Jeremy Clarkson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not impressed by The Sun apologising so fast particularly after how many years it took them to apologise for the lies they printed over Hillsborough.
Neither was I impressed by Netflix using Hillsborough news stories for pretend headlines about Harry and Meghan

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Not impressed by The Sun apologising so fast particularly after how many years it took them to apologise for the lies they printed over Hillsborough.
Neither was I impressed by Netflix using Hillsborough news stories for pretend headlines about Harry and Meghan
Give it a week or so, I'm sure you'll be praising the Sun's apology for the same political reasons you condemn Netflix.... but oddly not H&M (not the clothes shop)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Give it a week or so, I'm sure you'll be praising the Sun's apology for the same political reasons you condemn Netflix.... but oddly not H&M (not the clothes shop)
Unless H and M personally selected the headline then that rests on Netflix's shoulders, to use a headline commemorating the inquest results and pretend it was about abuse of Harry and Meghan was vile.

And I can assure you that I won't be happy with The Sun's apology in a week, they apologised after a week for an ill judged slightly over top rant (which included a description from a pretty mainstream TV show) and took years to apologise for lies about people dying.
And finally I'm not a Labour voter, I'm not from Liverpool and I don't need either to be a Labour voter or from Liverpool to have a moral compass and find what The Sun did to the people of Liverpool abhorrent.
Screenshot_20221224-080929_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Unless H and M personally selected the headline then that rests on Netflix's shoulders, to use a headline commemorating the inquest results and pretend it was about abuse of Harry and Meghan was vile.

And I can assure you that I won't be happy with The Sun's apology in a week, they apologised after a week for an ill judged slightly over top rant (which included a description from a pretty mainstream TV show) and took years to apologise for lies about people dying.
And finally I'm not a Labour voter, I'm not from Liverpool and I don't need either to be a Labour voter or from Liverpool to have a moral compass and find what The Sun did to the people of Liverpool abhorrent.
View attachment 1828777
The Sun shouldn't have apologised, nor should they have retracted the article...

All that does is to encourage those who didn't read it to project upon it things which were never said....
As opposed to - "what the duck are feminists outraged about today?" and "yeah Harry couldn't fly an Apache" and "yes I hate Meghan more than Nicola Sturgeon and Rose West"...

And in doing so, the Sun has allowed the self-righteous - like yourself - to be self righteous in attacking an allowable hate figure, Jeremy Clarkson (who you are not forced to watch or read his opinion), and to decry a newspaper, which apparently, you do not read: and actively hate those who do.
(Oh save your fingers... you don't hate anyone... you are a virtuous person.. who has all the right opinions)

You are the worst kind of coward.

Willing to sacrifice nothing, in order to gain nothing, in the hope that others don't attack you for being nothing.

And in the process you drag in 96 ghosts to validate your utter moral vacuousness.
96 people who were never mentioned in the Clarkson article.

But in your cowardice, and craving for validation, you haul them in because ... reasons.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The Sun shouldn't have apologised, nor should they have retracted the article...

All that does is to encourage those who didn't read it to project upon it things which were never said....
As opposed to - "what the duck are feminists outraged about today?" and "yeah Harry couldn't fly an Apache" and "yes I hate Meghan more than Nicola Sturgeon and Rose West"...

And in doing so, the Sun has allowed the self-righteous - like yourself - to be self righteous in attacking an allowable hate figure, Jeremy Clarkson (who you are not forced to watch or read his opinion), and to decry a newspaper, which apparently, you do not read: and actively hate those who do.
(Oh save your fingers... you don't hate anyone... you are a virtuous person.. who has all the right opinions)

Willing to sacrifice nothing, in order to gain nothing, in the hope that others don't attack you for being nothing.

And in the process you drag in 96 ghosts to validate your utter moral vacuousness.

