Janey Godley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her tweets were racist. There is no context here. Shocking that she thought they were funny or acceptable. She must accept the consequences. People who are calling her brave or justifying her behaviour are just revealing their own ignorance. You cannot be saying ignorant and offensive tit like that. Being a comedian is irrelevant.

Reactions: 24
I was looking at the comments on her Facebook page and she's got her wee army of angry hateful followers all saying well she has apologised so everyone needs to move on 🙄🙄. They really don't get it and it does show what type of people they are, also anyone that doesn't agree, they all get jumped on for daring to have a different opinion.

Reactions: 9
Her tweets were racist. There is no context here. Shocking that she thought they were funny or acceptable. She must accept the consequences. People who are calling her brave or justifying her behaviour are just revealing their own ignorance. You cannot be saying ignorant and offensive tit like that. Being a comedian is irrelevant.
Yep. That stuff was definitely not OK 10 years ago. I’m amazed she wasn’t called out at the time. It never fails to amaze me how many adults are too stupid to keep their racist opinions off the internet. You could mine my MySpace through to my Instagram over 15 odd years and you wouldn’t find anything like that and I’m sure that’s true of most people. Lets give them jobs instead of making excuses for vile behaviour. It’s almost like we have accepted that all people have shady pasts that should be forgiven. Nope!

Reactions: 17
Now we are talking!!!
Where to begin with Godley? Firstly, she has never, ever been funny. The voiceovers were “enjoyed” by a particular small demographic of people who would laugh at a closing door, a sweetie wrapper blowing down the street or anything and I mean anything which has a reference to parochial, stereotypical Scottishness.

The shtick was bad to begin with and remained bad. The individual herself milked it for all she could and sought to ingratiate herself with the famous and powerful. It worked.

Her behaviour towards any challenge was extreme. She conducted herself online and a deranged, narcissist bully when she should not have been drawing attention to herself given the skeletons in her digital cupboard.

the downfall is sweet. The apology is not remotely sincere. Sturgeon is left with massive egg on her face with her “these things happen” comment and I say that as a lifelong supporter or independence.

Far too many ratbag charlatans kicking around in Scottish public life and it’s a joy when they are exposed and taken down. They richly deserve it.

I'm stunned.
Not by the fact she's in the tit, she really is vile, but by the racism.
How the hell has she not been called out before now? It's not just the odd tweet. Entire podcasts with racial slurs. Her daughter telling her shut up and she still rambles on.
It was obviously deliberate, set out to shock. A 50something year old woman repeating the P word to describe Asian people. Pathetic.
All her cheerleaders knew, the just hoped that it would magically not become widely known.

The most hilarious was the utterly bizarre Angela Haggerty who spends her life making bizarre claims and also seeing anti-Irish racism in her tea, cornflakes, supper and pudding. “Racism! Call it out!” Is her war cry.

yet when Godley’s racism is exposed we have a tear-stained public defence and a rant about how Godley is being a victim of the usual misogyny.

Earlier in the week during an attention deficit we had claims from Haggerty that a deliveroo driver had sneakily taken pictures of her child when making a delivery. She is insane but also malicious.

Not sure why all 3 of my posts condensed into one post. Can’t see an edit button.

Last edited:
Now we are talking!!!
Where to begin with Godley? Firstly, she has never, ever been funny. The voiceovers were “enjoyed” by a particular small demographic of people who would laugh at a closing door, a sweetie wrapper blowing down the street or anything and I mean anything which has a reference to parochial, stereotypical Scottishness.

The shtick was bad to begin with and remained bad. The individual herself milked it for all she could and sought to ingratiate herself with the famous and powerful. It worked.

Her behaviour towards any challenge was extreme. She conducted herself online and a deranged, narcissist bully when she should not have been drawing attention to herself given the skeletons in her digital cupboard.

the downfall is sweet. The apology is not remotely sincere. Sturgeon is left with massive egg on her face with her “these things happen” comment and I say that as a lifelong supporter or independence.

