Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Hi all,

Due to reports we’re getting about this woman’s personal circumstances the thread will be locked,

We wish no harm to anyone and although nobody is posting on her socials directly,
and this is a commentary platform where users discuss what she chooses to put online,
out of respect it will remain closed until a decision is made by admin regarding its future.

thank you.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Beefcake-tits

VIP Member
In regards to the comments above. Every single person has come into this thread and started every statement with "I wish her nothing but the best in her health journey" and "you wouldn't wish this on your worst enemy" etc etc

Not one person has ripped Jemma apart. Not a single one. Anyone who does can take themselves somewhere else as that's absolutely not what she needs to read or hear.

However, people are more than entitled to discuss the money that they donated is being spent and when you are shown designer clothes, bags, shoes. Dinners outs and hotel stays for days and then in between that a beg for more money on the GFM page it sort of makes you question whether the moneys going to the top priority?

I understand if you are life limited you want to make memories and have a "fuck it attitude" but not with other people's money. The money was raised for treatment not lavish stays.

Just my opinion on it 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Max21

I follow Jem, I like her, I don’t know her personally at all but lately something just doesn’t sit right with me. I think the posters above who commented on her/the family’s spending have a point. Granted the YSL shoes, which are very expensive were a present from her husband, but is this still not considered to be from the household money and therefore unnecessary spending whilst at the same time trying to raise money for medication and further treatment? The YSL bag glued to her shoulder could be a gift (we don’t know as she hasn’t said) and if it is that’s her business. What doesn’t sit right with me is all the meals out (do they ever actually cook a meal for themselves in their kitchen?), weekends/nights away (some are gifted I know but not all), beauty & nail treatments, Vit C treatments, etc. It’s a very lavish lifestyle they are leading for people who have to fundraise for her treatment. Wish her the best and hope her health improves but might not be any harm to reign in the personal spending whilst looking for donations. The optics don’t look very good 😜

Reactions: 14

Donegalwoman123

Chatty Member
I came across her accidentally and my heart broke for her. No one knows what’s in front of them and I wish her well and hopefully her life is prolonged to see her kids grow up.
Then the thing with all of these GFM and sad stories is that they nearly all go the same way and think they are celebs. They then get this superiority complex and feel they are owed something and that sense of entitlement starts to turn people off. I don’t know what I’d do if I was in that position but I know I would be mortified asking people for money and at times I feel she demands that the meds are to be paid for while actively spending money. Maybe some people that can’t attend the big lunch can afford to get raffle tickets in lieu of refund but I’m sure there are some that can’t and it may be the difference between paying a bill or feeding their family if they are sick with covid. That’s really stuck with me. Will be interesting to see how today pans out.
Totally agreed. I hope I am never in her situation and I genuinely feel so sorry for her after her diagnosis/prognosis. I myself donated to her GFM at the start and have been following her ever since to see how her journey was going, but was shocked when she decided to take half the country to Mexico with her and turn it into a 5 star holiday for them.......if it was me I'd be spending the bare minimum on flights and hotels etc to ensure I definitely had enough for treatments.....
And recently she seems to think she is some high profile celebrity...wanting the best of everything, but expecting it all for free because she is unwell.....
Her GFM is still open and people are still donating, but no sign of her heading back to Mexico for further treatments or no sign of her donating the money to others in need......it seems to be all about the designer clothes, handbags etc, not about spending time with her kids and making memories....even when she is going her videos while doing her makeup you can clearly hear her kids crying for her in the background, but instead of cutting the video short and going to them, she will close the door and carry on......it seems to be more about Instagram fame and money, than her health and family which should be most important....
I'll get a pile of backlash for this now, but like I say I'm totally sympathetic to her situation and prognosis, but she seems to have her priorities all wrong.

Reactions: 13

sjv222

Exactly, I can’t imagine what the family have gone through this past while. Horrible news for anyone to receive but I do feel it’s important for people to question where the hard earned money they have generously given has went.

I don’t agree with giving someone Endless amounts of money directly into their bank account to spend as they wish. What happened to the good old days of donating to a registered charity and the charity then distribute the money as they see fit. Everything is transparent, everyone gets a fair go.

£165,000 of GFM donations and god knows what else could save numerous peoples lives.
Instead this way, someone who shouts the loudest gets all the money and someone who hasn’t the confidence or energy will struggle to get by.

