Jeremy Clarkson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is megan merkle a protected species that no one can insult? I'm shocked that It was such a big deal. Satire is allowed, where religious icons are mocked. Megan is a z lister from the sleezy hollywood cesspit šŸ˜„

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Jeremy clarkson is willingly contracted to write an editorial with a racist, hate speech, misogynistic tabloid newspaper. I will indeed tar him with the same brush. Those who wish to distance themselves from this kind of behaviour and opinions do not associate with this kind of publication. JC is part of the media, he has a wide reach and a platform which he is choosing to be part of the gutter press. He should be called out on his choices.

@HairyWeeTerrier
I feel a bit sorry for you in some ways, as ignorance is always a pity. It is the case that the wealthy (mostly white) western world govern the income of poorer countries. To keep cost low to generate huge profits leads to desperate measures within the countries to keep up mass production. There are so many examples of this, Shein, sugar production to name only 2 which have been in the media recently where the working conditions are awful because the entire economy is reliant on the income from the U.K./US and they have no power to make internal changes or improve legislation because no one really cares about them, they just want the profits and products. People do indeed live in countries where everyone is seen as commodity, but that is driven by the wealthy countries who use these workforces. It was interesting to see you making it sound like it was a fair choice of a country in the Far East.

Countries who commit atrocities against their own citizens is obviously not always racism though is it, why would you think that? Iā€™m not sure what you mean by this? I donā€™t really understand how you are linking those together, but anyway. It is often driven by money, and power. Our own country tore through most of the world gathering up peoples precious history, enslaving, stealing and killing and we are still seeing the fall out of the damage we did in many places, including Africa.

No one is mixed race, there is only 1 race in the world and it is the human race. It is someoneā€™s ethnicity and their features that differ based on your ancestry and origins.

Going to London and seeing black waiters once and cutting your friend off for not liking them doesnā€™t give you a ā€˜Iā€™m not a racistā€™ badge of honour because you did one decent thing once šŸ¤£
Of course, I am ignorant, but you know what they say ? Ignorance is bliss. šŸ˜‡

Oops, I realise that now.
Think Iā€™m getting mixed up, I quoted the wrong post šŸ˜‚ should have gone to the person who thought you were serious. šŸ˜‰

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
You're coming across as extremely unpleasant in your posts. Just saying.

ETA:
View attachment 1829095
Am I?
Gosh!
Why should I care what or whom you find unpleasant?

Particularly when you then go on to quote nonsense about "beguiling women" and "black women bamboozling white men". I neither know nor care what publication you have dragged these quotes from. Though I suspect it to be the type which for at least the past five years, has been peddling these accusations against Asian women (in particular).

I would supply the the numerous relevant citations.
But it would be sadly be of little use.
As you would not read them, for fear of an original thought entering your head.
You are clearly more intent on signalling your virtue, than actually possessing any.

But good luck with your witch hunting.
Just don't burn your fingers...

This thread has very quickly turned from being about Jeremy Clarkson to being about The Sun.
It was always about the Sun.
Certain types have been trained to hate it like Pavlov's dogs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Though I suspect it to be the type which for at least the past five years, has been peddling these accusations against Asian women (in particular).
I haven't a clue what you're referring to (in particular).

I would supply the the numerous relevant citations.
But it would be sadly be of little use.
As you would not read them, for fear of an original thought entering your head.
You are clearly more intent on signalling your virtue, than actually possessing any.
Go on then. I strongly suspect you have none.

But this thread is about Clarkson, so if you're only here to berate Meghan & Harry then I don't see the point in continuing this discussion.

Reactions: 4

But this thread is about Clarkson, so if you're only here to berate Meghan & Harry then I don't see the point in continuing this discussion.
My original post and the subsequent personal attacks on me were originally posted in the Harry and Meghan thread. One of the moderators moved them to this thread.
Has got rather funny now although I read either The Sun or News of the World every weekend as a child and now followThe Sun on fb because I thought Clarkson was a bit OTT in his article and that apology timescales should be the same for all.
I am 'a certain type who's been trained to hate it'

However to bring the thread back to Clarkson sometimes he can be funny and sometimes just an arse.

Reactions: 1
Being an overprivileged chavvy gammon is basically Clarkson's USP (unfortunately). I can see where he sourced that outflow of utter sewage from GoT, but that one should have been left in Drafts to be reviewed later, then quietly deleted.

