Jamie Oliver

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure about mixing up that gloopy mess on a board with my fingers tbh.
Yeah, but I suppose it cuts down on washing up but the one thing I don’t like is he is obsessed with boards 😂

those fritters again look so versatile.I think I’ll make some at the weekend for a family thing but might make the feta sauce he made in the first episode to dip in instead of in the fritter perhaps

Reactions: 3
I’d forgotten about that feta sauce - yep, that sounds lovely together!

I’m trying to meal plan a bit, but my daughter‘s just got braces, and won’t eat ANYTHING that needs chewing. It’s making mealtimes a bit of a mare.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yeah, but I suppose it cuts down on washing up but the one thing I don’t like is he is obsessed with boards 😂

those fritters again look so versatile.I think I’ll make some at the weekend for a family thing but might make the feta sauce he made in the first episode to dip in instead of in the fritter perhaps
Ooh that sounds good. The pork belly and fennel look amazing! Love pork belly but don't have it often as I worry about it not being tender.

I’m trying to meal plan a bit, but my daughter‘s just got braces, and won’t eat ANYTHING that needs chewing. It’s making mealtimes a bit of a mare.
Ah bless her. My son had braces, top and bottom. Very painful when he had them fitted and then when he had them adjusted/bands changed. Have you got the wax of the inside of her cheeks get sore?

Reactions: 1

You could maybe whizz up a few nice soups and blend and portion out. It’s starting to get autumnal so enjoyable
I love
Sweet potato, coconut and chilli
Butternut squash and sage or curry
Roast turnip and bacon

maybe some pastas to get her starting to reintroduce solids without too much chewing

good Greek or protein yoghurt as a base for overnight oats or with softer fruits

Thank you Grifty, those sound lovely. They were only fitted last Friday, so I think they’re still a bit painful. She’s taking soup to school tomorrow, and she’s not ventured beyond mash, yoghurt, jelly and scrambled egg so far! I’ll try some overnight oats for the morning (no tinned carrots involved).

Thank you Grifty, those sound lovely. They were only fitted last Friday, so I think they’re still a bit painful. She’s taking soup to school tomorrow, and she’s not ventured beyond mash, yoghurt, jelly and scrambled egg so far! I’ll try some overnight oats for the morning (no tinned carrots involved).
If she is having eggs u could maybe make a batch of those egg muffins as I think they can be frozen too or would keep for a couple of days in the fridge to save time. Or if she is a teenager encourage her to do the cooking with a few easy options as that could encourage her to be a bit more adventurous and give u a break too!

Watching on plus one (Only Connect was on at same time) so halfway through.
Love the look of the tomato fritters. Nigella (when we liked her) did a terrific tin foil bag hack. Put frozen peas in it with protein of choice - salmon, chicken along with flavourings etc - and the peas cooking and defrosting steam the rest making it so juicy and tender.

Btw Jools does not look too well I think. Long covid. Poor thing.

Reactions: 5
I think she’ll be ok once she’s actually … chewed! I bought her and her dad James May’s cookbook (don’t judge me! I’m sick of doing every meal, and she loves Top Gear!), and they’ve said they’ll do Spag Bol and she’ll give it a go. 😆

SORRY, back to Jamie!!

I knew there was a thread and yay, i found it

i love how he presents his recipes as springboards and keeps saying, "you can try this, this or this instead"

like, I'd never do the salmon and chorizo with the original sauce cos I loathe peppers, but I'd try it with other vegetables and, actually, I've never even thought of putting salmon and chorizo together and now i really want to

the porchetta and risotto is the stuff of my dreams 😻

gotta say though, the use of metallic utensils on his brand new, tefal x jo range non-stick pans sets my very teeth on edge

• Heart
Reactions: 5

When my youngest had them fitted, what drove her mad was things getting trapped in between her teeth, even more than the braces themselves - I bought her a waterpik so she could get everything out without any digging around when she had already complained that she felt like she was been repeatedly kicked in the mouth.

She found nuggets and chips were a good start for the eating solids again process. As I think most of them do. And then I could persuade her that actually eating some vegetables and rice/pasta was a reasonable thing to move on to once she'd got the idea that not all solid food was going to hurt.

Oh, and paracetamol.

Thank you @TheDragonWithAFlagon - and apologies for her teeth monopolising the thread! I like to think Jamie is keeping tabs on us and reading all this.

She did manage some bread today, and we’re having jacket potatoes tonight, as some idiot (me) forgot to defrost the mince.

I have a little travel waterpic! I was a bit worried it might break the braces, so good to hear that is an option. She’s alternating ibuprofen and paracetamol which is working well.

I’ve always wanted braces, and was going to get them at the same time, but an old root canal means there’d be a high chance I’d lose a lower tooth at the front, so have to live with my wonky teeth. Gutted. Still, at least I can eat crunchy things.

SORRY JAMIE

Anyone who bought the book, would you recommend it?

I mainly only cook for one, and tend to get stuck in a rut of repeating the same meals - which I don't mind but wouldn't mind trying something new. I am a big fan of one pan meals.

Anyone who bought the book, would you recommend it?

I mainly only cook for one, and tend to get stuck in a rut of repeating the same meals - which I don't mind but wouldn't mind trying something new. I am a big fan of one pan meals.
I’ve got the book and would recommend it as he has some great ideas, however if you were specifically looking for one pan meals for one person it maybe isn’t specifically tailored for that so I wouldn’t want to recommend u spending £15 if money is tight in case that isn’t what u are looking for or expecting.

a lot of people recommend the Miguel Barclay £1 meals, not sure if they are one pan but perhaps they would work better for cooking for one

Nope. It'll be on at lunchtime (1.35pm) on Sunday. I'm guessing it'll be the same next Monday too.

I did the aubergine Shakshuka a couple of nights ago. I liked it, but my OH actually retched eating it* so I’m not sure that’s going on the rotation (*the Ras el Hanout was weird - I‘d just use smoked paprika if I did it again).

• Haha