Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw Alfies WIP stand up the other night and it went badly....
He said Jessie is the breadwinner and explained she was on Harry Potter.
The audience was silent and he said " oh that usually gets a response"
he carried it on to say she was in the half. blood. prince
again expected a reaction and paused but audience remained silent

a man went up to go to the loo during his set and he said it would be better than the show
another man left and didnt come back

alfie opened by asking if i was okay
i said yes
he then asked when the last time i was scared was
i said i was rarely scared.

he said he wants to shag everyone he sees - hmmmm
he said jessie wanted a third child and he didnt and he thought that he would win but didnt explain why
he said they made a deal that if she got pregnant before he left for his tour in australia he could shag anyone he wanted to in australia
she agreed and got pregnant but then covid cancelled his tour
he was holding tenn and realised jessie had won

i do wonder how much jessie provides for the household cos it must be loadssssssss

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20

a man went up to go to the loo during his set and he said it would be better than the show

i said yes

he said jessie wanted a third child and he didnt and he thought that he would win but didnt explain why
he said they made a deal that if she got pregnant before he left for his tour in australia he could shag anyone he wanted to in australia

i do wonder how much jessie provides for the household cos it must be loadssssssss
This is so gross, I know things are played up for laughs but talking like that about the woman who has carried and birthed 3 of your children is disgusting

• Sad
Reactions: 18

i said yes

Wow, thanks for sharing! That's so cringey that the jokes bombed as well... Im not sure why Jessie promotes his work so happily when it doesn't put neither him or her in the best light 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Hello everyone! I've been following the thread and wanted to join.
I've thought about this - when one person is a creative in a risky job, but the other person in the relationship is the breadwinner, as in Alfie's situation. I wonder if it means the creative won't try as hard, or if it means they won't be as 'commercial' - but it surely makes a difference to their artistic choices, when money isn't driving them in the same way?

I had to stop watching the podcast (I used to follow it on YouTube) because I don't think they reflect what it is really like to be an actor or writer in London. Their 'struggle' isn't the same as others, and I felt, weirdly perhaps, that it would have an adverse on my own work ethic. They did appeal to me in the way no other podcasters, did though.

Also, the way they talk about food is triggering. When they mentioned Nicole Ritchie (a while back now), my reaction was 'I thought we were past this!'
They don't care about triggering people, or they'd preface the podcast with a little and well-meant warning.

• Heart
The whole laddish comedian 'I wanna shag anything that moves' stand-up routine is a bit dated, no? Maybe why he hasn't had more success. In the same way Jessie's approach to being a woman in the media feels quite dated. It's like they're both stuck in an early 2000s time warp. Like the above poster said, they always leave me thinking 'I thought we were past this!'

Reactions: 11

i said yes

That is so grim. I’d be so embarrassed if I were Jessie

Reactions: 8
Lovely to think the children will grow up knowing dear daddy does stand up gigs disrespecting their mother.

That type of humour is dull, dated perhaps indicative that Alfie needs to get a life ( or observe more of it in order to craft decent material ).

I know their relationship is fucked, even they freely admit that but....having to trade your partner having sex with other people in exchange for another child 😲😥 It really is grim. Not to mention completely gross. If Alfie didn't want a third kid that is his right and Jessie should understand that, but for him to use it as leverage to get his leg over 😤
Whether it's true or not, it's sadly believable.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
If that’s his idea of a joke he needs to look for another job. He was weird on her stories yesterday about love island getting excited by the sight of some snogging

• Sick
Reactions: 4
If that’s his idea of a joke he needs to look for another job. He was weird on her stories yesterday about love island getting excited by the sight of some snogging
Looks like she's deleted it from her stories 😅 I wonder if it was herself watching it back thinking 'nah that looks weird' or Alfie /Bebe suggested she take it down! Unfortunately I missed the stories lol

Reactions: 3
I have seen a bit of Alfie Brown's early work, and plenty of his Twitch. I've actually been impressed with some of his insights on culture before, but from what kittmeow said, I think it might be a bit too obvious atm how he is reusing old material and themes. A lot of comedians do this though. A year ago, I heard Sara Pascoe say how she knows comedians who still do 'single gal/guy' first person stories and jokes on stage, (this is like 'What happened to me the other day as a single gal') even though they have been married for a year or two.

I think when his Twitch phase didn't take off (and it wasn't what he really wanted to do, anyway), and then he got Covid... I think he sees the pandemic as damaging his career, just felt a bit crappy about things, and this is how it comes out.

With this couple, I feel like they don't bring out the best in each other. But they like each other, or there wouldn't be three kids, haha.

Reactions: 5
Whenever Jessie talks about Alfie on the podcast or insta she never fails to make him sound like some lecherous, seventies throwback, Benny Hill type. Like with the boob calendar thing a couple of podcasts ago. Obviously he does his fair share to come across this way too but it always surprises me that Jessie is so happy for her bf and father of her children to be portrayed this way. I think she actually thinks it's endearing or something.

Reactions: 6
Whenever Jessie talks about Alfie on the podcast or insta she never fails to make him sound like some lecherous, seventies throwback, Benny Hill type. Like with the boob calendar thing a couple of podcasts ago. Obviously he does his fair share to come across this way too but it always surprises me that Jessie is so happy for her bf and father of her children to be portrayed this way. I think she actually thinks it's endearing or something.
I find it’s like a defence mechanism in a ‘oh he’s really a confirmed bachelor’ way so no one asks when they’re getting married or if anything happened and they split again that would be the reason

Reactions: 3
To me Jessie had the babies with the guy we all fancied in our early 20s when our self esteem wasn't as high as it should be and we thought he was out of our league... what normally happens is you go your separate ways, you meet someone else (better suited!) when you're older and the guy also grows up eventually - I'm guessing! But you don't stay in touch 😂
Just my opinion but I think because they had children so young they've been stuck in that 20s dynamic and haven't been able to get out of it. Hence Jessie is really insecure about Alfie and Alfie is still doing the same old stuff about wanting to shag everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
To me Jessie had the babies with the guy we all fancied in our early 20s when our self esteem wasn't as high as it should be and we thought he was out of our league... what normally happens is you go your separate ways, you meet someone else (better suited!) when you're older and the guy also grows up eventually - I'm guessing! But you don't stay in touch 😂
Just my opinion but I think because they had children so young they've been stuck in that 20s dynamic and haven't been able to get out of it. Hence Jessie is really insecure about Alfie and Alfie is still doing the same old stuff about wanting to shag everyone.
That's so insightful. I love this.

Jessie is 34, she would have had the oldest one at about 27. I wouldn’t say that’s a particularly young age to have a child! I think they’re just a toxic couple.

Reactions: 4
It's not young young - but it is for London / media / professional circles. The only people I know who had children in their 20s are religious 😂

How old is Alfie? It’s unclear online - it says he’s 30 on google but he definitely seems older and in Jessie’s first show she says he was married before she got pregnant. If she’s 4 years older than him, was he married at 23?

I don’t think that having children comparatively younger than your peers - when he’s marketed himself as a deep thinker, and is clearly capable of introspection - is an excuse for having such little respect for your partner and family that you do stand up about how you want to shag everyone, and bargained having a kid on doing this.He’s been a parent for a long time now - why hasn’t he grown up?

I do agree that Jessie has him on a pedestal though, and that is a relatable dynamic. I wonder how many friends she has outside of bebe (who clearly idolises her) as she never mentions any, and what their take on the dynamic is.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.