Jemhow - Jemma McGowan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It feels like she has spent the whole day today trying to justify the points we have made here. Next she might explain how she funded her hot tub purchased within weeks of the GFM.
Aye it sorta screams "I'm doing this for the other charities" as a distraction from the issues discussed here.

Reactions: 3
It feels like she has spent the whole day today trying to justify the points we have made here. Next she might explain how she funded her hot tub purchased within weeks of the GFM.
So she bought a hot tub after she opened the GFM??

Reactions: 1
I was hoping after Saturday all the lunch posts would stop 😩😩😩 how much longer will she drag it out

Reactions: 2
So the money is getting spilt two ways between the charities? She definitely said that it was going three ways as her treatment needed paying for too but the way she is talking today the charities are getting all the money.

So the money is getting spilt two ways between the charities? She definitely said that it was going three ways as her treatment needed paying for too but the way she is talking today the charities are getting all the money.
The tickets defo said split 3 ways and all along leading up to the event was 3 ways, so what's changed......

The thing is because nobody independent has been involved we have no idea how much was actually raised. I wonder did the raffle tickets have numbers on them. See Mexico mentioned this morning.
The tickets defo said split 3 ways and all along leading up to the event was 3 ways, so what's changed......

Yes

Yes! They had numbers on them! It’s a special level of evil to pull apart a sick woman ffs
I don't think anyone is here to pull apart a sick woman...people are simply questioning how this draw was done and how everything was regulated.....not one person on here would wish I'll health on anyone!

Reactions: 6
Sure

there’s a live video showing how it was done. There are people on here pulling her apart. Look through the comments and you’ll see it
I've seen the video...all in saying is if people have questions, they are entitled to ask them.....nobody is pulling her apart, but it is hard not to have questions when someone has a gofundme open as well as fundraising looking for more money and then they are walking round in designer shoes with designer handbags hanging from their shoulders.....

Reactions: 1
Not one person has pulled her apart but people are allowed to question whether things are done correctly. Being sick does not give you a licence to do as you please. I am sorry but when the story change people are allowed to ask questions whether you like it or not.

Yes

Yes! They had numbers on them! It’s a special level of evil to pull apart a sick woman ffs
[/QUO

• Heart
People are allowed to have designer handbags and shoes. Maybe they were a present but you’re all so focused on criticising her that you all don’t stop to think of the other options as to why she has those things
People are allowed to have questions.....
Her husband bought her a pair of designer shoes for her birthday the cost hundreds and hundreds of pounds and then the next day she's on trying to sell raffle tickets to raise money......how much money do they spend eating out in restaurants, on nails, make up, 5 star hotel breaks etc, then come on Instagram an hour later trying to raise more funds? So I think when she is expecting people to donate to her fund, they have the right to question where it is going! Also I have seen you on other threads running down people for their parenting skills from their children having a tablet to what they are eating. so you are pulling apart women who are just trying to do their best and raise their children....where us the difference?
Rant over!

Not one person has pulled her apart but people are allowed to question whether things are done correctly. Being sick does not give you a licence to do as you please. I am sorry but when the story change people are allowed to ask questions whether you like it or not.
☝☝☝☝☝
Thank you! This is what I'm trying to say!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
When you are on looking for people to fund your medication (which I get I hope she gets years more with her children) but running around in designer clothes people are entitled to question it - especially if you have donated
People are allowed to have designer handbags and shoes. Maybe they were a present but you’re all so focused on criticising her that you all don’t stop to think of the other options as to why she has those things
en you

• Heart
I follow Jem, I like her, I don’t know her personally at all but lately something just doesn’t sit right with me. I think the posters above who commented on her/the family’s spending have a point. Granted the YSL shoes, which are very expensive were a present from her husband, but is this still not considered to be from the household money and therefore unnecessary spending whilst at the same time trying to raise money for medication and further treatment? The YSL bag glued to her shoulder could be a gift (we don’t know as she hasn’t said) and if it is that’s her business. What doesn’t sit right with me is all the meals out (do they ever actually cook a meal for themselves in their kitchen?), weekends/nights away (some are gifted I know but not all), beauty & nail treatments, Vit C treatments, etc. It’s a very lavish lifestyle they are leading for people who have to fundraise for her treatment. Wish her the best and hope her health improves but might not be any harm to reign in the personal spending whilst looking for donations. The optics don’t look very good 😜

