Janey Godley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely this ! I never see her posting or doing anything else for the trans community other than her tweets , i never see support from the trans communityfor her either , i feel she just posts it to try and goad the anti trans folk into arguing - to then create content for herself ( please correct me if I am wrong)

Maybe I'm wrong and I'm all for being an ally but I often question is she being a true ally?
I don’t follow her which is why originally I was confused as to what she was talking about. But she does seem to like stirring the pot, only when any backlash gets to her it becomes a pity party.

As you say @Sideboard Bob, nobody was going there - maybe that was her problem? Spend 10 minutes on Tattle and you’ll see more people than you’d ever imagine portraying that there’s no such thing as bad publicity. (I don’t think it’s necessary here she wants to be spoken about, just in general)

Reactions: 5
She tweeted an update video on her cancer status a couple of days ago. I didn’t click on the video but a poster on another thread indicated she was having clear scans with a reminder to her fans and non fans that she remains terminally ill. She’s also tweeted she’s writing a book, has a documentary being made about her and is writing a bbc radio 4 series. Her cancer diagnosis, which is very sad indeed, has sure allowed her to uncancel herself.

Reactions: 6
Her cancer diagnosis, which is very sad indeed, has sure allowed her to uncancel herself.
Has anyone ever wondered whether she really has it? I mean: She was diagnosed about a month after being cancelled, her hair was pretty obviously a wig before, and she keeps tweeting for sympathy with "remember, I have cancer" posts. It's just all so convenient.

I'm aware this is pretty rude for a first post so feel free to chase me away!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Has anyone ever wondered whether she really has it? I mean: She was diagnosed about a month after being cancelled, her hair was pretty obviously a wig before, and she keeps tweeting for sympathy with "remember, I have cancer" posts. It's just all so convenient.

I think she has it as I know someone who was getting treatment at the same place.

Janey got her arse handed to her by Martina Navratilova! She didn't dare set her gob up to Martina.

I don't know what she tweeted initially, because she blocked me ages ago. (I can't remember what for, but it doesn't take much. I think it was when all those nasty old tweets resurfaced.)

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Janey got her arse handed to her by Martina Navratilova! She didn't dare set her gob up to Martina.

I don't know what she tweeted initially, because she blocked me ages ago. (I can't remember what for, but it doesn't take much. I think it was when all those nasty old tweets resurfaced.)
Martina is an utter legend! 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Nah, I don’t like her one iota, I think she’s a poisonous turd, but I 100% believe her and wouldn’t wish that diagnosis on anyone. Living knowing you’re going to die a (probable) painful death? No.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

'Have you ever seen anyone trying to redefine what a man is? Me neither.' is an excellent point to make.

Interesting how Janey backed down quietly when it was someone more famous than her. Us plebs would be blocked and probably quoted and attacked into the bargain.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think she has it as I know someone who was getting treatment at the same place.
Ah, then I guess I owe Janey an apology. There's just something odd about the whole situation and I can't put my finger on what. I usually have a pretty good BS detector.

Best wishes to your friend.

Reactions: 6
Ah, then I guess I owe Janey an apology. There's just something odd about the whole situation and I can't put my finger on what. I usually have a pretty good BS detector.

Best wishes to your friend.
She does have it , but I do understand your feeling something feels odd to me too and I'm not sure what.
I understand the fear etc and sharing her journey....I have two friends in similar situations but with different cancers.its awful to live with that situation.
I know its her page and she can share what she wants but I wish , she would share awareness or how to check for symptoms more. To be frank I've forgotten what cancer she has , the newspapers always share her updates from social media and it be great to see an awareness or symptoms post.could help others.
I know its not her job nor should she feel obliged etc but I'd see that as a more positive impact.

Her respecting someone else’s opinion, that’s something you don’t see every day…

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She does have it , but I do understand your feeling something feels odd to me too and I'm not sure what.
I understand the fear etc and sharing her journey....I have two friends in similar situations but with different cancers.its awful to live with that situation.
I know its her page and she can share what she wants but I wish , she would share awareness or how to check for symptoms more. To be frank I've forgotten what cancer she has , the newspapers always share her updates from social media and it be great to see an awareness or symptoms post.could help others.
I know its not her job nor should she feel obliged etc but I'd see that as a more positive impact.
I think it's Ovarian. When she first revealed it, she posted some stuff about what to look for but that's about it.

Reactions: 2
She is trending on twitter this morning. Not exactly sure why though. Her new tour promo I think. She says she's been getting abuse but she's not exactly a reliable narrator.

She is trending on twitter this morning. Not exactly sure why though. Her new tour promo I think. She says she's been getting abuse but she's not exactly a reliable narrator.
Some people were asking her for proof that she has cancer :oops:

I'm not a fan of her, I think she's a massive attention seeker. But that's going too far.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I went to one of Janeys free festival shows a good few years ago. Her show was OK but her attitude with the audience as we all left was shocking. She asked for donations and stood at the door and was rude and mean to anyone that dared to utter a word her way! She also ended the show talking about the Glasgow bus crash that seemed odd and making it about her. Weird behaviour.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I take the asking for donations was because it was free and she felt the audience should/would contribute? No doubt she’s made money over the years as a comedian - daughter Ashley Storrie went to Hutchie private school in Glasgow due to bullying at her comp. Friend of said school said both mother and daughter were a nightmare. As in negative about all aspects of education not because it was assumed to be offering an advantage.

Reactions: 2
That daughter btw. Is there a single bigger case of nepotism in the entire country? Never heard a single nice thing about her and never seen anything indicating any kind of talent, yet she'll get tv spots and pundit gigs for the rest of our bleeping lives

Reactions: 9
I don’t think Janey’s ticket sales are going that well. She’s trying really hard to insert herself into the baby reindeer drama.

Reactions: 1