Another point that hasn’t been made yet- there is absolutely no scientific evidence to prove that any of this Mexico treatment is actually working. There is a reason there are none of these centres any closer than Mexico. These are private companies who are profiting out of peoples desperation. They can charge whatever they want and aren’t allowed in 99% of countries.

Reactions: 13
Her husband also bought her a pair of £1000 YSL shoes only a few weeks ago. She said she needs to pay £900 a week for her meds from Mexico - surely the money for the shoes would be better spent trying to prolong your wife’s life.

Reactions: 12

sjv222

Ok so to give everyone a bit of background and to explain my feeling towards this.-

I have been following this from the very start and it is no surprise how it has panned out. Although Jemma’s diagnosis has been very unfortunate and wouldn’t wish it on anybody. It was apparent to anybody that knew her that this would turn into a money racket. Jemmas sole motivation from a very young age has only ever been money.

The Gofundme page was started to enable Jemma to quickly gather the money needed to get her to Mexico for her treatment. Her original target was £50,000 which due to the kindness of Irish people was hit within hours!

Although Jemma’s target was smashed, she encouraged people to keep donating as any extra money raised was going to be used to help other sick mothers get to Mexico for life saving treatment. The money kept pouring in and within a few days had reached £150,000!

Jemma went to Mexico bringing 7 other people with her, flew business class and stayed in 5 Star hotels along the way (if I was travelling with other peoples money I’d be trying to cut costs). She spent 3 weeks in Mexico receiving all sorts of treatment and documented everything on Instagram.

When Jemma got home from Mexico the story quickly changed. The money wasn't going to be used for other mothers. It was to be used to get herself back to Mexico in October! It is now January and theres no sign anymore of any trips to Mexico but she is still relentlessly fundraising.

People locally have been questioning this for months. It appears that fundraising for herself has been starting to slow down which has now meant that she has had to use two other charities to try to squeeze more. Who is monitoring this? Who knows what percentage of funds are going to each charity? Any money being received is going directly into a personal bank account or paypal.

I would have alot more respect for this if it was being organised by a registered charity who were then distributing the funds equally to each cause.

Also doesnt help when she is constantly walking around designer boutiques, showing off her new flooring, wallpaper, beds, kitchen, childrens play area, tarmacced driveway and spending every weekend at a different 5 star hotel. Now theres a poor woman in Donegal running an appeal for £5 per month to go towards her fund!

Jem and husband have both recently left jobs on bad terms due to dishonesty. This is fairly common knowledge locally and im sure anyone who has previously worked with them will back it up.

Husband has since started working with a friend, Jemma has gone self employed selling cars from home. Conveniently her 'healing house' which was donated to her also doubles up as a handy office.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

TikToc

VIP Member
Not sure what everyone else thinks but my personal opinion is that we should actually delete this thread. I'm all for calling people out but this Lady is actually on limited time and let's not add to her horrific outlook. 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Donegalwoman123

Chatty Member
I am just very intrigued to hear what other people are saying in regards to herself and the husband being "removed" from their jobs?

To me she's a beautiful girl, far too young to be having to deal with this, but as shown in the past, people and go fund me money that reach crazy amounts can lose the run of themselves. I don't agree with her not refunding those who can't attend due to covid I think that's entirely unfair.
Im also intrigued to know why they were removed from their jobs? They work/worked for the same company right? I had always assumed from her stories that he was working as the kids were constantly being looked after by others......

I have to say I was totally sucked in at the start and even donated to her gfm, but having seen all the crap about not refunding people their money if they have covid, I think it's a bit lousy......
Just to clarify, before I get a pile of backlash, I know the girl has terminal cancer and I would not wish that on my worst enemy, I just think the way they are handling all the fundraising/events isnt being done right.

Reactions: 10

Nora Fenn

Chatty Member
Not sure what everyone else thinks but my personal opinion is that we should actually delete this thread. I'm all for calling people out but this Lady is actually on limited time and let's not add to her horrific outlook. 😢
I don’t follow Jemma but I agree. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but honestly I’m uncomfortable with this thread. Nobody knows how long this girl has and I just think that none of the time she has left should be spent worrying about Tattle and I’d worry about her family finding this thread some day.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Donegalwoman123

Chatty Member
Exactly! This is what we've all been saying all along....it is not about her illness it is about what she is doing with the money that was donated to her by people's generosity......

Also notice that the past few days she seems quite catty/bitter in her videos which is making me think she or someone close to her is watching this thread.....

