Janetnewenham #1Journalist on d run from d tax man

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it was kinda dickish to get a taxi driver to go out in the flooded roads. Maybe they didn't mind cos they got money but I dunno its just such incitement we must go here etc etc

Reactions: 4
I don’t follow her page as much anymore, for obvious reasons, but I’m guessing she still hasn’t mentioned the issues in Iran? Or mentioned the concerns about the Qatar World Cup? She may have and I may have missed it but I haven’t noticed it, so apologies if so. God forbid you criticise human right violations and that it affects your extortionate holiday trip company!! For someone who claims her background is in journalism, she’s very quiet…

Reactions: 3
I don't really follow her either anymore but I doubt she has said anything about those things seeing as there is literally nothing she could say to defend herself 😹.

And I don't think she has much of a background working in journalism... she was a TEFL teacher in Korea, probably straight out of college or soon after. Unless she counts her blog as journalism! Travel journalist I guess?

Also I'm so surprised she went back to Mexico after she ranted about the place so much the whole time she was there before. She seemed to hate the place.

Is this one trying to buy every rice field. WTF. and looking for a few friends to build villas on "her land" madness

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Yeah wtf? Same person who asked people to fund her travels and everyone to give her the price of a cup of coffee....

• Angry
Reactions: 5
So she's gonna spend around 25 grand on a bit of land and just leave it there til she has the money to build. Sure Jan 👍

As someone who also lives in another Asian country, the arse could fall out of any of these property deals she's doing very quickly. Or some of the rules/laws etc could change overnight and they certainly don't give a duck how things affect rich foreigners. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Yes, everything is cheaper there but they are still hefty sums of money she's putting into this stuff for years to come not knowing if the current situation will remain stable.

Reactions: 7
Indonesia is a red flag country to invest in! Janet should maybe do a good old fashioned PEST analysis before she spends money like it's going out of fashion.

Reactions: 6
In this day and age who brags about their carbon footprint from long haul flights? Janet of course.

Reactions: 2
Just stopped following her, the ‘came home to my picture being hung’ was just the end. Like can she not do anything herself, she constantly uses cheap labour for everything!!

Reactions: 10
Just stopped following her, the ‘came home to my picture being hung’ was just the end. Like can she not do anything herself, she constantly uses cheap labour for everything!!
She makes me embarrassed to be white.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
“The year I became a celebrity in Iraq” that line alone killed me.

She’s an absolute tool with that recap

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Bullied in print media and a celebrity in Iraq. Wow. I'm speechless. She's delusional.

Also she doesn't own a home in Bali. She has a long term lease and the rules could change for any of that stuff over night.

I presume the highest paid influencer gigs were the ones she was written about in the media for her shady behaviour 😂. Yes, Janet, they were the highest paid for a reason. Probably Syria and Saudi. If she cried herself to sleep for a month over that but didn't gain any perspective or accept any responsibility for her actions then I have no words. It's just "bullying".

And it's interesting she is clearly still mad about how the owner built a new gaff beside her which wasn't part of their deal. He obviously tricked her and was gonna build it all along 😂. She tried to pretend she wasn't mad and knew it was the reality of doing business in Bali. But she clearly doesn't know the reality of doing business there. If she wants local people running around after her, cleaning her gaff and hanging up her pictures for her, she will have to accept the other realities that come with all that. She's always take take take.

Reactions: 13