Jeremy Clarkson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well that’s what he does 😂😂😂 so why not? 🤷🏽‍♀️
Not sure that two wrongs make a right. No violence is to be condoned.
On a debate about being permanently offended by absolutely anything… people are getting offended! You couldn’t write this tit!
My confusion is back, sorry.
I have taken no offence from what you have said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. In fact I wish more people could be able to share their veiws without fear.
However, your post above is literally about you being that offended that you would assault somebody.
My first post was to put it in perspective how few people were actually offended.
You're gone to the trouble to show us how much you are offended.
In your eagerness to be offended you have not even realised how offensive some of your comments could be to others.
the old fart
Is this not age'ist?
So if he can’t learn some basic respect and manners while he is around women
Is this not sexist?
Surely anyone should be respectful around any gender.
That is the main problem. Everyone thinks that any offence they take is far more important than anybody else's.
I am not aiming to upset you. I mealy trying to point out the stupidness of the world we live in today.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
So is it not possible for white people to be racially abused?
If you are not BAME, you can’t know how a BAME person feels or tells them how to feel about racism directed at them.

If you are white and someone is racist against you for being white, that is racism against you for your skin colour and you will be in a place to decide how it makes you feel and your own experience. If you lived your entire life as a white person being discriminated against, held back, judged and scared for your future and kids future, simply for the main reason for being white, then this is obviously terrible. Is this happening to you?

This was about racism against a black woman, and I have seen this argument before and it is absolutely bizarre that anyone could even try to counter it, seen as white people are very rarely discriminated against in health care (with poor outcomes), education, the workplace etc in the same way that BAME people are.

I don’t think any normal intelligent person would think ‘hypothetically I could also experience racism one day too, even though I am not a minority group. therefore I know how it feels (in my imagination), and can tell BAME people what is or isn’t racist. It doesn’t matter how they feel about it, I’ve decided because it could happen to me I’m allowed to have an opinion on it, especially based on me not really liking that person very much’.

Just because someone might be a twit and you don’t like them doesn’t mean racism doesn’t exist or they don’t experience it. Jussie Smollet did something really terrible by creating a hate crime hoax but that is really extremely rare and he was found guilty in a court. Everyone has seen MM be subjected to racism and sexism, she isn’t on trial for this either, but those who don’t like her think she deserves it or pretend it didn’t happen.

I’m very glad JC is being held accountable. He is an intelligent, rich, educated well connected man. He knows better, he made an active choice to say what he said for clickbait/attention. He has played with fire and ruined his career opportunities all by himself.

JC and his ilk are becoming less and less acceptable and popular. I understand he has an appeal with a demographic of people who have fond memories of Top Gear and enjoy watching a grumpy old man complaining about everything and making jibes for entertainment but that kind of things is just not as relevant nowadays.

He’s cashed in, he’s loaded he will be fine in life even if he’s been ‘cancelled’

• Heart
I've loathed him for years. When he assaulted that producer he also called him a 'lazy Irish c*nt'. Imo this proves that his bigotry isn't faked, he genuinely is a nasty bigoted man.

Sophie Corcoran is the worst.
He is a lazy Irish bleep and a pussy(I'm Irish BTW) he should have had a hot meal organised for everyone after that episode it was miserably wet and cold. He should have manned up and punched Clarkson back instead of running crying to a hospital to get treated for imaginary injuries.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
He is a lazy Irish bleep and a pussy(I'm Irish BTW) he should have had a hot meal organised for everyone after that episode it was miserably wet and cold. He should have manned up and punched Clarkson back instead of running crying to a hospital to get treated for imaginary injuries.
People who comment like the above that they are Irish, or BAME or female, or whatever minority is being discriminated against really do a disservice to minorities. It's bad enough being discriminated against, but when one of your own turn around and say there is no discrimination cause they are a minority and they have never been discriminated against it feeds the old misogynistic, racist bullies. Its really sad that people are so gaslighted that they take the bullies side.

• Haha
  • Heart
People who comment like the above that they are Irish, or BAME or female, or whatever minority is being discriminated against really do a disservice to minorities. It's bad enough being discriminated against, but when one of your own turn around and say there is no discrimination cause they are a minority and they have never been discriminated against it feeds the old misogynistic, racist bullies. Its really sad that people are so gaslighted that they take the bullies side.
It’s Gaslighting

Reactions: 1
Just a note on people throwing using the word racist. .... if JC punched and insulted an Irish person for being Irish it is called being xenophobic.

• Heart
Just a couple of observations. I think Jeremy Clarkson would be the first to describe himself as an old fart. We are now living in a world where taking offence is a default, so perhaps his type of humour is no longer understood. There are people ever ready to scrutinise statements, looking for misogyny , or racism, or homophobia , their little bristles quivering to capture something they can use for their favourite agenda. We are afraid to open our mouths because of the politically correct little policemen . Thank goodness I have lived in a time where women could hear a joke against women and laugh, exactly the same as when a woman made a joke about a man and they laughed.
What I think is far worse than what Clarkson said, is what Harry said in his book about the matron at his school. He’ll get away with that, of course. He won’t be pilloried.
Though it would please some people to think that Clarkson has been cancelled, I think we’ll find that the fact that his job is ending is pure coincidence.
Some years ago, my husband and I were going away for a weekend break with another couple, and the husband asked my husband if he was taking an overnight bag. My husband said “Yes, the wife is coming”. I nearly wet myself with laughter. That probably makes me a dinosaur like Clarkson.

