Jane Gammons #27 Jane and Charlie, bigger than ever, when will they diet? probably never

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know about everyone else but I don't eat dinner at lunchtime, I think she needs to review her three meals a day, including a bacon sandwich for breakfast. The Lidl haul was full of salami, full of fat and it might be 16 calories a slice I doubt anyone eats once slice of it.
The amount of highly processed meat they eat is downright dangerous. Processed meat is linked to bowel cancer.- not to mention high blood pressure, stroke, and a whole host of other health conditions.
Tan was the same. She used to eat whole packs of ham and chicken as a snack.

Reactions: 11
She classes this as a snack 😂 View attachment 473857
A tidy 400cals there. I wonder if she dunked a waffle or two in her tea as well for good measure! We had some fresh pineapple. 👼
We had fresh pineapple for the simple reason that we WANT to lose weight, and that’s the difference between us and Chins. She obviously does all this “dieting” for attention, and nothing more, if she wanted to lose weight she would!

Reactions: 13
This is what I find bad about SW (actually, one of the things I find back, I find it incredibly problematic) - they’re all obsessed with having all their “syns” and saving them for some calorie-laden chocolate “treat plate” at night. It makes me feel unwell.
SW can be a great starting point if you have severely disordered eating (as in you're consuming squillions of calories per day) but it teaches nothing about proper sustainable nutritional habits beyond 'speed foods'. You only have to look at some of the big name SW youtubers and the total muck they buy for their husbands/kids because 'they're not on slimming world'.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
DF2C051A-0642-4A21-BFC5-B6FC1105AD58.png

So I’m wondering what delights we can expect from this? Car air fresheners in the following flavours perhaps?

Mistaken for Polish Car Wash
Mistaken for Big Mac and Fries
Mistaken for Fish & Chips on the Beach
Mistaken for Country Muck Spreading

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
SW can be a great starting point if you have severely disordered eating (as in you're consuming squillions of calories per day) but it teaches nothing about proper sustainable nutritional habits beyond 'speed foods'. You only have to look at some of the big name SW youtubers and the total muck they buy for their husbands/kids because 'they're not on slimming world'.
As someone who’s had ( I say had loosely because although I’m better now it’s something that is always within you ) an eating disorder I can 100% say that SW is not a great starting point at all in fact it categorically made my eating disorder worse disordered eating needs professional help not a diet cult that teaches you nothing... if I had my way all these so called diets that make you reliant on them by teaching you nothing and making up systems like Syns and Points so on and so forth should be banned.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
As someone who’s had ( I say had loosely because although I’m better now it’s something that is always within you ) an eating disorder I can 100% say that SW is not a great starting point at all in fact it categorically made my eating disorder worse disordered eating needs professional help not a diet cult that teaches you nothing... if I had my way all these so called diets that make you reliant on them by teaching you nothing and making up systems like Syns and Points so on and so forth should be banned.
I speak from a similar personal experience to yous and I stand by my comment so I’ll agree to differ. SW is not a substitute for professional help and I didn’t suggest that it was.

Reactions: 6
I speak from a similar personal experience to yous and I stand by my comment so I’ll agree to differ. SW is not a substitute for professional help and I didn’t suggest that it was.
I know you didn’t suggest that but what I’m saying is something that gives the message of FREE FOOD in unlimited quantities to a person who has an eating disorder is Not a great starting point ... it’s like putting the Fat Child in a sweet shop and not expecting they eat all the sweets.

Reactions: 5
I know you didn’t suggest that but what I’m saying is something that gives the message of FREE FOOD in unlimited quantities to a person who has an eating disorder is Not a great starting point ... it’s like putting the Fat Child in a sweet shop and not expecting they eat all the sweets.
Yeah I think the fact that you can have two kilos of pasta and that’s absolutely fine but an avocado is shocking says it all. And from people I know and others online they discourage most exercise (my friend starting seeing a PT and gained a lb - they blamed that and told her it was a waste of time). The whole “syn” thing doesn’t sit well with me either. I know it’s not “sin” but that’s the connotations. There’s so many stupid “tweaks” etc too and changing of syn values which makes no sense.

Reactions: 8
Yeah I think the fact that you can have two kilos of pasta and that’s absolutely fine but an avocado is shocking says it all. And from people I know and others online they discourage most exercise (my friend starting seeing a PT and gained a lb - they blamed that and told her it was a waste of time). The whole “syn” thing doesn’t sit well with me either. I know it’s not “sin” but that’s the connotations. There’s so many stupid “tweaks” etc too and changing of syn values which makes no sense.
I have always thought the same about the “syn” thing. Someone else mentioned earlier about SW/WW being a form of MLM (unsure if it was this thread or “Trim with Tat” but I agree it is). Also never liked the sitting round in a circle then consultant goes round the room going through everyone’s results. I think it might have changed now tho.

Reactions: 3
When I did do SW many years ago it consisted of Red and Green days and a Syn was a SIN it started to get popular and suddenly all the changes were made etc and all the silly rules and the tweaks all this tit about if you mash a banana it has a syn value absolute bloody rubbish .... I can remember seeing a nutritionist while I was having therapy and telling her about SW and having Mug Shots for lunch she was absolutely horrified at the amount of processed rubbish they allowed.

Right!!! 🤨 I’m sorry but you have all let me down!!!!!!! 😡 why are you all not chatting about what she is doing with her shelving and concerned why she has succumbed to buying so many envelopes?? Oh sorry...... 🤔🙄🤭 it’s because we aren’t interested.... (me running to hide!) 🏃‍♂️ 🏃‍♀️ 🏃 the shame of asking 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Right!!! 🤨 I’m sorry but you have all let me down!!!!!!! 😡 why are you all not chatting about what she is doing with her shelving and concerned why she has succumbed to buying so many envelopes?? Oh sorry...... 🤔🙄🤭 it’s because we aren’t interested.... (me running to hide!) 🏃‍♂️ 🏃‍♀️ 🏃 the shame of asking 🤦‍♀️
Envelopes? Haha! Reminds me of when my now 18 year old niece was around 4 years old and had a thing for putting folded up paper in envelopes 😅

• Haha
I was showing an interest - all fits with my theory that she's branching out into car air fresheners with new flavours like, "Mistaken for Sweaty Dew Laps", "Mistaken for Poo on Shoe" or "Mistaken for Spilt Milk in Footwell".

Last edited:
  • Haha
I was showing an interest - all fits with my theory that she's branching out into car air fresheners with new flavours like, "Mistaken for Sweaty Dew Laps", "Mistaken for Poo on Shoe" or "Mistaken for Spilt Milk in Footwell".
“Sweaty Dew Laps!!” Lol 😂 😂😂😂😂

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
So she’s eating KFC to celebrate having the vaccine!! She really has no shame😞

Is she actually supposed be on a diet or what? Lidl haul up, and more processed fatty unhealthy food. . WTF
Yeah but she did post the calories alongside so obviously it counts 🤣🤣🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.