Jennyfromtheblock

I follow Jem, I like her, I don’t know her personally at all but lately something just doesn’t sit right with me. I think the posters above who commented on her/the family’s spending have a point. Granted the YSL shoes, which are very expensive were a present from her husband, but is this still not considered to be from the household money and therefore unnecessary spending whilst at the same time trying to raise money for medication and further treatment? The YSL bag glued to her shoulder could be a gift (we don’t know as she hasn’t said) and if it is that’s her business. What doesn’t sit right with me is all the meals out (do they ever actually cook a meal for themselves in their kitchen?), weekends/nights away (some are gifted I know but not all), beauty & nail treatments, Vit C treatments, etc. It’s a very lavish lifestyle they are leading for people who have to fundraise for her treatment. Wish her the best and hope her health improves but might not be any harm to reign in the personal spending whilst looking for donations. The optics don’t look very good 😜
I’m of the opposite opinion. The weekends away don’t bother me too much. I know if I was down to my last years/months on this earth I’d make the most of it by going on holidays and trips (I’d bring my kids as well though) and there’s not a chance I’d be slaving away in a kitchen. I’d be spending quality time with my family and making lots and lots of memories. However I need to caveat this with if a weekend away was costing me £900 and my treatment to keep me alive for another week or so was £900, I’d pay for the treatment/medication.

I certainly wouldn’t be spending thousands on designer shoes and handbags. If my husband spent that type of money on a gift for me without prior approval I would honestly go mad. Same with if a family member bought me an expensive item. I remember a number of years ago living in a strange city a plane ride away from my family and it coming up to my birthday. My mum was desperate to buy me something I’d really wanted and lusted over for literally years, I was so skint I pleaded with her to instead buy me Tesco vouchers for my birthday. She did and I was so so grateful.

• Heart

Jennyfromtheblock

I just can't believe there were no steps taken towards covid safety at that event at all......
No social distancing....squashed into the place like sardines....not a mask in site, not even staff were wearing masks....and people coming from all over and slobbering all over the top of one another.....I'm by no means a covid freak or whatever you wanna call it, and I know people need to get on with it and have a good time, but if I was a cancer sufferer and had a lowered immune system from all the treatment, I'd be wanting to take as many steps as possible to keep myself safe, and others too....... especially considering cases are skyrocketing at the minute....
Not a great promotion for the restaurant when transmissions are through the roof. I’m starting to see what everyone else has been seeing. Something so so distasteful about asking people to donate to keep you alive while you’ve a £1k YSL bag swinging off your shoulder.

smashingpumpkin

Ok so to give everyone a bit of background and to explain my feeling towards this.-

I have been following this from the very start and it is no surprise how it has panned out. Although Jemma’s diagnosis has been very unfortunate and wouldn’t wish it on anybody. It was apparent to anybody that knew her that this would turn into a money racket. Jemmas sole motivation from a very young age has only ever been money.

The Gofundme page was started to enable Jemma to quickly gather the money needed to get her to Mexico for her treatment. Her original target was £50,000 which due to the kindness of Irish people was hit within hours!

Although Jemma’s target was smashed, she encouraged people to keep donating as any extra money raised was going to be used to help other sick mothers get to Mexico for life saving treatment. The money kept pouring in and within a few days had reached £150,000!

Jemma went to Mexico bringing 7 other people with her, flew business class and stayed in 5 Star hotels along the way (if I was travelling with other peoples money I’d be trying to cut costs). She spent 3 weeks in Mexico receiving all sorts of treatment and documented everything on Instagram.

When Jemma got home from Mexico the story quickly changed. The money wasn't going to be used for other mothers. It was to be used to get herself back to Mexico in October! It is now January and theres no sign anymore of any trips to Mexico but she is still relentlessly fundraising.

People locally have been questioning this for months. It appears that fundraising for herself has been starting to slow down which has now meant that she has had to use two other charities to try to squeeze more. Who is monitoring this? Who knows what percentage of funds are going to each charity? Any money being received is going directly into a personal bank account or paypal.

I would have alot more respect for this if it was being organised by a registered charity who were then distributing the funds equally to each cause.

Also doesnt help when she is constantly walking around designer boutiques, showing off her new flooring, wallpaper, beds, kitchen, childrens play area, tarmacced driveway and spending every weekend at a different 5 star hotel. Now theres a poor woman in Donegal running an appeal for £5 per month to go towards her fund!

Jem and husband have both recently left jobs on bad terms due to dishonesty. This is fairly common knowledge locally and im sure anyone who has previously worked with them will back it up.

