Jen Lefforge #2 UnBeelievably Insufferable

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Jen did a video about "how to travel when you aren't going on vacation" (aka to go help/support her mother) but is using it as a review of the new bag she just bought. I just can not...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
So Jen did a video about "how to travel when you aren't going on vacation" (aka to go help/support her mother) but is using it as a review of the new bag she just bought. I just can not...
She can't be bothered with mundane things so has to make it about her. And that stupid circus tent interior of her away bag.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The whole thing with her Mom. I assume she’s moving her into a care facility or something like that. But she’s being weirdly vague and over sharing about it at the same time. Either spell it out or don’t say anything at all and keep your Mom’s life private.

Reactions: 4
There's something about the way she is using her mums care and illness for promotion and engagement that doesn't sit right with me

I've gone through similar and she just feels, off

Reactions: 5
I'm not entirely sure where she's going. Prescott is not in the White Mountains in Arizona. And saying her mother got snowed in. Prescott averages 5 or 6 inches of snow in December. Is she making stuff up?

Reactions: 2
It’s all tacky and in poor taste. Now she’s ranting about some sort of senior monitor scam that a company tried to pull on her mum.

Why did it sound like the whole thing was just an inconvenience to her?!
Also, your coping skills are not the same as others so what you are saying is a must is not actually. And stop with the partially revealing stuff about someone who can not consent!

Reactions: 1
It’s a different culture and the country is on a different scale size wise so I acknowledge that a lot of elderly Americans will have chosen to move in retirement and will want to remain in those places. But the distance between them is like someone in the U.K. having their mother in Istanbul. You cannot be the carer and stealing that term seems unfair.

I’m sure Jen has never seen someone caring for their parent at home and that home is a small 3 bed semi with one bathroom downstairs so the parent is moved into the sitting room while school and work have to go on and everyone is stressed to bits and exhausted but wouldn’t change a thing at the same time. That’s been the experience of elder care in my family and my community so seeing someone who can and will fly away again and head off on more holidays and buy more bags and talk more nonsense about her knee and her menopause and her tits doesn’t tap deep into my empathy I’m afraid. She will have her mother in the best facility money can buy with a team of doctors and carers and since she’s 2,000 miles away they probably won’t even interrupt her sleep if her poor mother takes a turn. She certainly won’t be up all night changing her and turning her before showing up for the 7-3 shift.

But I trust Jen will preach to people like me about the experience and expect people like me to join her Patreon and fund the trips that she will of course take every time poor mum gets worse or passes away.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She seemed affronted that the care alarm company wanted to charge her mum $50 a month for the service. My mum pays £35 for hers, the NHS doesn’t cover it. I wonder if Jen thinks her mum is entitled to have it for free?

Probably. I expect she’ll think everything should be free and if it’s not she’ll immediately assume that it’s the US system and this would never happen “in Europe” and she’ll make another ill informed ignorant post.

But I trust Jen will preach to people like me about the experience and expect people like me to join her Patreon and fund the trips that she will of course take every time poor mum gets worse or passes away.
Then she'll snap at them if they ask about her mother's condition and be miffed that she may have to go for a service or to post some things while her siblings actually take care of things with the attorney etc.