Jemhow - Jemma McGowan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to agree with all of this. Watching her on Instagram, I just do not find her to be completely genuine, she comes across too sweetness and light, but then the odd time lets her guard drop and another Gemma comes out.
The whole thing is questionable. And yes, the constant glamour days out, hotel stays, clothing is too much to watch. And me saying this is no slight on her health situation. Unfortunately people all over the world receive bad health news.
I genuinely think it's so sad that she has received the diagnosis that she has, but recently the focus doesn't seem to be on her spending time with her family and making the most of her time with them nor does it seem to be about her researching alternative treatments to help her prognosis, it seems to be more about raising money, having nice designer things and fancy nights/weekends away.....
I know I'm coming across as a witch for saying that, but if I was in her shoes, I'd be wanting to spend all my time with my kids and making memories.

Reactions: 5
I do feel like this thread as short as it is, is gonna get scooped pretty quickly and spoke about. Every comment so far is extremely sympathetic naturally of the awful situation they are in but people are obviously allowed to have the opinion but it'll be considered the wrong one. I fully expect to get tit for it..

I do feel like this thread as short as it is, is gonna get scooped pretty quickly and spoke about. Every comment so far is extremely sympathetic naturally of the awful situation they are in but people are obviously allowed to have the opinion but it'll be considered the wrong one. I fully expect to get tit for it..
Yeah I don’t expect it to last long.. anyone who has a platform should be allowed to be spoke about as if you message them about anything you’re a troll

Reactions: 6
Yes and there seems to be a taboo about calling out someone who’s sick but this girl was bad news long before she was sick so I really doubt much has changed

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Yes and there seems to be a taboo about calling out someone who’s sick but this girl was bad news long before she was sick so I really doubt much has changed
You keep making these accusations with no back up. I'm actually not comfortable slating someone on a new members vague say so.

Gosh, I had a bird fly in to my kitchen a few months back. I am terrified of birds, but managed to get it out...
my passed away in September . .hope it's just a coincidence, I wouldn't normally be superstitious . .

Gosh, I had a bird fly in to my kitchen a few months back. I am terrified of birds, but managed to get it out...
my ***Mam***passed away in September . .hope it's just a coincidence, I wouldn't normally be superstitious . .
That was supposed to read *My Mam* passed away ..

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Ok so to give everyone a bit of background and to explain my feeling towards this.-

I have been following this from the very start and it is no surprise how it has panned out. Although Jemma’s diagnosis has been very unfortunate and wouldn’t wish it on anybody. It was apparent to anybody that knew her that this would turn into a money racket. Jemmas sole motivation from a very young age has only ever been money.

The Gofundme page was started to enable Jemma to quickly gather the money needed to get her to Mexico for her treatment. Her original target was £50,000 which due to the kindness of Irish people was hit within hours!

Although Jemma’s target was smashed, she encouraged people to keep donating as any extra money raised was going to be used to help other sick mothers get to Mexico for life saving treatment. The money kept pouring in and within a few days had reached £150,000!

Jemma went to Mexico bringing 7 other people with her, flew business class and stayed in 5 Star hotels along the way (if I was travelling with other peoples money I’d be trying to cut costs). She spent 3 weeks in Mexico receiving all sorts of treatment and documented everything on Instagram.

When Jemma got home from Mexico the story quickly changed. The money wasn't going to be used for other mothers. It was to be used to get herself back to Mexico in October! It is now January and theres no sign anymore of any trips to Mexico but she is still relentlessly fundraising.

People locally have been questioning this for months. It appears that fundraising for herself has been starting to slow down which has now meant that she has had to use two other charities to try to squeeze more. Who is monitoring this? Who knows what percentage of funds are going to each charity? Any money being received is going directly into a personal bank account or paypal.

I would have alot more respect for this if it was being organised by a registered charity who were then distributing the funds equally to each cause.

Also doesnt help when she is constantly walking around designer boutiques, showing off her new flooring, wallpaper, beds, kitchen, childrens play area, tarmacced driveway and spending every weekend at a different 5 star hotel. Now theres a poor woman in Donegal running an appeal for £5 per month to go towards her fund!

Jem and husband have both recently left jobs on bad terms due to dishonesty. This is fairly common knowledge locally and im sure anyone who has previously worked with them will back it up.

Husband has since started working with a friend, Jemma has gone self employed selling cars from home. Conveniently her 'healing house' which was donated to her also doubles up as a handy office.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
⬆ This,has hit the nail on the head.
I too donated to her GFM my heart broke thinking about those poor babies.
however, she’s turned into a train wreck now, and how dare anyone say anything against her. She’s manipulating people and playing on their good nature, whilst showing off her designer purchases. If I was in her position which I pray I never am, I’d be spending every moment with my babies not flouncing away for weekends in fancy hotels, bragging about my designer purchases, and generally showing off. Less time talking to a phone and giving my kids some memories of me.
she’s her priorities all wrong. It’s like she’s using her diagnosis as a business venture.