Far too many ratbag charlatans kicking around in Scottish public life and it’s a joy when they are exposed and taken down. They richly deserve it.

All her cheerleaders knew, the just hoped that it would magically not become widely known.

The most hilarious was the utterly bizarre Angela Haggerty who spends her life making bizarre claims and also seeing anti-Irish racism in her tea, cornflakes, supper and pudding. “Racism! Call it out!” Is her war cry.

yet when Godley’s racism is exposed we have a tear-stained public defence and a rant about how Godley is being a victim of the usual misogyny.

Earlier in the week during an attention deficit we had claims from Haggerty that a deliveroo driver had sneakily taken pictures of her child when making a delivery. She is insane but also malicious.

Not sure why all 3 of my posts condensed into one post. Can’t see an edit button.
If no one posts in between your posts, they get merged. The Edit button is in the dotted line dropdown to the right of Report on the left side of your post for a certain time (30 minutes?) after you've posted it.

Reactions: 3
I'm horrified by her racism but I'm also deeply upset that apparently tweets full of slurs against the disabled were considered okay. Something was only done about this vile woman when her racism came to light...like, if it had been "just" her horrible tweets about the disabled that clearly would have got a past.

Even in the world of social justice, disability rights and giving any sort of crap about disabled people at all isn't considered worthwhile enough. Makes me heart broken.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm horrified by her racism but I'm also deeply upset that apparently tweets full of slurs against the disabled were considered okay. Something was only done about this vile woman when her racism came to light...like, if it had been "just" her horrible tweets about the disabled that clearly would have got a past.

Even in the world of social justice, disability rights and giving any sort of crap about disabled people at all isn't considered worthwhile enough. Makes me heart broken.
In the article that I read only the racist tweets were highlighted so you are absolutely right. I wasn't even aware that she had made offensive tweets about disabled people. That's outrageous and it is very telling. Disgusting that this hasn't been called out properly. Its completely unacceptable and I'm sorry that it has hurt and upset you so much.

Reactions: 12

She is a vile, vindictive and throughly repellant character, and this has been clear to see for some years.

You are right, she would probably have gotten away with it if was “just” the disabled she was cruelly attacking, and that needs to change.

Those who have stood with her and continue to do so are in full knowledge of her behaviour and their defence of her is entirely tribal. They see her as “one of them” in the toxic soup that is Scottish public life. They also fear her, because they know she has the capability to turn on them. That’s their fault though and their position is a result of their poor values and lack of judgement.

I am so pleased to have found this site, where these charlatans and bullies can be called out and exposed without the risk of them trying to destroy people for the crime of catching them out.

No idea about the above. Her daughter went to Hutchie, well known private school in Glasgow. So clearly has funds as bursaries are v rare.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Some Godley backstory, before she found fame as a pro-indy celebrity, she was once a popular Tory campaigner, and was so good at it that Thatcher praised her in person at the Scottish Tory Convention.

Source - her own book, in which she also claims to be the head of a shoplifting empire that she sent out to steal her entire outfit for the convention, exact sizes and all

1631384650660.png

If we could get a list of the confirmed sockpuppet accounts she uses that'd be great too, i know of pokeymon5 and TrumpGlasgow

God there's so much stuff. How about when she was so annoying that 50 Cent told her to fuck off? How about her being the single biggest self-retweeter on the site? How about when she claimed her dog was a #metoo story?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
No idea who this woman is.
Weird that you felt the need to join the thread then 😂👍🏻

. Her daughter went to Hutchie, well known private school in Glasgow. So clearly has funds as bursaries are v rare.
Doesn’t the story go that her ex (and the daughters dad) is some kind of gangster so maybe that’s how the fees were paid?

I see Loki the Scottish rapper has decided to jump on the Janey scandal and milk it for all it’s worth. Someone told me his back story is also pretty well embellished- his parents were teachers and he was not a member of the young team… Dunno if it’s true but.