Reactions: 14
I follow Jem, I like her, I don’t know her personally at all but lately something just doesn’t sit right with me. I think the posters above who commented on her/the family’s spending have a point. Granted the YSL shoes, which are very expensive were a present from her husband, but is this still not considered to be from the household money and therefore unnecessary spending whilst at the same time trying to raise money for medication and further treatment? The YSL bag glued to her shoulder could be a gift (we don’t know as she hasn’t said) and if it is that’s her business. What doesn’t sit right with me is all the meals out (do they ever actually cook a meal for themselves in their kitchen?), weekends/nights away (some are gifted I know but not all), beauty & nail treatments, Vit C treatments, etc. It’s a very lavish lifestyle they are leading for people who have to fundraise for her treatment. Wish her the best and hope her health improves but might not be any harm to reign in the personal spending whilst looking for donations. The optics don’t look very good 😜
This is exactly what I've been trying to say....
If I was in her position I'd have been asking the husband to send back the shoes and put the money into my treatment instead.....
And they do seem to eat out for breakfast, lunch and dinner, whereas if I was in her situation I'd be trying to save every penny I could get! It's hard to keep up with the designer clothes, shoes, handbags, makeup, tan, nails, meals out and hotel stays, there is something different every day and then watch them on Instagram hours later asking for peoples money.....
I donated to her GoFundMe at the start after hearing her story, but couldn't believe it then when she got the money for Mexico she decided to fly 7 people first class for a 5 star holiday.....it just doesn't make sense.....

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m of the opposite opinion. The weekends away don’t bother me too much. I know if I was down to my last years/months on this earth I’d make the most of it by going on holidays and trips (I’d bring my kids as well though) and there’s not a chance I’d be slaving away in a kitchen. I’d be spending quality time with my family and making lots and lots of memories. However I need to caveat this with if a weekend away was costing me £900 and my treatment to keep me alive for another week or so was £900, I’d pay for the treatment/medication.

I certainly wouldn’t be spending thousands on designer shoes and handbags. If my husband spent that type of money on a gift for me without prior approval I would honestly go mad. Same with if a family member bought me an expensive item. I remember a number of years ago living in a strange city a plane ride away from my family and it coming up to my birthday. My mum was desperate to buy me something I’d really wanted and lusted over for literally years, I was so skint I pleaded with her to instead buy me Tesco vouchers for my birthday. She did and I was so so grateful.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Aye it sorta screams "I'm doing this for the other charities" as a distraction from the issues discussed here.
People are allowed to have questions.....
Her husband bought her a pair of designer shoes for her birthday the cost hundreds and hundreds of pounds and then the next day she's on trying to sell raffle tickets to raise money......how much money do they spend eating out in restaurants, on nails, make up, 5 star hotel breaks etc, then come on Instagram an hour later trying to raise more funds? So I think when she is expecting people to donate to her fund, they have the right to question where it is going! Also I have seen you on other threads running down people for their parenting skills from their children having a tablet to what they are eating. so you are pulling apart women who are just trying to do their best and raise their children....where us the difference?
Rant over!

☝☝☝☝☝
Thank you! This is what I'm trying to say!

Well said. If you’re constantly on the beg for free stuff you’re entitled to ask questions when they’re so many questions raised. Being sick doesn’t mean you’re exempt if the public are led to believe they’re contributing to a genuine cause. Taking seven people to Mexico first class, designer stuff doesn’t sit right. I think she tries to pretend she’s needy always referring to having a small house etc but I see nothing cut back . To top it all her mother won the prize she wanted badger best friend won another fantastic prize. I’d love to see the names in that tombola, …

• Heart
Reactions: 4
In regards to the comments above. Every single person has come into this thread and started every statement with "I wish her nothing but the best in her health journey" and "you wouldn't wish this on your worst enemy" etc etc

Not one person has ripped Jemma apart. Not a single one. Anyone who does can take themselves somewhere else as that's absolutely not what she needs to read or hear.

However, people are more than entitled to discuss the money that they donated is being spent and when you are shown designer clothes, bags, shoes. Dinners outs and hotel stays for days and then in between that a beg for more money on the GFM page it sort of makes you question whether the moneys going to the top priority?

I understand if you are life limited you want to make memories and have a "duck it attitude" but not with other people's money. The money was raised for treatment not lavish stays.

Just my opinion on it 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Exactly! This is what we've all been saying all along....it is not about her illness it is about what she is doing with the money that was donated to her by people's generosity......

Also notice that the past few days she seems quite catty/bitter in her videos which is making me think she or someone close to her is watching this thread.....

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.