Reactions: 7
Seriously, there is a big difference between a joke between friends and discrimination. Unless you have experienced it you havny a clue.
I am a woman who works in engineering and almost exclusively with men. I weekly face sexism. I found out in my last role that I was on less money than men who had less experience and knowledge than me and were coming asking me for help. I regularly get passed over for promotion. I was subject to perverted comments by a cleaner at work, and instead of being disgusted by them, my male colleagues thought it was hilarious, hence basically validating the harassment, and making me out to be a troublemaker for not laughing. The list goes on, but sure its 9nly a bit of craic.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
If you are not BAME, you can’t know how a BAME person feels or tells them how to feel about racism directed at them.

If you are white and someone is racist against you for being white, that is racism against you for your skin colour and you will be in a place to decide how it makes you feel and your own experience. If you lived your entire life as a white person being discriminated against, held back, judged and scared for your future and kids future, simply for the main reason for being white, then this is obviously terrible. Is this happening to you?

This was about racism against a black woman, and I have seen this argument before and it is absolutely bizarre that anyone could even try to counter it, seen as white people are very rarely discriminated against in health care (with poor outcomes), education, the workplace etc in the same way that BAME people are.

I don’t think any normal intelligent person would think ‘hypothetically I could also experience racism one day too, even though I am not a minority group. therefore I know how it feels (in my imagination), and can tell BAME people what is or isn’t racist. It doesn’t matter how they feel about it, I’ve decided because it could happen to me I’m allowed to have an opinion on it, especially based on me not really liking that person very much’.

Just because someone might be a twit and you don’t like them doesn’t mean racism doesn’t exist or they don’t experience it. Jussie Smollet did something really terrible by creating a hate crime hoax but that is really extremely rare and he was found guilty in a court. Everyone has seen MM be subjected to racism and sexism, she isn’t on trial for this either, but those who don’t like her think she deserves it or pretend it didn’t happen.

I’m very glad JC is being held accountable. He is an intelligent, rich, educated well connected man. He knows better, he made an active choice to say what he said for clickbait/attention. He has played with fire and ruined his career opportunities all by himself.

JC and his ilk are becoming less and less acceptable and popular. I understand he has an appeal with a demographic of people who have fond memories of Top Gear and enjoy watching a grumpy old man complaining about everything and making jibes for entertainment but that kind of things is just not as relevant nowadays.

He’s cashed in, he’s loaded he will be fine in life even if he’s been ‘cancelled’
Can you tell me please , who is the Black woman who suffered racism? I am presuming we are not still talking about Meghan Markle who described herself as Caucasian ?

Seriously, there is a big difference between a joke between friends and discrimination. Unless you have experienced it you havny a clue.
I am a woman who works in engineering and almost exclusively with men. I weekly face sexism. I found out in my last role that I was on less money than men who had less experience and knowledge than me and were coming asking me for help. I regularly get passed over for promotion. I was subject to perverted comments by a cleaner at work, and instead of being disgusted by them, my male colleagues thought it was hilarious, hence basically validating the harassment, and making me out to be a troublemaker for not laughing. The list goes on, but sure its 9nly a bit of craic.
This thread is not about discrimination though, it is about Jeremy Clarkson . If you are suffering discrimination because you are a woman, that is totally wrong. I too worked with men, but had no such experience. Though it was not in engineering. Clarkson did not make his remark because MM is a woman, or black, he made it because he does not like her as a person. We are allowed to dislike female black women just as we can dislike anyone else. Why can that not just be accepted without all the accusations ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Just a note on people throwing using the word racist. .... if JC punched and insulted an Irish person for being Irish it is called being xenophobic.
This wasn’t what came up, and I don’t believe this is why JC punched him but someone called him an Irish bleep who was pussy and that he made up his injuries and should have manned up. They are Irish so it’s fine to say it apparently.

Reactions: 3
This wasn’t what came up, and I don’t believe this is why JC punched him but someone called him an Irish bleep who was pussy and that he made up his injuries and should have manned up. They are Irish so it’s fine to say it apparently.
And we don't even know that they're Irish. Internet trolls can claim anything because it's impossible to verify their identity. They could be Jeremy Clarkson himself for all we know. 😂

Reactions: 2
It’s not really up to white people to decide what is or isn’t racism and I shall leave that there
Rubbish

Yes, Yes it is, it's called having an opinion.

Can you tell me please , who is the Black woman who suffered racism? I am presuming we are not still talking about Meghan Markle who described herself as Caucasian ?

This thread is not about discrimination though, it is about Jeremy Clarkson . If you are suffering discrimination because you are a woman, that is totally wrong. I too worked with men, but had no such experience. Though it was not in engineering. Clarkson did not make his remark because MM is a woman, or black, he made it because he does not like her as a person. We are allowed to dislike female black women just as we can dislike anyone else. Why can that not just be accepted without all the accusations ?
Because that's not allowed these days sadly. It hasn't made the world a better place. There are still loads of unpleasant and hateful people around no matter what colour they are and we should be free to observe this without censure or fear of the racist charge.