together. It’s clearly ‘disordered’ eating she’s open about it even on today’s podcast