Jamie Oliver

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I made the frying pan bread dough toastie thingy today, and it was LOVELY! I used flour out of one of those complete bread mix packets, plus the baking powder, and it was really fluffy. Brie, spring onion, pepper, tomato. 10/10 would make again (every day).

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I made the frying pan bread dough toastie thingy today, and it was LOVELY! I used flour out of one of those complete bread mix packets, plus the baking powder, and it was really fluffy. Brie, spring onion, pepper, tomato. 10/10 would make again (every day).
I must try it. Has he posted the Dough recipe FOR FREE on his website?

I bet it would be nice for sweet versions too. A bit of banana or strawberries with Nutella topped with icecream would be delicious.

Reactions: 3
Missed the episode unfortunately. Was watching Ridley with superintendent Hastings. Getting my interview technique ready 💅 just in case.

Will catch up and report back 👊.

Reactions: 5

I bet it would be nice for sweet versions too. A bit of banana or strawberries with Nutella topped with icecream would be delicious.
I didn’t even look at the website, as I have a phobia of tip jars and disclaimers. Do you want me DEAD?

4T flour
1T yoghurt
1t baking powder
Enough water to give a consistency something like thick wallpaper paste.

I think I’d be tempted to add a spoon of sugar for sweet ones, and I bet banana and Nutella would be amazing 😻

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Mash up overripe banana with slightly less yoghurt and then mix that with the flour + baking powder into a sort of scone dough consistency and gently pat into shape (about palm sized rounds). Toast in a dry non stick pan.

Voila. Slightly sweet and fruity - ideal for Nutella to start to melt over, sliced strawberries, vanilla ice cream (or more yoghurt if it's Greek Style - swirl some lemon curd or maple syrup through it), another sliced strawberry on top, top with another one and dust with icing sugar if you want to be really fancy...

I think that counts as a scone rather than flat bread or pancake then?

I’ve just watched the first two episodes of the one pan series the food looks amazing but you definitely need the right pan to recreate them eg very expensive pans. Would like more veggie recipes we’re not vegetarian but our back at home son is, I really struggle with inspiration tbf our son does cook too. My observation is, it all looks like Jamie has concocted these recipes himself but can almost 100% guarantee he’s just presenting them. I don’t like how he keeps going on about how creative he is. What about giving the creators the credit 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I’ve just watched the first two episodes of the one pan series the food looks amazing but you definitely need the right pan to recreate them eg very expensive pans. Would like more veggie recipes we’re not vegetarian but our back at home son is, I really struggle with inspiration tbf our son does cook too. My observation is, it all looks like Jamie has concocted these recipes himself but can almost 100% guarantee he’s just presenting them. I don’t like how he keeps going on about how creative he is. What about giving the creators the credit 🤷🏻‍♀️

If I can come up with a way to make yoghurt banana scones, I reckon that a trained professional chef is more than capable of writing a few recipes himself.

Reactions: 7
If I can come up with a way to make yoghurt banana scones, I reckon that a trained professional chef is more than capable of writing a few recipes himself.
Yogurt banana scones sound amazing and creative 😋 my point is, he is beyond having to come up with new recipes he has a strong team behind him to come up with the goods and then he delivers. Maybe you should email his company and get your yogurt banana scones featured 👍

• Heart
I’m sorry but the recipe for the scone, tinned custard and strawberry recipe is quite frankly patronising. I couldn’t believe it. I use to like him but I think he’s tone deaf and pointless.

I’m sorry but the recipe for the scone, tinned custard and strawberry recipe is quite frankly patronising. I couldn’t believe it. I use to like him but I think he’s tone deaf and pointless.
Where is this recipe? In the new book? Mine arrived today and I haven’t had a chance to look at it yet properly

I saw it on instagram and he said it was from the book. It was on a level with Nigella’s avocado on toast 🙄
Just watched it. Agree it is a very basic recipe, I’m an experienced baker so prefer to do things a bit more challenging but I think this would probably taste quite nice if you are into trifles. Apart from the elderflower. I bleeping hate elderflower.
when I have looked through the book this evening some of the recipes are very simple assembly jobs and some have a bit more too them so I wouldn’t necessarily say they are patronising, perhaps just trying to appeal to various skill levels

Reactions: 1
I’ve just had the salmon/prawn/filo pie thing, and quite enjoyed it. Didn’t have any dill, so I used basil, as all herbs are the same 🌿

I’ll do a couple of things differently next time - I went too heavy on the paprika, the lemon needs to go on the couscous, and I reckon another veg in it would be nice (asparagus or spinach maybe).

I’ve got the latest book now, and also got Naked Chef and Return of the Naked Chef from a charity shop this weekend- his style had changed a fair bit - the older books are a much ‘cheffier’ level. I’m an enthusiastic but not wonderful cook, and some of the recipes are a bit much for me. He’s definitely found his niche now.

This salmon in a bag looks good. I probably would use a different fish but the sauce and flavours sound really good.

I completely forgot this was on tonight so thank you for the reminder on the other thread! Loving the look of this salmon (?) already.

Reactions: 2
Look at those fritters! 😍 Anything with feta and tomato is a winner for me. I've requested the book from the library, looking forward to getting it and trying some of the recipes.

Not sure about mixing up that gloopy mess on a board with my fingers tbh.

• Sick
Look at those fritters! 😍 Anything with feta and tomato is a winner for me. I've requested the book from the library, looking forward to getting it and trying some of the recipes.
They look lovely, don't they? I've got the book. It's lovely. Loads of lush looking recipes. Lots of budget ingredients too.

• Heart