But in your cowardice, and craving for validation, you haul them in because ... reasons.
Wrong on all counts. Yes I read the Clarkson article and imo it was over the top Meghan Markle is in my view narcissistic but she hasn't sold Scottish women and children down the river like Nichola Sturgeon nor is she a serial killer like Rose West so for Clarkson to hate Meghan more is imo OTT.
Did the article particularly bother no, just rolled my eyes at the OTT bits and instantly realised he'd used a GOT reference.
Yes I read The Sun or at least what stories they post on their FB page, do I judge others for reading it or not reading it no.

Do I judge the Sun for letting actual lies about ordinary people stand with no apology whilst caving into a privileged narcissist some of whose followers wield the race card as though it were a bank card over an opinion piece by one of their writers. ABSOLUTELY AND UTTERLY

I have a quiet day today so please feel free to continue to project your own feelings of worthlessness onto me I have prayers enough to spare for you.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I didn’t like the GOT scene and I also hated what JC wrote. I haven’t watched it but I have read all the books.

GOT was fictional in the sense that it may have been depicting in a sensationalist, disconcerting way how women were treated in times of old (although GOT isn’t really dated, it’s clearly medieval style). in my mind, many women across the centuries did experience all kinds of horrors just for being a woman and we have moved on as society from that being acceptable. The character was written to be very horrible and a lot of her anger and vitriol was because she was female in a man’s world. What I do not like about it is that her punishment was nudity shame and humiliation and that it was her ‘comeuppance’ when a man would have just had his hand chopped off.

MM is a real person with feelings and not a character and we aren’t living in medieval times anymore. Regardless of anything MM has done, she doesn’t deserve to have those kinds of things written about her by JC or anyone else. It should be a crime to be promoting violent acts against women in the media, twitter or anywhere else. The kind of men who love JC and read the Sun are highly likely to already dislike women so having men in positions of power writing nasty, violent fantasies about them is dangerous

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Wrong on all counts. Yes I read the Clarkson article and imo it was over the top Meghan Markle is in my view narcissistic but she hasn't sold Scottish women and children down the river like Nichola Sturgeon nor is she a serial killer like Rose West so for Clarkson to hate Meghan more is imo OTT.
Did the article particularly bother no, just rolled my eyes at the OTT bits and instantly realised he'd used a GOT reference.
Yes I read The Sun or at least what stories they post on their FB page, do I judge others for reading it or not reading it no.

Do I judge the Sun for letting actual lies about ordinary people stand with no apology whilst caving into a privileged narcissist some of whose followers wield the race card as though it were a bank card over an opinion piece by one of their writers. ABSOLUTELY AND UTTERLY

I have a quiet day today so please feel free to continue to project your own feelings of worthlessness onto me I have prayers enough to spare for you.
Do try again.
And this time and this time...
try to make yourself less ludicrous....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
The world isn’t black and white: you can oppose 2 or more things at the same time. You can dislike H&M, JC and The Sun all for different reasons.

I absolutely see that the media plays a huge role in public opinion and has a reach across the whole of our country. The media has been telling ME how to feel about and view the H&M’s documentary, as it’s more an attack on the media than it is the RF, and the media see themselves as almost as important as to whether they can make you or break you. I was at work yesterday and everyone was talking about it but I was the only person who had actually watched it, they had an opinion of it through the lense of the tabloids.

I feel like I am living in a strange society where people can’t seem to see how gaslit they are by MSM anymore, society is feeding off it and thriving in anger and rage of other peoples opinions. I’m aware of it so I try to look for facts or compare 2 sides of a story.

How can you say you don’t have to read the sun, no you don’t it was absolutely everywhere, it was viral. You didn’t need to read the sun to know about JC’s column

• Heart
Reactions: 15

You're coming across as extremely unpleasant in your posts. Just saying.

