Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s not a one off oh she’s eaten a lot of 100% chocolate comment, if you follow her a long time it’s a lot of little things added together. It’s clearly ‘disordered’ eating she’s open about it even on today’s podcast
Yeah, I’m also basing my judgment on everything I’ve heard her say about her eating habits and body image (combined with my knowledge and experience of the subject matter), not just the chocolate.

Edit: My previous comment stated that she does not seem to have an ED but that her eating habits may be considered odd and was response to those claiming she has an ED

Last edited:
As someone with a diagnosed ED ( a long ping pong history of restrictive and b/p AN).

There is a difference between disorder and disordered eating. A lot of people have disordered eating but not to the point of a full blown ED that is detrimental to the individuals health, financial security ( passing out at work isn’t a good idea) and interpersonal relationships.

It is fairly obvious she has disordered eating ( I think most would agree) but isn’t in the branch of having any active disorders. I think Ednos is a lot more rife and overlooked in society though.

(this is from pure observation over the years 😊)

Jessie has spoken enough about food, body image, weight loss ( ‘good’ food and ‘bad foods’) for us to observe the connection between her mothers influences and how she views food. The cake saga felt like self punishment ( Bebe and Jessie obviously feel guilt about finding food tasty. Most likely they feel as if Mama Cave ~ seemingly to them exerts such self control over food she doesn’t...ever cave and eat chocolate for enjoyment).

Bebe goes ‘all out’ for birthday cakes so maybe she sees celebrations as the time she can ‘enjoy’ or ‘indulge’. 🤷‍♂️

( side note I had a relative with disordered behaviour who would skip meals and have candy and biscuits instead of the proper food groups every time they experienced stress )

Anyhooo has anyone read her latest book? I think the cover is understated and lovely but I’m not sure about buying ( even if the cover alone tempts me).

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I think she does have an eating disorder honestly. Nobody is that thin after 3 babies without a decent level of starvation/excessive exercise.

Reactions: 3
Bit off topic guys but does anyone notice how Jessie always refers to Tenn as 'the baby.' At first I found it curious and now I find myself doing it in reference to my old child and its super annoying😭 Also I'd really love to get through a podcast that doesn't reference about breastfeeding and pregnancy at some point. I'm a mum of 2 and don't get me wrong I find that chat insightful mostly, but I always get the vibe that Jessie holds being a mother of 3 as something so unique to her and she has to juggle so much that NOONE else can understand, that if Bebe happened to have 3 kids down the line, she wouldn't have that thing that makes her different anymore and I wonder what she'd talk about. I'm interested in hearing about her hobbies (like more on the yoga/gym class thing she did), where she goes out in London when, more details on her house move, her parenting style, friends, the business side of being an artist/actress ect rather than most of her personal chat being about weight and babies. It's getting a bit one note for me

Reactions: 9
Bit off topic guys but does anyone notice how Jessie always refers to Tenn as 'the baby.' At first I found it curious and now I find myself doing it in reference to my old child and its super annoying😭 Also I'd really love to get through a podcast that doesn't reference about breastfeeding and pregnancy at some point. I'm a mum of 2 and don't get me wrong I find that chat insightful mostly, but I always get the vibe that Jessie holds being a mother of 3 as something so unique to her and she has to juggle so much that NOONE else can understand, that if Bebe happened to have 3 kids down the line, she wouldn't have that thing that makes her different anymore and I wonder what she'd talk about. I'm interested in hearing about her hobbies (like more on the yoga/gym class thing she did), where she goes out in London when, more details on her house move, her parenting style, friends, the business side of being an artist/actress ect rather than most of her personal chat being about weight and babies. It's getting a bit one note for me
Yeah they have this v annoying tendency to make every single thing about them sound like it's super unique and means that they are so different that most other people can't comprehend what it's like - like having 4 siblings, experiencing premature loss etc, being actresses that aren't thin, getting pregnant at 26, long hair. The one night stand to baby to relationship I admit is very unique so I don't mind if she talks about how that sets her apart but the other stuff isn't as abnormal as they think it is - wish they'd quit doing that and realise that it's ok to have experiences that others relate to

I honestly can't cope with her house 😳 how much stuff do they have?!
And before anyone states that they have 3 kids, snap! But I can bet you a million pounds my house looks nothing like that!

Reactions: 6
Bit off topic guys but does anyone notice how Jessie always refers to Tenn as 'the baby.' At first I found it curious and now I find myself doing it in reference to my old child and its super annoying😭
Amen to this! I genuinely think she regrets his awful name therefore always calls him 'the baby'. She initially called him Bam which isn't in keeping with her other children's names. It's like she had a bit more exposure in recent years, therefore wanted to ramp up the 'quirky' name choices. Tenn. Next one will be 11....

Reactions: 4
He was "Bam", because Alfie likes the name Abraham, so that was going to be his official name. Jessie announced that before Alfie had a chance to, right after their son was born. Then they went to register him and Jessie changed her mind, so they went for Tennessee, because Alfie likes the works of Tennessee Williams. His middle name is Benjamin, after Jessie's dead brother, his maternal uncle.

