Janey Godley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In Glasgow, we used to have this thing on the TV called a button - when something came on we didn't like, we could press the button and a different channel came on. Pity they never made it up north. You could have changed the channel and avoided Dorothy 😉😉😉

Now we've got a thing called a Remote Control - I can change channels sitting in my chair. 😀😀😀 You'll love them when they eventually reach the north 👍👍👍

And now back to Janey Godley!!!
Yup, we did - quite easily as we didn't have to avoid dodging around the bigoted drunks with their "patter" and vomit in the sitting room. Dot was therefore quite easily avoided, much like Glasgow itself as the shopping in Edinburgh and Aberdeen was better class. I'm surprised that you still have a remote or even a TV - hasn't it been pawned or stolen yet?

I’m Aberdonian and hated The Steamie. Not that I would have told my (Weegie) late mother in law that, she would have been horrified with me 😂
It's considered a classic of modern Scots literature but, again, overhyped, as we return to the subject of overhyped comedians - who happen to think that verbal abuse is amusing, which is not unusual as has been shown in this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Yup, we did - quite easily as we didn't have to avoid dodging around the bigoted drunks with their "patter" and vomit in the sitting room. Dot was therefore quite easily avoided, much like Glasgow itself as the shopping in Edinburgh and Aberdeen was better class. I'm surprised that you still have a remote or even a TV - hasn't it been pawned or stolen yet?

It's considered a classic of modern Scots literature but, again, overhyped, as we return to the subject of overhyped comedians - who happen to think that verbal abuse is amusing, which is not unusual as has been shown in this thread.
In the words of Robert De Niro - You talking to me 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I've tried to have what is known as Friendly Banter but obviously coming from the Frozen North, you don't appreciate it. That's fine because comedy is subjective.

And if I was going to resort to verbal abuse, I would have made a comment about sheep 👍👍👍

And as much as I'm sure everybody else is finding the tensions between Aberdeen and Scotland's Greatest City - Glasgow fascinating - back to Janey Godley 😀😀😀

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She still seems very quiet. Does anyone follow her on Twitter? Her tweets are still protected. Is she tweeting?

She still seems very quiet. Does anyone follow her on Twitter? Her tweets are still protected. Is she tweeting?
I’d been following her for ages, then unfollowed her recently when her racism came to light. If I’d known she‘d protected her tweets I would have kept following her to look for receipts!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She’s doing the whole victim thing on Facebook where most of her middle aged minions reside. Posting pictures of sunset saying “there is always light”. No one is deid Janey, you just got caught being racist.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I've just found this thread by accident and enjoyed reading the comments. I've never found Janey Godley remotely funny in any way. I don't understand her appeal at all 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
She’s doing the whole victim thing on Facebook where most of her middle aged minions reside. Posting pictures of sunset saying “there is always light”. No one is deid Janey, you just got caught being racist.
I've just looked, omg!

• Haha
It was posting the link to the samaritans that gave me face palm, probably never gave a thought about how she made other people feel with her bullying and vile hate which she loved to spew but now poor wee Janey is the victim so she needs sympathy from all her sheep followers

Reactions: 15
It was posting the link to the samaritans that gave me face palm, probably never gave a thought about how she made other people feel with her bullying and vile hate which she loved to spew but now poor wee Janey is the victim so she needs sympathy from all her sheep followers

Precisely. And she won't be devestated because she has been revealed as a vile racist and ableist bigot but because she now has to face the consequences, ie. lose work and relevance. Self pity as opposed to genuine remorse. Ugh.

Reactions: 8
The Scottish media is very Glasgow-centric so anything that is seen as Glasgow banter is seen to be funny whether it is or not. Kevin Bridges - funny; Janey Godley - 90% not. There was that dreadful Dorothy someone who used to be on the TV at Hogmanay too. Scotland the What from Aberdeen years ago were brilliant but the Glasgow meeja probably couldn't understand them. (Why are we always expected to understand Glaswegians but other Scottish accents are too difficult though?)
As a Glaswegian, I have to agree this is fair comment. The Glasgow media set are very parochial.

stuff like Dorothy Paul, Francie and Josie, the Steamie etc are and always were trite and unfunny but they were portrayed as being fantastic.

My God. Calm down. 😮

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I unfollowed her on Facebook back in Feb. She had joined in with an awful dog pile on Twitter after a person tweeted the didn't like Tracy Ann Oberman's performance in It's a Sin. A load of blue tick bullies proceeded to drag the poor person and called them an anti Semite.

She's just a nasty potty mouthed thug.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I know generalisations are the root of most comedy but can I just say - I'm Glaswegian and I don't drink Irn Bru, rarely touch alcohol, don't own a chip pan (most fried food makes me feel sick and I'm surrounded by chippies in the city centre!), I'm not into the bigotry thing and don't take drugs.

Wish I could see Janey's Tweets - not that I'm going to comment @ her (as I'd imagine she'd set her brown-nosers on me and my mate might well be one of her Followers :ROFLMAO:), will have to peek at her Facebook.

Maybe this is her dose of self awareness that's been a long time coming. Though these types are too arrogant to be accountable for anything, sadly.

Reactions: 10
I know generalisations are the root of most comedy but can I just say - I'm Glaswegian and I don't drink Irn Bru, rarely touch alcohol, don't own a chip pan (most fried food makes me feel sick and I'm surrounded by chippies in the city centre!), I'm not into the bigotry thing and don't take drugs.

Wish I could see Janey's Tweets - not that I'm going to comment @ her (as I'd imagine she'd set her brown-nosers on me and my mate might well be one of her Followers :ROFLMAO:), will have to peek at her Facebook.

Maybe this is her dose of self awareness that's been a long time coming. Though these types are too arrogant to be accountable for anything, sadly.
She will have learned nothing from any of this. Irredeemable narcissists can’t change.

Reactions: 6
Janey Godley makes me ashamed to be Scottish. I’ve never thought she was funny. The Government’s reaction of “These things happen” is disgusting. It wouldn’t be that if it was a certain football club!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Janey Godley makes me ashamed to be Scottish. I’ve never thought she was funny. The Government’s reaction of “These things happen” is disgusting. It wouldn’t be that if it was a certain football club!
Correct. Hypocrisy at its worst with that lot.

Reactions: 3
Correct. Hypocrisy at its worst with that lot.
Nicola's flippant response to Janey's comments was a disgrace. Nicola was the MSP for Govanhill at one point - I wonder - what is she going to do about that area of Glasgow and all of its social problems? Probably also dismiss that as "these things happen"?
(Was just discussing that today, with a friend who works in that area in a welfare/social care capacity).
Typical of many MPs - promise you the world, till they get elected, then they have selective amnesia.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5