ETA:
1671882258070.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I dislike Nicola Sturgeon, and Rose West, and Meghan Markle. But if I say I dislike Meghan Markle more, that does not mean she is worse that the other two. I just don’t vote for Sturgeon, hope she doesn’t ever win . She is not my sort of person. Rose West is an abomination, she should rot in hell. But those two are not in my face constantly, and bloody Markle is everywhere, I really want her to go away and leave the world in peace. She is one of the reasons that two words have become prevalent in our vocabulary, not the only one. Those words are Race and Misogyny. If anything is said about her we are bombarded by those words, but that is fashionable at the moment. Those words cut off discussion, they are impossible to deny. We are not allowed to say we dislike Markle because we find her a conceited, self promoting, preaching nobody with a huge chip on her shoulder because she does not have the whole world fawning at her feet. She is divisive and manipulative. To say she is disliked because she is black and a woman is just plain silly. I saw nothing to indicate misogyny in what Clarkson said. But then, my antennae are never looking for that, I consider myself more than equal to any man. I would rather spend time with him than some virtue signalling mealy mouthed sycophantic moron who sticks up for the Montecito duo , who believes they are making the world a better place. At least Clarkson is educated and is not afraid to voice his opinions. And I bet he is entertaining and could enjoy a good laugh. More than could be said for Harry and Meghan. Are there really people out there who like to spend time with individuals who can only talk about themselves ? I have not seen at first hand many examples of racism. but some years ago, a group of acquaintances took a trip to London. We went to a restaurant where the waiters were mostly black. One of our group would not eat her meal because the waiter’s fingers had touched her plate. That is racism. Finding Markle abhorrent is not.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
It’s not really up to white people to decide what is or isn’t racism and I shall leave that there

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
It’s not really up to white people to decide what is or isn’t racism and I shall leave that there
Thing is, it is. To a certain degree. Any race can be racist against whites. If you push one race out of the conversation about racism, surely that, in itself, is racism?

(Not trying to have a go at anyone, just expressing an opinion.)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Who is it up to ? and you are making rather a large assumption there?
I think it’s up to minority groups to decide what they find to be racist or derogatory. Not for people saying ‘well I don’t see racism’ well of course you don’t, because you are not in a group of people who do experience it. White people have a privilege that minority or oppressed groups do not, this is well documented throughout history through the ages across all continents and in modern day times.

In lay terms as an example If you are female you will have experiences a male will likely not have too, such as sexual harassment. If you are Jewish you will experience racial antisemitism, if you aren’t Jewish you won’t.

My partner is from an ethnic minority group in the U.K. and even I wasn’t aware of the every day low level of racism that is his every day normal until I met him. He has also experienced some more serious racism in his life that I have never experienced. Racism is also about stereotyping, assumptions and telling people they are imagining it or playing a ‘card’ is just continuing to oppress people. It’s a delusion of denial people tell themselves to scoff it back because it’s unpalatable. It’s just as gaslighting and unpleasant to try to defend it by using strange examples from your own white perspective. The U.K. is racist, we literally had an entire media and political campaign of ‘send everyone back home/don’t let ‘them’ in’ doing the rounds not 5 years ago. We have entire museums dedicated to all the valuable, indigenous items we travelled round the world and stole from different countries. At football matches, racial insults are still shouted at players. It was less than 100 years ago we were still shipping in very low paid manual labour workers from other countries such as India. Just because we don’t make people sit in a different section anymore doesn’t mean all racism has gone away. We all still have work to do, on ourselves and as a society. On one thread I won’t reference someone recently posted ‘X doesn’t even look black’ about someone who has clear and well documented mixed ethnicity background. Ask anyone who isn’t entirely white looking you know, they will have been asked ‘where are you really from?’ many times in their life. This has happened to me, from a young age as I have distant genes from native America and I am very dark haired, had hairy legs and I have almond eyes. I got teased every day for it and started shaving them from age 9. I got called all kinds of racist slurs, asked where I am ‘really from’ and the same thing happened to my daughter all through secondary school to the point where she would cry about it because even if we were ‘really from’ somewhere else, so what? Both born in the U.K., have dark features.

The U.K. was found to be racist back in 2016 in this report

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I think it’s up to minority groups to decide what they find to be racist or derogatory. Not for people saying ‘well I don’t see racism’ well of course you don’t, because you are not in a group of people who do experience it. White people have a privilege that minority or oppressed groups do not, this is well documented throughout history through the ages across all continents and in modern day times.

In lay terms as an example If you are female you will have experiences a male will likely not have too, such as sexual harassment. If you are Jewish you will experience racial antisemitism, if you aren’t Jewish you won’t.

