Jessica Millichamp @jessontheplussize

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The new Pink Clove edit is awful! I LOVE Jess but the clothes in this edit are sooooo bad. Nothing looks like it’s fits properly!
Came here for this. They look terrible! Jess usually pulls off clothes great and styles them well but they do nothing for her fuller figure at all.

Reactions: 3
I usually love Jess’s style and how she puts things together and embraces her size. But her range is naff! Doesn’t entice me at all!
What I want is honest opinions from plus size people from high street stores or online stores not to buy things like others have said “picked off a random rail”

I agree. Nothing fits right and all this ''size up'' business is wrong. It should fit the size on the label, end of. If I was putting my name to an edit I'd want it to be half decent. I think everything looks cheap and I'll fitting and not one thing looks good. Jess usually dresses her size very well and is stylish but these outfits are not a good look for her.
Soz but this collection needs to get in the bin

Reactions: 4
I agree. Nothing fits right and all this ''size up'' business is wrong. It should fit the size on the label, end of. If I was putting my name to an edit I'd want it to be half decent. I think everything looks cheap and I'll fitting and not one thing looks good. Jess usually dresses her size very well and is stylish but these outfits are not a good look for her.
Soz but this collection needs to get in the bin
Straight in the bin! Nothing has jumped out at me for looking nice and I’d be concerned as to why she’s having to go for size 28’s when she’s a 24! Surely if she’s had any kind of input she’d have chose clothes that actually fit and flatter her body.

Straight in the bin! Nothing has jumped out at me for looking nice and I’d be concerned as to why she’s having to go for size 28’s when she’s a 24! Surely if she’s had any kind of input she’d have chose clothes that actually fit and flatter her body.
Absolutely 👌 theres no way shes had a hand in designing these clothes cos that would be the first thing you'd correct. She's simply picked some clothes off a rail and put her name to them. Poor really cos she's done herself no favours at all.
Am I the only one that thinks she looks mega awkward in all the photos of her launch as if she knows its pure trash? She looks like she wants to fade into the background whereas we all know, that ain't Jess usually

Reactions: 1
Absolutely 👌 theres no way shes had a hand in designing these clothes cos that would be the first thing you'd correct. She's simply picked some clothes off a rail and put her name to them. Poor really cos she's done herself no favours at all.
Am I the only one that thinks she looks mega awkward in all the photos of her launch as if she knows its pure trash? She looks like she wants to fade into the background whereas we all know, that ain't Jess usually
A thousand percent spot on! She went up for a day not long ago so like you say she’ll have just chosen a bunch of clothes off a rail! No amount of money would tempt me to put my name against something so tit! The way she said they listened to the criticism of the last edit and changed it this time round yet she’s had to size up for most of the outfits 🤣 oh yeah you could tell she just didn’t want to be there haha majorly awkward

This doesnt even photograph well let alone in real life. Those pants are all kinds of wrong and the fit on everything...no no no Jess.

Seriously, what an actual flop.

20191018_234635.jpg

Awful. Makes her look bigger than she is and take away her nice curves.
Makes her legs look as wide as they are long. Not a good look on her. She usually dresses her figure beautifully and always looks well turned out. This edit is pure trash. End of.

I was quite surprised by how big she looked in the photos. I'm a big girl too so I'm not fat shaming but I really think the clothes she picked for her edit are very unflattering. She made no effort at all going to that photoshoot...she looked like she hadn't even washed her hair when she got the train to Manchester for it 🙄

Reactions: 7
I am despairing with insta now. I used to think jess was quite down to earth but she has jumped on the 'press trip' bandwagon that seems to be getting all the influencers out of declaring things properly. Are they classed as journalists now?

Reactions: 2
I am despairing with insta now. I used to think jess was quite down to earth but she has jumped on the 'press trip' bandwagon that seems to be getting all the influencers out of declaring things properly. Are they classed as journalists now?
I say fair play to her at least she is doing something on these trips unlike some who just go and stay in free accommodation around the country and order deliveroo lol. One thing I will say though all these brands that she works with seem to have tit clothes. They’re designed at plus size ladies yet they do nothing for a plus size shape at all. I do think we must try our best to dress for our size but Not one of these companies sell flattering for bigger bodies clothes.

I see where you're coming from, but 6 to 12 months ago this same trip was ad or gifted. So what's changed. Most of them are at this press trip angle now which makes me think it is a new 'thing'. She seems like a lovely person.

I say fair play to her at least she is doing something on these trips unlike some who just go and stay in free accommodation around the country and order deliveroo lol. One thing I will say though all these brands that she works with seem to have tit clothes. They’re designed at plus size ladies yet they do nothing for a plus size shape at all. I do think we must try our best to dress for our size but Not one of these companies sell flattering for bigger bodies clothes.
I agree, those tops she was showing last night would look amazing on my little sisters (who are size 8/10 at most) NOT on me and my massive jugs and belly! LOL they look cheap too!

I see where you're coming from, but 6 to 12 months ago this same trip was ad or gifted. So what's changed. Most of them are at this press trip angle now which makes me think it is a new 'thing'. She seems like a lovely person.
She seems really lovely but she's such a sell out now. I feel so let down by her promoting brands like Matalan and even Simply Be who don't use plus size models to promote their plus size clothing 🤷‍♀️

Tonight’s new haul is an absolute shocking fit it looks horrendous on her😳
Every thing is too small despite her getting a size 28!

Reactions: 5
The whole collection is awful 🙈
The pleated skirt that's supposed to swing was more like a pencil skirt on her, even in a size 28!! The orange trousers were such an odd length and the pinstripe trousers were far too long despite her Gran taking 3 inches off them, because Jess is incapable of doing anything herself 🙄

Her lack of effort with everything annoys me and her grubbiness actually sickens me! She sat around her filthy house all day in her pyjamas, then put makeup on at tea time to do a haul on clothes that were released weeks ago. Even though she said she was stinking, she got back into her pyjamas and didn't bathe for a good few hours later 🤢

Was thinking that about those orange trousers, said she sized up twice but didn't need to.....where about hun they were skin tight!!! The dresses looked true to size but not my thing.

The only thing that was nice out of the haul was the black and flowery dress. Those orange trousers looked awful around her lower stomach. Not fat shaming, just don’t think they’re flattering AT ALL.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.