Janetnewenham #1Journalist on d run from d tax man

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole lifestyle seems so shallow and kind of sad.
Functional friends who drift in and out of Bali until they grow up.
they never grow up, they just see the new influx of Instahuns moving to bali and then they feel old, mostly because the new wave are younger, thinner, blonder, hotter, more tech savvy, the OG's ( they think they are OGS anyway) move not because they grow up, but because they see they are outdated. when they move back to wherever they crawled from they don't grow up they just move away from Bali.

Reactions: 3
Is everyone living there an influencer or what? What do they do all day! It seems such a fickle life.
Also can't believe she's going on about an hour facial being that dear.

The whole lifestyle seems so shallow and kind of sad.
Functional friends who drift in and out of Bali until they grow up.
When she panned the camera round in the bar there wasn't a single local in there. It was all westerners. There is zero effort to get to know people who grew up there, learn about the culture and lifestyle.
It is just a cheap place to abuse for most of these 'digital nomads'!

Reactions: 6
When she panned the camera round in the bar there wasn't a single local in there. It was all westerners. There is zero effort to get to know people who grew up there, learn about the culture and lifestyle.
It is just a cheap place to abuse for most of these 'digital nomads'!
That video felt really seedy and exploitative, and they weren’t exclusively young people, to instaknobs’s point.

Janet seems to be building / has built a really nice travel business and I do like her content in general, but that whole scene in Bali feels like it will age like milk.
---
That video felt really seedy and exploitative, and they weren’t exclusively young people, to instaknobs’s point.

Janet seems to be building / has built a really nice travel business and I do like her content in general, but that whole scene in Bali feels like it will age like milk.
Quoting myself as I just saw her story about cows milk 😁

Re. The builders barefoot or in flip-flops - it all comes across as Western exploitation, I’ve observed the same when travelling to Asia for work and meeting ex-pats. The safety standards that we have in the West don’t apply, and nobody cares, those lives are cheap. Nothing Janet can change I know, just part of the overall situation.

But if I were Janet I would look at the tone of her content so avoid any hint of arrogance or exploitation. It may do no harm to get involved with a local charity also and give something back. Cribbing about the cost of the facial (still about 30% or less than you’d pay in Ireland) comes across as mean; I’m sure those organised trips come at a premium price.

Last edited:
Built from exploitation and taking the devil's money tourism washing some of the grimist places on earth.

There was even an Washington Post article about her. Janet made Syria look all.sunshine and lollipops.

No thanks. Try build some houses in Ireland Janet let's see how ya go.

Last edited:
Yeah I unfollowed her when she asked people to donate to her travelling as she was doing us a favor sharing her travels with us.. so thankfully haven't been around to see this second or third villa.

What she is doing in Bali, building the properties, all the local Indo people in Bali are complaining about that kind of thing. All the business are being run and owned by Westerners now along with all these properties being built. Also the place is completely overdeveloped with no infrastructure to support. Who has seen videos of the traffic in Cangu? I wouldn't be surprised if the government makes rules to prevent people from doing what she is doing. That's why they probably have the law that foreigners can't buy property there in the first place. The long term renting is more like a loophole I guess. It's easy to get caught up in the frenzy and think things will always continue the way they are. Especially if you're in an echo chamber of other people thinking the same thing. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out down the line.

Reactions: 7
This is the 4th! She built her own (acceptable-ish) but then did Villa Joy and Villa Bliss with a friend to rent out. Now another with a friend. Exploitation is right.

Reactions: 7
Another villa 😩 she's turning her beautiful country (her words) into a concrete jungle one villa at a time.

Also her voice/accent.......I can't cope with it🤪🤪🤪

Reactions: 5
Everything about this one gives me the absolute ick. She is clocking up countries just to say she has visited them. I’d say she is miserable and thinks that all this travelling is making her life look fulfilling. It doesn’t

Everything about this one gives me the absolute ick. She is clocking up countries just to say she has visited them. I’d say she is miserable and thinks that all this travelling is making her life look fulfilling. It doesn’t
it is a cash cow for her, and she will be putting all of these holidays down as a working expense. She is scouting for places to take idiots dumb enough to pay her as their tour guide.

Reactions: 1
Yeah when yoy travel you sometimes meet people just trying to tick the box of how many countries they have been to... they are usually boring and annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

Conveniently forgets travelling to Mexico and catching Covid, and also her little property empire in Bali

Reactions: 2