Reactions: 4
Jeremy clarkson is willingly contracted to write an editorial with a racist, hate speech, misogynistic tabloid newspaper. I will indeed tar him with the same brush. Those who wish to distance themselves from this kind of behaviour and opinions do not associate with this kind of publication. JC is part of the media, he has a wide reach and a platform which he is choosing to be part of the gutter press. He should be called out on his choices.

@HairyWeeTerrier
I feel a bit sorry for you in some ways, as ignorance is always a pity. It is the case that the wealthy (mostly white) western world govern the income of poorer countries. To keep cost low to generate huge profits leads to desperate measures within the countries to keep up mass production. There are so many examples of this, Shein, sugar production to name only 2 which have been in the media recently where the working conditions are awful because the entire economy is reliant on the income from the U.K./US and they have no power to make internal changes or improve legislation because no one really cares about them, they just want the profits and products. People do indeed live in countries where everyone is seen as commodity, but that is driven by the wealthy countries who use these workforces. It was interesting to see you making it sound like it was a fair choice of a country in the Far East.

Countries who commit atrocities against their own citizens is obviously not always racism though is it, why would you think that? Iā€™m not sure what you mean by this? I donā€™t really understand how you are linking those together, but anyway. It is often driven by money, and power. Our own country tore through most of the world gathering up peoples precious history, enslaving, stealing and killing and we are still seeing the fall out of the damage we did in many places, including Africa.

No one is mixed race, there is only 1 race in the world and it is the human race. It is someoneā€™s ethnicity and their features that differ based on your ancestry and origins.

Going to London and seeing black waiters once and cutting your friend off for not liking them doesnā€™t give you a ā€˜Iā€™m not a racistā€™ badge of honour because you did one decent thing once šŸ¤£
Itā€™s a bit racist to say Far East. Didnā€™t they mention that in your Critical Race Theory courses and/or YouTube videos? Shame on you for using such an antiquated Eurocentric term and then lecturing others about their racism. Youā€™re clearly not quite pure enough in your thinking yet so off with your own ā€œIā€™m not a racistā€ badge and off you go to the gulags for a bit of re-education.

Oh yeah, Clarkson - paid to be controversial, scored another hit I guess, and all forgotten about by this time next week. Whether or not anyone thinks heā€™s a misogynist is purely subjective, and the way that word is used gives it less and less meaning anyway. The most annoying thing is that heā€™s given the Harkles a bit more ammunition about how everyone hates her.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Itā€™s a bit racist to say Far East. Didnā€™t they mention that in your Critical Race Theory courses and/or YouTube videos? Shame on you for using such an antiquated Eurocentric term and then lecturing others about their racism. Youā€™re clearly not quite pure enough in your thinking yet so off with your own ā€œIā€™m not a racistā€ badge and off you go to the gulags for a bit of re-education.

Oh yeah, Clarkson - paid to be controversial, scored another hit I guess, and all forgotten about by this time next week. Whether or not anyone thinks heā€™s a misogynist is purely subjective, and the way that word is used gives it less and less meaning anyway. The most annoying thing is that heā€™s given the Harkles a bit more ammunition about how everyone hates her.
Was this to me about the Far East? As I was responding to the original poster who mentioned this description in their post to me, I referenced their post back to them

This is a thread about Clarkson, not H&M they have their own thread.

Last edited:

I was the one who used the term ā€˜Far Eastā€™ I am 74, so am not quite up to speed about what it is acceptable to say. I had absolutely no idea that it was now a derogatory term. If I have offended anyone, then I am very sorry. Also, the word ā€˜Eurocentricā€™ is one I have never heard before, I have had to Google it.
So I shall hang my head in shame, and admit that I still like Jeremy Clarkson, on the whole. So I must be a racist, a misogynist, and no doubt everything else that is described by the latest buzzword. But if I donā€™t like Meghan and Harry, I am entitled to say it without being accused of racism or misogyny. Because it is utter *******.
Is it still okay to say ā€œThe Westā€ or the ā€œWestern Worldā€œ. Asking for a friend.

Was this to me about the Far East? As I was responding to the original poster who mentioned this description in their post to me, I referenced their post back to them

This is a thread about Clarkson, not H&M they have their own thread.
I think it is patently obvious that we are talking about Clarkson because of his comments about Meghan Markle. So wind your neck in.