Reactions: 2
He was "Bam", because Alfie likes the name Abraham, so that was going to be his official name. Jessie announced that before Alfie had a chance to, right after their son was born. Then they went to register him and Jessie changed her mind, so they went for Tennessee, because Alfie likes the works of Tennessee Williams. His middle name is Benjamin, after Jessie's dead brother, his maternal uncle.
I’ve heard either Alfie or Jessie on a show or podcast or something (can’t remember exactly where or which one of them) retell the story of Jessie first telling Alfie she was pregnant (with Donnie) and she straight up just told him she’s keeping the baby and naming him Bam

So I think Bam’s always been a name Jessie’s liked and I guess they came up with Abraham to give him a longer official name that would work with the nickname Bam and they just got cold feet

Amen to this! I genuinely think she regrets his awful name therefore always calls him 'the baby'. She initially called him Bam which isn't in keeping with her other children's names. It's like she had a bit more exposure in recent years, therefore wanted to ramp up the 'quirky' name choices. Tenn. Next one will be 11....
I wouldn't be surprised if she's now not keen on the name, even in her written diary entries she calls him 'the baby', which is odd considering Donnie and Margot are written constantly throughout. Maybe she wants to cling onto the idea of always having a baby as she's been pregnant relatively back to back. Also seems she wants another but I remember her saying she wasn't sure if she could 'squeeze another out of Alfie' so could be that she wants to hold onto him being small. Still irks me a bit though..

Attachments

• Heart
Oh she wants a whole tribe of kids so she can fulfil her life dream of reading CBeebies Bedtime Story which will lead to a stint on The One Show. I do really like Jessie but a relatable parenting lifestyle blogger she's not.

Reactions: 3
I agree there's too much baby / kids chat. She also falls into the trap of thinking everyone else will find D and M as cute and adorable as she does! I actually don't want to listen to kids on podcasts. The only kids I'm interested is my own!

Reactions: 5
I agree there's too much baby / kids chat. She also falls into the trap of thinking everyone else will find D and M as cute and adorable as she does! I actually don't want to listen to kids on podcasts. The only kids I'm interested is my own!
Maybe I'd find them cute if we could see their faces but if she's going to keep them covered I don't see the point in her taking so many pictures and trying to include them in the podcast

Maybe I'd find them cute if we could see their faces but if she's going to keep them covered I don't see the point in her taking so many pictures and trying to include them in the podcast
Exactly! I think she's put herself in a tricky box because her career tends to revolve around her oversharing but most of the interesting things she's based content on before (one night stand, split from Alfie, pregnancy, dating as a single mum) is all behind her and she doesn't fit that neurotic character anymore. Now the only things she has to share about her personal life would be the kids and her family life. But with her being unwilling to show the kids (which is understandable) and she doesn't talk much about anythingggg if its not to do with sex, weight or TV then the content is just a little stale. Her posts are also out of context like did she take a plane the other day? Is she abroad right now? I feel like she's trying to make the audience feel we know her whilst actually keeping interesting life, career and outings ect quite private. I think this is fine if your career didn't start off based on sharing deeply about your life but anyway. Sidenote is that its so clever of her to use reposting stories to boost interest in Sunset - fans can literally get no response from her on insta, dms or even patreon so that's the only way to receive any acknowledgement!

I really agree with this. I’m a parent and I much prefer the other stuff she talks about rather than her children.

Reactions: 1
Sidenote is that its so clever of her to use reposting stories to boost interest in Sunset - fans can literally get no response from her on insta, dms or even patreon so that's the only way to receive any acknowledgement!
Yes I've noticed this. She manages to like or reply to other celebs or people she knows, but her fans/everyone else get ignored. I find that quite rude about her. It's not as if she gets so many comments she can't even acknowledge them.

Yes I've noticed this. She manages to like or reply to other celebs or people she knows, but her fans/everyone else get ignored. I find that quite rude about her. It's not as if she gets so many comments she can't even acknowledge them.
Absolutely! I understand ignoring the die hard Potter fans quoting 'won won' or Lavender, but I agree its rude ignoring people who genuinely leave a nice comment. The responding to celebs thing you mentioned jsut makes it look like all she cares about us responding to people she thinks can help her or are useful to her in some way. She was really happy about Kevin from Strictly following her on instagram). P.S. I'm also a huge Harry Potter fan but I'm 28 and it seems to be the younger new fans who spam with the potter comments - wish she wouldn't tar us all with the same brush!

• Heart
I never even think of her as HP as that isn't really her selling point anymore. The HP comments drive me mad so don't blame her for ignoring them but would be nice to get some likes from her to 'normal' people who fund her lifestyle.

• Heart
I’m sorry, but I really don’t understand masking her kids. It reminds me of Michael Jackson used to do. It makes no sense. She’s not that famous. It seems ridiculous to go to such an effort to have them involved, but then make them cover their faces. Just seems really weird.

I have to take breaks from Jessie’s Instagram.The thinner she gets, the more triggering it is. She has that eating disorder vibe of being both miserable because she’s not eating and estatically happy/proud of herself for being so thin. I know it well as I used to be the same.
I used to be a massive Alfie fan. Supported him on twitch and all that. Once he got a little press attention he dropped us all though. Kinda like we were no longer good enough once he was getting a bigger bit of fame.
It seems no matter what they say, celebrities truely believe they are better than the rest of us. Jessie and Alfie are two prime examples of this.

Reactions: 6
Perfectly reasonably to hide the kids faces, they can't really consent to their image being published and it's of no benefit to anyone. Katherine Ryan does the same with her child and it would be my preferred stance. We are not owed access to these children.

I feel like for a family where they got coronavirus and everything they seem cavalier about the mask restrictions lifting in the UK.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.