Husband has since started working with a friend, Jemma has gone self employed selling cars from home. Conveniently her 'healing house' which was donated to her also doubles up as a handy office.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
⬆ This,has hit the nail on the head.
I too donated to her GFM my heart broke thinking about those poor babies.
however, she’s turned into a train wreck now, and how dare anyone say anything against her. She’s manipulating people and playing on their good nature, whilst showing off her designer purchases. If I was in her position which I pray I never am, I’d be spending every moment with my babies not flouncing away for weekends in fancy hotels, bragging about my designer purchases, and generally showing off. Less time talking to a phone and giving my kids some memories of me.
she’s her priorities all wrong. It’s like she’s using her diagnosis as a business venture.

Donegalwoman123

Chatty Member
People are allowed to have designer handbags and shoes. Maybe they were a present but you’re all so focused on criticising her that you all don’t stop to think of the other options as to why she has those things
People are allowed to have questions.....
Her husband bought her a pair of designer shoes for her birthday the cost hundreds and hundreds of pounds and then the next day she's on trying to sell raffle tickets to raise money......how much money do they spend eating out in restaurants, on nails, make up, 5 star hotel breaks etc, then come on Instagram an hour later trying to raise more funds? So I think when she is expecting people to donate to her fund, they have the right to question where it is going! Also I have seen you on other threads running down people for their parenting skills from their children having a tablet to what they are eating. so you are pulling apart women who are just trying to do their best and raise their children....where us the difference?
Rant over!

Not one person has pulled her apart but people are allowed to question whether things are done correctly. Being sick does not give you a licence to do as you please. I am sorry but when the story change people are allowed to ask questions whether you like it or not.
☝☝☝☝☝
Thank you! This is what I'm trying to say!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

Donegalwoman123

Chatty Member
This is exactly what I've been trying to say....
If I was in her position I'd have been asking the husband to send back the shoes and put the money into my treatment instead.....
And they do seem to eat out for breakfast, lunch and dinner, whereas if I was in her situation I'd be trying to save every penny I could get! It's hard to keep up with the designer clothes, shoes, handbags, makeup, tan, nails, meals out and hotel stays, there is something different every day and then watch them on Instagram hours later asking for peoples money.....
I donated to her GoFundMe at the start after hearing her story, but couldn't believe it then when she got the money for Mexico she decided to fly 7 people first class for a 5 star holiday.....it just doesn't make sense.....

• Heart

sjv222

She has obviously been tipped off about this thread. The story has changed- suddenly its all about the two charities again!

Wasnt much sign of the two charities all day on Saturday! It was all about #jemhow

Long time lurker and first time posting.
I have followed her for a long time now and yes, I have donated in the past to her GFM.

Around the Mexico trip became a bit unsure, when so many of her entourage headed off with her, but then l thought okay maybe if l was in that position l would do that too. All in this together vibes.

Moreover, the flash of the cash at this stage cannot be overlooked.

I do understand people have willingly donated, she can do what she likes with the money.

But come on, show some ounce of humility and respect for those people that have donated.
Leave the shoes and the shades off the gram!

Also hoping scan is the news she wants to hear and of course wishing her well in her health journey.

Lucydowl

VIP Member
Aye it sorta screams "I'm doing this for the other charities" as a distraction from the issues discussed here.
Never saw a competition like it ! EVERY SINGLE PERSON who allegedly won a prize donated it to get. What was the reason for entering in the first time??? Fools

• Heart

Donegalwoman123

Chatty Member
On a personal level she addressed this way back saying along the lines of she had covid and it didnt kill her.
But the venue would need to be careful not to lose their licence if thats what goes on in their premises.
Ok she may have got it before and it didn't kill her, but what's to stop her getting it again? And what about all of those around her? God only knows how many people will possibly have caught covid at that event yesterday. If I'd organised it, I would have at least requested that the staff wear their masks......

Not a great promotion for the restaurant when transmissions are through the roof. I’m starting to see what everyone else has been seeing. Something so so distasteful about asking people to donate to keep you alive while you’ve a £1k YSL bag swinging off your shoulder.
That bag never left her shoulder even when she was dancing.....and showing up in her limo and designer dress while begging people for their money......all while she still has a gfm page up and running and people donating to it everyday.....

Re covid: if I'd organised that event the least I would have done was requested that the staff follow guidelines and wear their masks..... especially when she is suffering cancer......also seems so unfair that she organised the event and totally ignored guidelines, when other people have had to cut people out of their weddings because venues will only allow so many people etc....