Reactions: 6
I was the one who used the term ā€˜Far Eastā€™ I am 74, so am not quite up to speed about what it is acceptable to say.
It's perfectly acceptable to say Far East - it's a geographical location, not a person or a race/ethnicity, I can't imagine under what circumstances that would be a racist term? I also can't see what on Earth the use of the term Far East has got to do with whether it's OK to like Jeremy Clarkson or not. Who remembers that time he did the Top Gear special in Vietnam (if I remember correctly) where he did a joke about the bridge, which the turned out to be a racist term (which I also can't remember), that most people had never heard or known about, but was enough to get him shitloads of press, and got more people to watch the episode just to see that scene... same as the numberplate he put on his car in Argentina, which was offensive to some local people. Again, he know exactly what he's doing when he says/writes what he does. As does, for example, Ricky Gervais when he roasts celebs during his Golden Globes speeches, or when he writes songs about disabled people, or Native Americans, under the guise of being David Brent. They know how to appeal to the public, that's their job - for whatever the reason is for offensiveness or rudeness being popular, that's far bigger an issue to resolve than getting an apology from Clarkson.

• Haha
The comment amount hating Meghan "on a cellular level" came across as a bit dodgy from a race point of view.
I depends whose cells.

Given the context, of his talking about his personal reaction, you're are really rather reaching to make that case.

This sort of thing...

As for H&m (not the clothes shop), I didn't mention them.
Unless you are referring to the posts that got transferred from the Meghan and Harry thread.

In my reply to you I addressed your quote...
Which explained what Jeremy Clarkson didn't say, and why people should hate him for saying what he didn't say.
Which is precisely why the Sun should never have retracted the article, or apologized.

Last edited:
This thread feels like a load of people talking double speak and double think in a very strange way. We can all have our own opinions and dislike each otherā€™s opinions. You donā€™t need to go full Miss Marple picking apart every line sentence by sentence to try to find a ā€˜gotchaā€™ on me, I mean fill your boots if it makes you happy but I am not obliged to converse with you anymore if you canā€™t have a polite well reasoned 2 way discussion and can ignore.

Iā€™m not going to change my mind, I think JC as a TV presenter on a show is something I can avoid - I donā€™t have to watch it, and itā€™s not really causing any harm to anyone from him presenting a game show, but when it comes to the main stream media, these views do have a wider reach, which are not simply avoidable, and they are damaging. Frankly he just makes himself look awful. his appeal is certainly ā€˜for a certain typeā€™ of person who thinks Nigel Farage is an ok guy. He isnā€™t a serious journalist with integrity he is just a greedy man who wants to get paid, he doesnā€™t care about what he writes or the effect it has on anyone and in this way I donā€™t take him seriously - he is no one important, apart from his own pompous self importance.

The worst thing is watching all these pompous self important media types stomp around peacocking each other, he is just louder, more coarse and vulgar than the other types everyone is complaining about - they all just have big egos, think they are important and will sell out for cash. Some just do it more quietly. You are all arguing as if there are 2 sides, firstly is not a war, secondly these people are all cut from the same cloth

I was the one who used the term ā€˜Far Eastā€™ I am 74, so am not quite up to speed about what it is acceptable to say. I had absolutely no idea that it was now a derogatory term. If I have offended anyone, then I am very sorry. Also, the word ā€˜Eurocentricā€™ is one I have never heard before, I have had to Google it.
So I shall hang my head in shame, and admit that I still like Jeremy Clarkson, on the whole. So I must be a racist, a misogynist, and no doubt everything else that is described by the latest buzzword. But if I donā€™t like Meghan and Harry, I am entitled to say it without being accused of racism or misogyny. Because it is utter *******.
Is it still okay to say ā€œThe Westā€ or the ā€œWestern Worldā€œ. Asking for a friend.

I think it is patently obvious that we are talking about Clarkson because of his comments about Meghan Markle. So wind your neck in.
You donā€™t need to apologise for anything and I for one am completely unoffended. I like JC too, I will continue to like him, and I find the endless nitpicking and blathering on about perceived racism, sexism and every other -ism under the sun where none exists absolutely ridiculous. My post about the ā€œFar Eastā€ was not intended to be taken seriously (although I have absolutely been accused of racism in my academic day job for using that term). I was taking the piss of that type of authoritarian idiocy where posters on this thread have accused others of racism and misogyny based on absolutely duck-all, and the insanity of identity politics in which you can never be politically correct enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 6