I jumped here from the Vonny thread (rest in peace to all the fictional Vonnies)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Some Godley backstory, before she found fame as a pro-indy celebrity, she was once a popular Tory campaigner, and was so good at it that Thatcher praised her in person at the Scottish Tory Convention.

Source - her own book, in which she also claims to be the head of a shoplifting empire that she sent out to steal her entire outfit for the convention, exact sizes and all

View attachment 757940

If we could get a list of the confirmed sockpuppet accounts she uses that'd be great too, i know of pokeymon5 and TrumpGlasgow

God there's so much stuff. How about when she was so annoying that 50 Cent told her to fuck off? How about her being the single biggest self-retweeter on the site? How about when she claimed her dog was a #metoo story?
I saw somewhere on Twitter she’d sent 50 Cent around 290 tweets??? What an absolute weirdo.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Weird that you felt the need to join the thread then 😂👍🏻

Doesn’t the story go that her ex (and the daughters dad) is some kind of gangster so maybe that’s how the fees were paid?

I see Loki the Scottish rapper has decided to jump on the Janey scandal and milk it for all it’s worth. Someone told me his back story is also pretty well embellished- his parents were teachers and he was not a member of the young team… Dunno if it’s true but.

I jumped here from the Vonny thread (rest in peace to all the fictional Vonnies)
He completely makes an arse of himself on a regular basis.

Complete hypocrisy normally followed up by stuff along the lines of “hey, I’m human”. Hypocrisy from others though is unacceptable to him.

And ridiculous hubris normally followed up by a contrived acknowledgment of his own hubris and ego, intended to disarm.

The latest narrative to escape from his hypocrisy is “I’m older now, I’ve changed”.

Revels and delights in his social mobility to middle class status but tries to temper it with little references to how the middle class will never truly accept him and how he’ll never really be at home among them. Enjoys the trappings but pretends to be embarrassed.

Comical to watch.

Reactions: 6
He completely makes an arse of himself on a regular basis.

Complete hypocrisy normally followed up by stuff along the lines of “hey, I’m human”. Hypocrisy from others though is unacceptable to him.

And ridiculous hubris normally followed up by a contrived acknowledgment of his own hubris and ego, intended to disarm.

The latest narrative to escape from his hypocrisy is “I’m older now, I’ve changed”.

Revels and delights in his social mobility to middle class status but tries to temper it with little references to how the middle class will never truly accept him and how he’ll never really be at home among them. Enjoys the trappings but pretends to be embarrassed.

Comical to watch.
Found his thread today hilarious as he spouted on and on advising young artists not to align themselves with politics… didn’t he write an article claiming support for Scottish labour this year? Absolute zoomer.
Honestly a lot of his Twitter patter is narcissistic pish, he certainly views himself as a spokesperson on everything despite not being an expert on anything, much like Mistress Vonny 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Found his thread today hilarious as he spouted on and on advising young artists not to align themselves with politics… didn’t he write an article claiming support for Scottish labour this year? Absolute zoomer.
Honestly a lot of his Twitter patter is narcissistic pish, he certainly views himself as a spokesperson on everything despite not being an expert on anything, much like Mistress Vonny 😂
Over the last 5 years it’s been Labour, SNP, Green “I’m politically homesless waaaah” and even a little dabble with RISE.

So glad I’ve found this site.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

View attachment 757940
I want to be liked too much. :unsure:

Going well, then... :LOL:

• Haha

View attachment 757940

50 Cent‘s tweet to her is still there and it’s one of the funniest things I’ve seen!

1E0F3024-DA6A-475E-A2AB-CFB4290CB308.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Everytime she said in the ad she was going to make people laugh for 10 days, I always said out loud, naw you're no hen because you're just not funny 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Her appearance on HIGNFY was the worst attempt at comedy in the shows history.

There's a girl I am friends with on Twitter who suffered badly at the hands of Godney, alleging Godney was harassing her and painting Godney in a near to insane light.

• Wow