My partner is from an ethnic minority group in the U.K. and even I wasn’t aware of the every day low level of racism that is his every day normal until I met him. He has also experienced some more serious racism in his life that I have never experienced. Racism is also about stereotyping, assumptions and telling people they are imagining it or playing a ‘card’ is just continuing to oppress people. It’s a delusion of denial people tell themselves to scoff it back because it’s unpalatable. It’s just as gaslighting and unpleasant to try to defend it by using strange examples from your own white perspective. The U.K. is racist, we literally had an entire media and political campaign of ‘send everyone back home/don’t let ‘them’ in’ doing the rounds not 5 years ago. We have entire museums dedicated to all the valuable, indigenous items we travelled round the world and stole from different countries. At football matches, racial insults are still shouted at players. It was less than 100 years ago we were still shipping in very low paid manual labour workers from other countries such as India. Just because we don’t make people sit in a different section anymore doesn’t mean all racism has gone away. We all still have work to do, on ourselves and as a society. On one thread I won’t reference someone recently posted ‘X doesn’t even look black’ about someone who has clear and well documented mixed ethnicity background. Ask anyone who isn’t entirely white looking you know, they will have been asked ‘where are you really from?’ many times in their life. This has happened to me, from a young age as I have distant genes from native America and I am very dark haired, had hairy legs and I have almond eyes. I got teased every day for it and started shaving them from age 9. I got called all kinds of racist slurs, asked where I am ‘really from’ and the same thing happened to my daughter all through secondary school to the point where she would cry about it because even if we were ‘really from’ somewhere else, so what? Both born in the U.K., have dark features.

The U.K. was found to be racist back in 2016 in this report

Everything you say about your experiences and that of your husband, I accept. Of course racism exists. But what makes me very angry is where the accusation of racism, sexism and homophobia is used where it is not the case. So let us go back to Meghan Markle and Jeremy Clarkson, the subject of this thread. Please point out to me exactly where any of those were apparent in his comment. He hates her. She is of mixed race, she is a woman. That is not why he hates her. And if you can see racism or misogyny in what he said, then I believe that you will see it everywhere where white people open their mouths. Because we often see what we want to see. And that is a stumbling block to there ever being a fair, accepting world. When you mention the person who doesn’t look black, are you meaning Meghan, who described herself as Caucasian until she married into the Royal Family? Is everyone at football matches racist , because there are ignorant yobs who shout abuse ? You mention workers being brought in from countries such as India to work for low pay ? A hundred years ago ? Yet make no mention of the thousands of people working not only for low pay, but as slaves all over the world TODAY. And in their own country, not just in Britain. I am generalising, please be very aware of that, about what I say next. Almost every Christmas decoration in the entire world will be made in factories in the Far East. The workers in these factories are often not paid, their recompense is to receive meals, and to be allowed to sleep on the factory floor. This includes child labour. We buy cheap cotton garments from factories in India, where not only are there poor wages but there are no safeguards for the health of the workers. Of course, in these countries, the perpetrators of these disgusting working conditions are the same nationality as the workers, so it cannot be called racism. There are very corrupt nations in Africa where the people are ground down by cruelty, and poverty by leaders who are of the same ethnicity. Again, not racism, though. What about the nations who limit the number of children allowed to be born ? Where female babies are killed ? yet again, not racism. While you are so busy accusing all of us as being racist, saying we have no right to define what we think is racist, while you dictate that we have no right to defend ourselves, while you dictate that we are not allowed to profess dislike for anyone who is not white, do you ever stop to wonder if perhaps you are the racist ? When you walk down the street and see someone with a very bad disfigurement , do you ever wonder if their life experiences are as bad as yours are ? There are atrocities to be fought all over the world, but while we are walking on eggshells trying not to offend someone who has colour in their skin, we will never be able to move forward. Accusations of racism against anyone white incites racism. And if I hear the term gaslighting once more, I will scream. And I do not care what colour the skin is of the person who says it.
The strange example you talk of, was that my example? I cannot see where that was strange at all. It was the despicable action of an individual against another individual on the basis of their colour. Is that not blatant racism ? Because she was one of our group, are we all branded racists? She was ostracised from our group from that day. It that racist. Is the placard we hang from our neck to say “We are white, ergo we are racist“

I didn’t like the GOT scene and I also hated what JC wrote. I haven’t watched it but I have read all the books.