Reactions: 9
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
⬆ This,has hit the nail on the head.
I too donated to her GFM my heart broke thinking about those poor babies.
however, she’s turned into a train wreck now, and how dare anyone say anything against her. She’s manipulating people and playing on their good nature, whilst showing off her designer purchases. If I was in her position which I pray I never am, I’d be spending every moment with my babies not flouncing away for weekends in fancy hotels, bragging about my designer purchases, and generally showing off. Less time talking to a phone and giving my kids some memories of me.
she’s her priorities all wrong. It’s like she’s using her diagnosis as a business venture.
I came across her accidentally and my heart broke for her. No one knows what’s in front of them and I wish her well and hopefully her life is prolonged to see her kids grow up.
Then the thing with all of these GFM and sad stories is that they nearly all go the same way and think they are celebs. They then get this superiority complex and feel they are owed something and that sense of entitlement starts to turn people off. I don’t know what I’d do if I was in that position but I know I would be mortified asking people for money and at times I feel she demands that the meds are to be paid for while actively spending money. Maybe some people that can’t attend the big lunch can afford to get raffle tickets in lieu of refund but I’m sure there are some that can’t and it may be the difference between paying a bill or feeding their family if they are sick with covid. That’s really stuck with me. Will be interesting to see how today pans out.

Reactions: 6
I came across her accidentally and my heart broke for her. No one knows what’s in front of them and I wish her well and hopefully her life is prolonged to see her kids grow up.
Then the thing with all of these GFM and sad stories is that they nearly all go the same way and think they are celebs. They then get this superiority complex and feel they are owed something and that sense of entitlement starts to turn people off. I don’t know what I’d do if I was in that position but I know I would be mortified asking people for money and at times I feel she demands that the meds are to be paid for while actively spending money. Maybe some people that can’t attend the big lunch can afford to get raffle tickets in lieu of refund but I’m sure there are some that can’t and it may be the difference between paying a bill or feeding their family if they are sick with covid. That’s really stuck with me. Will be interesting to see how today pans out.
Totally agreed. I hope I am never in her situation and I genuinely feel so sorry for her after her diagnosis/prognosis. I myself donated to her GFM at the start and have been following her ever since to see how her journey was going, but was shocked when she decided to take half the country to Mexico with her and turn it into a 5 star holiday for them.......if it was me I'd be spending the bare minimum on flights and hotels etc to ensure I definitely had enough for treatments.....
And recently she seems to think she is some high profile celebrity...wanting the best of everything, but expecting it all for free because she is unwell.....
Her GFM is still open and people are still donating, but no sign of her heading back to Mexico for further treatments or no sign of her donating the money to others in need......it seems to be all about the designer clothes, handbags etc, not about spending time with her kids and making memories....even when she is going her videos while doing her makeup you can clearly hear her kids crying for her in the background, but instead of cutting the video short and going to them, she will close the door and carry on......it seems to be more about Instagram fame and money, than her health and family which should be most important....
I'll get a pile of backlash for this now, but like I say I'm totally sympathetic to her situation and prognosis, but she seems to have her priorities all wrong.

Reactions: 13
It dee
Totally agreed. I hope I am never in her situation and I genuinely feel so sorry for her after her diagnosis/prognosis. I myself donated to her GFM at the start and have been following her ever since to see how her journey was going, but was shocked when she decided to take half the country to Mexico with her and turn it into a 5 star holiday for them.......if it was me I'd be spending the bare minimum on flights and hotels etc to ensure I definitely had enough for treatments.....
And recently she seems to think she is some high profile celebrity...wanting the best of everything, but expecting it all for free because she is unwell.....
Her GFM is still open and people are still donating, but no sign of her heading back to Mexico for further treatments or no sign of her donating the money to others in need......it seems to be all about the designer clothes, handbags etc, not about spending time with her kids and making memories....even when she is going her videos while doing her makeup you can clearly hear her kids crying for her in the background, but instead of cutting the video short and going to them, she will close the door and carry on......it seems to be more about Instagram fame and money, than her health and family which should be most important....
I'll get a pile of backlash for this now, but like I say I'm totally sympathetic to her situation and prognosis, but she seems to have her priorities all wrong.
[/QUOTE

it seems in this day and age being sick or an instagrammed gives you free reign to do what you want. God forbid anyone says anythingor questions something - this industry needs an overhaul urgently. I cried when I read her initial story and was only too happy to donate when she was in Mexico was she given advice on diet and lifestyle does anyone know? I thought I seen that somewhere.

Reactions: 1
Yep, this lunch with her just goes to show what a Z-List celeb she thinks she is.

Yep, this lunch with her just goes to show what a Z-List celeb she thinks she is.
Aye.... This always made me feel a bit odd. Lunch with a seriously sick woman? I genuinely don't see the appeal I'd be terrified to go near her in case I was carrying anything her poor immune system couldn't handle!
She's running it like a BPerfect event it just seems weird.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.