Janey Godley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This article lists her offensive tweets.
WTF, and Janey's front-and-centre in a "KICK THE TORIES OUT!" demonstration (picture contained within that article) - though it looks like it might be an SNP rally
_120491675_gettyimages-1179177598[1].jpg

(I get that the previous comments about her being involved with the Scottish Tories was about bringing them on side to achieve her aims - I think - so I'm not sure about her true political affiliations - maybe it's whatever way the wind blows/whatever best suits her).

Reactions: 3
I unfollowed her on Facebook back in Feb. She had joined in with an awful dog pile on Twitter after a person tweeted the didn't like Tracy Ann Oberman's performance in It's a Sin. A load of blue tick bullies proceeded to drag the poor person and called them an anti Semite.

She's just a nasty potty mouthed thug.
I saw that, it was awful. Kristin Alsop said she needed putting down. I unfollowed her then. Poor woman just said she didn't like her in the program.

Reactions: 7
Guess she is now getting a taste of her own medicine, not so hilarious now are we Janey, I have absolutely no sympathy at all she's just one of those horrible aggressive people that thought she was untouchable, ah hope she is enjoying her wee one woman pity party 🥳

Reactions: 14
I saw that, it was awful. Kristin Alsop said she needed putting down. I unfollowed her then. Poor woman just said she didn't like her in the program.

I remember this, the woman hadn’t even tagged TAO in the post! The pile on was bizarre!

Reactions: 8
Guess she is now getting a taste of her own medicine, not so hilarious now are we Janey, I have absolutely no sympathy at all she's just one of those horrible aggressive people that thought she was untouchable, ah hope she is enjoying her wee one woman pity party 🥳
There seem to be a lot of folk letting her off with it if Facebook is anything to go by. I’m glad she’s not getting 12k of taxpayers money anymore anyway.

Reactions: 10
50 Cent‘s tweet to her is still there and it’s one of the funniest things I’ve seen!

View attachment 758486
hahaha I just laughed out loud so hard, i think i've punctured a lung. Oh, duck, I need to print that out and frame it.

The Scottish media is very Glasgow-centric so anything that is seen as Glasgow banter is seen to be funny whether it is or not. Kevin Bridges - funny; Janey Godley - 90% not. There was that dreadful Dorothy someone who used to be on the TV at Hogmanay too. Scotland the What from Aberdeen years ago were brilliant but the Glasgow meeja probably couldn't understand them. (Why are we always expected to understand Glaswegians but other Scottish accents are too difficult though?)
Dorothy Paul. My granny was a singer/dancer and she was regularly in shows with people like DP. Very posh with a big poker up her arse.

Did anyone else see JG on the Joanna Lumley travel programme where she toured the UK? She was an utter embarrassment. My sphincter was the size of the eye of a needle cringing at her. At least Joanna had the good grace to smile but i bet she was thinking "who the duck is this whalloper?" Obviously in a posher accent. ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
hahaha I just laughed out loud so hard, i think i've punctured a lung. Oh, duck, I need to print that out and frame it.

Dorothy Paul. My granny was a singer/dancer and she was regularly in shows with people like DP. Very posh with a big poker up her arse.
DP presumably rather than your granny? So she'd be all posh and Kelvinside till she turned the character on and came out like Senga from the Gorbals?

• Haha
DP presumably rather than your granny? So she'd be all posh and Kelvinside till she turned the character on and came out like Senga from the Gorbals?
Haha My granny was from Govan…there wasn’t a poker big enough to hide that!
DP on the other hand was a proper diva. Very showbiz, dahling. You’ve got it spot on.

• Haha
Those blue ticks always stick together. Dawn French, David Baddiel and Jolyon Rubenstein tweeted in support of Janey Godley 🙄

• Wow
That reminds me of my Gran but the other way round. She was a bit snobby and would put on this fake la de da voice when speaking to certain people...... especially on the telephone. Honestly at times you would think she wouldn't even call the queen her auntie 😄 Her surname was Dewar and the family joke was that she had delusions of Gran Dewar 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think the anti semetic ones were fake, but it seems Baddiel has no problem with her anti black racism 🤔
Godley admitted responsibility for most of the tweets but maintained some were fake. From what I saw she disowned the most offensive. Has anyone proved they were in fact all her own work or she was actually being truthful?

Reactions: 3
Godley is out in the papers today. As predicted by many, she’s the victim.
If all the Tweets were fake then I might have a degree of sympathy for her but she didn’t care how Kelly Rowland or anyone else was feeling when she said what she did. She knew what she was doing so she can’t cry now, just because she thought she’d get away with it

story here

her twitter has plenty of pics of the "wee dug" with the hashtag #mentalhealthmatters

now, I loathe the phrase, "playing the xxxxx card" when it comes to anything, as it can be used so often to diminish people's suffering... but I think it's clear that's how she's attempting redeem herself

I have someone close to me with diagnosed mental health issues and it bugs the living bejesus out of me the way that it’s dragged out as an excuse for every tiny thing and used for pity parties.

• Heart
Reactions: 11