GOT was fictional in the sense that it may have been depicting in a sensationalist, disconcerting way how women were treated in times of old (although GOT isn’t really dated, it’s clearly medieval style). in my mind, many women across the centuries did experience all kinds of horrors just for being a woman and we have moved on as society from that being acceptable. The character was written to be very horrible and a lot of her anger and vitriol was because she was female in a man’s world. What I do not like about it is that her punishment was nudity shame and humiliation and that it was her ‘comeuppance’ when a man would have just had his hand chopped off.

MM is a real person with feelings and not a character and we aren’t living in medieval times anymore. Regardless of anything MM has done, she doesn’t deserve to have those kinds of things written about her by JC or anyone else. It should be a crime to be promoting violent acts against women in the media, twitter or anywhere else. The kind of men who love JC and read the Sun are highly likely to already dislike women so having men in positions of power writing nasty, violent fantasies about them is dangerous
You make a great many generalisations. The kind of men who like Jeremy Clarkson are likely to dislike women 😂 That is one of the most preposterous things I have heard on this forum. I have just spent time answering your post about racism. Now that I have seen this, I realise I have been talking to someone with a warped view of the world. And you are saying that a man having his hand chopped off is a lesser punishment than being naked and having excrement thrown at you. Oh dearie me, I wonder how many people the world over would agree with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Jeremy clarkson is willingly contracted to write an editorial with a racist, hate speech, misogynistic tabloid newspaper. I will indeed tar him with the same brush. Those who wish to distance themselves from this kind of behaviour and opinions do not associate with this kind of publication. JC is part of the media, he has a wide reach and a platform which he is choosing to be part of the gutter press. He should be called out on his choices.

@HairyWeeTerrier
I feel a bit sorry for you in some ways, as ignorance is always a pity. It is the case that the wealthy (mostly white) western world govern the income of poorer countries. To keep cost low to generate huge profits leads to desperate measures within the countries to keep up mass production. There are so many examples of this, Shein, sugar production to name only 2 which have been in the media recently where the working conditions are awful because the entire economy is reliant on the income from the U.K./US and they have no power to make internal changes or improve legislation because no one really cares about them, they just want the profits and products. People do indeed live in countries where everyone is seen as commodity, but that is driven by the wealthy countries who use these workforces. It was interesting to see you making it sound like it was a fair choice of a country in the Far East.

Countries who commit atrocities against their own citizens is obviously not always racism though is it, why would you think that? I’m not sure what you mean by this? I don’t really understand how you are linking those together, but anyway. It is often driven by money, and power. Our own country tore through most of the world gathering up peoples precious history, enslaving, stealing and killing and we are still seeing the fall out of the damage we did in many places, including Africa.

No one is mixed race, there is only 1 race in the world and it is the human race. It is someone’s ethnicity and their features that differ based on your ancestry and origins.

Going to London and seeing black waiters once and cutting your friend off for not liking them doesn’t give you a ‘I’m not a racist’ badge of honour because you did one decent thing once 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
You make a great many generalisations. The kind of men who like Jeremy Clarkson are likely to dislike women
Indeed... what about the many women who like him?

I don't read his columns that he has written (in fact I thought he wrote for The Times, not The Sun) but I have over the years enjoyed many episodes of Top Gear and Clarkson's Farm. While watching those & enjoying what he did & said on those, I didn't know about, or consider, anything he did/said outside of those, as I am aware he has a TV persona which is the only part of him I've been interested in. As it turns out if he's a total twit outside of that, if I wanted to spend energy on disliking him, I could do. But if I still like the TV -him, what does that make me? My husband likes watching him on TV too, does that mean he dislikes women?

Reactions: 8